• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

nOoblet16

Game will be out in South Korea in 1 hour btw, so you can use VPN to unlock it on PC.

cFrqC1C.jpg

Lister

Banned
Reposting this here because my question is getting buried under Shinobi nonsense in the review thread:

Anyone who reviewed/played the game: can you tell me about narrative agency here? Is it comparable to the ME's? Better/worse? Do choices matter? Do they impact subplots, the main plot, the ending, the world?

I'm not interested in a Horizon:ZD action adventure game or jrpg where asking NPC's 5 questions while the story carries out in exactly the same way no matter what, is what amounts to RPG narrative. If that's dead too, I'm pulling the cord and getting a refund.

RS4-

UoeGIET.jpg

Remember, there are rarities/tiers for weapons and armor.

I think it's just common (silver border), rare (gold), and ultra rare. Got the valk, but there's some semi auto ultra rare rifle too. I've seen the shotgun ones but ehh, not a fan of them.

I think the Krogan hammer is just a rare, does 400 melee.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't wait to play this game and judge it for myself. I never have huge expections for video game storywriting(unless it's absolutely terrible, like the kind you'll see in a shit horror movie filled with young dumb adults), so we'll see.

Kawngi

Ordered from cdkeys but key won't be coming until 'within 24 hours of the UK release on the 23rd'.

Unfortunately for me, I live in the US so RIP launch day gaming for me!

Replicant

And the two exclusively homosexual LIs (
Suvi and Gil
) are both the ones with character creator faces (which I think was already the case in ME3), whereas most of the LIs for straight Scott have got unique faces. Not to mention that only one of the male gay LIs is a squadmate (and squadmates obviously get way more dialogue than other NPCs), whereas it's two female gay LIs, two straight male LIs and three straight female LIs. Of course, it's somewhat understandable that heterosexual males get preferential treatment seeing as that's their main demographic and also that, by extension, lesbian romances get a bit more attention than male gay ones but it can still feel a bit frustrating IMO.

Wait,you can create their faces? I mean Gil and Suvi?

Ordered from cdkeys but key won't be coming until 'within 24 hours of the UK release on the 23rd'.

Yeah I ordered from cdkeys as well, but I just cancelled it last night.

Question to any who has refunded from cdkeys before, how long does it usually take to get your money back?

sueil

Well less than an hour until it unlocks in Asia on Origin so this will be fun. I refunded my gmg preorder and bought it on origin instead. This was probably a mistake.

emag

Reposting this here because my question is getting buried under Shinobi nonsense in the review thread:

Anyone who reviewed/played the game: can you tell me about narrative agency here? Is it comparable to the ME's? Better/worse? Do choices matter? Do they impact subplots, the main plot, the ending, the world?

I'm not interested in a Horizon:ZD action adventure game or jrpg where asking NPC's 5 questions while the story carries out in exactly the same way no matter what, is what amounts to RPG narrative. If that's dead too, I'm pulling the cord and getting a refund.

Well...

GameSpot said:
Worse still, your agency in these conversations is limited. Sure, you can periodically select from up to four dialogue options, but these frequently boil down to "be optimistic" or "be realistic." On paper, this system improves over the rigid renegade/paragon dichotomy of the original series, but in practice, the various options felt only superficially different. And regardless of what I picked, my inputs only rarely impacted the outcome. Even when I tried to be rude, characters generally found a way to shrug it off. And after beating the campaign, I can only recall one major decision that had serious repercussions, and even that felt contrived. It also paled in comparison to the memorably gut-wrenching choices forced on me in the original games.

Matush

Got 2 questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

How many explorable worlds are there? Several people mentioned 7, is this number true?

Also, how balanced is multiplayer if you are playing alone or with 1-2 more players?

Cornbread78

Fucking A. Thanks. I have my copy pre ordered as well but no call or messages like that :(

Call your local store and see what they are doing. The new manager at my local store is pretty cool and outgoing, so she could be more proactive than other store managers.

Hey guys, can anyone tells me what's the cheapest place where I can buy this game and play it tomorrow (PC)? It looks like most places are sending their codes on Wednesday.

ironcreed

Banned
It has.

God I keep flip flopping from wanting the game now to hating it. I feel so bipolar right now XD

Just go with your gut, despite what others are saying. I went full blast on all of the jank and bugs, but then caved and watched a stream and thought it looked great. I can't wait to play it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Lister

Banned
Well...

GameSpot:
Worse still, your agency in these conversations is limited. Sure, you can periodically select from up to four dialogue options, but these frequently boil down to "be optimistic" or "be realistic." On paper, this system improves over the rigid renegade/paragon dichotomy of the original series, but in practice, the various options felt only superficially different. And regardless of what I picked, my inputs only rarely impacted the outcome. Even when I tried to be rude, characters generally found a way to shrug it off. And after beating the campaign, I can only recall one major decision that had serious repercussions, and even that felt contrived. It also paled in comparison to the memorably gut-wrenching choices forced on me in the original games.

Oh fuck no.

FUCK NO!

NO Bioware not like this! NOOOOO!

The only thing I don't get about the PeeBee scene is why she's riding FemRyder like she's a dude.

Unless there's an omni-tool somewhere?

Patiently waiting for the Vetra scene.

emag

If you look back at the original series it was largely the same. The only time your renegade choices mattered was at the end of quests.

It's a bioware trope at this point. These aren't telltale games.

The reviewer states it is very different from the original games. Perhaps freeing the last of the Rachni Queens or talking Wrex down in ME1 or sabotaging the cure for the genophage or negotiating a peace between the Quarians and Geth in ME3 didn't really really branch the narrative, but they all felt like weighty decisions. That's apparently lacking in ME:A, which seems to have mostly FallOut 4 fake-choices that don't differ beyond the particular choice of words used to express a sentiment.

TheRed

Same for me. Damn oh well.
Good thing I just bought Nier: Automata

Top Bottom