• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

X-Frame

Looking forward to impressions of SP and MP balanced changes. Is Bio-Converter and/or Life Support nerfed? Unchanged?

Any changes to Research and Development?

What is the current base Inventory stat?

dubq

The Angara have seen humans for a year before that point.

And no, it doesn't ever get to reaper level, but that's alright in my opinion. The overarching goal and feel of this game is different. The reaper thing was cool for a trilogy, but I personally wanted something different. This game is much much better with feeling like the little quests you do aren't completely wacky because of the impending doom.

Ah, okay that makes a bit more sense then with the Angara.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much enjoying the game. I guess I just need to shift my expectations a bit. ;)

Kuldar

The task Remnant Data Core just appeared in my sidequests list after the patch... great... I hope I haven't miss some of them.

pmj

The task Remnant Data Core just appeared in my sidequests list after the patch... great... I hope I haven't miss some of them.

Yeah, is that new? I finished the game and I'm apparently at 6 of 9 cores. I'm thinking of postponing my NG+ playthrough until I do this one since it's Peebee-related.

Also I gotta do 20 sudoku puzzles, without knowing which ones I've done and which might be missing. Great.

X-Frame

Not sure about the base, but inventory Space shot up from 80->200 for me (I have both Inventory Pods).

Also, they changed the playable APEX Missions icons a bit. Looks...smaller?

Wow. So maybe the base is 100 and each upgrade gives +50.

I certainly don't see myself having 100+ of stuff so maybe I can saw those Cryo Pod upgrades for NG+.

JBwB

Finished main story...
How in the world have they not run into a single Jardann or however you spell it?!

The scourge specifically targets the Jardaan. From that it can be assumed they either fled the system or were wiped out.

I finished the story, and the Ryder Family Secrets quest is still glitched for me. It says I still need to access one more memory, but I know for a fact that I haven't missed one. If I have the quest highlighted there is no orange indicator showing where the objective is, either. I think what happened was I did the Jien Garson stuff before I found the last memory for what ever reason, since it seems like that is the last part of the quest.

JW1Vbc8.png

X-Frame

I finished the story, and the Ryder Family Secrets quest is still glitched for me. It says I still need to access one more memory, but I know for a fact that I haven't missed one. If I have the quest highlighted there is no orange indicator showing where the objective is, either. I think what happened was I did the Jien Garson stuff before I found the last memory for what ever reason, since it seems like that is the last part of the quest.

I had 1 more remaining too and it didn't show on any planet as an orange selected quest, but turns out I did miss one on Havarl. It didn't even show as a possible quest when I flew to the planet. It wasn't until I actually landed did the quest pop up and it show where I missed.

Drewfonse

Just bought it on PSN. Can anyone give me an estimate of how far into the game I can play on 12GB DL which lets you start the game? A few hours?

I have this evening off, and I'd like to play a few hours, but 43GB ain't happening too soon....

emag

Just bought it on PSN. Can anyone give me an estimate of how far into the game I can play on 12GB DL which lets you start the game? A few hours?

I have this evening off, and I'd like to play a few hours, but 43GB ain't happening too soon....

I'd imagine the full download would be necessary before the patches are applied. But I could be wrong.

Anyone care to explain how saves work with New Game Plus? I refuse to start a new game using an existing character if it overrides the saves from my first playthrough. Also how does it differentiate saves with characters that have identical names?

Wow the final mission was really cool. In a way, it's what I wanted from the mass effect 3 final act.

With everyone you've helped throughout the game actually showing up and fighting during cutscenes.

I'd probably give the game an 8/10. Definitely enjoyed my time with it despite the problems.

Ovek

7Member7

Check all the "levels" on your map on Havarl one is in a cave, I missed it you never know.

X-Frame

What's the best boss killing build?

Something like Tactical Cloak / Turbocharge / Invasion

???

And then something like a Bio-Converter Isharay, with points in Combat passives.

Anyone care to explain how saves work with New Game Plus? I refuse to start a new game using an existing character if it overrides the saves from my first playthrough. Also how does it differentiate saves with characters that have identical names?

It doesn't override your first save profile. If you opt for the same name, your new game+ save profile will be set as that Ryder's name with a (1) next to it. You can also change the look of your Ryder if you want to. Everything aside from AVP points carries over.

deafmedal

It creates a new save from the profile you beat the game with (last save I believe), no over write. Not too sure about same names as I went with Sara for ng+, I reckon you'd have to go by date... maybe it puts a number in parentheses?
beaten like the dead horse animation situation

It was on Kadara, lol.

Also, major spoilers for finishing that quest (Ryder Family Secrets):

Welp hearing the last log from Liara nearly wrecked me. Was not prepared for that.

Madness

What's the best boss killing build?

Something like Tactical Cloak / Turbocharge / Invasion

???

And then something like a Bio-Converter Isharay, with points in Combat passives.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOj_MzEJ3Ts

Guy is able to take down Destroyer in like 10 seconds. Nullifiers in like 3 seconds, Fiend in like 5 seconds. Just crazy. Turns his Piranha shotgun into a super fast firing plasma homing beast. Maybe something else better but I was impressed with this.

aliengmr

Did you check Havarl? I missed that one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any point in bringing the person you romanced on your missions? Any special banter I could be missing?

Is there any point in bringing the person you romanced on your missions? Any special banter I could be missing?

There is some (for certain characters) yes. I loaded up the game today and drove around Eladaan with Cora and Peebee. After a discussion between the two about
Peebee's interest in Jaal
Cora told Peebee that "I've already got my eyes on a special someone".

I liked it.

Guy is able to take down Destroyer in like 10 seconds. Nullifiers in like 3 seconds, Fiend in like 5 seconds. Just crazy. Turns his Piranha shotgun into a super fast firing plasma homing beast. Maybe something else better but I was impressed with this.

Yeah the Piranha can hold its own against bosses. Turbocharge with the 60% clip increase upgrade turns it into a gatling gun that does insane DPS. Lol. Even if you run out of ammo, you can use turbocharge as many times as you want to give you a free clip that has the 60% increase bonus applied. Apply mods that increase size of spare clip and damage, along with bioconverter...you're pretty unstoppable.

I'm torn between the Piranha and Dhan Shotgun, but the former just feels much more satisfying to use. Haha.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I used to like flying the Tempest around the star map. Since the patch, I've got an ugly "skip" icon on my screen every time I fly to a new planet...

Madness

I used to like flying the Tempest around the star map. Since the patch, I've got an ugly "skip" icon on my screen every time I fly to a new planet...

It is a heavy handed approach to criticism. Best option would have been an autoskip option to be toggled on in menus. That way those who want to skip don't also have to press it every time and it doesn't ruin the traversal cinematics for everyone else either.

UltraMav

It is a heavy handed approach to criticism. Best option would have been an autoskip option to be toggled on in menus. That way those who want to skip don't also have to press it every time and it doesn't ruin the traversal cinematics for everyone else either.

Yeah, I thought it would be in the options menu. But, better than nothing, I suppose.

X-Frame

Yeah this is a great build. A lot of his skills and passives are what I have now except for a few minor differences.

I still don't think I'll give up my Dhan though. Maybe after I've got a Dhan X and have leftover research I'll give it a shot.

Yeah the Piranha can hold its own against bosses. Turbocharge with the 60% clip increase upgrade turns it into a gatling gun that does insane DPS. Lol. Even if you run out of ammo, you can use turbocharge as many times as you want to give you a free clip that has the 60% increase bonus applied. Apply mods that increase size of spare clip and damage, along with bioconverter...you're pretty unstoppable.

I'm torn between the Piranha and Dhan Shotgun, but the former just feels much more satisfying to use. Haha.

You can use his exact build but with the Dhan and a Bio-Converter and I imagine that the damage once all the skill weapon damage bonuses are applied to be almost, if not over 3,000 a shot.

I'm personally going to shoot for a Dhan X and Isharay X, both with Bio-Converters.

But I agree that the Dhan lacks the real *power* behind its shot, like for instance the Claymore. Imagine a Claymore with the Bio-Converter?!
*shudders*

RAIDEN1

June the 4th can't come soon enough to see the state of play with this game, in terms of how patched up is it to what the game the game SHOULD have been in March..

Megasoum

Banned
The option to remove helmets during conversations is fine but I wish it would actually adapt to the environnement.

Like if you're on a planet where the atmosphere is safe you don't have your helmet.

It looks dumb to run around town with your helmet.

Also I just got to Harval and I can't see shit lol

Stiler

After the new patch man, my squad talks SO MUCH now. Literally everytime I get out of the nomad and back in it a new conversation starts.

Sorry if this is something that's been answered/dealt with before, but I'm trying to avoid anything being spoiled for me and looking through the thread is pretty much a minefield, regardless of search terms.

My game (PS4 base version) runs like this [early-mid game character and location spoilers] often. Note the difference when panning towards the wall vs the buildings.

Are intrusive frame skipping and half-second freezes a normal occurrence? I know the game has issues, but I'm not finding a lot of specific mentions when it comes to performance. The catch-all seems to be "framerate issues".

Drewfonse

Bought it and played up until landing on Eos. I'm finding it really engaging. And it looks pretty great on the Pro/4k. It looks much better than the Xbox One EA Access demo I played.

I'm impressed so far.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just landed on
Meridian
. How many main missions do I have left including this one?

Bought it and played up until landing on Eos. I'm finding it really engaging. And it looks pretty great on the Pro/4k. It looks much better than the Xbox One EA Access demo I played.

I'm impressed so far.

If you're already enjoying it, you're in for a treat. I found the game pretty rubbish until after you first leave Eos, which is when the game really comes into it's own.

Top Bottom