• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Uncle

Davidion said:
Right now I'm about level 23 on
Feros
, having completed
Noveria, Bring Down the Sky, and a couple of side missions.

Since you already started that route I'd recommend you do the
planet in the Artemis Tau cluster last
. :lol

dankir

Any reason when this new DLC is coming out? I just have my insane run left to do, this will give me a reason to play through the game a third time.

Uncle

lorddarkflare said:
what? Why?

Liara will be a little... confused, let's just leave it at that. It's better to see for yourself.

Davidion said:
Oh dear. :lol

Is there a non-spoiler explanation as to why that is?

One encounter will be a bit different than it would otherwise.

Jinjo

Still no response from Bioware eh?

From what I've read so far about the new DLC it seems it's only going to set up for disappointment. We waited more than a year for 2 hours of combat oriented DLC? Really?

Lucius86

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Huh, I feel completely the opposite.
Think Ascension is really poor in comparison to the first.

Fair enough! I preferred the story in Ascension, its rate of progression, plus I feel the author, Drew, had a less repetitive writing style compared to Revelation.

You cannot deny it sets things up interestingly for ME2!

Asmodai

Banned
Lucius86 said:
You cannot deny it sets things up interestingly for ME2!

I can! I thought both ME books were poorly written, cliche ridden sci fi drivel, despite absolutely loving the game.

Can't wait for the new DLC, either. I have 300 MS points ready....how can I get an extra 100 easily? :lol

RTS83

Jinjo said:
Still no response from Bioware eh?

From what I've read so far about the new DLC it seems it's only going to set up for disappointment. We waited more than a year for 2 hours of combat oriented DLC? Really?

eh, they are knee deep in 2...DLC, while nice no doubt, is kind of lost on me atm.

Lucius86

Banned
Asmodai said:
I can! I thought both ME books were poorly written, cliche ridden sci fi drivel, despite absolutely loving the game.

Can't wait for the new DLC, either. I have 300 MS points ready....how can I get an extra 100 easily? :lol

I'm not a massive book person, so I cannot comment too much in comparison to other works, but I do think it set things up interestingly for ME2 with certain key story elements.

Asmodai

Banned
Lucius86 said:
I'm not a massive book person, so I cannot comment too much in comparison to other works, but I do think it set things up interestingly for ME2 with certain key story elements.

I'm looking forward to going into ME2 knowing little about the plot. ME1 was completely spoiled by my friends before I played it, but it was a great game regardless.

Of course, I've already seen a few too many ME2 trailers with spoilers. I think I'll have to avoid more trailers, as awesome as they are, I'd rather enjoy them in the game than before it.

And yeah, if you don't read a lot of books, I can see why you might think the ME ones are ok. Thing is they're no different from the avalanche of fantasy and sci fi garbage that buries most good novels. But that's kind of off topic, so I won't get into that here.

randomlyrossy said:
I plan to, thoroughly enjoyed the first one and I'm definetly going to need more Mass Effect fix before ME2 comes out :lol

I loved both ME books. I read the first one a week before the first game released. I loved how I understood the history of Saren and Anderson. Anderson was a bad ass back in the day. Second book is awesome as well and I hope some of those characters make it to the second game.
Their is a girl in the second book that is a powerful biotic, she can't control her powers at times (think Jean Grey/Phoenix), she was autistic-like if I remember correctly.
If you haven't already do yourself a favor and pick up both ME books. can't wait for the third!

One thing I didn't like about the book is that the ending was kinda spoilery in relation to the game. It pretty much tells you
that Sovereign is a sentient ship, which would've spoiled a cool twist in the game

Random question about Sovereign
It's just one Reaver of millions/billions, right? I take it every member of the Reaver species is a big ship or machine of some sort... or is it just that they prefer to use machines (the geth) to do their bidding?

Blast Processing said:
It's just one Reaver of millions/billions, right? I take it every member of the Reaver species is a big ship or machine of some sort... or is it just that they prefer to use machines (the geth) to do their bidding?

I think it's pretty clear from shephard's visions and sovereign's dialog that the rest of the reavers are just like him. You actually see a swarm of them in one of the visions.

Mindlog

Blast Processing said:

Do we really have to spoiler still?

Just in case.
Yeah, most of the Reapers are probably like Sovereign, although I wouldn't rule out different forms (larger and smaller.) Sovereign used the Geth just because they were easy to control. They're willing to use just about anything The Matriarch, Saren, the ¿Rachnii?... Sort of similar to the Salamanders/Turians used the Krogan.

I also have 400 points ready and waiting. I'll probably reinstall ME tonight :D

I'm not sure if the last character I was playing as is on the last mission planet or not.

Korgan's have 4 testicles.

Jinjo

RTS83 said:
eh, they are knee deep in 2...DLC, while nice no doubt, is kind of lost on me atm.

I agree, but a transitional story chapter during the wait for 2 would be awesome no? Wasn't that initially going to be case? I am just disappointed that's not going to happen (actually I would go as far as to say that Mass Effect DLC in general has disappointed).

(I will buy it day one though. :lol )

I am playing this for the first time on my newly built PC. I cannot get used to this whole keyboard and moue thing. Need a controller. But so far the game is great.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I'm watching my girlfriend play this game for the first time and it is quite amusing. She's really into sci-fi novels and this is right up her ally.

I fired up my 2nd playthrough today in light of the new DLC and I made quite a bit more progress than I imagined I would. Also finally completed the Bring Down the Sky DLC as well which was pretty cool

Come onnnn new DLCCCC

kuYuri

I think we will definitely be seeing the DLC soon. I get a message in the main menu saying new DLC is now available in the marketplace, even though it's not (I already own Bring Down the Sky).

Jinjo

Small "update" about the DLC announcement (announcement of announcement!) from Jack Lamden (QA)

you can probably expect to see something of some sort relatively soonish.

Source

Also; there's an N7 avatar costume available on Avatar Marketplace. Beware: as it is for male avatars only.

squicken

I've been waiting for this DLC for my "canon" game save playthough.

I never read the first book, but the second book sucks balls. I know they write these things for a 4th grade reading level, and I'm hardly into book learnin', but it is really, really, shallow. The two good Halo books are much better.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Jinjo said:
Small "update" about the DLC announcement (announcement of announcement!) from Jack Lamden (QA)

Source

Also; there's an N7 avatar costume available on Avatar Marketplace. Beware: as it is for male avatars only.

I squirted Allards everywhere...

What an odd time for DLC. I always thought the game was really shafted when it came to add-ons, as the potential for new worlds to be added every other month or something was wonderful.

I'll buy this, but I'm on my third playthrough now on Hardcore difficulty and I've just got to the final boss area. I guess I'll need to start a 4th time to play it. Oh well, Mass Effect is one of the best games this gen and I'm still only level 58 so :D

Peff

Ok, so it's basically a small space station which serves as the "hub" for the VR courses, which seem to be ripped off from the main game (the backgrounds, I mean). There are four different modes with different objectives, one is capture the flag, another is survival and there are two more. Your mission so far is to be number one on the "leaderboards". All in all, it seems that if you liked the game's battle system you'll find this enjoyable as it's not very expensive. Sorry for the quality of the pics :p

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5075/cimg1377.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8904/cimg1379.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6172/cimg1378.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3926/cimg1381.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8641/cimg1380.jpg

EDIT: Ooops, too big.

Lucius86

Banned
Bah, Assault on Dark Athena will have to wait - getting this when I get in tonight!!!!

Are the avatar clothing costly? I can't check it out here at work.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixing the PC version.
Update 1.02

* The player will no longer become stuck in the Feros elevator
* Quickslot abilities are now disabled in elevators
* The pixilated bloom and DoF on Radeon x1650 and x1950 cards has been addressed
* GPF crashes when playing Quasar have been addressed
* The player's weapon will not auto fire if the fire button is released as an active loading screen appears
* Low LOD on Garrus' face has been addressed
* Reconfiguring the PRIMARY INTERACT key (Default set to E) to any other key will no longer make the ENTER key interact TWICE when used.
* Player will not become stuck in his action station in elevators (primarily occurred in the Peak 15 elevators)
* Occasional crash when encountering Rachni on UNC_73 has been addressed
* Using the enter key to add and remove talent points will function properly
* GUI: Pressing U when first getting control of Shepard and then pressing ESC to close it will not cause the player to lose all input functionality
* Romance confrontation conversation will fire after 3rd planet complete
* The player will no longer become stuck when using the Enter key rather than the primary interact key to initiate conversation with certain followers on the Normandy
* Audio skipping during conversations has been addressed
* Addressed cases where Realtec HD audio users were experiencing issues with cut off / crackling audio after patching the game to version 1.01
* The issue regarding dynamic character shadows appearing grainy has been resolved.
* Nihilus and all Turians are no longer missing their face markings
* The issue of Garrus having no lighting on his face until a save is loaded has been addressed

* The game will now create save files when "My Documents" is set to the root of a drive

Thats what I wanted, now lets see when the DC for PC arrives.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
SpacePirate Ridley said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixing the PC version.

Thats what I wanted, now lets see when the DC for PC arrives.

Nice! Reinstalling for the first time in a while. Sure took them long enough.

...was really hoping for some kind of DRM removal in there. Oh well.

Hm, I loved combat in Mass Effect and am not extremely far on my hardest diffiuclty palythrough. Imight load that up today, it's the perfect day for it. Hmm...

Shoogoo

Kureishima said:
Hm, I loved combat in Mass Effect and am not extremely far on my hardest diffiuclty palythrough. Imight load that up today, it's the perfect day for it. Hmm...

DO IT. FINISH IT.

You know you want to.

WTF, updated my version and Garrus still looks like shit.

Shadows have improved.

e0q1ir.jpg

I have the game at the highest settings so I dont know what Im doing wrong, anyone has the same problem?

Top Bottom