• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

The best game in the franchise. So yes.

Really? I'm finding it to be the least enjoyable thanks to the inexact combat, stupid vehicle missions and impossible inventory management. Best story? Possibly but I'm not sure how far I am into the game. I wouldn't call it a bad game but it is terribly unrefined compared to its sequels.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
eMYVd.jpg

Replicant

Guys, I know this is no longer spoiler thread but I need to ask "Where the hell is Kelly Chambers hiding in Citadel?" Can you save her if you didn't romance her in ME2?

Dany

Banned
Guys, I know this is no longer spoiler thread but I need to ask "Where the hell is Kelly Chambers hiding in Citadel?" Can you save her if you didn't romance her in ME2?

If she is alive then she should be down in the refugee camps when that area becomes available. Speaking of, did anyone choose Dr. Michel over Chakwas?

Also, whats the song that plays in Purgatory? I love it.

My Kelly Chambers is floating out in deep space with Dr Chakwas.

*strokes white cat on lap, twirls mustache*

Really? I'm finding it to be the least enjoyable thanks to the inexact combat, stupid vehicle missions and impossible inventory management. Best story? Possibly but I'm not sure how far I am into the game. I wouldn't call it a bad game but it is terribly unrefined compared to its sequels.

I love the quests that are purely dialogue driven, and being able to explore alien planets, but the gameplay and doing the combat based side missions will drag the game down a lot.

To find people click in the right stick and look on the right, it lists the people you can talk to there, if Kelly is anywhere she'll be in the Docks on the Citadel (with the refugees.)

Replicant

She doesn't even appear if you didn't invite her up for some seafood in ME2.

That's stupid. Why do you have to romance her in ME2 to save her? She was alive and well in ME2 but she has to die in ME3 just because Shepard didn't stick his dick in her during ME2? I'd rage so hard if that was the case with Miranda as well but thankfully that's not the case.

So not only we have to deal with space magic, we also have magic dick that is capable of saving a poor Normandy crew.

Dany

Banned
That's stupid. Why do you have to romance her in ME2 to save her? She was alive and well in ME2 but she has to die in ME3 just because Shepard didn't stick his dick in her during ME2? I'd rage so hard if that was the case with Miranda as well but thankfully that's not the case.

Well, I didn't romance Kelly, she was still in the game, having dinner with her isn't the same as being with her. She doesn't even count as a real LI.

Sotha Sil

So not only we have to deal with space magic, we also have magic dick that is capable of saving a poor Normandy crew.

If that makes you feel better, she probably died on the Citadel anyway.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'd eat seafood off of Tali if given the chance.

RDreamer

The best game in the franchise. So yes.

Ew. Worst game in the franchise. I'm not sure I can play through that one again. I only forced myself to slog through it the first time to get to ME2, and I'm glad I did, because 2 was light years better. I suppose the overall story is probably best in ME1, but literally everything else is not.

Snookie

I finished it last night at 2am and i managed to avoid all of the spoilers. What the heck was that all about. Now all of these forces are stuck on earth and where the heck was the normandy going and why did my guys just bail on me. Good lord. Glad I started all the way with ME1 -> ME2 ->ME3 for that.

Jarmel

Banned
I finished it last night at 2am and i managed to avoid all of the spoilers. What the heck was that all about. Now all of these forces are stuck on earth and where the heck was the normandy going and why did my guys just bail on me. Good lord. Glad I started all the way with ME1 -> ME2 ->ME3 for that.

This is your punishment for being in ME3.

Bowdz

It's all right. Your among friends now.

So they're going to "clairify" why Joker and your faithful teammates and crew ran away? We're going to get "closure" by watching scenes of Joker making out with Edi and your LI looking forlorn on a jungle planet, maybe catching a lizard to eat?

I don't buy it. I don't think you can explain how any of the stuff in the ending happened without making it look even more unlikely and ridiculous.

So they're going to "clairify" why Joker and your faithful teammates and crew ran away? We're going to get "closure" by watching scenes of Joker making out with Edi and your LI looking forlorn on a jungle planet, maybe catching a lizard to eat?

I don't buy it. I don't think you can explain how any of the stuff in the ending happened without making it look even more unlikely and ridiculous.

Let them try this I wanna see

Replicant

:( God, I hate this ending.

Bowdz

Agreed. I am still a fan of Bioware using the indoctrination theory, but that would probably be a bit more substantial than closure DLC.

:( God, I hate this ending.

Hey, it's all right. If your LI is Garrus or Tali, they'll only have to mourn your loss for a few weeks until they die of starvation. If you LI is Ashley or Kaiden, then they may have a few more years or decades to relieve the horrible final moments of Shepard's life. Liara definitely has it the worst with around 900+ years to not only think about your death, but to watch as teammates and friends slowly die around her before she is left, alone, on an uninhabited world to ponder her sins. It's all really bittersweet when you think about it, just like Casey said.

DH7wK.jpg

Let them try this I wanna see

I suppose...I suppose they could say that the time Shepherd spent being fucked up after he got sucked up by the laser teleport was actually VERY long. Long enough for the fight to be over in some respects and...his crew fucked off the planet?

...although I suppose the cut scene of the troops fighting reapers only to be affected by the red/green/blue space magic blows a hole in my theory.

This is why I don't write for videogames.

sTeLioSco

Banned
The Mass Effect 3 ending: Why it is vital to the future health of games that BioWare not change it
A few moaning fanboys can be a very dangerous thing indeed
Words: David Houghton on March 23, 2012

97380ff6de6864fccdc761d09b8095b872e494f4.jpg__298x168_q85_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

I don’t know what the ending of Mass Effect 3 entails, and I don’t care. I haven’t even played Mass Effect 3 yet.
Hell, I’m still working through the first one at the moment. But despite that lack of personal contact with and investment in the issue – in fact because of that - I can already see very clearly that it is imperative that BioWare do not back down over the current fan protests. The content of the existing ending you see, is irrelevant. There are much bigger, potentially wider-reaching and longer-lasting issues at play here, and if BioWare get this wrong, it could be disastrous for games. And if you read on, I shall explain all.

First and most obvious things first. If BioWare give any ground on Mass Effect 3’s ending, the precedent set for future creativity in video game narrative will be abominable. We’re at a stage of gaming’s development right now when storytelling ambition, technology and delivery techniques are bursting out in a whole stack of exciting new directions.
Interactive narrative and creative experimentation are making breakthroughs all the time, and it feels like we’re finally at the dawn of a new era for games as a full-blown medium rather than a mere plaything. Now is absolutely the worst time that a developer of BioWare’s stature and storytelling significance should give away the creative control of one of its most significant, most narratively-driven franchises.

....etc.....

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effe...future-health-games-bioware-do-not-change-it/

another really stupid article.
at least play the game first so you don't look like an idiot!

Hugs are no longer free.

Welcome to the madness.

Prediction: two new endings added, one for paragon, one for renegade. Involve persuading/overpowering god-child and triggering the final relay shot in a way that kills the Reapers without destroying the relays. Same footage of Reapers dying and weapon firing used, different colour, cuts off before the mass relay explosion plays. Normandy racing to outrun the explosion removed, replaced with in-engine footage of Normandy docking with the Citadel, your party members and/or LI running in to find you dead or alive depending on your readiness score; if you are alive, your LI helps you to your feet and together you stagger back to the Normandy. Cut to credits. Creepy old man still plays after them. BUY DLC message removed; still dumps you unceremoniously back on the Normandy afterwards though.

No new footage showing the effect of your readiness score, no new footage showing the ground troops of various races you enlisted. Nothing new with Harby.

Someone said this tweet was fake, but I don't know. This is exactly what I expect them to do, and I hope others feel the same way.

Hope so. I saw people claiming they saw it on the official twitter feed before it was deleted.

Bowdz

The Mass Effect 3 ending: Why it is vital to the future health of games that BioWare not change it

97380ff6de6864fccdc761d09b8095b872e494f4.jpg__298x168_q85_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

I don’t know what the ending of Mass Effect 3 entails, and I don’t care. I haven’t even played Mass Effect 3 yet.
Hell, I’m still working through the first one at the moment. But despite that lack of personal contact with and investment in the issue – in fact because of that - I can already see very clearly that it is imperative that BioWare do not back down over the current fan protests. The content of the existing ending you see, is irrelevant. There are much bigger, potentially wider-reaching and longer-lasting issues at play here, and if BioWare get this wrong, it could be disastrous for games. And if you read on, I shall explain all.

First and most obvious things first. If BioWare give any ground on Mass Effect 3’s ending, the precedent set for future creativity in video game narrative will be abominable. We’re at a stage of gaming’s development right now when storytelling ambition, technology and delivery techniques are bursting out in a whole stack of exciting new directions.
Interactive narrative and creative experimentation are making breakthroughs all the time, and it feels like we’re finally at the dawn of a new era for games as a full-blown medium rather than a mere plaything. Now is absolutely the worst time that a developer of BioWare’s stature and storytelling significance should give away the creative control of one of its most significant, most narratively-driven franchises.

....etc.....

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effe...future-health-games-bioware-do-not-change-it/

Games journalism at its finest. You have to love people admitting a certain level of ignorance to the topic at hand before posting an editorial about the subject.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Replicant

....etc.....

What an idiot.

Snookie

Yep this is me all morning actually. lol. so basically the child from the beginning was actually the reaper overlord and the reapers killed their own leader. I had a romance with ashley in me1 and miranda with me2 but it didnt really seem to make a difference. There wasnt anything i could progress with miranda so i ended up with ashley by default it seemed. It seemed like way back they said there would be consequences for something like this. Guess not.

Also she loves me but decides to take off on the normandy and start a new life with joker. Ok! way to stick it out guys

Dilly

Banned
If there's one thing Hudson and Walter did right is making it very clear that gaming journalism is filled with idiots.

Yep this is me all morning actually. lol. so basically the child from the beginning was actually the reaper overlord and the reapers killed their own leader. I had a romance with ashley in me1 and miranda with me2 but it didnt really seem to make a difference. There wasnt anything i could progress with miranda so i ended up with ashley by default it seemed. It seemed like way back they said there would be consequences for something like this. Guess not.

What?

USIGSJ

....etc.....

Makes me wonder is this how game got all those perfect 10s. How many reviewers actually finished the game before giving it perfect score.

inky

Gamesomethingorother said:
I don’t know what the ending of Mass Effect 3 entails, and I don’t care. I haven’t even played Mass Effect 3 yet. But...

These fucking g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶j̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶l̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ idots, WTF.

First and most obvious things first. If BioWare give any ground on Mass Effect 3’s ending, the precedent set for future creativity in video game narrative will be abominable. We’re at a stage of gaming’s development right now when storytelling ambition, technology and delivery tech.... Blah blah ect

There are so many idiots like this guy, he wants to have an opinion but he's not willing to put time into the subject at hand so he just throws some pointless shit out there.

May as well stand up in the middle of a restaurant and shout
"I have no idea about anything, but I hate it!"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
These fucking g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶j̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶l̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ idots, WTF.

It's funny because I think a lot of people (myself included!) would react the same way without having beaten Mass Effect 3.

I figured it was just fanboys getting riled up over minor details and that the ending was just short. Boy how wrong I was.

....etc.....

http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effec...not-change-it/

I always notice that these articles always try to make it seem like the people who hate the ending are in the minority, but everywhere I've been to, reddit, youtube, forums, Amazon with it's incredibly low user rating, hates the ending, is there a big group of people that loves the ending that I haven't seen yet. Or are they assuming that everyone who likes the ending are just keeping quiet and/or don't use the internet.

Snookie

If there's one thing Hudson and Walter did right is making it very clear that gaming journalism is filled with idiots.

What?

Well, lol I honestly dont even know anymore. It was more a of dumb thought. I mean i dont really think it is, but its the same damn kid in ghost form. Why does the child take that form at the end. nevermind i'm done thinking about this.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If someone shits in a box, it doesn't matter how much 'clarity' and 'closure' there is, it's still shit in a box.

I know. But this is what I expect BioWare to do given their statements on the matter thus far as well as being the most logical response to 'closure' complaints with reasonable time and budget.

There's not going to be a whole new ending. They'll add, not subtract.

It's funny because I think a lot of people (myself included!) would react the same way without having beaten Mass Effect 3.

I figured it was just fanboys getting riled up over minor details and that the ending was just short. Boy how wrong I was.

This is why the intelligent reader actually looks at the arguments (if any).

"WTF BIOWARE SUCKZ!!!111" is something you can dismiss easily.

"I am very disappointed in the ending because of specific claims Bioware made pre-release which are not true, as well as [well documented reasons here]" is not something you can instantly dismiss.

I know. But this is what I expect BioWare to do given their statements on the matter thus far as well as being the most logical response to 'closure' complaints with reasonable time and budget.

There's not going to be a whole new ending. They'll add, not subtract.

I wouldn't be surprised because the closure point is something Bioware seems to be focusing on, instead of it being one of many huge problems with the ending.

Personally, I'm just going in with no expectations whatsoever. That way I'll be pleasantly surprised if anything good comes out of it. At this point there's no reason to think there will be.

It's normal to have preconceived notions, but a sign of maturity (as well as a sign people should listen to you) is in challenging those notions, and making sure to try and understand the other persons POV, then if you still disagree you have something worth saying that has a chance of showing people who disagree a new angel.
This guy has posted what most of us on GAF would have done if we were drunk or bored to the point of self flagellation.

That article is a new low. How can you admit that you haven't a clue what you're talking about and then write the article anyway?

If someone posted that as a throwaway comment here they'd be rightfully and relentlessly mocked.

DarkKyo

If synthesis changes everybody, they are not the same person they were before. The original people are dead, replaced with these new synthetic\organic people that are all peaceful and happy against their will. Forcing peace by changing everybody's mind and body is not actual peace.

Yes which is why the game explicitly shows characters survive the transformation completely intact and still maintain their exact relationships. You have no proof that these are "different" people.

No need to change the ending. Just accept and admit that it was one of the most terrible endings in gaming history and move on to other games.

Yes which is why the game explicitly shows characters survive the transformation completely intact and still maintain their exact relationships. You have no proof that these are "different" people.

Well, it's sort of the same idea behind what comes out of a "transporter", if such a device really existed. It breaks you down into your component parts and reassembles them at a distant location. Is it still really you, because it happens to be a perfect "copy" that happens to look like you, think like you? Is it just a murder-clone machine? So if you fundamentally alter what a person is, at the most basic level, is it still "them".

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
How can they add to that ending? How is DLC even going to work?

Top Bottom