• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Still my favorite ending out of all three game and all the variations. Ending with a shot of all the fucking Reapers and the orchestral music, I remember the first time I got that ending SOUND SYSTEM WAS BOOMING. So fucking epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RFVPZhXbo&feature=related

It really was.

Then I read this comment

"Sheperd: " Harbinger is coming..."
ME3: *make one mention of Harbinger, and have him only appear once for 10 seconds*"

Man, they fucked up so bad.

Myomoto

So Insanity isn't so bad in this one?

There were points on Normal where I was thinking "f doing this on insanity". I didn't really have any sticking points in two, though...

ME2 on insanity is easily one of my top 5 gaming experiences.

It really was.

Then I read this comment

ME3: *make one mention of Harbinger, and have him only appear once for 10 seconds*"

At least those 10 seconds are incredibly bad ass, Harbinger seemed like the real deal when he was putting on the laser light show of death.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It really was.

Then I read this comment

olol you think that was a reaction to everyone wanting harbinger to shut up in 2?

the year is 1996 and Ed Boon and John Tobias are pacing the halls

"i've got it!" cries boon as he takes a pencil to a sketchpad. one ponytail, cyber domino mask, and ninja sword later, he's finished.

the two look at each other before bursting out laughing. mortal kombat: sub-zero deserves better character design than this they think, and thus get to work on quan chi.

I've been sick with a stomach bug for two days now and it started right after I beat this game.

I'm not gonna say it was the ending but...

McNei1y

It really was.

Then I read this comment

I played through ME2 twice and I always thought Harbinger was the main Collector guy. I didn't realize it was a reaper who had indoctrinated the lead collector guy. Man, it should've been more straightforward and epic like the Sovereign confrontation was.

Zeliard

olol you think that was a reaction to everyone wanting harbinger to shut up in 2?

I liked his constant taunting of Shep. In 3 there was just that one talk with that Reaper Destroyer, who's just a mini version of Sovereign and Harbinger.

Though I did like that you could pick a Renegade action and order another orbital strike on the Destroyer while he was already laying there dying. That was some hilarious overkill.

Rufus

At least those 10 seconds are incredibly bad ass, Harbinger seemed like the real deal when he was putting on the laser light show of death.
He could actually aim for shit, unlike some other Reaper on Rannoch. As neat as it was to take that thing down, doing it in one hit as the laser is coming towards you would have been more dramatic.

Karl2177

He didn't have to say something everytime you enter combat like he did with the Collectors otherwise I enjoyed the voice(I even have a Harbinger section on my soundboard). Anyways I heard it was because they couldn't get the VA again.

I vaguely remember the VA was not available for ME3
No, they just didn't write any lines for him. He voiced additional characters in ME3.

Maybe the Joker beat him up again
keith_szarabajka.jpg

Pictured: Harbinger

Zeliard

Harbinger comes down and in a few seconds does what a horde of Reaper drones + a Destroyer couldn't, then he's just like "okay I'm good" and dips out.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
RELEASING CONTROL

What were those fat husks with artillery cannons called? Those were an amazing pain in the ass.

Scions?

Also did anyone find it weird that there was no regular asari husks or krogan husks? Or turn the Rachni Queen into a husk when she didnt sucuumb to indoctrination? Or just overwrite Legion?

MechaX

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

MY ATTACKS WILL TEAR YOU APART

THIS HURTS YOU.

IF I MUST TEAR YOU APART SHEPARD, I WILL

YOU ARE VERMIN

It would be funny if Harbinger spoke after each laser blast.

"THIS HURTS YOU I AM UNSTOP-WEAK-IF I MUST TEAR YOU APAR-WE WILL FINISH THIS"

Oh, and once again: The Final Hours shows that Casey Hudson and Bioware have no interest in exploring the ME universe after the events of ME3. They envision all future games taking place before or during it.

Future games? Why in the world.

Someone explain the meaning of trilogy for these people.

3 games. Series done. Move on.

OK. 3 games. Series done. BUT WAIT... REDO THE ENDING... FOR THE LOVE OF... Move on.

dankir

Scions?

Also did anyone find it weird that there was no regular asari husks or krogan husks? Or turn the Rachni Queen into a husk when she didnt sucuumb to indoctrination? Or just overwrite Legion?

Uhhh Banshees and Brutes?

Wait Brutes were Krogan's I thought they were Yagh lol. Makes sense now.

McNei1y

What were those fat husks with artillery cannons called? Those were an amazing pain in the ass.

The Rachni husks or the Scions from ME2? (the ones that only did Shockwave with armor)

Scions?

I believe the Asari husks were the Banshees. Or at least I thought they alluded to that when we went to save Samara's daughter.

I always just assumed that the Krogan husks were Brutes since every other major race had one.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROLMY ATTACKS WILL TEAR YOU APARTTHIS HURTS YOU.IF I MUST TEAR YOU APART SHEPARD, I WILLYOU ARE VERMIN

The whole attitude and hatred Soverign and Harbinger seem to have for organics seem misplaced considering their true purpose and what they are infact made up of.

Very peculiar story telling choices there.

No, they just didn't write any lines for him. He voiced additional characters in ME3.Maybe the Joker beat him up again
keith_szarabajka.jpg
Pictured: Harbinger

Had no idea that guy was Harbinger, cool stuff, looking through his IMDB he actually does a ton of games.

Gestahl

So if you do everything perfectly, everyone becomes horrible half robots, the Quarians, Turians, Geth, Krogan, Asari, and Salarians are all stranded in the Sol cluster (Will the Quarians and Turians have to eat each other for sustenance???), the Krogans are stuck on their shithole of a planet, the relays are gone, all those Quarians will never see their homeworld again, Shepard's dead, and Joker runs away like a coward to make horrible half robot babies with his sexy android girlfriend among all the electro leaves on a random planet....

Oh and everyone the Citadel,who you spent the entire game helping and regardless of what you do, dies horribly in a collector base esque meatgrinder. Like Kelly, who after being saved from the base, Cerberus agents and her own possible suicide, becomes goopaste anyway...

What exactly did we win again

I think what pissed me off the most is that they have killed the universe from going forward now, we only have the events before to explore and that really really annoys me.

im posting this from the last thread since i just want people to read what i wanted to happen, personally id be overjoyed with an ending like this.

Didnt hate the ending however it would of been much better if.

Shepard got inside the citadel via the "beam" once inside the room with Anderson he was met by Harbinger and TIM

Middle Choice
After a battle with harbinger he takes control of TIM, Once TIM/Harbinger is Defeated TIM has control over Harbinger Shepard shoots TIM in the head killing both him and Harbinger, The Crucible transmits a kill virus to all the Reapers and the galaxy continues eventually destroying its self thousands of years later via war

Renegade
After a battle with harbinger he takes control of TIM, Once TIM/Harbinger is Defeated TIM has control over Harbinger, Shepard helps TIM take control of Harbinger and use the Citadel/Crucible to broadcast his control to all reapers using them to solidify Humanity's position as the dominant spices of "The Last Cycle". Humanity using the reapers rule the Universe almost tyrannically for the foreseeable future

|Paragon (canon)
After a battle with harbinger he takes control of TIM, Once TIM/Harbinger is Defeated TIM has control over Harbinger Shepard helps TIM to control Harbinger and then broadcast a shutdown command across the galaxy using the Crucible/Citadel/Mass Relays.
TIM using all the knowledge he gained from controlling Harbinger helps humanity AND every other species prosper, aids and educates less intelligent races such as the Yagh into galactic communication/interaction.

Every ending then starts hopping to Major civilizations and characters from the universe showing how they continued after the war.

After the credits we see some alien race Far beyond our galaxy. The setting is a giant space construction yard orbiting some stellar phenomenon, cut to scientists from the alien race who report successful development of a Large scale Mass Relay that will allow them to reach our Galaxy. Then cut to a Alien General/king inside some throne room who reports "project:reaper was a failure, project:abyss is go".

Mass Effect universe stays viable, new threat is introduced but not expanded upon and we could still have after game DLC with shepard

I keep wanting them to "fix" the ending but i know they wont, they will listen to fan feedback telling them its shitty and then make a few DLC missions based before the events of the ending upholding their its for the educated and its artsy and philosophical ideals. Making the DLC soul crushing because we know that the events dont mean shit anymore since since shep is forced into making a stupid decision killing himself and fucking up intergalactic civilization.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Guys, read the codex. God.

/sarcasm

Brutes are Krogan/turian abominations and banshees are asari husks with ardat yakshi genes or some shit.

Where are my elcor husks?

Myomoto

Scions?

Yeah, scions. Overall it seemed to me that there were a lot more enemy varity in ME2, what with all the mercenaries etc.

Ultimately I just think I would have liked to see BioWare take more time on this game, and make a master piece, instead of just a great game.

Also, brutes were totally krogans.

Edit: Not counting reaper enemies, did we even ever fight a single krogan, asari, turian, or salarian in this game?!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Looking at the ME2 ending and how awesome it was is terrible stuff.

I tried playing ME3 renegade a couple hours ago. Couldn't do it. I was so fucking bored. Has anyone else tried to replay ME3 after seeing all the possible endings? It's SO BORING and unengaging. Compare this to just 3 days ago when I was like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS EPIC"

That's what this ending will do to you.

Looking at the ME2 ending and how awesome it was is terrible stuff.

I tried playing ME3 renegade a couple hours ago. Couldn't do it. I was so fucking bored. Has anyone else tried to replay ME3 after seeing all the possible endings? It's SO BORING and unengaging. Compare this to just 3 days ago when I was like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS EPIC"

That's what this ending will do to you.

too true all I play on ME3 now is multiplayer...i'm sure eventually even if they don't change the ending I'll play through it at least three times (my cannon, paragon/renegade) but ya....I probably wont attack it with the same vigor I did 1 and 2...

Zeliard

None of you baboons are getting his questions. There are only 'special' Reaper troops made from alien races. No regular fodder, like with human husks.

That's because humans are far less physically and biotically capable than the other races. So they're relegated to front-line fodder in the form of simple husks. It isn't a difficult concept. You Reapify a human, you end up with a husk. You Reapify an Asari (specifically Ardot-Yakshi), you end up with a Banshee.

Top Bottom