• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Moaradin

Feel dumb for asking, but can someone explain the Marauder shields meme to me? I must have been a little too buzzed when I saw that part because I don't remember anything, lol.

He's the last enemy you shoot. Just a regular marauder but a lot weaker since you kill him in 3 pistol shots. He will one shot you though if you don't kill him fast enough.

e5f.png

Has anyone made a gif of Shepard and Anderson running at the beginning? The both look stupid but Anderson runs like he has a turtle head poking out.

Replicant

Poor guy, sent to slaughter.

bb7efbcd.jpg
Wow. Just when I thought Bioware couldn't get any lower...

Bowdz said:
I really hope the fans don't tear into Weekes. If memory serves, he wrote the Tali and Mordin (?) arcs in both ME2 and ME3. I doubt he had anything to do with the Starchild.

According to a post at PA, the only one who had anything to do with the ending are Mac Walters and Casey Hudson. All other writers were locked out of giving their input/objections.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
i just realized, did Aria die when the reapers took the citadel? gasp, also bailey -_-

Also, I dont understand that part, since the reapers can take control/move of the citadel any time they please.....the citadel filled with people and the council and maybe the center of agalactic commerce?.....couldnt they just relocate the citadel in the very begining to cause mass confusion? I mean one reaper had a hard time invading the citadel in ME1, its just kinda weird they already had a remote control attached to it. With the impending reaper threat, i have a hard time believing the citadel was taken instantly without resistance after your invasion of the cerberus base.

sTeLioSco

Banned
btw about the indoctrination thery....

when you are on thesia and you talk with the prothean vi,when keilang comes the prothean says"indoctrinated sighted" or something like that,and stops his conversation.....

if shepard was indoctrinated,the prothean wouldn't scan him/her?

Dresden

btw about the indoctrination thery....

when you are on thesia and you talk with the prothean vi,when keilang comes the prothean says"indoctrinated sighted" or something like that,and stops his conversation.....

if shepard was indoctrinated,the prothean wouldn't scan him/her?

Prothean scanning obviously wasn't perfect--they had their difficulties with indoctrinated spies.

Omega

Banned
i just realized, did Aria die when the reapers took the citadel? gasp, also bailey -_-

Also, I dont understand that part, since the reapers can take control/move of the citadel any time they please.....the citadel filled with people and the council and maybe the center of agalactic commerce?.....couldnt they just relocate the citadel in the very begining to cause mass confusion? I mean one reaper had a hard time invading the citadel in ME1, its just kinda weird they already had a remote control attached to it. With the impending reaper threat, i have a hard time believing the citadel was taken instantly without resistance after your invasion of the cerberus base.

That's because we're not high-level enough.

Derrick01

Banned
Poor guy, sent to slaughter.

bb7efbcd.jpg

This is arguably the douchiest thing they've done yet. Send the whistleblower to the slaughter.

edit: either that or they think sending him will get the fans to remain calm or ask easy questions, knowing that he was the guy who exposed them.

Minion101

Banned
This is arguably the douchiest thing they've done yet. Send the whistleblower to the slaughter.

edit: either that or they think sending him will get the fans to remain calm or ask easy questions, knowing that he was the guy who exposed them.

Being Pax maybe. I'm sure there will be somthing awful members who will not mind asking the hardball questions.

But you do have a choice. You say it as if he has to die in the shroud. He doesn't. If you will just go ahead and kill Wrex on Virmire you can save Mordin! : |
They should've let us know the consequences of killing Wrex in Mass Effect, or just let us save everyone. In fact, I'd just like a list of all of the future consequences for my actions before I make a decision so I can have the story play out "perfectly".....

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
According to a post at PA, the only one who had anything to do with the ending are Mac Walters and Casey Hudson. All other writers were locked out of giving their input/objections.

He just has to go, "Before we start, I was responsible for Mordin & Tali . . ."

Nah, all he has to say is "I can't talk about the endings because I didn't work on them". He said on his official twitter that Mac and Casey were the only ones to work on the ending.

Now while that's instant fan rage inducing, it's true. And then he'll just say he can't comment on the endings because of said not working on them.

And yeah, it does look pretty silly that Weekes is the only writer (that we know of) going.

Replicant

I can actually fanwank this plot, giving it reason and explanation. But I don't feel like cleaning up Bioware's mess anymore. And to think that all they had to do was insert a few more lines that explain why this was the case.

GSR

what did he say on the pa forums?

Someone with his account wrote up a post about how while everything else in the game was vetted by the team, the endings were written by Mac Walters and Casey Hudson alone, with nobody else on the staff being allowed input. It's since been denied that it was actually him, so the water's murky.

I don't know how much it matters who goes. I don't think they'll have many answers for people. They'll repeat what they've already said about the situation. It's just a matter of enduring the barrage of questions.

notworksafe

I don't know how much it matters who goes. I don't think they'll have many answers for people. They'll repeat what they've already said about the situation. It's just a matter of enduring the barrage of questions.

That makes his punishment even worse!

"You called us out on shutting everyone out of the ending? Your punishment is to take shit from the fans for two hours!"

DTKT

Check out this review. It is PRO ending. Just... read it.

http://criticaltable.com/2012/03/critical-review-mass-effect-3/2/

The beautiful thing is that I don’t have to. Bioware gave us a beautiful game with a rather deep, philosophical conclusion. Maybe their folly was assuming that people wanted a video game to evoke introspection and soul-searching. Then again, isn’t that what we would expect from any other piece of art?

I still can't wrap my head around that. How is the ending "philosophical" and "soul-searching"?

Check out this review. It is PRO ending. Just... read it.

http://criticaltable.com/2012/03/critical-review-mass-effect-3/2/

Doesn't address giant plot holes; doesn't realize that closure does not equal talking to each character before heading into the final battle -- questions such as "what the fuck happens to everyone stuck in the Sol system or cluster" also need closure; doesn't acknowledge the sudden change in tone and style; doesn't address his own mention of the incredible level of Deus Ex (no pun intended) Machine present after the Heavenly Platform goes up; still vaguely conflates those that dislike the ending with those that sued BioWare/etc.; and can't avoid insulting people whose educations may well rival or exceed his own.

Troll

Banned
Doesn't address giant plot holes; doesn't realize that closure does not equal talking to each character before heading into the final battle -- questions such as "what the fuck happens to everyone stuck in the Sol system or cluster" also need closure; doesn't acknowledge the sudden change in tone and style; doesn't address his own mention of the incredible level of Deus Ex (no pun intended) Machine present after the Heavenly Platform goes up; still vaguely conflates those that dislike the ending with those that sued BioWare/etc.; and can't avoid insulting people whose educations may well rival or exceed his own.

I still can't wrap my head around that. How is the ending "philosophical" and "soul-searching"?

Sounds like you two need to read more books.

Fucking Cerberus was able to invade the gigantic Citadel. I'm assuming the Reapers could.

It was planned.....

Only Bioware is capable of premeditated sucking.

Top Bottom