• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Digoman

So, if part of EDI is on the ship, just it means the Normandy gets... organic bits... in the synthesis ending?

I really should stop thinking about these endings...

derFeef

Yeah, you just screwed over civilization cause the mass relay are fucking gone and its likely the council and most of the high officials of all the major races are dead.

Except the Rachni Queen. Aint nothing to a boss.

The relays are getting destroyed nonetheless... that's why it's so bad.
"Reset the universe with either no technology, technological overlords, or a techno-world full of happiness" :-/

Bowdz

So, if part of EDI is on the ship, just it means the Normandy gets... organic bits... in the synthesis ending?

I really should stop thinking about these endings...

Just know that you are putting more thought into it that Mac Walters did. A whole lot more.

Zeliard

Synthesis ending is the happiest ending for EDI and Joker. Now they get to make like Adam & Eve and fuck like bunny rabbits on that alien world, creating a whole new generation of hybrids. Javik will be there (and in fact was there in my ending), threatening to throw everyone off a cliff.

McNei1y

The EDI bot will suddenly have actual tits for Joker to suck on...

Ew...

jacknicholsonnod.gif

but yeah. I think the thing that made me angry the most is that in every ending, the Relay's get destroyed. It just takes away future possibilities of reaching other systems. That's what made the ME galaxy so awesome for me.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Synthesis ending is the happiest ending for EDI and Joker. Now they get to make like Adam & Eve and fuck like bunny rabbits on that alien world, creating a whole new generation of hybrids. Javik will be there (and in fact was there in my ending), threatening to throw everyone off a cliff.

I wanted full on Tron lines, not lame circuits. Should have just had their artists go wild but that would cost modelling resources.

Bowdz

Fuck it, they're on some weird planet, I'd try and smang EDI as well.

At least before you have to watch your friends die agonizing death's. Joker and EDI are probably having a great time while Tali and Garrus are starving to death, Shepard's LI is contemplating suicide, Vega commits suicide when the alcohol runs dry, and the mechanical dog runs out of batteries. At least Joker is having a good time.

McNei1y

This is something I don't get. People say that a happy ending would be cliche, but no one bats an eye at this. I'm not directing this to you, Zeilard, just making an observation.

I don't care about that part of the ending because I don't understand how they got there in the first place.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
At least before you have to watch your friends die agonizing death's. Joker and EDI are probably having a great time while Tali and Garrus are starving to death, Shepard's LI is contemplating suicide, Vega commits suicide when the alcohol runs dry, and the mechanical dog runs out of batteries. At least Joker is having a good time.

But it just so happens the crash on a garden world and every tree is a pineapple tree.

Damn now thats a happy ending. Fucking love pineapple.

Troll

Banned
Guys, dont worry, I just emailed Ron Howard and asked him to write us a new ending. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I didnt think you really got to see anyone other than EDI and Joker. I now someone steps off the ship but it was zoomed out.
I didn't see anyone's eyes, just the panned out scene.

Guys, dont worry, I just emailed Ron Howard and asked him to write us a new ending. I'll let you know when he gets back to me.
I bet he'd be more creative.

Replicant

tumblr_m0yb4ybdVg1rrkvreo1_500.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
has bioware fixed the ending yet

dankir

I'm still sticking with the Indoctrination theory. Shepard survives the Good destroy ending. If the Citadel kerplodes like everything else in its vicinity how the hell does his body land in London unscathed. He couldn't survive open space like in ME2 so he has to be on earth the entire sequence.

It's either that or Bioware went to ultimate lengths to make it feel like he was being indoctrinated in the last segment and couldn't give a shit.

Zeliard

I didnt think you really got to see anyone other than EDI and Joker. I now someone steps off the ship but it was zoomed out.

Javik and Tali both walked out of the Normandy in my game, along with Joker. Don't think EDI did actually.

I picked the Control ending.

This is something I don't get. People say that a happy ending would be cliche, but no one bats an eye at this. I'm not directing this to you, Zeilard, just making an observation.

What do you mean?

Omega

Banned
In the old thread, someone made like a mini-remix to Biggie's Juicy. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

It went something like:

It was all a dream
I used to read Fornex magazine

I can't remember the rest but it had me laughing so hard.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Javik and Tali both walked out of the Normandy in my game, along with Joker. Don't think EDI did actually.

I picked the Control ending.

What do you mean?

Oh we are talking about the Synth ending, which always has Joker and EDI.

Digoman

Does that mean in ME4 you can romance the Normandy?

Oh.. the possibilities! Eeeck..

Fuck it, they're on some weird planet, I'd try and smang EDI as well.

Hey Hey, they have a whole world to populate. People are going to have to get busy...it's all for a good cause.

I couldn't bat an eye since synthesis was the first ending I saw, and I was still in shock with everything. I suppose it was the "sweet" part of the "bittersweet", but the whole thing was just so silly. Green space magic is the worst.

Replicant

Destroy: Joker + random character (likely your teammate from London) + your LI. On top of that, Shepard is alive at the end (if your EMS > 5000)
Synthesis: Joker + EDI + ??
Control: Joker + ?? + ??

All credits go to Dresden. He's the one who created it, IIRC.

jackdoe

That's a nice touch.
I disagree. Bioware didn't think it through, especially since there's a good chance at least one of the people that pop out of the Normandy was in your squad on Earth. Which, surprise, surprise, led to a big WTF (one of many regarding the whole sequence) from a majority of the players, as in how did your squad magically appear on the Normandy.

Zeliard

Adam & Eve stuff has been run into the ground since the invention of the Gutenberg Press

Oh yeah, if we're talking ham-handed stuff there's plenty of that to go around in the game, and series as a whole. The Christianity allusions aren't even remotely subtle. :p

Replicant

My LI was Miranda and she got iced. So my control ending were my two squadmates: Joker + Ashley + Garrus.

Then that means if your LI dies, someone else (Ashley?) took over her/his place.

Wait, Miranda is technically not in the game. I mean, she's in the game but she's not one of your team members so yeah, I'd expect her to be substituted regardless if she's alive or not.

Tajin

Banned
Improved ending narrative:

Starchild: I was thinking that after I beat this monkey, I was going to the earth, but it cost me a trouble.
Shepard: We are the one who will cause the trouble!

Shepard

I disagree. Bioware didn't think it through, especially since there's a good chance at least one of the people that pop out of the Normandy was in your squad on Earth. Which, surprise, surprise, led to a big WTF (one of many regarding the whole sequence) from a majority of the players, as in how did your squad magically appear on the Normandy.

Yeah, I said earlier in the thread that this was the point I disagreed the most. Still strange to put this in when you didn't care to change most of the ending itself between the final choices.

Top Bottom