• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Dresden

so I went to a restaurant

and got a meal

the appetizer wasn't that good

the main course was purty good

then the dessert had roaches and maggots in it

so i was like, yo

gimme a new dessert

or gimme a new refund

but then the chef was like

hey yo

stop being so

entitled

bro

you stepping on my artistic integrity?

and i knew he was right so i bowed my head in shame

and ate the bugs.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
so I went to a restaurant

and got a meal

the appetizer wasn't that good

the main course was purty good

then the dessert had roaches and maggots in it

so i was like, yo

gimme a new dessert

or gimme a new refund

but then the chef was like

hey yo

stop being so

entitled

bro

Marauder Shields told me not to eat it but noooooo I didnt listen.

I love how gamers feel so entitled that they "deserve" a refund for disliking 1% of an entire game they played. Ridiculous.

Next time I'm at a restaurant with my friends I'm going to tell them we're not paying for dinner and desert because we didn't like the cherry on top of the sundae at the end.

Next time I go to a baseball game I'm going to ask for a refund if my team loses because I don't agree with the outcome.
get-out-gif.gif

DarkKyo

Looks like I struck a chord with people who believe in getting your full money's worth then getting all your money back for some bullshit reason.

Lime

At least it would be a post with content instead of another snarky reply, which is all this thread seems to be about.

I don't know if you're referring to this particular page of the thread, but reiterating the same argument for the 546th time can be a little bit tiring.

Coxswain

You struck a chord with people who have read two threads and more than a hundred pages of simple people walking in, completely failing to grasp the points being made, responding to something that nobody ever said, and then leaning back in their chair like they just trumped the entire conversation.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You struck a chord with people who have read two threads and more than a hundred pages of simple people walking in, completely failing to grasp the points being made, responding to something that nobody ever said, and then leaning back in their chair like they just trumped the entire conversation.

You just struck my chord.

inky

Looks like I struck a chord with people who believe in getting your full money's worth then getting all your money back for some bullshit reason.

Well, restaurants eat the check all the time for bad service or bad food even after you ate it all. There's also the matter of videogames not being food, but you get the idea. Amazon offers refunds up to 30 days if the end product is not to your satisfaction Any product including other games, not just Mass Effect. In this case, people didn't like the end that much. People took advantage of that offer. There's nothing wrong with it. Move on.

DarkKyo

That's the thing, I'm not even making any arguments right now about the story, ending, etc etc. I just think the fact that some of you think you deserve a refund is hilarious. Did Bioware guarantee you'd like the ending upon purchasing their product? That's some kind of self-contrived delusion...

Even if you hate the ending you still played the entire game. Should have bowed out after the first hour if you wanted your money back.

Massa

I don't know if you're referring to this particular page of the thread, but reiterating the same argument for the 546th time can be a little bit tiring.

I've been reading the last few pages and it's just frustrating how little interesting discussion there is, that's all.

That's the thing, I'm not even making any arguments right now about the story, ending, etc etc. I just think the fact that some of you think you deserve a refund is hilarious. Did Bioware guarantee you'd like the ending upon purchasing their product? That's some kind of self-contrived delusion...

Even if you hate the ending you still played the entire game. Should have bowed out after the first hour if you wanted your money back.

who asked for a refund

I actually agree with your sentiment if people played through the whole game and are seeking a refund they are assholes. I just think throwing out analogies about it is a waste of time. People seek refunds for the most pointless stupid shit ever and companies are often willing to reimburse customers for it. When I went to Disney a few years back with a bunch of eleven of relatives for whatever reason Space Mountain kept getting shut down and on the way out my oldest cousin complained to the service person about it. You know what they did? They gave us all free tickets for the next day. One ride out of their whole park was broken and for whatever reason they gave us new tickets. That is about as unproportional as it gets.

Dresden

I actually agree with your sentiment if people played through the whole game and are seeking a refund they are assholes. I just think throwing out analogies about it is a waste of time. People seek refunds for the most pointless stupid shit ever and companies are often willing to reimburse customers for it. When I went to Disney a few years back with a bunch of eleven of relatives for whatever reason Space Mountain kept getting shut down and on the way out my oldest cousin complained to the service person about it. You know what they did? They gave us all free tickets for the next day. One ride out of their whole park was broken and for whatever reason they gave us new tickets. That is about as unproportional as it gets.

It's called . . . customer service. Companies know good word of mouth and a good experience keeps customers returning and attracts new customers.

Coxswain

Nobody's posting about how they deserve a refund.

Edit: To be clear. One guy got a refund. You're the one losing your shit and making a big point of saying that people don't deserve a refund.

DarkKyo

Nobody's posting about how they deserve a refund.

Weird how you missed this, seeing as how I quoted it and it's on this page of the thread.

So I got a refund from Amazon on the DD version after I hit the 'ending'.

Not happy at all. What happened to KOTOR, Jade Empire, or hell, ME2? Is it that hard for them to end a game/trilogy well?

Edit: To be clear. One guy got a refund. You're the one losing your shit and making a big point of saying that people don't deserve a refund.

I think it's worth discussing. I haven't lost my shit-- oh you don't even know what I'd be like if I lost my shit.

Holy shit. What did I just see?! I'm so late to this thing. I was dreading the end because I knew the controversy surrounding it but nothing could prepare me for that crazy hokey ending. It all hits you like speeding train.

DarkKyo

Holy shit. What did I just see?! I'm so late to this thing. I was dreading the end because I knew the controversy surrounding it but nothing could prepare me for that crazy hokey ending. It all hits you like speeding train.

What did you think? What option did you choose?

Lime

Another casualty. Better start reading up on all the information and arguments.

Omega

Banned
Next time I go to a baseball game I'm going to ask for a refund if my team loses because I don't agree with the outcome.

LMAO. From one bad analogy to worse.

While I wouldn't get a refund, it's clearly not even the same situation.

They advertised us a product, and it wasn't what was given to us. Sorry if you're not used to this stuff but that's called false advertisement. The customer is well within their rights to complain and/or get a refund.

DarkKyo

LMAO. From one bad analogy to worse.

While I wouldn't get a refund, it's clearly not even the same situation.

They advertised us a product, and it wasn't what was given to us. Sorry if you're not used to this stuff but that's called false advertisement. The customer is well within their rights to complain and/or get a refund.

Really? They explicitly advertised a product that had an ending that you agreed with 100% and satisfied your grand expectations down to every detail?

No, the reality is they advertised a game. Apparently since you played up until the ending the game portion of ME3 satisfied every single bullet point on the box. Don't say it was false advertising because that's a bullshit excuse for a bullshit refund.

Omega

Banned
The center path but it was all spinning out of control the second I was presented with whatever the hell that being was supposed to be. I don't want to try and make sense of it. I want to forget that it happened.

Good choice. Difficult, but possible.

Wish you the best of luck.

Top Bottom