• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

This might be ignored, but could anyone somehow link me to the first Eatchildren post in the first spoiler thread? I want to see it, but man, 20000 posts...

HERE

As per my post in the other thread;

Worst game ending of all time that ruins the entire trilogy my fucking arse.

The greatest joy of that ending was it not living up to the hyperbolic hate and anger I expected to feel.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But the normandy isn't that big. I don't understand why they can't load more than they do.

"I don't want to tell my kids I spent the war guarding the door."

lol

Well, ME1 had the slow ass elevator loading. I'm guessing the war room is something to do with an online connection to process the EMS, I noticed it takes a lot longer to go into the room compared to leaving it.

Dany

Banned
Oh, I havn't answered the new questions.

I have played a ME game before ME3, I played them in the proper order and I think I like 3 the most.

Moaradin

I like ME3 the most as well. The ending sucks, but the first 40 hours for me were the highest points in the series. I put ME1 really close.

MechaX

Because he'd be committing genocide against synthetics, and that'd be wrong... Plus it would blow up the mass relays every time. So he'd have to build new relays every time the organics made a new synthetic race and he had to wipe them out. Much easier just to kill the organics. Those mass relays are probably expensive.

But... I mean, eliminating organics for the singular purpose of preventing the creation of synthetic races might be a form of genocide in of itself. Yeah, blowing up the mass relays would be a problem, but it's not as if they tried to come up with ways that would not lend to that result.

But then again, they don't want organics to be wiped out by synthetics, despite how the Reapers, at least according to Shepard and Javik's cycles, organics either quelled their problems with synthetics or were well on their way to doing so. Or at the very least, the Reapers have shitty timing and are so bad at their jobs to habitually come after synthetics are not so much of an issue.

*Mind 'splosion gif*

hlhbk

I just finished the game. Absolutely loved it! I don't understand what all the fuss is about regarding the endings. The entire game was amazing!

By far the best trilogy of games ever.

I just finished the game. Absolutely loved it! I don't understand what all the fuss is about regarding the endings. The entire game was amazing!

did you just sit there with a huge grin on your face nodding the whole time? You just ate it all up.

hlhbk

Go away, EA employee.

Not an EA employee at all. Been gaming since 85 and am a hardcore gamer. The problem with the trilogy ending is that no matter what people would have complained because the ending that person A wants person B hates. Bioware was in a no win situation.

Between ME3 and SWTOR Bioware has redeemed themsevles for Dragon Age 2. Welcome back Bioware!

rozay

Banned

the "fuss" is clearly explained in the beginning of this thread if you're willing to listen!

DTKT

Not an EA employee at all. Been gaming since 85 and am a hardcore gamer. The problem with the trilogy ending is that no matter what people would have complained because the ending that person A wants person B hates. Bioware was in a no win situation.

Between ME3 and SWTOR Bioware has redeemed themsevles for Dragon Age 2. Welcome back Bioware!

That's bullshit.

Myomoto

Not an EA employee at all.

Reeaaaly...

Zomba13

For someone who isn't an EA or Bioware employee that reads an awful lot like what an EA or Bioware employee would say...

I kid.

Now this is gold.

Zomba13

I really don't get how people can actually like the ending, at least people who have played since the start. I mean I get people being indifferent towards it or even maybe liking it if they just started with ME3 and didn't care what was going on (I mean it ended in an explosion in the colour of their choosing. Thats kinda cool isn't it? Big booms and pretty colours). I honestly don't understand how a long time ME fan (as in someone who has played and completed all 3 games, and I assume was into the series enough to buy it and complete it within the first few weeks of release) could like the ending in anyway.

Also, guy who loved it, what did you love about it? Why did you think it was so good? Did you play and enjoy the previous 2 games? What choice did you make and do you understand that the others are pretty much the same? I really am interested in trying to understand.

Omega

Banned

Uh no.

They could have just made an ending that made sense. Some of us might have not liked it, but we could have lived with it. The ending is a kid telling you that you wasted your time playing Mass Effect, because everything you did is irrelevant.

Then you get some pedo-scene after the credits.

EA has no shame. They just got exposed for viral marketing and they don't even try to hide it or calm down.

Haunted

Which colour did you get?

What did you think of Kai Leng Binks?

viral alert viral alert viral alert

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEOWWWWW

Massa

So now that we're done with the poll and have gone back to attacking each other, if I may ask: what makes the indoctrination theory bullshit? (Other than Bioware not being good enough to think of it, of course).

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
It's interesting to me that people who hate the ending describe what they hated, but people who like it just say they like it, and then usually will either insult people who liked it or say that Bioware were in a no win situation.

Sokantish

It's interesting to me that people who hate the ending describe what they hated, but people who like it just say they like it, and then usually will either insult people who liked it or say that Bioware were in a no win situation.

Yep that's it, people who don't like the ending are thoughtful and always polite, while the people who liked the ending aren't able to describe their feelings because they're clearly just saying it because they're Bioware fanboys.

Karl2177

I like to call it the satisfaction effect. When you're happy with something you tend to have a difficult time pointing out exact things that are good. As for the attacking, it's the opposite case. It's almost as if they are vehemently opposed to conforming. Just my 2 pence.

DTKT

It doesnt even sound like they like it. It's more of a "neutral" stance than something they find satisfactory.

Omega

Banned
So now that we're done with the poll and have gone back to attacking each other, if I may ask: what makes the indoctrination theory bullshit? (Other than Bioware not being good enough to think of it, of course).

To me there really isn't a reason other than BioWare just isn't clever enough to do it.

Not to mention it would be a stupid ending anyway. You can't fight off indoctrination as much as you try, all you do is slow down the process. So what would this real ending DLC be if they actually decided to go with indoctrination?

At first I latched onto it because it made more sense than the shit they gave us, but it still doesn't make any sense and wouldn't work.

Zen

Banned
It makes sense, indoctrination is a gradual process. The whole dream sequence would just be a narrowly avoided breaking point. Indoctrination still makes more sense than the ending we go, and would have DLC coming were it true.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Because it was discarded, because the only evidence is circumstantial, and because there's a lot of confirmation bias behind it.

DTKT

The cycle must continue.

- Someone coming saying that they like it. Without saying why.
- Everyone bitches to him just because.
- Someone mentions the indoctrination theory and asks why it's not possible. By the way, he's ignoring a lot of replies on the very same subject. He's also ignoring the "Final Hours" app and a post by one of the writers.
- We all roll our eyes in contempt of the poor soul.

Zomba13

The cycle must continue.

- Someone mentions the indoctrination theory and asks why it's not possible. By the way, he's ignoring a lot of replies on the very same subject. He's also ignoring the "Final Hours" app and a post by one of the writers.
- Someone posts about the cycle

Fixed.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
iKQgK74RqP2KL.png

rozay

Banned
The cycle must continue.

http://youtu.be/ihszgHc9Jeg?t=9m58s

Haunted

I am severely disappointed by this. You aren't worth of marauder's love
Not a big fan of 4chan in general. The internet also has the tendency to run things into the ground until they aren't funny anymore in record time.

This marauder meme is one of them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So guys, what are the chances that BioWare announces DLC tomorrow and declares that the original ending of ME3 was an elaborate April Fools joke?

Top Bottom