• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

I played KOTOR today and I got very sad about how fucking far Bioware has fallen.

Kotor still viable? I picked it up last year, but it wouldn't work with my PC. I think video card issues that have since been resolved. Not a huge Star Wars fan, but It might fill my sci fi void.

So where the fuck was the "Destroy just the Reapers and Casper the Space Ghost" option?

They knew everybody would do that, and pick cherry, so they threw the Geth and EDI on the pile so you could appreciate how deep they are.

So where the fuck was the "Destroy just the Reapers and Casper the Space Ghost" option?

You had to be on dream level 4, and Full Indoctrination to unlock the Renegon dialogue option that allows you to kill Da Reapahs and Star Kid.

Sorry, man. Go get moar War Assets and join the rest of us on the high level.

Dresden

9tdqb.jpg

Confirmed to be not Nihlus.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nah, the underlying them of destroy is to deliver on the promise of stopping sovereign and his reapers. Even at the cost of the geth and EDI, destroying the reapers is the only real choice. It is what I set out to do the moment I found out about them in ME1, and I delivered on that promise. More Geth or Geth like creatures can be created (just as ventkid said himself) EDI can be rebuilt at a later date, but the reapers must die.

EDI cant be rebuilt. And neither can the geth.

You probably have a point with EDI, but the Geth could be easily recreated again. After all it was the Quarians that created the Geth and they are just software. Naturally the new Geth wouldn't have the tree hugging Reaper enhancements "oh I am now an individual" crap but the Geth before the Reaper enhancements could be recreated.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You probably have a point with EDI, but the Geth could be easily recreated again. After all it was the Quarians that created the Geth and they are just software. Naturally the new Geth wouldn't have the tree hugging Reaper enhancements "oh I am now an individual" crap but the Geth before the Reaper enhancements could be recreated.

Which is the whole point. Its the same as rebuilding the blue box on the Normandy and expecting EDI.

DTKT

Well, I'm sure that if you wait long enough, a similar life form will emerge. But it's irrelevant, the fact is that in order to destroy the Reapers, you had to sacrifice an entire lifeform. Even if you know that you can coexist with them. But it's irrelevant. The universe will not progress further than what we have. This is what really makes me sad. This is the universe that Bioware created. One that they should be proud of. I just wished they could have ended it on a better note.

I so wish there was an option that was just "fuck it". Fuck off Ghost Kid, fuck off Reapers, our cycle will do it our own way, even if it means that we will later fail. Go fuck off in dark space with your grand ideas about synthetics and organics.

Dany

Banned
I'll say this, shepard is a fucking badass shooting that...'thing' in the destroy option, it seems like the only one where shepard does 'lose control' of themselves. Whatever that means.

I'll say this, shepard is a fucking badass shooting that...'thing' in the destroy option, it seems like the only one where shepard does 'lose control' of themselves. Whatever that means.
I do enjoy that aspect of the ending with Shepard limping slowly and shooting but then walking quickly with conviction while shooting the stupid what ever it is that causes the Reapers to die.

Eric Hall

Just finished it/thinking about the ending. The ending......was not that great, but I think the reaction to it is way out of hand. I'm still gonna love the series and the ending does not ruin the other games for me. I would have just liked to see some type of resolution for the characters that made out alive. Shepard doesn't even have to live, but some type of closure for the characters that have been with my guy since the first game would have been nice.

I'll still buy the DLC when it comes out because I liked playing the game, but I'm really at a loss for what the fuck it's gonna be about.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
And yet somehow you live.

So he was full of shit and EDI and the Geth are alright.

Cause I didn't see them blow up, I only saw the Reapers blow up.

Fuck you Bioware.
To be honest, you didn't see much of anything blow up in any of those endings.

Jarmel

Banned
I played KOTOR today and I got very sad about how fucking far Bioware has fallen.

It's fucking shameful. The lack of minigames, the sense of exploration and the dialogue trees.

ME3 really does feel like the laziest of the trilogy in certain regards. While ME2 had design issues, atleast Bioware tried with certain stuff such as planet scanning.

Prologue

It's fucking shameful. The lack of minigames, the sense of exploration and the dialogue trees.

ME3 really does feel like the laziest of the trilogy in certain regards. While ME2 had design issues, atleast Bioware tried with certain stuff such as planet scanning.

Kotor-like endings would have been a good fit imo. At least in nature for one or two endings.

hateradio

The citadel can blow up...and so can earth in the destroy ending...right?
The Earth doesn't blow up, it just gets charred.

Also, someone sent me a rude message. I didn't do anything to deserve this. :'(

I just run a silly collection.

Congrats you whiny entitled twats, you won. You better find something new to complain about. Maybe DLC is going to cost too much, maybe it should be free? You could try with that.

rdrr gnr

I have to say I turned it off after he pulled the "post modernist artwork" bull out of his arse.
I'm considering whether or not responding to him is worth being banned from his channel. Look, post-modernism is a perfectly acceptable framework to critique the works of contemporary art and literature. The problem is that Mass Effect is neither art nor literature.

Jubs

Thats not weird when it comes to ME fan art. Shit can be quite disgusting...don't google it

Disgusting in like... a perverted way? Or disgusting in a really fucked up kind of way? Just need some clarification before I think about dipping my toe in the water.

rozay

Banned
Right, so this is just speculation. And it's just my own impression.

But.

My best guess is that Bioware is done with conversations, branching dialogue trees. What they want to do is Uncharted in space. They create a story and you have no control on how it plays. Thing is, I don't think they are good enough to actually create that illusion. Naughty Dog is pretty good at creating cutscenes that feel more like scenes from a movie than "vidja games".

Just my impression. :|
It's gradually happening, but I believe that is the goal for Bioware, as they are "storytellers" first.

A new engine will do wonders for making less-shitty cutscenes I think.

DTKT

It's gradually happening, but I believe that is the goal for Bioware, as they are "storytellers" first.

A new engine will do wonders for making less-shitty cutscenes I think.

Frostbite I hope. Probably a good guess since EA been pushing for an proprietary engine for a while now.

I'm still interested in what they do, I'm just not sure they can actually pull it off.

What was the story they were telling in DA2 again? And what was the story they were talking about at the end of ME3?

I just realized I spent like 50 hours in DA2 and I don't even know why.

I was really impressed that they "out did" DA2's ending with ME3. I really thought there was no way it could be topped.

I can only imagine what the ending to their next game will be like. I won't doubt their "ability" again.

hateradio

I was really impressed that they "out did" DA2's ending with ME3. I really thought there was no way it could be topped.

I can only imagine what the ending to their next game will be like. I won't doubt their "ability" again.
I think you just piqued my interest in DA3. I want to know how badly they can fuck it up. What's it called when you're only interested in something to see how terrible it can get?

Top Bottom