• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Upload her, then go to https://masseffectarchives.com/en_US/

I believe you can import her from there then make the necessary changes. You'll need to start a new game, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Yeah, it's not the fixing her that's the issue, it's the having to start the game over again. Bleh. I'm having Flashbacks to when I spent three hours trying to re-create my Shepard in Mass Effect 3, just looping through character creation -> begin game -> get annoyed by minor detail -> restart character creation.

I guess I'll have to live with her unfortunate eyelid deformity.

I've had that issue with npc's.

Lovely.

Question for folks who are deeper into the game.

If i chose to go to
Voeld instead of Havarl in A Trail of Hope, does the main quest ever send me back to Havarl or do I have to do the zone independent of the main story?

Reszo

So I'm not sure if this was a bug or not but Ryder didn't make a comment about it so possibly.

You know how you can watch Alec's memories from Sam node? Well the third memory of the Ryder Clan meeting my sibling was invisible and not talking, but they were talking to her like she was there. Was this a bug or...

Question for folks who are deeper into the game.

If i chose to go to
Voeld instead of Havarl in A Trail of Hope, does the main quest ever send me back to Havarl or do I have to do the zone independent of the main story?
Yes, you're free to go to
both planets at will. The main story will actually take you to both anyway.

So I'm not sure if this was a bug or not but Ryder didn't make a comment about it so possibly.

You know how you can watch Alec's memories from Sam node? Well the third memory of the Ryder Clan meeting my sibling was invisible but they were talking to her like she was there. Was this a bug or...
Had the exact same bug, it was really freaky.

DeaDPo0L84

I crafted a weapon augmentation but see it nowhere under the development section. Is it glitched or is there a step im missing?

Trickster

Completed it, there are some things about about this ending that really irks me.

the Archon seemed like he could have been interesting. But man, he just turns into the most generic villain by the end, litterally just yelling the most dumbass villain sentences at you during the last fight.

Still have no idea what's up with the "Scourge", or who made it.

No idea who the mysterious benefactor is.

There's a weird dichotomy to this game. There's a lot of carefully placed puzzles and platforming sections and similar but at the same time many of the environments are very unrefined. I've come across floating rocks and roots from trees in so many areas, common areas.

I can only assume someone stopped giving them time to iron everything out or just wanted to be done with it. Otherwise the game can only be described as somewhat amateurish.

ViciousDS

Banned
The open world and quest design is so jarring after the amazing experiences from other games that have released in the last few years. How do you make the hinterlands even look enjoyable.......god these quests suck

There's a weird dichotomy to this game. There's a lot of carefully placed puzzles and platforming sections and similar but at the same time many of the environments are very unrefined. I've come across floating rocks and roots from trees in so many areas, common areas.

I can only assume someone stopped giving them time to iron everything out or just wanted to be done with it. Otherwise the game can only be described as somewhat amateurish.
I wouldn't say amateurish but it clearly needed more time and more polish. That said there seems to be quite a number of basic mistakes and flaws that really shouldn't be in a AAA game these days. It has all the signs of languishing for months (years?) in development hell.

Jaraghan

The open world and quest design is so jarring after the amazing experiences from other games that have released in the last few years. How do you make the hinterlands even look enjoyable.......god these quests suck
Yeah I'm really not a fan of a lot of the quests I am getting.

I wouldn't say amateurish but it clearly needed more time and more polish. That said there seems to be quite a number of basic mistakes and flaws that really shouldn't be in a AAA game these days. It has all the signs of languishing for months (years?) in development hell.
That's what I meant. If there was no pressure to release it now from management then I'd call Bioware all sorts of names. It's truly a missed chance as some segments of the game are really well done but there's many more that just lack polish and not the final polish but serious refinement.

hydruxo

The whole R&D crafting system is entirely too convoluted for its own good. I shouldn't have to buy the lower tier blueprints of items if I already have a higher tier version of that item.

Meowster

I love coming back aboard the Tempest and hearing all the new conversations between my squad. One of my favorite features of the game. It's nice that they aren't just static in one room like all the previous games. Banter is aces.

Why is the N7 armor specialized for biotics? I'm no biotics. :/

Is there some kind of armor redesign or something like that in this game? Like use the stats from armor A but appearance of armor B.

WHAT.

FIFTY HOURS IN AND I DIDNT KNOW I COULD WARP FROM NOMAD TO SHIP

Lol. I learend it accidentally on my first ride with the nomad on Eos.

I tried every button and holding triangle button brought me back to Tempest.

I love coming back aboard the Tempest and hearing all the new conversations between my squad. One of my favorite features of the game. It's nice that they aren't just static in one room like all the previous games. Banter is aces.

Indeed.

Tempest > all Normandy

Spent almost an hour making the Ryder siblings and the game crashes right as I hit confirm.

Yeah I don't really want to do all that again...

Argh it didn't have time to import the character data!!! This sucks.

I'm enjoying myself, but I'm having a hard time finding that hook. Part of it is definitely down to this being Bioware's take on Star Trek TOS. The stakes are high, but I've yet to feel that the kett or Remnant are anything more than a nuisance.

Hopefully that's picks up. I've only done Eos and Voeld thus far.

LNBL

Oh jesus, just checked my stats and I've already put in 50 hours. Just finished the Trail of hope mission and doing the side quests on Voeld now.

Dany

Banned
Kinda funny. The conversations are totally written by millennial and for millennial. Except you know, this game is set in the future. Most of the conversations land imo.

I used to hate running around the Normandy checking to see if there were new conversations only to hear the same dialogue over and over

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Yeah it's so good!

Lime

I'm still so sad that Bioware couldn't manage to make more than one Asari face for the asari in this game (except for PeeBee) - it becomes especially jarring in this sequence:

click for images
lhhqEWH

asariface1hsje.jpg

I honestly wonder where all the assets are and what Bioware was doing for those five years. The tools and pipeline and project management must have been borked

Zesh

The amount of unnecessary running around required to complete some of these side quests is such a waste of time. It's annoying when each quest requires you to visit 3 different worlds, especially when you have to suffer through the needlessly long galaxy map animations every single time. I guess they felt they needed to pad the game length.

ugh that's my third infinite loading screen and i'm not even on the second planet yet

is this xbox version busted, i have the disc, should i have uninstalled the trial digital version or something?

X-Frame

Despite having a 4K TV, I would prefer a 1080p/60 fps Performance mode on the PS4 Pro. Way too many times the game stutters when loading while driving around in the Nomad, or just dropping to like 10 fps in some hectic combat situations.

It feels just like Xbox 360 ME1 over again sometimes in combat, ridiculous.

Roussow

The amount of unnecessary running around required to complete some of these side quests is such a waste of time. It's annoying when each quest requires you to visit 3 different worlds, especially when you have to suffer through the needlessly long galaxy map animations every single time. I guess they felt they needed to pad the game length.

If I end up doing any of those quests, I'm throwing on a second screen or a podcast and will just go mopping up planets. Otherwise I'll stick to the main quests and ally quests.

Madness

I'm still so sad that Bioware couldn't manage to make more than one Asari face for the asari in this game (except for PeeBee) - it becomes especially jarring in this sequence:

click for images
lhhqEWH

asariface1hsje.jpg

I honestly wonder where all the assets are and what Bioware was doing for those five years. The tools and pipeline and project management must have been borked

I was looking for a good picture of the current Asari to make a similar post. Compare and contrast ME1 with people like Liara and Matriach Benezia and then you have ME2 with Morinth and Samara and Aria T'Loak and all sorts of variety and diversity. Andromeda is like one Asari outside of PeeBee all differentiated with face paint or markings. Even the human NPC's are too similar especially the bartender/merchants.

Vamphuntr

If I end up doing any of those quests, I'm throwing on a second screen or a podcast and will just go mopping up planets. Otherwise I'll stick to the main quests and ally quests.

Peebee's loyalty missions requires running around many worlds. If you do Addison's personal quest you need an outpost on each open world map which requires long quest chains. It's not a game that respects your time much.

It's really like DAI, very little story content with tons of padding and running around.

Lime

I was looking for a good picture of the current Asari to make a similar post. Compare and contrast ME1 with people like Liara and Matriach Benezia and then you have ME2 with Morinth and Samara and Aria T'Loak and all sorts of variety and diversity. Andromeda is like one Asari outside of PeeBee all differentiated with face paint or markings. Even the human NPC's are too similar especially the bartender/merchants.

Honestly how can you only have one single face for an entire species in a five year long game? One face?! How? It's like they shipped the placeholder version.

Ugh, I get so sad that Mass Effect was the victim of whatever has happened the last five years :'(

Top Bottom