• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Did you even try the multiplayer? Its very fun, and i dont see it being dead so soon.

Also, i think Bioware said the multiplayer was made by another team than the one doing the single player. But then, someone might just reply to this saying "DONT BELIEVE THEIR LIES".
Well, they definitely shared assets. Like someone else said, the multiplayer maps show up as 'horde mode' side missions. They play exactly the same too.

But yeah, I'm having lots of fun with it. I guess the unlocking items thing is addictive.

.GqueB.

Banned
I had Liara with me on that mission and she apparently survived without a scratch. She walked out of the crashed Normandy like nothing happened.

What determines that exactly? I had Liara and James on that last mission. The only members of my crew to step off the Normandy were Joker and EDI.

I was wondering why since he was synthetic he couldn't just copy his software and upload it instead of sacrificing himself. Weird. Maybe they don't work like that.

No, they just wanted to kill him off. Same with Thane and Mordin. But it's so forced that it lacks any meaning.

At least the squadmates dying at the end felt right. If they even died at the end. It was a big battle while being shot at by a Reaper. I could see a squadmate dying in that situation even if it was out of my control. Thane, Mordin, and Legions death were only there because Bioware knew they were favorites and they thought they could elicit some kind of emotional response from players by killing them off. Nope, sorry Bioware. That doesn't work when you are as clumsy as a 14 year old trying to unfasten a girls bra.

You want to know just how desperate they were to force you to feel bad about the deaths? Well if Thane died in ME2, or you dont go visit him in the hospital in ME3, he wont be there when Kai Leng tries to assassinate the Salarian Ambassador. Instead .....
It's Captain Kirrahe. And when Kai Leng attempts to kill the ambassador with his palm of death it hits Kirrahe instead who is cloaked in front of the ambassador. Of course he dies.

So I start a new Shepard does that mean my galactic readiness drops back to 50%? Or do I keep my multiplayer stats? I suppose in the time it would take me to replay ME1 and 2 it would have dropped to 50% anyways.
Galactic Readiness is consistent with all files. It's tied to your gamer profile.

.GqueB.

Banned
No, they just wanted to kill him off. Same with Thane and Mordin. But it's so forced that it lacks any meaning.

I'm sorry but how is Mordins death forced? It's a classic story of redemption since he played a part in the whole genophage situation. It's the only death in the game that made any sense to me since it's one of the few story arcs that actually felt complete.

Thane I agree with since that fight made no sense. For some reason, Shepard just kind of stood there and watched them fight.

Menelaus

Banned
I'm sorry but how is Mordins death forced? It's a classic story of redemption since he played a part in the whole genophage situation. It's the only death in the game that made any sense to me since it's one of the few story arcs that actually felt complete.

Thane I agree with since that fight made no sense. For some reason, Shepard just kind of stood there and watched them fight.

Add in the fact that Mordin doesn't even HAVE to die!

Melchiah

I think if your love interest is still alive, they are shown in that final scene. I'm not sure though.

Reposting to a new page, in hope for getting an answer to this.

I assumed they died, as neither of them (Liara & Javik) were shown during the end scene, after the Normandy's crash, and Liara was my love interest.

Is there some things, that are demanded for your team mates appearing in the end? Because I got the most of the assets (~7000), 100% galactic readiness, cured the xenophage, and ended the Geth & Quarian war with Tali alive, had the Paragon stats beyond the chart, and only missed few of the first Citadel missions and was unable to save Miranda + didn't kill the Rachni Queen.

I also wondered, why the last Paragon/Renegade option in the Illusive Man scene was greyed out for me. Seems like it can only be accessed on the second playthrough, or you have to have a perfect score on everything.

What determines that exactly? I had Liara and James on that last mission. The only members of my crew to step off the Normandy were Joker and EDI.

I'm wondering this too. I did an almost full paragon run, visited all my chums, and took Javik and James on the final push/defend the missiles mission. Opted for the 'Destroy the Reapers' ending, since it was the only thing that even made a shred of sense.

Joker, Ashley and James got out of the busted Normandy. How James made it from charging the beam with me to back onthe Normandy is beyond my pay grade.

But hey, that's art for you!

Is there any benefit at all to promoting a multiplayer character other than 10+ to your N7 level and 75+ points to your single player game? Does it change anything single player wise?

I'm wondering this too. I did an almost full paragon run, visited all my chums, and took Javik and James on the final push/defend the missiles mission. Opted for the 'Destroy the Reapers' ending, since it was the only thing that even made a shred of sense.

Joker, Ashley and James got out of the busted Normandy. How James made it from charging the beam with me to back onthe Normandy is beyond me.

Joker is one hell of a pilot.

.GqueB.

Banned

Joker, Ashley and James got out of the busted Normandy. How James made it from charging the beam with me to back onthe Normandy is beyond me.

Lol, thats fucking hilarious.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It was weird that there were no Collectors in ME3. I find it strange that I somehow destroyed all of them when I blew up their base, surely there had to be more out harvesting people while I was attacking them.

I really wanted to see an exchange with Javik after he saw a collector.

They had one base and apparently one ship

Deus Ex Machina. If it wasn't a collapsing building it would have been him saving the female Krogan from a Reaper. If it wasn't a Reaper it would have been him saving you from a Thresher Maw. They are the writers and they were going to make damn sure that there is almost nothing you could do to save him.

Mordin can live through ME3 though (and become a war asset, whoopie!) Do you want to know how to save Mordin in ME3? Kill Wrex in ME1.

gokieks

Issues with Thane's confrontation with Kai Leng on the Citadel has a lot more to do with the terribleness that is Kai Leng and nearly everything he's involved in than Thane. Plus, that part wasn't what made Thane's death so powerful anyway. It was the prayer his son delivers at his deathbed and how it relates to Shepard (though that would depend on certain player choices in ME2).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well since everyone else is giving their impressions and reflections, I might as well give mine:

The Good

- Art direction has always been one of the highlights of the franchise for me and this game was not really an exception at all. Character designs like Javik continue to be refreshing while the environments themselves were quite beautiful. I have to applaud Bioware again for their reaper designs. While I miss the sleek and skintight armor that was representative of the less conventional aesthetic of the first game, it makes sense that now, things look more war-ready.
The Soverign class Reapers that feel threatening and the ground troops are a pretty good mix of horror expected from the twisted fusion of the races. Did anyone else notice that the right arms of the Cannibals was a whole human?

- The actual combat mechanics were quite good. I felt like the RPG and action elements between ME1 and 2 were mixed together fairly well. Weapon customization was a further plus and I’m glad that the upgrades were cosmetic as well.

- I was pleasantly surprised by how engrossing and enjoyable the multiplayer was. I usually don’t like online multiplayer all that much, but this was pretty engaging. I liked the multiple classes forcing teamwork and I even liked the carrot-on-a-stick unlocking system. I ended up not playing the campaign for a whole week just to play multiplayer.

- Most of the story elements before the end were really damn good. Mordin’s scene, Tali and Legions were quite exceptional. I didn’t get a chance to import a ME2 save since I lost it when I got a new computer and failed to back that save up so I’m going to replay it since I didn’t even meet Thane, Jack, Brute etc... I’m not sure how I feel about being able to save some of them in their missions because those feelings of loss where some of the strongest moments in the entire game. Sending Mordin up to his own death? Tali killing herself while watching her people die? The emotional impact of those scenes were unmatched by anything, especially not the ending to the bloody thing.

- Building up my war assets was pretty fun. While they really had no effect on the final battle, I did like being able to read all the details and updates on each asset as I acquired them.

- The ending section from the jump into the Sol sector to the elevator, was excellent. I really got the feelings of desperation and hope as I was pushing through the streets of London. There were some really great “FUCK FUCK FUCK I AM SO FUCKED” moments there.

The “Eh”

- Graphic fidelity was merely “okay”. It’s 2012 and I expect my PC games to look better than this. Damn consoles holding it back. I also don’t like the weird discrepancies between the texture work on some of the characters. Vega’s texture work was really damn good, while Garrus was super blurry and even Shepard looked pretty janky.

- Somewhat disappointed that there were so few squadmates this time and that none of your ME2 buddies could be squadmates. Sort of weird that all the ME2 characters got shafted while we got Kaidan/Ashley, two really boring characters that don’t hold a candle to Mordin or Thane.

- Enemy encounters still feel kind of off. They weren’t nearly as bad as in ME2 when you could walk into a room and see a bunch of waist high objects and instantly know there was a fight coming, but they still feel somewhat contrived. I can’t really explain why that is.

- While I really like the weapon customization options in this game, I ended up getting pretty obsessive with scouring each battle ground for upgrades I didn’t want to miss. That wasn’t so much fun but at least I wasn’t scouring for thermal clips like in ME2.

- I didn't mind the Reaper galaxy map benny hill chasings that much, even if it was so exploitable. Though I would really would have liked the Mako back, or The Hammerhead.

- I feel that there is this disparity between the competence of Shepard and her crew versus everyone else in the entire galaxy. Everyone else just sucks so much. I think it would have been really great to see some characters do some amazing achievements without your help. Otherwise you get these war assets saying how great they are when you know they probably just suck as much as everyone else.

- Doing the Citadel fetch quests was pretty mediocre, though I did like that you could find the item you needed before actually talking to the person.

- I pretty much ignored Vega for the whole game. He was a pretty boring character and not really strong addition to the game. Then again, neither were Kaiden or Jacob.

- I think it’s pretty funny that they tried to make Ashley sexy, but she really just ended up looking like a space prostitute

The “Why did they do this?”

- The ending. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. I'll just say that when I finished the game, my feelings were not of happiness or accomplishment. All I got from that was disappointment. I don't care what Bioware's artistic vision was supposed to be, but when it results in your audience feeling dejected, that's not good one way or another.

- Why does Shepard still run so slowly out of battle? Is it too much trouble to have her run like a normal person does so I can navigate the Citadel faster?

- Planet scanning. I appreciate that they were trying to streamline the planet scanning mini-game, but why, WHY make the planets turn SO SLOWLY. I had to sweep my mouse across my desk to get it to turn a few degrees. I don't understand why they would do this except to intentionally annoy the player. In addition, I don’t get why some star systems didn’t display completion percentages so I couldn’t tell if I had scanned everything there already.

- Like I said, I don't play many third person shooters, but is it common for that sticky effect to happen so easily? When I'm trying to run away from things I inevitably get stuck to a corner that I'm trying to run past. This tends to get me shot at quite often and is most disastrous in multiplayer.

- Why did they even make all those assets in that ME2 DLC for the hammerhead if they weren't going to ever use them again?

- Maybe it was because I played the lazy ass PC port, but man this game was really buggy. I can't count how many times I've gotten stuck on ladders. Quests would open up after I engaged in conversations on the Citadel, but the NPCs wouldn't let me talk to them until I exited the area and came back even while being shown on the map as interactive. Towards the end of the game, Shepard kept flickering whenever she was in a cutscene.

- Speaking of the lazy ass PC port. Virtually having no options to tweak the graphics was an utter failure.

-------------------------

Despite my negative comments, overall, I still feel that this game was fantastic except for some really kick in the balls shit. Unfortunately that kick in the balls comes at the very end and you forget about all the good stuff. All of the adventures I’ve had, are moot in light of that ending. At this point, I would pay good money for DLC that retcons that ending. That’s right, I would give more money to Bioware to get some closure on the series. So congrats Bioware 7/10

The ones with no percentages have no stuff

Guesong

Screw Shepard, Thane is supposed to be the best assassin of the galaxy yet he had the genuine idea of rushing toward a guy who had a sword while himself having a long-range pistol.

Best assassin, really?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Deus Ex Machina. If it wasn't a collapsing building it would have been him saving the female Krogan from a Reaper. If it wasn't a Reaper it would have been him saving you from a Thresher Maw. They are the writers and they were going to make damn sure that there is almost nothing you could do to save him.

Mordin can live through ME3 though (and become a war asset, whoopie!) Do you want to know how to save Mordin in ME3? Kill Wrex in ME1.

Um yes cause it makes sense given the character of Wreav, Mordin and Wrex. Why are we bitching about an excellent part? Also Thane was gonna die anyways. We knew this since 2. While I wish he had die of illness instead of a really dumb fight scene, his death scene was really good apart from him still having his jacket on.

gokieks

I question whether you understand what deus ex machina actually means. Because judging from what you're saying, your definition of it would include every plot device that kills off a character in the history of... everything.

Kyari

I also wondered, why the last Paragon/Renegade option in the Illusive Man scene was greyed out for me. Seems like it can only be accessed on the second playthrough, or you have to have a perfect score on everything.

From what I understand you have to have made every Paragon or Renegade option in previous dialogues with him and there is one that is commonly missed on Mars.

GSR

If we're doing reviews now...

The good:
  • Combat really was a leap forward from the previous games. The underlying core is the same, of coruse, but it's been tightened up enough that a wholly-combat multiplayer is actually fun.
  • The music was very nice, with a good mix of tracks new and old.
  • Squad banter was significantly improved and very fun to listen to, both on the ship and off it.
  • Character moments like shooting stuff on the Citadel with Garrus or Liara's time capsule were excellent.
  • The Tuchanka and Rannoch missions were superb. I remember when I finished Tuchanka with the wholly-Paragon ending I just sat there for a minute soaking it in. I also like that you can't get peace between the Geth and Quarians unless you've imported an ME2 file - for once, it feels relevant to carry forward your saves.
  • The game also has a lot of nice little things depending on your saves. They handled the DLC quite well, in my opinion - I never did Overlord, so it was interesting to talk to Dr. Archer and hear about how in the end they had to nuke the project.
  • ME2 squadmates also were handled probably as well as could be expected. I didn't have any illusions that anyone besides Garrus or Tali would be joining the party again, but almost all of them got an appropriate, satisfying role in the plot or a side mission. I even wound up liking Miranda much more in this one than ME2. It would've been nice for Zaeed and Kasumi to get a little more screen time, though.
  • The new reputation system. It's nice to be able to switch to intimidation in certain cases you think it would work better without having to be a dick the entire game up to that point. It was also nice that the Rannoch and Illusive Man checks had other requirements besides "really high Reputation."
  • Javik.

The so-so:
  • Planet scanning. While it was nice to avoid mineral scanning, flying around and pinging systems until little Reapers popped up to chase you away wasn't much better. It doesn't help that there was no way to upgrade fuel capacity or scan range.
  • James. He wasn't a bad character, and Freddie Prinze Jr. did a pretty good job voicing him, but he just wasn't interesting. Jacob 2.0.
  • The Citadel. It's good that it's bigger than ME2, and there was plenty of ambient stuff going on, but having it broken into discrete chunks unlike ME1's fairly contiguous map still rubs me the wrong way.

The bad:
  • The ending. I actually don't mind it nearly as much as a lot of people, but as has been said thematically it just doesn't mesh with the rest of the series.
  • Pretty much anything on Earth, both at the start and end of the game. The start was way too rushed, and I really do wish they'd kept in the trial idea. The end level on Earth just got repetitive and frustrating, and didn't even have the bonus of an interesting environment to take place in.
  • The War Assets/EMS system. First off, the fact that you can't get 4000 EMS without multiplayer (and thus are locked out of the "best" destroy option) is really just a slap in the face considering how many times they said multiplayer wasn't necessary. It's also frustrating to spend all the game gathering up these assets and then see the results reduced to one or two lines of dialogue on the approach to Earth. I was expecting a Suicide Mission-esque final level where higher EMS would open up more options for directing the fleets and thus let you get a better ending.
  • The sidequest/journal system just bites. I want to smack upside the head whoever thought, "let's turn 90% of the sidequests in the game into planet scanning-based fetch quests, then remove any way to keep track of progress besides being done or not done." The fact that these quests were also almost all autodialogue made them feel even less important. N7 missions are also damned stupid.
  • Autodialogue and the neutering of the conversation system. This is particularly bad towards the start of the game, but it never really goes away. It's true that oftentimes responses in past games would boil down to the same result, but being able to choose your character's way of putting it does help with immersion and roleplaying. It also seemed to me like there were way fewer Charm/Intimidate options, though again they became more frequent later in the game.
  • The treatment of Ashley/Kaidan. I'm not surprised that they have basically the same character arc, but I am surprised (and disappointed) that they get so blatantly sidelined. It's pretty telling that even though I romanced Ashley, I never had a "full dialogue" with her on the ship besides the scene where she was drunk, whereas I could go chat up Javik or Garrus or James and get full conversations from time to time.
  • Bugs.

All in all, I still enjoyed the game a lot, it's just got its flaws and it's becoming increasingly apparent they could have used a few more months of dev time. I remember being surprised ME3 was announced so quickly; looks like my concerns were warranted.

It was weird that there were no Collectors in ME3. I find it strange that I somehow destroyed all of them when I blew up their base, surely there had to be more out harvesting people while I was attacking them.

I really wanted to see an exchange with Javik after he saw a collector.

He had a line when speaking with Liara abotu Collectors. She says something like " sorry for killing last prothean " and he's like " nah, there weren't Prothean anymore "

i-Lo

With regards to the ending only. I chose synthesis and at first I felt the ending was satisfactory. Of course I felt it was missing a few things and after I saw all the other ones, this video stuck with me and made me realize of the consequences I had not begun to perceive yet.

That is, the destruction of the Mass Relays and its consequences. Besides the ones mentioned in that video, I wanted to know why destruction of Mass Relays don't mean the destruction of nearby planets since in ME2 DLC Arrival, it wiped out an entire solar system which is definitely possible if the claims of exploding Mass Relays being equivalent in power to Supernovas?

The endings were indeed deficient.

Issues with Thane's confrontation with Kai Leng on the Citadel has a lot more to do with the terribleness that is Kai Leng and nearly everything he's involved in than Thane. Plus, that part wasn't what made Thane's death so powerful anyway. It was the prayer his son delivers at his deathbed and how it relates to Shepard (though that would depend on certain player choices in ME2).

Nope, it's about the lack of justifying how things went down, Thane has many chances to shoot Kai but never does, no one (including Shepard steps in).
The writers wanted a dramatic one on one duel but couldn't be bothered to plan a head for it.

Struct09

They showed up on my first (only) play-through and I got the Illusive Man to kill himself. I did most of the side missions throughout the game, raising my reputation and Paragon scores whenever I had the chance.

GSR

From what I understand you have to have made every Paragon or Renegade option in previous dialogues with him and there is one that is commonly missed on Mars.

Yeah, there's one on Mars and one on Thessia that are hidden behind an investigative question on the left side of the dialogue wheel.

I've also heard (not confirmed) that you need to stick to either Charming or Intimidating him the whole game, not switching between the two.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The so-so:
  • Planet scanning. While it was nice to avoid mineral scanning, flying around and pinging systems until little Reapers popped up to chase you away wasn't much better. It doesn't help that there was no way to upgrade fuel capacity or scan range.
  • James. He wasn't a bad character, and Freddie Prinze Jr. did a pretty good job voicing him, but he just wasn't interesting. Jacob 2.0.
  • The Citadel. It's good that it's bigger than ME2, and there was plenty of ambient stuff going on, but having it broken into discrete chunks unlike ME1's fairly contiguous map still rubs me the wrong way.

i preferred this. it made it feel like thing were further apart. ME1 having like one room dedicated to the financial district and other such gamey contrivances annoyed me more.

I question whether you understand what deus ex machina actually means. Because judging from what you're saying, your definition of it would include every plot device that kills off a character in the history of... everything.

I only use it here in reference to a game that supposedly supports choice and options based on your actions. But they have completely abandoned that and forced you to either kill Wrex or have Mordin die. It's going to happen. One or both are going to die and they dont care what you think you can do about that. They decided they are going to die and they are going to write a looping scenario that removes any choice in the matter from your hands.

Here are your options:

Kill Wrex on Virmire - Mordin lives
Watch Mordin die in a crumbling building - Wrex lives
Shoot Mordin in ME3
Shoot Mordin and Wrex in Me3

Edit: I forgot 1 option. Mordin dies in suicide mission in ME2 .... : |

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also if legion just copied himself, he wouldnt necessarily be the same person, depending on if the 1183 consensus works similar to a quantum blue box.

.GqueB.

Banned

Still don't see how it was "forced". To me, forced means that it was going to happen whether or not it fit within the narrative. Where it almost seems like a big random surprise. But it made complete sense in the narrative and it seemed very genuine. I think we have very different definitions of forced in this case.

And Wrex is dead in my game and I still couldn't save Mordin :(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I only use it here in reference to a game that supposedly supports choice and options based on your actions. But they have completely abandoned that and forced you to either kill Wrex or have Mordin die. It's going to happen. One or both are going to die and they dont care what you think you can do about that. They decided they are going to die and they are going to write a looping scenario that removes any choice in the matter from your hands.

Here are your options:

Shoot Mordin in ME3

Why should their death be up to you? Its annoying when characters get bent around by player agency. Giving the relationship between Wrex, Wreav and Mordin, it makes sense.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone else sort of bothered by what I call the "Deep Space Nine" effect? Where a cutscene happens and all of a sudden nobody has shields? They all get killed by one pistol shot?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
RetakeME3 - Cupcake Campaign
invoice.jpg

Higurashi+no+Naku+Koro+ni+Rena+Ryuuguu.jpg

Totally thought of this. lmao

Why should their death be up to you? Its annoying when characters get bent around by player agency. Giving the relationship between Wrex, Wreav and Mordin, it makes sense.

Why should we have a choice in anything at all? Why not remove all choices and make the game linear with no choices like a Half-Life game? It's not like the Mass Effect series was built on your choices actually having an affect on anything.

In particular this is all so shameless based on the characters that they decided were going to die. Not Steve. Not Vega. Even Ashley/Kaiden are easy to keep alive. No just the fan favorites. It's all so transparent that it comes off as a pathetic attempt to make me feel bad. That's why on the second playthrough of ME3, and every playthrough from here on out, I just don't care. I don't stop to visit Miranda. I don't stop to see Thane . I don't bother with talking to the crew anymore like I have in every other ME game. I dont care because it means so little.

I cannot believe someone is arguing against Mordin's death. His death in the shroud is the only way his character arc could ever end. Saving him is not respecting the character at all. It's not about choice here.

I cannot believe someone is arguing against Mordin's death. His death in the shroud is the only way his character arc could ever end. Saving him is not respecting the character at all. It's not about choice here.

But you do have a choice. You say it as if he has to die in the shroud. He doesn't. If you will just go ahead and kill Wrex on Virmire you can save Mordin! : |

Melchiah

That's probably it. I didn't have enough Paragon points to have the option during the Mars mission.

Just checked ME wikia entry about it:
A discussion with the Illusive Man occurs during which you can apply a charm or intimidate dialogue option depending on the amount of paragon/renegade points the player has.

gokieks

Nope, it's about the lack of justifying how things went down, Thane has many chances to shoot Kai but never does, no one (including Shepard steps in).
The writers wanted a dramatic one on one duel but couldn't be bothered to plan a head for it.

As the rest of the (terrible) encounters with Kai Leng have proven, shooting him really doesn't accomplish a whole lot. And again, I'm not praising the fight between Thane and Kai Leng as a paragon of, well, anything, because like I said, pretty much every single scene in the game involving Kai Leng was terrible (except when you dodge and stab him at the end, and that's mostly because you realize you don't have to suffer through any more scenes with him). But the best part of Thane's character arc coming to a close was the deathbed prayer scene with his son, and that was a scene that would've had much the same emotional resonance no matter how he died.

Here are your options:

Shoot Mordin in ME3

Edit: I forgot 1 option. Mordin dies in suicide mission in ME2 .... : |

Giving the player choice and allowing the player to save everyone are far from being the same thing. The forced choice to having to let either Ashley or Kaidan die in ME1 didn't tip you off to that?

embalm

You do have a choices in that mission. Just because you aren't God controlling the fate of every living thing around you doesn't mean you don't have choices.

They give you the choice to respect Mordin.'s decision, or to stop him at all costs.

By giving Mordin his own will power, it makes him more real, it makes him a believable character and makes for a great character arc.
Besides do all of your friends take your advice no matter what?

RenegadeShepard.png

As a renegade,

I’d have wanted:

- to try and convince the Krogan that there will be no cure to the Genophage, convince them to activate the Turian bomb, blowing up Tuchanka when a Reaper fleet show up, and let the Krogan there go out in a blaze of glory. The first line of Reapers die.

- to lure the Reapers into the Dholen system, make its sun go supernova using gravitation technology, which would be salvaged from the Collector's base. A second line of Reapers are taken out.

- to save the Ardat-Yakshs earlier including Morinth, also convince the Asari to experiment on Shila, then grow new artificial spores based on the biological transferences that the Thorian left behind. On Earth, the squad waits for Harbinger and uses the orbital laser gun, now both the Normandy and allied fleet blow a hole into Harbinger. Now the Ardat-Yashs and the spores get inside the shell, finding the organic part they then mind-melt him to death. Harbinger crashes and the impact kill them. This leaves the Reapers’ formation in temporary disarray as they must eventually choose one to manage their creatures.

- to temporarily confuse the Reapers by encouraging the Turians to make Electromagnetic bombs using data based on the Reaper IFF technology that was installed in the Normandy.

- to sabotage the Charon relay by encoding it with data, it’s extracted instead from the Collectors’ hacked Omega 4 relay, to redirect it. Next the Normandy unifies the newly allied forces outside the Citadel, this lures the Reapers. As many of them attempt to use the Charon relay, they are instead redirected into the black hole where the Collectors used to be. Even too many Reapers are here at one time, they get engulfed into it, another line of Reapers die.

- to convince the Geth that they’re outnumbered by both the Quarians and Reapers, so the Geth corrupt their own consensus with malevolent data and Legion uses the dying Rannoch Reaper to relay this, corrupting the Reapers in the Tikkun system, forcing them to self-destruct, killing another line of Reapers.

- to take from the Arrae base any stolen data Cerberus had of the Derelict Reaper and salvage this damage report of that Reaper. The functional Geth's consensus helps from before. This Reaper's data and power signatures help the allied races distribute new weapons based on the mass accelerator rounds that originally took out the Derelict Reaper out millions of years ago but now enhanced by modern technology. The Geth and all the Council races' scientists help distribute this new weaponry; mostly they're secretly manufactured at one of the most protected systems, the Citadel’s Warehouses and stealthy Geth stations distribute this anti-reaper weapons. Shepard is allowed to suggest to the council whether C-Sec/ Purgatory II prisoners should be monitored and forced in labour to build parts, such as Harkin.

But you know we got God kid instead to sort it all out.

Giving the player choice and allowing the player to save everyone are far from being the same thing. The forced choice to having to let either Ashley or Kaidan die in ME1 didn't tip you off to that?

And that choice felt just as hollow. The only reason I wouldnt complain about it is because it allowed me to kill off that dollar store Rain Man Kaiden.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why should we have a choice in anything at all? Why not remove all choices and make the game linear with no choices like a Half-Life game? It's not like the Mass Effect series was built on your choices actually having an affect on anything.

In particular this is all so shameless based on the characters that they decided were going to die. Not Steve. Not Vega. Even Ashley/Kaiden are easy to keep alive. No just the fan favorites. It's all so transparent that it comes off as a pathetic attempt to make me feel bad. That's why on the second playthrough of ME3, and every playthrough from here on out, I just don't care. I don't stop to visit Miranda. I don't stop to see Thane . I don't bother with talking to the crew anymore like I have in every other ME game. I dont care because it means so little.

Oh my god your whining and strawmanning is tiring. You just seem bitter Mordin died.

hope you dont ever read A Song of Ice and Fire. You dont have any choice there. That must suck.

Top Bottom