• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Jarmel

Banned
someone in gamefaqs posted that War Asset total is 7515 and the highest EMS without multiplayer is 3757.5.

which means multiplayer is required for the "best" ending........

but anyway

Seriously Bioware is full of shit. This should surprise nobody now.

Also for those of you that read that thred when ME 3's story leaked I remember bioware saying they were changing the story because of the leak. Does anyome remember if those spoilers were a different story?

Slightly. There was no Shepard living in any of the endings in the script leak. As for the whole Earth segment, it was a mess and not really detailed out. The original script leak had a fair amount missing such as Miranda's stuff.

Rapstah

I am starting to think we should be legally allowed to choose someone to nip down to Edmonton and slap whatever git is running their twitter feed :-

0iJK2.jpg

It is no longer "cute" or "mysterious" it is now just getting damn annoying.

Hang in there, we're with you :DD ;p

Seriously Bioware is full of shit. This should surprise nobody now.

Slightly. There was no Shepard living in any of the endings in the script leak. As for the whole Earth segment, it was a mess and not really detailed out. The original script leak had a fair amount missing such as Miranda's stuff.

Nothing changed with that.

Lime

They're just going to put in the content that they should have the first time. We already know that they recorded Joker's lines about coming in to pick everyone up.

I know, I just sincerely hope they scrap the entire ending. It's unsalvageable and no amount of exposition will save it. That's why I have to constantly lower my expectations by explicitly telling myself that Bioware only will clarify the shitty ending.

Patryn

I am starting to think we should be legally allowed to choose someone to nip down to Edmonton and slap whatever git is running their twitter feed :-

0iJK2.jpg

In their defense I think their given mission is to keep people interested because I have a feeling Bioware is starting to notice that a lot of people are expressing the view that the ending has killed any motivation to play more Mass Effect. So they have to do whatever they can to try to keep people on the hook.

It's also possible that they're seeing figures based on the metrics that are returned to Bioware backing this up.

I could also be completely wrong.

All I know is that I've now gone so far into apathy that I'm not even sure I'd buy new ending DLC despite what I said early on, because I really don't care anymore. I certainly have little to no interest in Take Back Omega.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
and a winky face kills 10 of them.

With the genophage cured anyway, they breed like insects. Not an issue!

I'm really curious in what they will do with the ending. And also if they will dare to ask us to pay 10$ for it. If they do, i can't wait to see the next explosion on the internet.

I know, I just sincerely hope they scrap the entire ending. It's unsalvageable and no amount of exposition will save it. That's why I have to constantly lower my expectations by explicitly telling myself that Bioware only will clarify the shitty ending.

Can lowering your expectations really help? I already knew about the endings somewhat before I played and the horribleness still surprised me.

Rapstah

I didn't get to romance either of these two :( is this just wishful thinking or is there a way to actually do that?

Chobot with some effort, Traynor if you don't actively turn her down. Speak to Traynor like four times and you're there.

Can lowering your expectations really help? I already knew about the endings somewhat before I played and the horribleness still surprised me.

Well, now you're really prepared for how low they can go...

I'm trying to expect the worst but I can't help myself from imagining ways they could fix it that are fun and interesting and then I have to remind myself that hoping for anything more than a minimum-effort kludge is a fool's errand.

MechaX

Okay, I haven't been in this topic for awhile. My life has been shitty enough already recently, so I don't need the constant looming of ME3's ending to make it worse.

But has anything really new come up yet? (like more cryptic twitter posts, Walters saying something more, etc). I stopped following things around the time BioWare announced their "game content initiative."

Well, now you're really prepared for how low they can go...

I'm trying to expect the worst but I can't help myself from imagining ways they could fix it that are fun and interesting and then I have to remind myself that hoping for anything more than a minimum-effort kludge is a fool's errand.
I hope they change the ending so that Shepard has a giant robot the size of the galaxy and she fights the Catalyst using other galaxies as throwing stars while shouting that he drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.

Okay, I haven't been in this topic for awhile. My life has been shitty enough already recently, so I don't need the constant looming of ME3's ending to make it worse.

But has anything really new come up yet? (like more cryptic twitter posts, Walters saying something more, etc). I stopped following things around the time BioWare announced their "game content initiative."

I think it's pretty clear that they will add content that was cut to "clarify" the ending

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hey she was an awesome bro. Plus figuring out she was gay took like 5 seconds.

I thought it was weird how she said EDI's voice was attractive at first...but then it kept getting more and more obvious.

...Still not as obvious as Cortez who kept talking about his dead husband again and again though.

I hope they change the ending so that Shepard has a giant robot the size of the galaxy and she fights the Catalyst using other galaxies as throwing stars while shouting that he drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens.

Pfft, clearly what's going to happen is that at the moment the explosions start happening everything freezes and the G-Man comes for Shepard, and it looks as if she's going to be stored outside time until the end of the next cycle, but then a bunch of singing Voluses come and rescue her and deposit her in the rubble of the Citadel for some reason and the G-man looks pissed off.

Pfft, clearly what's going to happen is that at the moment the explosions start happening everything freezes and the G-Man comes for Shepard, and it looks as if she's going to be stored outside time until the end of the next cycle, but then a bunch of singing Voluses come and rescue her and deposit her in the rubble of the Citadel for some reason and the G-man looks pissed off.

Or maybe there would be a whole bunch of people congratulating her against the backdrop of a blue sky with a few clouds and Shep finally comes to terms with her life. You Can (Not) Reap.

flyover

I thought it was weird how she said EDI's voice was attractive at first...but then it kept getting more and more obvious.

...Still not as obvious as Cortez who kept talking about his dead husband again and again though.

Wait. Cortez had a husband? I never heard him say anything about that.
.. is what I would say if I had never played Mass Effect and knew some guy named Cortez who didn't have a husband.

It sounds like Bioware is going to dig in on "clarifying" the ending, rather than fixing it.

Or maybe there would be a whole bunch of people congratulating her against the backdrop of a blue sky with a few clouds and Shep finally comes to terms with her life. You Can (Not) Reap.

In the control ending Shep starts rolling up reapers into a bigger and bigger ball, then moons and planets and finally stars, until a giant representation of Anderson the size of a galaxy looms over the horizon, asks her if she's ever thought about starting a family, and says, "You did good, child."

I actually watched the endings beforehand, and it still surprised me just how horrible it was to play through them. It's a very impressive feat.

In future playthroughs (if any) I'll just let one M. Shields kill me and turn the console off. Still a better ending.

Rapstah

The Traynor cabin scene was so fucking weird. I invite her in for a game of chess, and she enters the cabin and instantly asks to use my shower. Fuck you, I said chess.

90sRobots

Cortez might be the worst-written gay character in recent memory. What a terrible character arc. And a gay guy that can't focus on his job because he's too emotional (especially over a long-dead spouse during THE END OF ALL THINGS)? Just a little insulting!

Zomba13

Cortez might be the worst-written gay character in recent memory. What a terrible character arc. And a gay guy that can't focus on his job because he's too emotional (especially over a long-dead spouse during THE END OF ALL THINGS)? Just a little insulting!

Was his husband really long dead? I can't remember. Was it to do with ME2? The Collector attack or something? Because that was 6 months ago (game time) so yeah, it was a while but I sill think he may still be upset.

Was his husband really long dead? I can't remember. Was it to do with ME2? The Collector attack or something? Because that was 6 months ago (game time) so yeah, it was a while but I sill think he may still be upset.

Yeah, he has been dead probably like 8mos. He died in Ferris Fields (I think) which one of the crew members mentions as being attacked mid game ME2.

Danj

I'm disappointed that the latest few Marauder Shields comics don't seem to actually have any Marauder Shields in them :(

In the control ending Shep starts rolling up reapers into a bigger and bigger ball, then moons and planets and finally stars, until a giant representation of Anderson the size of a galaxy looms over the horizon, asks her if she's ever thought about starting a family, and says, "You did good, child."

In the destroy ending, Shepard takes on the power of a space pirate and fights a manic pixie dream girl who also wants the power of the space pirate. And a robot pops out of Shepard's forehead.

I actually watched the endings beforehand, and it still surprised me just how horrible it was to play through them. It's a very impressive feat.

It is certainly an achievement.

90sRobots

Yeah, he has been dead probably like 8mos. He died in Ferris Fields (I think) which one of the crew members mentions as being attacked mid game ME2.

I could have sworn it was two years; it's semantics for me at this point. The way they approached the character is where I take offense

So while Garrus and others occasionally talk about loved ones that died, they also talk about many other things. What irks me is that its the ONLY trait his character has, undoubtedly making him Token Gay Character.

Gud jorb, Bioware!

Are you sure about this.

"Confirmed" in the sense that Bioware wanted to implemented an Indoctrination ending (of which parts may still remain), but apparently scrapped it partly or wholly because of a lack of time/dodgy gameplay mechanic.

Also, ITT: we learn that real gay people only mourn their dead spouse for six months or less. Because REALISM IN FICTION. (by the way, it couldn't have been any more than a year since his husband died; Ferris Fields was attacked in late 2185, and ME3 takes place in 2186.)

I liked Cortez as a character. He was sensitive, without being stereotypically flamboyant, and his back-and-forth with Vega was entertaining, especially in the "Mako vs. Hammerhead" debate (ironically, you can't use either in the game). I'm okay with the fact that he has, you know, lingering feelings, like (most) everyone else in this thread. It's pretty unreasonable to have expected an incredible breadth of dialogue from him, considering he's just a side-character - but given that limitation, he does talk about other things aside from his husband. The fact that it still hurts him, and Shepard can help him deal with it, is just a narrative goal - no worse than Garrus dwelling on Sidonis' betrayal in ME2 (and hell, Garrus barely has anything more important to say!)

gokieks

I had no problem with Cortez's depiction as a gay character. But the way (male) Shepard makes the choice to have a relationship with him is just awful. "I'm eye candy too" is honestly one of the most cringe-worthy dialogue options I've ever seen.

Zomba13

I could have sworn it was two years; it's semantics for me at this point. The way they approached the character is where I take offense

So while Garrus and others occasionally talk about loved ones that died, they also talk about many other things. What irks me is that its the ONLY trait his character has, undoubtedly making him Token Gay Character.

Gud jorb, Bioware!

I liked Cortez. I thought he was a good gay character, definitely not offensive. He wasn't just 'the gay guy' he was also a great pilot passionate and passionate about military vehicles and was good buddies with Vega and always joking with him. I've never lost a significant other so never had to grieve and get over them so I don't know if 6-8 months is fast or slow or whatever but he was human. He didn't just whine about his husband, he got on with his job. He just needed a bit of help getting over his loss.

Mohonky

God EA or Bioware are hopeless. Maybe its because it keeps telling me that 'you are signed in under a different profile....' which i am not, but i didnt get the achievement for finishing the game twice, and it has reset the counter and stats on things like my number of kills to get achievements like killing 5000 enemies.

Seriously wtf? At least it gave me my Insanity Achievement. I started my second play through with a player level of 40 something, so clearly, i might have finished it in the past and yet some how the game forgot that. Good one.

0iJK2.jpg

This only means two things to me:
-the game was rushed
-the ending sucked balls just for DLC

Both piss me off. Joker escaping with your crew can be easily explained. All Joker will need is a reason to grab the crew and get the fuck out before shit goes down. A reason to leave Shepard shouldn't be that hard to come up with either. The fucked up thing about it is the fact that it should have already been included.

So I may "hold the line" if the DLC is not free. I have little motivation to revisit the game. Youtube and spoiler threads will be my savior.

Top Bottom