• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

DLC that has nothing to do with the ending.

I'm calling it.

Also, it's a PR account, he bends the truth and twist words.

I'm not purchasing any DLC if that's the case. unless the ending is retconned or altered in someway, I don't want anything to do with Mass Effect that doesn't involve multiplayer.

Poor guy, sent to slaughter.

bb7efbcd.jpg

... wow. What the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk, BioWare?

They are forcing him to quit.

DTKT

The conversation with the Asari, with the beacon, all the extra stuff with Liara, etc.

Seems to be cut from the main game to me.

He was.

At some point, he was part of the main storyline. But, due to time constraints:)lol) they had to cut him out of the game and rework the plot. Which sucks since he is one of the best character of all 3 games.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm with Minion101, theres a good chance Patrick Weekes wanted to go. Hes been a part of the PA community for years. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Gestahl

He was.

At some point, he was part of the main storyline. But, due to time constraints:)lol) they had to cut him out of the game and rework the plot. Which sucks since he is one of the best character of all 3 games.

Needed those resources for Chobot, the sexbot, and James "Another Human Character" Vega

Gestahl

I just remember in prerelease James was supposed to be a "perspective character" for new players to get caught up with the universe, and I don't remember him asking a single question or being a fish out of water anywhere

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just remember in prerelease James was supposed to be a "perspective character" for new players to get caught up with the universe, and I don't remember him asking a single question or being a fish out of water anywhere

Bioware said a lot of things prerelease :/

MEGATON (if true).

But that PR account's been so full of bullshit I can't take anything at face value. Too much speculation.

If true I will appreciate the fact that Bioware didn't completely fuck the game (assuming they don't in this new content as well). I will also write them off as a shit company. I never beat the PoP without an ending because of that bullshit.

I remember him talking about how crazy the citadel was and how much worse earth was than palaven.

Then I stopped using him. Complete waste of a character slot.

Omega

Banned
The conversation with the Asari, with the beacon, all the extra stuff with Liara, etc.

Seems to be cut from the main game to me.

Yeah that's obvious.

ME2 extra characters didn't get many lines. They chimed in here and there, but you interacted with him just as much as other characters, and when you bring him on missions he's just as fully developed.

He just doesn't seem like a DLC character considering how BioWare has handled them before. They arguably took step backs in every other part of the game, why put in extra effort on a DLC character?

Vire

Bioware said a lot of things prerelease :/

Didn't anyone learn from the whole "Trees grow with you" Molyneux nonsense not to trust any talking head at a company?

Yeah that's obvious.

ME2 extra characters didn't get many lines. They chimed in here and there, but you interacted with him just as much as other characters, and when you bring him on missions he's just as fully developed.

He just doesn't seem like a DLC character considering how BioWare has handled them before. They arguably took step backs in every other part of the game, why put in extra effort on a DLC character?
No.. just no.

Yeah that's obvious.

It might, in a theoretical world, be entirely possible that he was cut for time legitimately. But when he was ready before release date, he should have been free. Anything else is bullshit.

How I know Bioware is full of shit?
They advertised him as the bonus character way back when they announced the Collector's Edition. They knew he was going to be DLC way back before the script leak, wel before the main game was finished, and well before they would have had to cut his content for development time.

The folks over at BioWare had this to say about ME3's sales trajectories.

Is there some actual news that this goes with? Or just a joke?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Mass Effect Twitter is saying more of this stuff.

Mass Effect ‏ @masseffect Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@kamikaze8 There has always been a plan for DLC and for future games in the ME universe.

@minigendo It is unfortunate that fans felt there was no ending, but ME3 was never going to be the last of the ME universe.

@steve3194 We have DLC planned, but we haven't released specific details about it yet.

Weird shit.

I don't think he is. I think he's saying no way that guy was added after/during main development; instead he was cut out into paid day-one DLC.

Which... it's possible. Depends on how cynical one is.

I'm as cynical as it gets.

Javik was definitely pulled out as an additional revenue stream.

- J - D -

Vague PR wankery. Even if they had grand plans for more DLC, it'll probably all take place before ME3 or concurrently with the story pre-endgame.

The future is not bright, folks. It's all over.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Imagine if he used the panel as his opportunity to quit and blazed his bridges by talking about the shit ending to ME3, though.
I don't see why you guys are speculating so much about this. Even if he leaked some information, it doesn't matter. I'm sure most of the attendees would know who he is and what's believed he said at the forums. People would be sympathetic to him. Honestly, what do you guys think will happen? People will kill him because of the ME3 ending?

Mass Effect Twitter is saying more of this stuff.

Weird shit.
Muzyka (is that how you spell it?) did say there were more ME games in the future. I don't see anything weird.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't see why you guys are speculating so much about this. Even if he leaked some information, it doesn't matter. I'm sure most of the attendees would know who he is and what's believed he said at the forums. People would be sympathetic to him. Honestly, what do you guys think will happen? People will kill him because of the ME3 ending?

If Walters was there, that might have been a distinct possibility.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Have we heard anything on a proper Mass Effect 3 Score release yet?

MEGATON (if true).

But that PR account's been so full of bullshit I can't take anything at face value. Too much speculation.

It will be crazy if anything similar to those supposed leaks is true, not necessarily the same content but that they have planned to continue off the end of the game with some DLC and instead of changing the ending have other plans.

But I'm still expecting some lame Omega dlc for 100 crazy war assets, WHO DOESN'T LOVE WAR ASSETS?

Vire

This fact is almost as bad as the ending.

There is no point. Prequels and side-stories, how uninteresting.

Why would they do that?

It would just be Mass Effect reborn in the future. Similar to how the Final Fantasy universe "resets" each iteration but maintains key components that make it a FF game.

This fact is almost as bad as the ending.

There is no point. Prequels and side-stories, how uninteresting.

Well, prequels and side stories within this universe are probably not a good idea. Bioware lacks the talent to do anything other than a world in jeopardy type story, and world in jeopardy but nobody knows it would be kind of stupid.

First Contact War would be bad because Bioware can't do a good war focused story. Plus we know what happens.

Not much other stuff in the timeline of events to tell stories about.

Talented writers, however, could probably tell an interesting side story of limited scope in a one off prequel. I just don't think Bioware could do it.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling they are going to embrace the indoctrination ending. The end of the 90+ hour trilogy will be an unconcious protagonist and no closure and it will make fans happy because it undoes the damage of the actual ending.

Massa

Why would they do that?

It would just be Mass Effect reborn in the future. Similar to how the Final Fantasy universe "resets" each iteration but maintains key components that make it a FF game.

I'd rather see more stories in the universe that we know. The big reaper is boring anyway and I'm glad it's done with, just give me more characters and interesting planets to explore.

Top Bottom