• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Ephemeris

In my ending, Harbinger takes out J. Shepard after he chooses the Destroy ending. It destroys the reapers only; Geth and Quarians were working together in my playthrough so fuck that. The Mass effect relays does not go boom.

Who am I kidding.

He chooses to control the Reapers, melts them all together to create a Reaper-Reaper, makes the indoctrination algorithm a series of self-motivational speeches and makes it the new Normandy.

1324222_o.gif

Ephemeris

I remember reading the ME3 version of that planet (i scan/read them all). Pasting it here (for those who don't follow your link)

Klencory is famously claimed by the eccentric volus billionaire Kumun Shol. His once-ridiculed visions of "beings of light" protecting organic life from synthetic "machine devils" don't seem quite so far-fetched now. His private army of mercenaries are well-established on the planet, waiting for husks to come knocking in on their door. In all likelihood, they will be obliterated by the molten metal of a Reaper orbital bombardment, on its way to somewhere important.

Still is to me !

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Offtopic(somewhat), but i loved how they displayed the planets in Mass Effect 1 when you get a closeup like that, clearly seeing the surface and clouds. Much more cool than seeing them from far away like they did in ME2 and ME3. It's nothing major, but i loved that. I was hoping they would get back to this in ME3 and was disappointed that they did not, probably because of that stupid scanner.

So let me get this straight...

...after Bioware completely screwed you, made you pay $9.99 for ON THE DISC DLC, forced you to spend hours in the multiplayer component to get the best ending in the single player game, offered no (sincere) formal apology, AND clearly paid of dozens of journalists to trick you into thinking everything was great with this game...you guys are willing to PAY for a new ending?

Fuck that.

Fuck them.

I'll consider watching it on youtube and never buy another Bioware game again.

If it was free, I MIGHT re-install.

If it's just some extra video sequence, they can go screw themselves - some kind soul will splurge and upload it to YouTube for the rest of us to watch. If it's an actual gameplay sequence that offers new dialogue options that change the ending - maybe I'd pay for that. That's a big maybe.

Why starchild help shepard if he controls the Reapers ?

Was he bored ? I just felt he was like " oh hi wake up, time to do something : control, destroy or merge "

wait... why would he destroy reaper... if he's here to protect synthetic to go wild ?

Why would he let a human merge with synthetics ? " it's final step of evolution " yeah but still, it's open door to rogue synthetics

and control ?

God, the more I rethink about this ending, the less sens it makes

CushVA

Does seem different, the Volus said they were to protect organics from devil machines , while the Catalyst said he created the Reapers

BSN Discussion about it from two 2 years ago: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/970146/1

Do you think this ancients "beigns" will play a role in ME3? I sure hopse so, that would be awesome, ofcourse some people who have seen this too much (maybe star trek fans? i heard one guy saying such a thing) wont like this idea maybe, i know it would be pretty awesome since then it means that the reapers are the devil like ones while the other ancient ones are sealed and are he ones who can really help shepard against the reapers without costing too much death in the coming war .
-----
That...Would...SUCK Would turn all of Shepard's (and everyone elses) struggle into a sideline.
----
Exactly. There are two endings I wouldn't like for ME 3. One being a random GOD LIKE force that saves the Galaxy or another being that to defeat the Reapers, everyone has to become a primitivst and destroy the Relays, Citadel, etc. Both would make me pretty unhappy as those endings have been done to death.

Why starchild help shepard if he controls the Reapers ?

Was he bored ? I just felt he was like " oh hi wake up, time to do something : control, destroy or merge "

wait... why would he destroy reaper... if he's here to protect synthetic to go wild ?

Why would he let a human merge with synthetics ? " it's final step of evolution " yeah but still, it's open door to rogue synthetics

and control ?

God, the more I rethink about this ending, the less sens it makes

Welcome to the group support thread. We ran out of hugs a long time ago. Also, please not that this is the OT2 for a reason.

And you need to learn up on your means, SPECULATION and Marauder Shields in particular. Enjoy your stay!

That's... that's almost prophetic

I kept expecting we'd go to Klencory during ME3. It would've been awesome.

And suddenly Vent God's living at the Citadel. Space Jesus Fucking Shepard, BioWare.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
That's why they shouldn't try to append or "clarify" anything. They should just do it over, period. No indoctrination. No holokid. Redo everything from the moment Shepard and the troops start running up on Harbinger.

to be honest, there really needs to be more erased, like the fucking citadel moving. That raises to many questions that they wont be able to answer and sort of poops on the first game as much as anything.

Also why does everyone want every little thing to be answered or revealed. I think Bioware has actually answered too much of the little planet mysteries. You create hooks like that for future stories. I like when small things like that are left alone until an opportunity comes along to make good use of them.

Welcome to the group support thread. We ran out of hugs a long time ago. Also, please not that this is the OT2 for a reason.

And you need to learn up on your means, SPECULATION and Marauder Shields in particular. Enjoy your stay!

I've been in the first OT. I'm just around the thread. God I love that formated answer.

But seeing you guys speculate make me think about the ending again and I realize there's no sens of any form of slight sanity anywhere I look

Does seem different, the Volus said they were to protect organics from devil machines , while the Catalyst said he created the Reapers

BSN Discussion about it from two 2 years ago: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/970146/1

Poor guy got exactly what we wanted.

oh, what he DIDN'T want. Oh "my bad".

God, that DLC announcement is going to break so many hearts. You think the bashlash is bad now? Wait until people figure out that this is the way ME actually ends. Like EatChildren, they will be transformed into loathers.

nel e nel

Wait.. these things were created at the "dawn of time" to protect organics from synthetics? They already had synthetics zooming around the place then?

Ha! Just read that planet description this morning as was like 'Starchild? Reapers?'

There are all kinds of hints about the Reapers in ME1:

Leviathan of Dis

Great Rift Valley on Kendagon

Also, I was re-reading some entries on dark matter after that supposed ending was mentioned and found this about the Alpha Relay (re: destruction of relay in Arrival)

However, it is unusual in its potential range and versatility. Alpha usually sends and receives mass at the range of a normal secondary relay, but if certain controls are adjusted, it becomes powered by an unprecedented amount of dark energy that could send cargo to sixteen other relays and even across a great distance to the Citadel.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Alpha_Relay

IIRC, Alpha Relay had been adjusted and powered up with the extra dark energy boost in Arrival. Possible explanation as to why the ending of ME3 doesn't wipe out all life in the universe.

Also, America! Fuck Yeah!

wbYWS.jpg

ShaneB

Well damn, seeing that bit about Klencory is pretty damn cool. Mass Effect series, you so awesome, why you gotta end so shitty :(

syoaran

DA1 did fantastic over time due to positive word of mouth, makes sense for the opposite to apply here.

Initially I thought that this might only apply to the hardcore, but I was amazed at how many people knew about the reaction to the ending when they had almost no interest in video games.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Still sounds as silly as the ending we got. "The Reapers' goal was to find a way to stop the spread of Dark Energy..." but doesn't it make up most of the universe as we know it? It's like stopping the universe to save the universe. I don't understand.

Eh its playing fast and loose with dark energy. Lots of sci fi does it. Its essentially trying to stop entropy in the universe. But the idea of it unravelling everything in a few centuries is silly. Stars would be far more fucked up. Luckily, heat death is a long way off in real life. But we probably cant do anything about it.

At least not without Multivac. We should really get on that.
Props to anyone that gets this

Guys, I have never played Mass Effect series before, but I want to start.

So, my question is this: Could I skip the first game and dive in right with the second one without missing a beat?

Patryn

Wow. I love how everyone is acting like Klencory is such a revelation.

I seem to recall us talking about it quite a bit in the leadup to the game.

That's just off a simple Google search for Klencory on GAF, btw.

Patryn

So, my question is this: Could I skip the first game and dive in right with the second one without missing a beat?

Sure, skip the best game in the series.*

*This is a minority opinion. Probably.

Nope. Play the first one. It sets up the world and introduces you to some characters you may play with throughout the entire series.

Omega

Banned
Wow. I love how everyone is acting like Klencory is such a revelation.

I seem to recall us talking about it quite a bit in the leadup to the game.

That's just off a simple Google search for Klencory on GAF, btw.

Most people never paid attention to the planet descriptions.

I knew it existed but never put much thought into it. Figured it was just the space version of Moses talking to a burning bush that was God or whatever.

hao chi

You can really get through ME1 in around 12 hours, just skip most of the Mako bullshit. After beating ME3 I went back and played ME1 and 2 and finished both in around a week.

Eh... I wouldn't suggest skipping the side missions on the first playthrough because some of them add some good bits of story, but at the same time I have trouble saying he should do all of them because of how repetitive and mostly boring they are.

At the very least he should do the Luna mission though.

nel e nel

Eh... I wouldn't suggest skipping the side missions on the first playthrough because some of them add some good bits of story, but at the same time I have trouble saying he should do all of them because of how repetitive and mostly boring they are.

CERBERUS. /discussion

hao chi

I'd recommend some of the Cerberus side missions as well to give some context to the organization.

Maybe we should come up with a list of recommended side missions lol.

Luna
Anything involving Cerberus (especially Corporal Toombs)
That one where you find the Prothean Orb but I have no idea which planet it was on
Nasanna Dantius
That mission Garrus gives you if you chat him up enough

I'd also suggest Helena Blake's mission, even if you have to go to like three or four different planets to finish it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I recommend not playing the cerebus missions cause you'll be confused when a completely different organization pops up with the same name in 2.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Maybe we should come up with a list of recommended side missions lol.

Luna
Anything involving Cerberus (especially Corporal Toombs)
That one where you find the Prothean Orb but I have no idea which planet it was on
Nasanna Dantius
That mission Garrus gives you if you chat him up enough

I'd also suggest Helena Blake's mission, even if you have to go to like three or four different planets to finish it.

Gotta do Wrex's mission. Also the Rachni defense.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

He could do all the missions, just dont waste any time looking for minerals and artifacts on barren planets, waste of time for little credits and XP. Not to mention some of them are in the worst spots possible.

hao chi

Gotta do Wrex's mission. Also the Rachni defense.

In ME1? I just replayed ME1 and don't remember any specific mission for Wrex other than finding some Krogan armor while planet scanning.

Edit: I may have just found that on my own before he gave me the mission though. Hackett gave me most of my briefings cause I did most of the side missions before I had been given the quest by someone else.

Derrick01

Banned
In ME1? I just replayed ME1 and don't remember any specific mission for Wrex other than finding some Krogan armor while planet scanning.

Edit: I may have just found that on my own before he gave me the mission though. Hackett gave me most of my briefings cause I did most of the side missions before I had been given the quest by someone else.

Yeah he gives you the quest if you talk to him enough and don't find it first.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why are things like this being relegated to the main menu rss feed in ME2?

The story about the species that wanted to "play dead" and make themselves appear like a non space faring civilization to avoid the reapers would have been an awesome story to tell in ME3.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual_Alien

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Raloi

Because they would have to make character models

You answered the question yourself. But dont worry, they got blown up by the relays so it really doesnt matter.

Top Bottom