• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Dantero

What the hell. I thought people were joking when they said the sex scenes' animations look better than the rest of the game. But it's almost like an entirely different studio made them.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What the hell. I thought people were joking when they said the sex scenes' animations look better than the rest of the game. But it's almost like an entirely different studio made them.

They probably didn't want people to make fun of awkward sex scenes.

Instead people are making fun of awkward normal scenes.

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

I guess?

Rellik

No it doesn't Dragon Age Inquisition is the only other Bioware game on Xbox One and that game is fixed 900P with really solid 30FPS.

I meant Frostbite, but he asked about resolution and this runs at 900p on the Xbox One just like DA:I and most other Frostbite games. So I don't think they'll patch it to up that to 1080p since that seems to be the norm for Frostbite on Xbox.

Framerate is a slightly different answer of course.

styl3s

So if i start my game on EA access today and buy the origin PC code through amazon once the game unlocks i can just keep playing my save?

Catdaddy

So if i start my game on EA access today and buy the origin PC code through amazon once the game unlocks i can just keep playing my save?

They say the EA Access saves remain, so I would think yes... you would just be authenticating the game with the code, wouldn't think it would wipe the saves,

Tovarisc

I suppose in theory. Although its still dumb they dont give cd keys until "release" for digital games.

They use it as attempt to guide people into Origin and do direct purchase from there. GamesPlanet talked about it little bit when they explained why they have hard time getting MEA keys, EA is holding back and pushing Origin.

Edit: Actually doesn't apply to GMG in this case. GMG is using 3rd party sourcing.

styl3s

They use it as attempt to guide people into Origin and do direct purchase from there. GamesPlanet talked about it little bit when they explained why they have hard time getting MEA keys, EA is holding back and pushing Origin.

Edit: Actually doesn't apply to GMG in this case. GMG is using 3rd party sourcing.
Is this for specific sites? I assume if i buy the digital code from Amazon i can immediately redeem it.

They say the EA Access saves remain, so I would think yes... you would just be authenticating the game with the code, wouldn't think it would wipe the saves,
Awesome.

Its definitely smart by EA, it just sucks for customers. Forced to pay a premium to play at release (in NA)

Roussow

So how does the relationship stuff work? It is the traditional Mass Effect style continue to woo one character until you reach a sex scene? Does it only allow one relationship per playthrough? Or is it more fluid than the old games?

So how does the relationship stuff work? It is the traditional Mass Effect style continue to woo one character until you reach a sex scene? Does it only allow one relationship per playthrough? Or is it more fluid than the old games?
It'll likely be like every other mass effect game. You shouldn't expect better.

styl3s

Not sure. I just know they are shafting GamesPlanet UK over by holding keys back until very close to 23rd.
Amazon is saying at midnight on PC but available now on PS4/XB1? What the fuck is this shit? Wanted to play today since i have Amazon credit >.<

This really chaps my ass.

B00TE

Waiting not so patiently for the VPN unlock time. Used the last of my trial time last night to have a character all ready and waiting for me to just jump right in.

kosmologi

Wow, the difference is really noticeable. Sad that the rest is so mediocre, takes away so much of the immersion.

Man, reviews + impressions are really getting me down. I put off buying Horizon to get this instead, now regretting that decision.

Still will wait for some more impressions from GAF, who I trust more than reviewers.

Schlorgan

Don't have a Switch or a PS4, so this is my big game until Shadow of War.

Liked what I played in the trial so I'm pretty confident I'll get my money's worth out of it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does anyone know if Gamestop are doing a 9PM or Midnight launch for this game tonight ?

Dominator

My wife loved ME1, enjoyed ME2 a lot, and hated ME3. With such information where might one expect her to fall on MEA?
Does she care about animations or jank? This game is more like ME1 than any of the others but still different in ways. The story and the characters are worse so if that's why she loved them she might not enjoy it.

But, she also might love it. Gotta take the risk to find out lol

Does she care about animations or jank? This game is more like ME1 than any of the others but still different in ways. The story and the characters are worse so if that's why she loved them she might not enjoy it.

But, she also might love it. Gotta take the risk to find out lol
No. Story, characters, and quality of the role-playing aspects are the most important to her.

No. Story, characters, and quality of the role-playing aspects are the most important to her.
Game isn't out yet, so we can't really know yet. I've heard lots of praise for the characters, but less positive things too. If you're on PC or Xbox One, I'd recommend the EA access trial first, just to be sure

Top Bottom