• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Protome

Did you try walking all the way? Should've worked, not unless there were other triggers involved like how TIM was handled at the end and the Collector base.

It's based on he number, not the bar.
The bar is completely useless and pointless in all ways.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
All male Shepards are ugly, except default. I'd be homosexual for him.

inky

OK guys, I'll leave you to your c̶a̶l̶i̶b̶r̶speculations. I'll be back when Bioware fucks up again (so could be tomorrow!) or when Amir0x finishes the game and finds his way here (LOL).

Edit: But just so you don't miss me, I'll leave you with this:

Jessica Merizan (PR girl) said:
Just so you guys are aware, my Twitter account will no longer be a place to discuss BioWare (at least for now). If you're following me there and that's the only reason, I suggest unfollowing me.

I will also be changing my interactions with fans on the BSN to a role that is more moderation focused and less engagement focused. Thanks to those of you who have provided wonderful conversations.

Lastly, despite what someone indicated on an earlier page, I am not a salaried employee. I am paid hourly. It's a good job, but I'm not being paid to engage with the community at 3AM. I did it because I thought it was helpful. I'm sorry that it wasn't.

EDIT: None of this affects my role. I'm still your advocate and am actively collecting feedback, thoughts, questions, concerns etc.

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn

What if he likes the end? What if he becomes indoctrinated?

He won't. Trust me ;)

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Time for you to google Mark Vanderloo?

OK guys, I'll leave you to your c̶a̶l̶i̶b̶r̶speculations. I'll be back when Bioware fucks up again (so could be tomorrow!) or when Amir0x finishes the game and finds his way here.
What if he likes the end? What if he becomes indoctrinated?

kurahador

i think mine looks pretty good.
ZBaIu.jpg

Eusis

It's based on he number, not the bar.
The bar is completely useless and pointless in all ways.
Galactic Readiness was the only thing I seriously paid attention to, and even THAT got overhyped somehow. Can't believe how badly they botched it, should've just skipped putting it in.

danwarb

You can always pretend it was all a dream and Shepard was taken out by the beam, or indoctrinated.

Still easily the best game I've played this year.

Digoman

This seriously should be in the OP:http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10056886

A nice list of all the lies we were told prior to release.

I think to correct link is:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10056886/1

Those quotes just make me sad... I'm used to developer overhyping of course, but some of them like this:

"Of course you don’t have to play multiplayer, you can choose to play
all the side-quests in single-player and do all that stuff you’ll
still get all the same endings and same information, it’s just a
totally different way of playing"

Are just plain lies. At least I haven't seen any way to reach 4000 let alone 5000 points with a GR rating of 50% (maybe with the game for iOS).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
alright, thought i would post my input on this whole ending fiasco. i for one, did not have such a big problem with the ending as others did.

i'll start with things i agree should not have happened:

- Joker should not have been leaving the Sol Sytem with the rest of your crew, including your romantic interest. this part definitely sucks.

- Shepard dying. Sucks. There should be a happy ending, where you live happily ever after with your romantic interest.

and i think those are the only two problems. here's why i think everything else is fine.

I believe the Mass Effect world, in its history, is a reflection of human history on a galactic scale. Civilizations rise to a peak, and eventually die out or kill each other off. Same with galactic species. Its a mirror of technology becoming so advanced that it destroys nature, similar to the plot of The Day the Earth Stood Still. The Reapers' job, is to control this inevitable self destruction, so that younger and underdeveloped species can survive the armageddon.

This is where Shepard comes in, why he's the legend. He defies this inevitability, by uniting all the species and making certain choices like curing the genophage. If not for Shepard, war would happen everywhere. Krogan vs Turians and Salarians, Quarians vs Geth. Especially Shep's influence in resolving Quarian vs Geth, organics vs synthetics.

Shepard proves Reapers are wrong method by uniting all the species. Thus he is given option to control or destroy Reapers, and sets back galactic technology. Like the ending of Day the Earth Stood Still, where
electricity was taken out
. Its a bittersweet ending, where the cycle is broken, but technology is set back to allow for a longer lifetime of organics.

The stargazer ending implies that everything eventually worked out, and Shepard's story was passed down.

Nope. Shepard should die. Thats fine Stupid happily ever after LI endings are part of the reason people are mocking the criticism of the ending.

You can always pretend it was all a dream and Shepard was taken out by the beam, or indoctrinated.

While I personally thinks that's a cool possibility, even if the indocrination or whatever stuff is true, it still needs an ending once s/he fights off the indoctrination.

jackdoe

Nope. Shepard should die. Thats fine Stupid happily ever after LI endings are part of the reason people are mocking the criticism of the ending.
Why not have choices? You have your standard bittersweet ending where Shepard dies, and your two extreme endings, one bad ending where the Reapers win and one happy ending where everyone lives. The two extreme endings require you to actively go out of your way to attain, while the bittersweet one can be obtained through a normal playthrough. Thus, you will please everyone.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Why not have choices? You have your standard bittersweet ending where Shepard dies, and your two extreme endings, one bad ending where the Reapers win and one happy ending where everyone lives. The two extreme endings require you to actively go out of your way to attain, while the bittersweet one can be obtained through a normal playthrough. Thus, you will please everyone.

Because pleasing everyone rarely makes a good ending. Lots of the best endings ever arent happy. I dont care about shepard living or a happy ending. I just want an ending that makes fucking sense. Everyone could die horribly and I'd be ok if it was a solid conclusion.

hateradio

I really hate how your shep is just the renegade version of my shep >.<
Prescars.

I really hate how you could see those hair lines; they look like hair transplants.

Random thought: I personally like my Hawk more than the original. I wish the editor was like DA2's.

Pollux

Say they do give an ending DLC, where they change the star child crap...how would that work? Say they decided to cut the star child, well it's already on the disc...would the DLC overwrite that? This is all hypothetical and just a question about DLC in general and less about the actual ending...

jackdoe

Because pleasing everyone rarely makes a good ending. Lots of the best endings ever arent happy. I dont care about shepard living or a happy ending. I just want an ending that makes fucking sense. Everyone could die horribly and I'd be ok if it was a solid conclusion.
Why limit yourself to one canon choice? Why not truly have multiple endings that aren't palette swaps? Why not have endings that are formulated based on what you did during the game and not what "button" you chose to push in the final five minutes of the game?

Rapstah

Say they do give an ending DLC, where they change the star child crap...how would that work? Say they decided to cut the star child, well it's already on the disc...would the DLC overwrite that? This is all hypothetical and just a question about DLC in general and less about the actual ending...

Depends on how DLC hooks into the game. My theory is the game only supports adding new planets and systems, but I'm also pretty sure they can edit dialogues in a way that would allow them to make some fairly major changes to the existing map load order and include new maps.

Worst case scenario they have to patch the game to allow DLC in places they didn't expect, which may or may not work on the console versions.

Pollux

Depends on how DLC hooks into the game. My theory is the game only supports adding new planets and systems, but I'm also pretty sure they can edit dialogues in a way that would allow them to make some fairly major changes to the existing map load order and include new maps.

Worst case scenario they have to patch the game to allow DLC in places they didn't expect, which may or may not work on the console versions.

So they could theoretically release a patch/DLC that would basically lock out certain parts of the on disc content, like the star child thing?

I'm not advocating this or anything else, I'm just curious about the technical aspect of it.

Rapstah

So they could theoretically release a patch/DLC that would basically lock out certain parts of the on disc content, like the star child thing?

I'm not advocating this or anything else, I'm just curious about the technical aspect of it.

Dragon Age had changing dialogues depending on DLC, and their engine should be similar enough to that to still have comparable systems there.

Veelk

Banned
It's proven time and time again that renegade options ultimately destroy, kill, or injure someone. This destroys all the Reapers. It makes sense that it's Red, and it makes sense that Anderson is used to depict it, because it's what he would have done.

Paragons typically would use their mind and use it as a way to control the situation, in this case literally controlling the Reapers.

I will say this much. Paragon and Renegade aren't divided by mind vs might or good vs evil or anything like that. Or atleast that's not what the original purpose was. Bioware messed up a lot of times with this, I'll admit, but what Paragon and Renegade were originally designed to be how you handle yourself in regards to whether you are in accordance to the code of conduct with the Alliance military. Your either a paragon of it, or you abandon them and be a Renegade.

Going by the purpose that the paragon/renegade system was originally designed for, it makes very little sense that anderson would be Renegade and Illusive man a Paragon.

You know guys, after playing the game for second time something occurred to me. The Ending wasn't the most what bothered me about Mass Effect 3., you know what it was ? Jessica Chobot !

I am sorry, I know I've already said it in the previous thread it is just I cannot wrap my head around her existence in the game, I mean whats the point ?!

LiK

You know guys, after playing the game for second time something occurred to me. The Ending wasn't the most what bothered me about Mass Effect 3., you know what it was ? Jessica Chobot !

I am sorry, I know I've already said it in the previous thread it is just I cannot wrap my head around her existence in the game, I mean whats the point ?!

Yup, been addressed. We would like to pretend she's not in the game.

Rufus

Fan service.

kurahador

heh...I remember when i still didn't finish ME3, keep hearing all this "OMG THE ENDING WAS TERRIBLE!!" rage all over the internet.

At the time, I was guessing that the ending would be The Crucible wipes out every lifeform in the galaxy including reapers. Giving future generations a chance to live.

And the reason for fan uproar was because the crucible storyline was a waste of time. Boy how wrong I was. Now I wish they'd use my ending instead.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Yup, been addressed. We would like to pretend she's not in the game.
Well, she's only worth 5 ems, so even if ems meant something, it makes no difference if you kick her off your ship. You can do it any time.

Digoman

Taken from the other thread here on gaf.

Here is the point, about the decision of Bioware to "change" the endings:
"New Mass Effect 3 Endings - A Dangerous Precedent? "
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/21/mass-effect-3-a-dangerous-precedent

Edit: \/ \/ \/ Crewnh was the one that posted that link on the other thread

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Just so you guys are aware, my Twitter account will no longer be a place to discuss BioWare (at least for now). If you're following me there and that's the only reason, I suggest unfollowing me.

I will also be changing my interactions with fans on the BSN to a role that is more moderation focused and less engagement focused. Thanks to those of you who have provided wonderful conversations.

Lastly, despite what someone indicated on an earlier page, I am not a salaried employee. I am paid hourly. It's a good job, but I'm not being paid to engage with the community at 3AM. I did it because I thought it was helpful. I'm sorry that it wasn't.

EDIT: None of this affects my role. I'm still your advocate and am actively collecting feedback, thoughts, questions, concerns etc.

Damn, I bet it must suck to be a CM and be absolutely blasted by the fans you are in charge of managing, or have your every word dissected as gospel on a twitter feed, especially when you're trying to be a nice, personable figure.

On the other hand, not much community management was being had on any front, at least on the BSN. No debate, no discussion, just "we're listening and clarifying". Just the absolute basic locking duplicate threads or deleting hostile posts. Of course, responding only invites the potential for further discontent.

A Damned if you do, damned if you don't situation if I ever saw one.

LiK

Well, she's only worth 5 ems, so even if ems meant something, it makes no difference if you kick her off your ship. You can do it any time.

Her interviews later actually add more points to the other dudes like Geth etc. And there's no option to kick her off later, iirc

hateradio

Going by the purpose that the paragon/renegade system was originally designed for, it makes very little sense that anderson would be Renegade and Illusive man a Paragon.
I think you're actually still tying the good/bad principles to it: Anderson isn't bad because he follows military protocol, so he can't be red.

Again, the Red option is not inteded to reflect Anderson, but more on Shepard's resolve to destroy everything. The word is very much tied to the renegade.

Imagine the colors were reversed.

What would be gained by a renegade Shep? This isn't Dragon Age where you could become a Blood Mage by consorting with a demon. Nothing would be gained by him or her by controlling the Reapers. He or she would want to remain human, and would want to do whatever it takes to remove the Reapers from the galaxy.

And if the option to destroy were blue, a paragon Shepard would not only be sacrificing him or herself (as in Control) but also the Geth and any other sentient AI in the galaxy or universe. That doesn't sound like a true paragon, because the many outweigh the few. I think a paragon would go the extra length to achieve peace if it meant giving his or her life for it.

For a while only, untile they are ready to be reaped themselves. What is the point of allowing life if you deny it's nature i.e. evolution and the ability to choose (free will).

well, 50 000 years is a long while. and species live longer than that (i.e. humans were around at the end of the last cycle but weren't targeted, so they lived more than 50,000 years till next cycle.)

the point of stopping evolution is that it inevitably leads to destruction. the idea is that if organic life is allowed to go on, then eventually all organic life will die out. Reapers use the cycle to keep organic life going.

Sorry but he doesn't. The only inevitability here is the Starchild, and Shepard doesn't defy him, he accepts him. All of those choices didn't matter for who he was, because none of them factor into what he could do, in fact most of the endings deny them outright.Krogans are either cured in a planet with no resources or destined to die. Quarians are stranded at the other end of the galaxy. In all endings your peace pacts don't factor in, and one of them outright kills the Geth you fought to save.

Shepard's goal is to get rid of the Reapers, something no-one has ever done before, in all the tons and tons of cycles till present. Starchild offers Shepard different options of getting rid of the Reaper threat and saving humanity and the galaxy. There would literally be no other way of saving everyone. Starchild even says to him that his appearance means Reapers are no longer the correct method.

There's nothing bittersweet about it. All of the races are destined to extinction, in fact a pretty violent and rapid one. Their home planets become unsustainable without space travel, and are already kind of devastated/overpopulated. Hell, the Quarians are all stranded above Earth, on the other side of the galaxy.

no, they're not. the civilian fleet of the quarians is still left behind. Reaper attacks significantly reduced population on other planets. and its not like all members of every species came to Earth. they are still on their home world.

Pollux

Prescars.

I really hate how you could see those hair lines; they look like hair transplants.

Random thought: I personally like my Hawk more than the original. I wish the editor was like DA2's.
Am I the only one that hates the fact that the facial hair doesn't connect with the hair. There's just this awkward gap where some sideburns should be.

See what I mean? It really annoys me.

stubble1.jpg

Top Bottom