• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

DTKT

Man, the Catalyst is bullshit.

It should have been this: You finally make the Crucible, it fires and kills a shiton of reapers.

Then, massive Space Battle where you can see all your assets come into play. That's where most of your decisions come into play, who dies, who lives bla bla bla bla.

You win "easily" or you win but the earth is in ruins and all your friends are dead.

The end.

McNei1y

For the record: I was pumped when I was able to Renegade my kill against Kai Leng and Shepard says "That was for Miranda and Thane!". I was waiting for that. The bastard killed the two most important characters in my Shepard's life.

Patryn

Oh, and once again: The Final Hours shows that Casey Hudson and Bioware have no interest in exploring the ME universe after the events of ME3. They envision all future games taking place before or during it.

Replicant

From reddit "Shit, you can almost hear his soul being crushed in the video."

Man, so true.

His point about the stagger towards the beam was so right. It's fucking annoying not having full control of your characters. Ditto with the dream sequence. If you want to make a dream sequence, then don't expect me to control the character. Especially if the control only involves me running around chasing spacebrat like a pedobear.

inky

For the record: I was pumped when I was able to Renegade my kill against Kai Leng and Shepard says "That was for Miranda and Thane!". I was waiting for that. The bastard killed the two most important characters in my Shepard's life.

So you lost Legion, you let the Quarians get annihilated and you also let Miranda get killed? What game did you play? :p

Omega

Banned

My Miranda lived. How did she die in yours?

McNei1y

So you lost Legion, you let the Quarians get annihilated and you also let Miranda get killed? What game did you play? :p

One long game that killed me on the inside. My victims: Mordin, Miranda, Thane, Tali, Legion, the fake Rachni (almost Grunt), the entire Quarian race, and my innocence before the ending.

My Miranda lived. How did she die in yours?

When I was talking to her father on Sanctuary, I choose the special Paragon option at one point allowing the guy to have a chance. After he saw my way, he let go of Miranda's sister. Right when that happened, Miranda went all biotic crazy and threw him out of the window. She then fell down all exhausted like with wounds all over her body from the Cerberus ninja. She then tells me she loves me and we kiss and then she dies. Thanks for letting my boo go. I actually wouldn't mind my Shepard not living. All he has is Garrus... or I guess he doesn't since he's stranded on some jungle planet.

Replicant

Still my favorite ending out of all three game and all the variations. Ending with a shot of all the fucking Reapers and the orchestral music, I remember the first time I got that ending SOUND SYSTEM WAS BOOMING. So fucking epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RFVPZhXbo&feature=related

That ending makes ME3 ending looks and feels even shittier. I can't believe how grand it was in comparison to the limp ending we got in ME3.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh, and once again: The Final Hours shows that Casey Hudson and Bioware have no interest in exploring the ME universe after the events of ME3. They envision all future games taking place before or during it.

How unfortunte

Derrick01

Banned
Damn, I remember when I used to believe that the peekaboo terminator was the low point of the series.

I know right? I didn't think this series would get any lower after ME2 but holy shit they pulled it off. After making me think they had redeemed themselves too as I played through ME3.

Evil bastards.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Still my favorite ending out of all three game and all the variations. Ending with a shot of all the fucking Reapers and the orchestral music, I remember the first time I got that ending SOUND SYSTEM WAS BOOMING. So fucking epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RFV...eature=related
This is so cool now. I want a boss fight with a terminator! Now I want to play ME2.

What did BW do!? Honestly, I'm on the camp that wants a boss fight. I don't care about art, I just want to beat something up at the end.

Eusis

Except they don't differentiate between war assets going to the Crucible or to the war. The Krogans don't really help get the crucible built. So there'd be no difference if you made it a point to get all the military assets but ignored scientific.
Well, you're probably not going to get high enough for the best ones without some mixing of both, but yeah. This has nothing on ME2's more direct consequences.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
His point about the stagger towards the beam was so right. It's fucking annoying not having full control of your characters. Ditto with the dream sequence. If you want to make a dream sequence, then don't expect me to control the character. Especially if the control only involves me running around chasing spacebrat like a pedobear.

I wouldnt mind the dream sequence if it had real purpose and didnt involve a kid I saw for 5 seconds. Omg a kid died! Yeah no shit, so did like hundreds of millions during the war. You could have at least had Shepard protect him or something so there was some sort of bond.

Also, still waiting for female turians. They got off easy with salarians and krogans but eventually you'll have to make a model.

McNei1y

This is so cool now. I want a boss fight with a terminator! Now I want to play ME2.

What did BW do!? Honestly, I'm on the camp that wants a boss fight. I don't care about art, I just want to beat something up at the end.

His name was Marauder Shields.

Rezbit

Tokubetsu

Posted? Co-creator of LOST:

XzHoR.png

hao chi

The idea with that theory is that he never left Earth, thus, Reapers are still on full attack mode.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. The only way I can make sense of Shepard surviving in the Destroy ending, would be for the ending to have been a hallucination caused by indoctrination.

Zeliard

Toughest boss in the series. Also is it just me or is insanity easier in this game. Feels like there is less armor.

There are far fewer barriers/shields/armors on enemies but they are also much more aggressive about getting you out of cover.

Tokubetsu

Toughest boss in the series. Also is it just me or is insanity easier in this game. Feels like there is less armor.

There is less. In ME2 with some enemies, you had to go through BARRIER > SHIELDS > ARMOR and THEN health in some cases iirc. You only get 2 at a time now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There are far fewer barriers/shields/armors on enemies but they are also much more aggressive about getting you out of cover.

Oh well no one got me out of cover cause I was an adept with energy drain. I built like I was playing on Me2 insanity. Too easy and I didnt even have Liara with me on most missions.

Although they did hurt adept by not giving you Miranda aka best adept ally ever.

Almighty

Well screw them then.

Like I said before that is stupid and pretty much takes any future ME game off my list.
Man Bioware has managed to kill any interest i might have in both of their two big series so quickly and utterly. Lucky for me it looks like RPGs thanks to kickstater and the indie scene might be on a come back so I will no longer need to rely on Bioware to get my RPG fix anymore.

All the dream sequences and the catalyst should have just been the Virmire sacrifice. Not vent kid. Would haven better having Ashley and Kaidan haunt you cause of their pointless delaying of the inevitable arrival.

Zeliard

Also powers as a whole recharge much, much quicker in ME3, especially if you get that recharge bonus up. Pull in a second, Charge in 3 seconds, etc.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
So Insanity isn't so bad in this one?

There were points on Normal where I was thinking "f doing this on insanity". I didn't really have any sticking points in two, though...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Well screw them then.

Like I said before that is stupid and pretty much takes any future ME game off my list.
Man Bioware has managed to kill any interest i might have in both of their two big series so quickly and utterly. Lucky for me it looks like RPGs thanks to kickstater and the indie scene might be on a come back so I will no longer need to rely on Bioware to get my RPG fix anymore.

but no one else is making space games with storytelling =(

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Also powers as a whole recharge much, much quicker in ME3, especially if you get that recharge bonus up. Pull in a second, Charge in 3 seconds, etc.

Thats what allies are for. I barely even needed to use my gun in this game. SMG did most of the damage in 2.

Top Bottom