• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Her interviews later actually add more points to the other dudes like Geth etc. And there's no option to kick her off later, iirc
Very good point about the interviews, but even at the end just talk to her twice, the second time you can say "get off my ship."

rdrr gnr

Just so the critics and the idiots are clear: there are people, like myself, who absolutely hate the ending, but do not want it changed. Not only is the ending objectively terrible, but it retroactively damages the rest of the series for me. I know now all that build up was for nothing. However, it does not mean I want them to alter or introduce a new ending. That is the last thing I want. They fucked up. Their writers should be fired. And we should all move on.

Also, Whitta's blog entry -- like almost ever other blog entry -- misses the point. What Bioware did was not "ballsy" because it was not intentional. It was terrible. Absolutely terrible. It's confirmation bias and denial in full effect.

Pollux

Yup, annoys me too lol.

Oh good, I'm not the only one. I can't give my Shep stubble because of that, and it really pisses me off. I'm a stubbly individual and I want my Shep to look as similar to me as possible...that's the whole role playing aspect imo.

Rapstah

no, they're not. the civilian fleet of the quarians is still left behind. Reaper attacks significantly reduced population on other planets. and its not like all members of every species came to Earth. they are still on their home world.

There's no such thing as a Quarian civilian fleet. The entry in your asset log says literally Migrant Fleet.

just scrolled down the page and had to realise that myself and other's dont use default male shep and somehow all these sheps match mine pretty well.

Hivemind?

There's no such thing as a Quarian civilian fleet. The entry in your asset log says literally Migrant Fleet.

Yeah, they make note of the fact that the Quarian live ships are now outfitted with guns due to the Geth assault and the Live ships end up being part of your war assets

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'd easily indoctrinate Tali to have sex with her.

Replicant

just scrolled down the page and had to realise that myself and other's dont use default male shep and somehow all these sheps match mine pretty well.

Hivemind?

We all have generic idea of what constitute a good-looking male? Which all eerily resembles caucasian male in his early to late 30s? We've been brainwashed! Indoctrinated!

Speaking of face generator, I hate that you can't play with the nose or mouth. You can only choose what nose and mouth you want. Also, you're limited to certain amount of modification your cheekbones and jaws once you choose a particular face type. It's like there's no way to specifically modifying them.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Plus I'm pretty sure you see the live ships at the end. And the whole point of saving that general guy was to get the civilian fleet to survive so they could come.

CrazyDude

The civilian fleet is mentioned multiple times in the game. Even if they were part of the fleet that attacked Earth, the civilians would still be left behind on the home world. It would make no sense to bring the civilians along if there is place where they can stay.

Alchemy

The civilian fleet is mentioned multiple times in the game. Even if they were part of the fleet that attacked Earth, the civilians would still be left behind on the home world. It would make no sense to bring the civilians along if there is place where they can stay.

It does make sense if they have guns glued to their flying houses.

Zomba13

I dunno, every one of the Quarian ships were fitted with kick ass guns (it says so in something in game) and in that final battle you want all the kick ass guns you can get.

Rapstah

But there is place they can stay on the ships and there is not on their planet because of the way they're entirely dependant on their suits and grown food from those big domed ships you can see arriving in the end cinematic.

Speaking of those ships, I really liked the design of the admiral sitting in his Stargate-y throne. Looked amazing.

yeah this. i got the impression some Geth stayed behind too on the Quarian home world.

Doubtful. They have lived on ships for 300 years. Not exactly adept as hunter gatherers, ready to be dumped into the wilderness and survive.

The Civilian Fleet is just a part (the majority) of the Quarian Flotilla.

Need people to fly the ships, people that fly the ships need to eat, also the Geth came with.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
We all have generic idea of what constitute a good-looking male? Which all eerily resembles caucasian male in his early to late 30s? We've been brainwashed! Indoctrinated!

Speaking of face generator, I hate that you can't play with the nose or mouth. You can only choose what nose and mouth you want. Also, you're limited to certain amount of modification your cheekbones and jaws once you choose a particular face type. It's like there's no way to specifically modifying them.
I think my Shep has some Keanu Reeves-esque qualities from time to time, so maybe he's mixed. :p

As I said, I would have liked the generator to be as good as DA2's.

CrazyDude

But there is place they can stay on the ships and there is not on their planet because of the way they're entirely dependant on their suits and grown food from those big domed ships you can see arriving in the end cinematic.

Speaking of those ships, I really liked the design of the admiral sitting in his Stargate-y throne. Looked amazing.

I am sure they can find food on their home planet, and they wear their suits on the ships anyway. Putting your entire species at risk by bringing them to the battle when they don't need to is stupid.

Doubtful. They have lived on ships for 300 years. Not exactly adept as hunter gatherers, ready to be dumped into the wilderness and survive.

The Civilian Fleet is just a part (the majority) of the Quarian Flotilla.

Need people to fly the ships, people that fly the ships need to eat, also the Geth came with.

It's one big battle, there will be no time to eat. They lived in ships for 300 years, but they still have guns.

Rapstah

I am sure they can find food on their home planet, and they wear their suits on the ships anyway. Putting your entire species at risk by bringing them to the battle when they don't need to is stupid.

They could find food, but
  1. they'd be at the hunter-gatherer level unless the Geth had kept all farms and such intact.
  2. immune systems make eating food not grown on their ships troublesome because you don't know what's in or on what you eat.

With that said, clearly they could have dropped a couple of dozens of silos on Rannoch and dropped the entire non-combatant population there. With their entire pilgrimage culture though, is there such a thing as a Quarian non-combatant? I'm sure most of them would rather come. Just speculating now anyway.

And let's face the Geth don't give a shit about if they have 400 years home unless you picked Synthesis or Destroy.

Alchemy

They could find food, but
With that said, clearly they could have dropped a couple of dozens of silos on Rannoch and dropped the entire non-combatant population there. With their entire pilgrimage culture though, is there such a thing as a Quarian non-combatant? I'm sure most of them would rather come. Just speculating now anyway.

God damn it.

My shepards below.

Starting up a third character soon going to be a mix between both my current sheps, going to be a .. morally grey shepard (common sense shep) who wont make choices because they are good or bad but will make logical choices.

(Click to make bigger)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finishing up an ME1 playthrough and just got to Sovereign.

God... What happened? I know Mac Walters did, but just... sehksafhhksgd

"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding."
"You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it"

We went from that, to this....
dDN7f.jpg

Just got disappointed over the ending all over again.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Goddamn, Sovereign had some great lines.

Harbinger had a pretty good line in Arrival. "Dust struggling against a cosmic wind"

The Reapers in general have been pretty cool till Bioware decided that their ominous personality and hatred of organics was better changed to silence for ME3, just another of those bad decisions they made for some unknown reason.

Besides of course Harbingers gossip girl Mr Rannoch Destroyer himself.

Replicant

The Reapers in general have been pretty cool till they decided that their ominous personality and hatred of organics was better changed to silence.

Besides of course Harbingers gossip girl Mr Rannoch Destroyer himself.

They're basically silent antagonists for the majority of ME3. I don't get it. Why are they suddenly turned into a bunch of henchmen instead of the arrogant villains that they were in ME1-2? It'd have been better if they are actually just collective Borgs who are out to destroy every organics than some lame henchmen who are controlled by spacebrat.

Demon Ice

Banned
I cannot believe Javik wasn't included in the game. The conversation he and Shepard have about Synthetics vs Organics was so much more fleshed out than that garbage Space Casper was spewing.

And the back and forth between him and Liara on Thessia was fantastic. Along with the scene on the Normandy afterwards. He did so much to flesh out the Prothean backstory, and Bioware made that an optional $10 purchase? Bullshit. That was dirty.

Replicant

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/21/mass-effect-3-a-dangerous-precedent

Vocal minority! Vocal minority! Vocal minority!

It's amazing to watch the gaming press carry Bioware's water.

Yes, yes, because we're going to put this much effort, energy, and money for every.single.game that we're unhappy with. Because that's totally not a waste of our time.

Gimme a break. If that were the case, many would have done the same for DE:HR ending, Final Fantasy XIII-2 ending, and every other sucky ending known to mankind.

But no, gamers have done nothing but mostly accepted those endings. For many to actually rail against this particular one is something of an event in itself. It's that offensive that many actually do not want to be silenced.

hao chi

Yes, yes, because we're going to put this much effort, energy, and money for every.single.game that we're unhappy with. Because that's totally not a waste of our time.

Gimme a break. If that were the case, many would have done the same for DE:HR ending, Final Fantasy XIII-2 ending, and every other sucky ending known to mankind.

But no, gamers have done nothing but mostly accepted those endings. For many to actually rail against this particular one is something of an event in itself. It's that offensive that many actually do not want to be silenced.

Is it normal that I really want to try DE:HR now? I kind of want to see a shit ending that doesn't make me depressed for a few days.

Top Bottom