• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Well, that's actually a possibility in the Destroy ending.

SPECULATION.
Stop it. He's already dead.

tumblr_luiobog8Sr1qdoghio1_500.png

JerkShep

Is there no way to kill Jacob in ME3 right? I can't stand him, I thought he could not become worse than in ME2 but when he mentioned the Shepard baby thing I wanted to shoot him in the face, he's so boooring.

hateradio

Is there no way to kill Jacob in ME3 right? I can't stand him, I thought he could not become worse than in ME2 but when he mentioned the Shepard bzby thing I wanted to shoot him in the face, he's so boooring.
That was actually his baby's mama's opinion.

rozay

Banned
Is there no way to kill Jacob in ME3 right? I can't stand him, I thought he could not become worse than in ME2 but when he mentioned the Shepard baby thing I wanted to shoot him in the face, he's so boooring.
you can pretend that not talking to him on the citadel means he waits for you in the hospital eternally and thus gets killed when the reapers use space magic to move the citadel to Sol.

Rapstah

Kill him in ME2 then, he'll never get to have that baby and he'll die loving you.

I plan on doing a playthrough of ME2 in which only Jack and Morinth survive, and then not do the Jack mission in ME3 so everyone who ever joined me dies. Serves them right.

Zomba13

I didn't mind Jacob in ME2. He was boring and bland but... not offensive or anything. Must suck for the few femsheps that romanced him. He's a jerk in ME3, it's like, barely any time since ME2 and he up and cheats on her the first chance he gets.

hateradio

How much time passed? I thought it was three years. I remember hearing the relay's destruction would delays the Reapers by that much.

Alchemy

I got almost everyone killed in ME2, and just felt horrible about it while playing through ME3. Caused me to immediately play through ME1/2 and make sure everyone survives. Just so they can suffer through ME3's ending with me.

JerkShep

you can pretend that not talking to him on the citadel means he waits for you in the hospital eternally and thus gets killed when the reapers use space magic to move the citadel to Sol.
He probably has a dialogue at the end though, before the final mission, with the other characters from ME2 (and Cortez). Maybe if you skip the scientists mission he's killed with them, I don't know.

Random note: it was nice of the Reapers to leave the Citadel shops' online ordering open after relocating to Earth and transforming the whole thing into a huge processing megaship. :)

Moaradin

Kill him in ME2 then, he'll never get to have that baby and he'll die loving you.

I plan on doing a playthrough of ME2 in which only Jack and Morinth survive, and then not do the Jack mission in ME3 so everyone who ever joined me dies. Serves them right.

Liara will survive no matter what. I think you may be able to kill Ashley/Kaiden though.

Then you will be stuck with Vega and EDI lol

Rapstah

Liara will survive no matter what. I think you may be able to kill Ashley/Kaiden though.

Liara and James are unkillable, but otherwise you can probably kill the rest of the squad in ME3 and the whole squad in ME2 by action or inaction, more or less.

hateradio

The ending file name does say 'ReapersDestroyedShepardAlive' :O
That's actually in the code.

Code:
enum EEndGameOption
 {
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthDestroyed,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthDevastated,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthOk,
 EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthOkShepardAlive,
 EGO_BecomeAReaperAndEarthDestroyedAndReapersLeave,
 EGO_BecomeAReaperAndEarthOkAndReapersLeave,
 EGO_HarmonyOfManAndMachine,
 EGO_Demo,
 EGO_None,
 EGO_MAX,
 }

I don't get the control ending. If you become a Reaper, which reaper do you become? Do you just inhabit a random nation?

heard of store branches =P
But how would they keep with central office in the Citadel if it's unavailable?

Anybody else thought the ending was kinda Tower of Babel-ish? Everyone comes together to become the strongest they've been, but then are forcefully split apart (Mass Relays exploding). Would go well with the Space Jesus jokes.

God stopped babel so he wouldn't have to meet humans, and so they didn't get to heaven.
So even then the starkid should never have should up.

Dacon

Banned
Well, that's actually a possibility in the Destroy ending.

SPECULATION.

No it isn't.

Shepard was in the Citadel when it exploded, and even if that didn't kill shepard, reentry would, among a number of other things.

Shepard at the end of the destroy ending isn't going to be alive very long at all.

That was probably his/her death gasp.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
No it isn't.

Shepard was in the Citadel when it exploded, and even if that didn't kill shepard, reentry would, among a number of other things.

Shepard at the end of the destroy ending isn't going to be alive very long at all.

lol how would you even have a death gasp? Do these people know what gravity or a vacuum are?

No it isn't.

But...

EGO_ReapersDestroyedEarthOkShepardAlive

Just cuz it's a weird plot hole doesn't mean it's not what they intended anyway. I mean, you can always invent some new space magic to make it so that he magically lives despite being on the Citadel before it blows up.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
But...

Just cuz it's a weird plot hole doesn't mean it's not what they intended anyway. I mean, you can always invent some new space magic to make it so that he magically lives despite being on the Citadel before it blows up.

She fell onto some Lazerus tech.

It just means Shepard shattered the dream and is now waking up in the real world.

That is honestly the only really compelling reason I would ever believe the indoctrination theory. I mean... without additional space magic (falling onto Lazarus tech... LOL) or dreaming it appears impossible (s)he'd wake up.

However given other giant plot holes in the ending (with respect to the series, anyway), I'm more inclined to believe that this is just another one.

hateradio

But...

I think the name/variable on the code pretty much confirms that what's happening in the end, is real. The Reapers are destroyed, Earth is okay, and somehow Shepard is alive.

IMO, it's possible for Shep to have run back to the elevator, back to the Citadel, and found refuge there.

Although that post about mass shift on reddit could be fake, it makes an interesting point that the Citadel, or at least part of it, fell on Earth. That could mean that Shepard survives the impact.

So that post was actually by him for realz?

Sorry, I'm behind the times. That all happened while I was still blissfully going through ME3, my brain in virginal bliss, having not yet known The Ending. So I wasn't paying attention.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Feel dumb for asking, but can someone explain the Marauder shields meme to me? I must have been a little too buzzed when I saw that part because I don't remember anything, lol.

DTKT

Feel dumb for asking, but can someone explain the Marauder shields meme to me? I must have been a little too buzzed when I saw that part because I don't remember anything, lol.

Right at the end, a surprise Marauder comes out and tries to kill you right before you get into the white beam.

He is Marauder Shield and tried to protect us from the bad ending.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The last guy you shoot in the game is a Marauder. In the game, because he has shields, you see him as "Maurader ---- Shields".

He's the last enemy in the game that you face and he tries to save you from the ending

c75.jpg

Top Bottom