• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Thread |OT2| Taste the Rainbow

Digoman

So, are people lying to Amazon to get a refund? Because if they aren't, what does it matter? I personally wouldn't get a refund, but if people are dissatisfied and the store want to give their money back... what's the problem?

Yeah. And just think. Your love interest is on a jungle planet. Making babies with Joker.

Don't know about that. If you choose the synthesis ending, Joker is going to have to deal with both EDI the robot and EDI the ship. And the poor guy stills limps even when infused with green space magic.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I love how gamers feel so entitled that they "deserve" a refund for disliking 1% of an entire game they played. Ridiculous.

This. It's like going to a movie and demanding a refund because you didn't like the ending. People should be embarrassed.

So, are people lying to Amazon to get a refund? Because if they aren't, what does it matter? I personally wouldn't get a refund, but if people are dissatisfied and the store want's to give their money back... what's the problem?

Don't know about that. If you choose the synthesis ending, Joker is going to have to deal with both EDI the robot and EDI the ship. And the poor guy stills limps even when infused with green space magic.

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware there was any ending besides blowing every fucking Reaper up in a giant explosion of raging justice. Because that's how Team Dai Normandy rolls.

DarkKyo

This. It's like going to a movie and demanding a refund because you didn't like the ending. People should be embarrassed.

Apparently 95% of this thread disagrees with us.

I don't know how GAF can be against piracy but be for stupid bullshit like this which is essentially pretty similar. Not paying for a product yet gleefully consuming the entire product.

Cagey

Banned
I'm on my phone. Someone link the image where Casey Hudson says there aren't going to be 3 choices.

xUq9t.png

Hey they worked hard on the different effects regarding what happens to the reapers. In one ending they explode!

In Silent Hill 2, James can throw himself into a lake, hook up with the mental visualization of a stripper who resembles his dead wife, try to rebirth his dead wife with a crazy ritual, get the hell out of Dodge, meet dog-God or be abducted by Harry Mason and his marauding band of space men. All of this based on "choices" that are so subtly integrated that they spit on the very mention of a dialogue wheel.

But I guess standards have changed.

I'm on my phone. Someone link the image where Casey Hudson says there aren't going to be 3 choices.

Casey Hudson said:
"This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C"

Omega

Banned
Really? They explicitly advertised a product that had an ending that you agreed with 100% and satisfied your grand expectations down to every detail?

No, the reality is they advertised a game. Apparently since you played up until the ending the game portion of ME3 satisfied every single bullet point on the box. Don't say it was false advertising because that's a bullshit excuse for a bullshit refund.

Yes. They advertised a game where my decisions matter. Where every decision I make would have an impact. They advertised how the ending wouldn't simply be A, B or C because it wouldn't do the series justice. They advertised how the ending wouldn't be ONE ending that everyone gets.

Yet guess what? No decision matters. All it does is make my green bar fill up faster. That's it.

Know what else? The ending was simply A, B or C. On top of that? It's pretty much the same ending with just different flavor of space magic.

Shepard dies, the Reapers are dealt with, all the Mass Relays are destroyed and your crewmates abandoned you to visit jungle world.

Sorry, that's false advertisement. You promised us a product and gave us nothing that resembles all your promises.

I can't believe they spent all the effort to create a universe that was somewhat grounded with it's own physical laws and they decided to end it with magical robowaves that transforms everything to cyborgs.

Really? They explicitly advertised a product that had an ending that you agreed with 100% and satisfied your grand expectations down to every detail?

No, the reality is they advertised a game. Apparently since you played up until the ending the game portion of ME3 satisfied every single bullet point on the box. Don't say it was false advertising because that's a bullshit excuse for a bullshit refund.

They advertised either directly or indirectly a game in which our whole choice tree from ME1 onward would have an effect on the end game, Which its clearly didnt. Your end game is decided by walking left right or forward and how big a number is, the latter of which has very little to no effect depending on what ending you decide.

Please please please tell me what my choice to keep the collector ship or my choice to kill the rachni or even fucking destroy the genophage cure or quarians actually did in the end?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware there was any ending besides blowing every fucking Reaper up in a giant explosion of raging justice. Because that's how Team Dai Normandy rolls.

The same team that abandoned you and then crashed on some random planet.

We rollin'!

I can't believe they spent all the effort to create a universe that was somewhat grounded with it's own physical laws and they decided to end it with magical robowaves that transforms everything to cyborgs.

I suggest you go back and choose the "Destroy" (Red / Anderson) ending. It will still suck. But it'll suck less than your aptly described "robowaves" (lol)

The same team that abandoned you and then crashed on some random planet.

We rollin'!

GOD DAMNIT BIOWARE.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

The less Drew got involved, the more things seemed to spiral out of control.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
No, it's actually not like that at all.

Yes, it's exactly like that. God, the level of entitlement to demand a refund is just astounding. And I say that as someone who hated the ending.

I don't know how GAF can be against piracy but be for stupid bullshit like this which is essentially pretty similar. Not paying for a product yet gleefully consuming the entire product.

Agreed. I'm completely astounded.

They advertised either directly or indirectly a game in which our whole choice tree from ME1 onward would have an effect on the end game, Which its clearly didnt. Your end game is decided by walking left right or forward and how big a number is, the latter of which has very little to no effect depending on what ending you decide.

Please please please tell me what my choice to keep the collector ship or my choice to kill the rachni or even fucking destroy the genophage cure or quarians actually did in the end?

IIRC, keeping the Collector Base should give you 10 extra points on your green bar.

Cagey

Banned
Apparently 95% of this thread disagrees with us.

I strongly advise you to take more time to evaluate the next analogy that pops into your head. They're getting progressively worse.

Yes, it's exactly like that. God, the level of entitlement to demand a refund is just astounding. And I say that as someone who hated the ending.

It's impossible to take a post seriously that includes the buzzword pejorative ("entitlement"). Reconsider your wording.

Except that's totally possible and movie theaters will honor that. If I ordered food and found something disgusting at the bottom of the plate, I'd return it in a heart beat. If I ordered a commissioned painting and there was something unsatisfying about the final product, I'd ask for touch ups.

How is this any different? Stop being angry at people caring. We're not asking for this for no reason, we're asking because we like the series and want the ending to adhere to the same level of quality the rest of the games stood for.

Entitlement is a neutral word. You are giving it a negative connotation.

Its definition: Give (someone) a legal right or a just claim to receive or do something.

In the case of being a consumer having purchased a product that you don't feel was as advertised, you are exercising your rights in a free market capitalistic society (re: entitlement) to ask for a refund.

Rapstah

Oh okay, they said "we will satisfy you with our ending, Rapstah. We know what you specifically want and we're doing that"?

No, but they also straight down lied about A/B/C endings and splitting the possibilities because they had no need to tie it together again for the next game, so I was at least not expecting those two to be done all the way. They said they would not do things and did them anyway: that's comparable to saying things and not doing them.

But then again I'm not everyone, and I'm not returning my copy to Amazon even though I could.

danwarb

The ending itself was stupid in a lot of ways, but a lot of games have stupid endings, that part I can accept. What made it feel like a ripoff by Bioware was how trivial the branches really are, in a franchise that up until that point always placed an incredibly huge emphasis on choice. I laughed out loud when I youtubed the other endings afterwards and found out that all three ending cinematics are 90% the same, just with a different colored explosion. That's just insulting. Why does the blue control-explosion evaporate the reapers floating in space? Why doesn't anything happen to anyone in the synthesis ending? And why is any of it impacted by your galactic readiness? It's clear that they just wrote a single Destroy ending and then hastily cooked up a few alternatives at the last minute.

Hey, you get to choose the fate of the galaxy, red, green or blue, on top of all your other choices.

I can't agree with the meaningless choices complaint though. A lot of characters survive or they don't and parts of the game can play out very differently. The Galaxy being left the way it was after stopping the Reapers was fine. As was the idea of a final decision to control/destroy/whatever.

I'm all for them clearing up the holes, spelling it all out and making it all make sense. They don't need to change the outcome.

DarkKyo

In Silent Hill 2, James can throw himself into a lake, hook up with the mental visualization of a stripper who resembles his dead wife, try to rebirth his dead wife with a crazy ritual, get the hell out of Dodge, meet dog-God or be abducted by Harry Mason and his marauding band of space men. All of this based on "choices" that are so subtly integrated that they spit on the very mention of a dialogue wheel.

But I guess standards have changed.

Dude I was being facetious in that post :/

Joker's hat? Dude, EDI becomes DOUBLE synthetic. Her hair gets the glowing green circuitry too.

Sup dawg, I heard you like synthetics, so we put...

Actually from what I understand EDI becomes half organic.

In my save, where he lived, the shuttle crashed and Shepard did not make a sound. Instead the subtitles said "Shepard: Steve!". I didn't have subtitles on otherwise for the part. This happens every time.

I know it's a couple pages old but this happened to me as well (among other glitches). There is a distinct lack of polish compared to ME2. I played through that game 4 times and I don't think I ever ran into a single glitch.

Digoman

What? No love for the green-space-magic that transform even the trees on the planet? I'm shocked!

Rapstah

I know it's a couple pages old but this happened to me as well (among other glitches). There is a distinct lack of polish compared to ME2. I played through that game 4 times and I don't think I ever ran into a single glitch.

Not even Liara's computer screens? One third of the time they would face her because she was at the computer, one third they would face me, and one third they would face the direction I was facing.

Cagey

Banned

That's what the Starchild insinuates, but the ending animation features EDI's hair helmet having gained the same odd green circuitry that Joker, Joker's hat and tree leaves all gained.

Which doesn't mean EDI is doubly synthetic now, or that she's not partly organic, contradicting Starchild. It mainly suggests laziness on the developer's part.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

He is joking cause she literally uses the same circuitry texture to show she is part organic as they do to show Joker is synthetic.

Rapstah

That's what the Starchild insinuates, but the ending animation features EDI's hair helmet having gained the same odd green circuitry that Joker, Joker's hat and tree leaves all gained.

Organic electronics are a thing we'll hit in about fifty years in real life. Not that it'll look like green wires on everything.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Except that's totally possible and movie theaters will honor that. If I ordered food and found something disgusting at the bottom of the plate, I'd return it in a heart beat. If I ordered a commissioned painting and there was something unsatisfying about the final product, I'd ask for touch ups.

How is this any different? Stop being angry at people caring. We're not asking for this for no reason, we're asking because we like the series and want the ending to adhere to the same level of quality the rest of the games stood for.

I'm not angry. I just think it's hilariously entitled and that people who are asking for a refund should be embarrassed for asking the retailer to take the hit. Also I've never been to a theater that will let you sit through the entire movie and then get a refund. I've also never been to a restaurant that will let you eat the entire meal and then let you walk out without paying since you didn't like the way dessert tasted.

DarkKyo

Which doesn't mean EDI is doubly synthetic now, or that she's not partly organic, contradicting Starchild. It mainly suggests laziness on the developer's part.

That only means that Joker and EDI both have the quality of half organic/half synthetic though, it does not make EDI double-synthetic as that doesn't even make any fucking sense. Pardon my french.

I'm not angry. I just think it's hilariously entitled and that people who are asking for a refund should be embarrassed for asking the retailer to take the hit. Also I've never been to a theater that will let you sit through the entire movie and then get a refund. I've also never been to a restaurant that will let you eat the entire meal and then let you walk out without paying since you didn't like the way dessert tasted.

This is a man who gets it.

Dresden

I'm not angry. I just think it's hilariously entitled and that people who are asking for a refund should be embarrassed for asking the retailer to take the hit.

Except . . . Amazon chose to honor it. And has done so for other games.

Maybe you should go tell them that they're entitling the hilarious entitlement of gamers.

I thought the section where you had a chance to talk to all of the major characters at the London base was a great set up. I'll just try to pretend my Shepard died on the way to the Citadel and Garrus managed to finish the job. There was no child god that made him choose between 3 shitty endings. The Reapers just blew the fuck up in the best fireworks show the Milkyway has ever seen.

Cagey

Banned
That only means that Joker and EDI both have the quality of half organic/half synthetic though, it does not make EDI double-synthetic as that doesn't even make any fucking sense. Pardon my french.

See this poster's response.

He is joking cause she literally uses the same circuitry texture to show she is part organic as they do to show Joker is synthetic.

It's a joke to reference the laziness in animation.

What part of EDI is organic? HER ROBO WOMB?

How does the space magic differentiate between Synthetics and like, the robot arm that manufactures cars in a factory. Are they now alive, screaming like Dumpy the Wasteman?

kfY7Q.jpg

Top Bottom