• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Peff

Finished. Make sure you LOVE the battle system :lol There's a pretty crazy challenge unlocked after you finish the others which puts the 360 on its knees, and the rewards aren't anything special, an outdated weapon and

an apartment, you can buy weapons there but not much else to do, maybe it's for ME2.

I liked it, but I also think many people won't believe it to be worth the 400 points.

Whether I like it or not makes no difference, as a Mass Effect whore I'm entitled to buy it :lol

(developers, you did not see this post)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jinjo said:
Also; there's an N7 avatar costume available on Avatar Marketplace. Beware: as it is for male avatars only.

Oh man, I think avatar clothing is stupid but.........I want it ;_;.

And, I need to buy more points lol :lol.

EDIT: I bought the armor :lol. It's a bit thinner then I first thought it would be but, it's not bad at all.

Pankaks said:
Oh man, I think avatar clothing is stupid but.........I want it ;_;.

And, I need to buy more points lol :lol.

EDIT: I bought the armor :lol. It's a bit thinner then I first thought it would be but, it's not bad at all.

Yeah. I passed, as it looked way snug.

Downloading it now! :D

It's very odd how this has all happened, I mean it still hasn't been officially announced and yet here we all are buying it already.

I'm kinda scared to go look at the Avatar stuff, I'm afraid I'll buy it :lol

Lucius86

Banned
randomlyrossy said:
Downloading it now! :D

It's very odd how this has all happened, I mean it still hasn't been officially announced and yet here we all are buying it already.

I'm kinda scared to go look at the Avatar stuff, I'm afraid I'll buy it :lol

Me too; I refuse to buy things like that on principle, but as its ME related I can always be persuaded :lol

randomlyrossy said:

I am weak :X

Wow our avatars look almost the same. I had some points left over from the DLC but not quite enough to get anything worthwhile so I plunged on my first avatar clothing content. :lol

Peff

Apparently the new DLC does not work correctly if you have the Platinum Hits edition that includes Bring Down The Sky and have finished it with that character. So if anybody bought the game recently, finish this one first or try to keep a save from before you do BDtS.

It's funny, they sure did a PISS POOR job of hyping this dlc. Achievements are leaked, no comment. DLC leaks in germany, then suddenly it's up on the US.

You'd think they'd have started hyping and releasing a few screenies last week or something. Great job bioware :lol :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
SpacePirate Ridley said:
WTF, updated my version and Garrus still looks like shit.

Shadows have improved.

http://i31.tinypic.com/e0q1ir.jpg

I have the game at the highest settings so I dont know what Im doing wrong, anyone has the same problem?
Fuck me, when will they ever fix this thing? It's the only fix I wanted in a patch and they still can't get their shit straight after working on it for EIGHT damn months.

Can't wait to see these numbnuts try to put out an MMO.

Edit: I'm trying with a clean instal, hopefuly that works. They can't have messed this up after 8 months, there must be some kind of voodoo trick I need to do.

Gowans

it feels like leaked content, but it isn't weird.

Anyone starting a new DLC thread for this stuff to get the word out?

Gona grab it tonight and then prep for a new play through.

Davidion

Audio fixes?!

MAGNIFIQUE!

Oh, and I "experienced" one of the sex scenes in the game last night. It must be one of the most horrid thing I've ever saw. *shudder*

They REALLY would have done everyone a service by leaving that junk out.

Doodis

So does the new theme come with the DLC pack, or is it separate? I'm at work and bought the DLC on xbox.com but I didn't see the theme for sale. But I saw on another site an image of the ad on the dashboard that says "New add-on, theme and more," so I'm hoping it's all included.

Davidion said:
Audio fixes?!

MAGNIFIQUE!

Oh, and I "experienced" one of the sex scenes in the game last night. It must be one of the most horrid thing I've ever saw. *shudder*

They REALLY would have done everyone a service by leaving that junk out.

? Really?
I never heard of anyone having a problem with it (the FOX ignorance doesn't count).

Doodis said:
So does the new theme come with the DLC pack, or is it separate? I'm at work and bought the DLC on xbox.com but I didn't see the theme for sale. But I saw on another site an image of the ad on the dashboard that says "New add-on, theme and more," so I'm hoping it's all included.

It's not included. It's here.

Davidion

Zeouterlimits said:
? Really?
I never heard of anyone having a problem with it (the FOX ignorance doesn't count).

The whole thing might as well have had "SEXUAL INTERACTION, LOOK SO MATURE" flashing in big neon letters emblazoned on top. It was terrible.

I don't have an issue with it out of some delusional moral high ground, but rather because it's like watching a meditation on sci-fi sex as directed by a mob of 12 year olds drunk on romance novels.

Gowans007 said:
Looks like I'm buying some Avatar clothes.

What's the score with the new DLC, out for everyone now?

Well I'm in the UK and I managed to download it, so I'd guess so. But who knows, BioWare still haven't even announced it :lol

Lucius86 said:
Knew you would give in! I managed to withstrain myself and just preview the items :D

But it's so cool! I may have to get myself a real version of that tshirt just to I can justify it a bit more :lol

DLC: I just beat enough of
Vidinos' records to choose which weapon to receive and I have no idea which one to pick...
and I'm afraid of making a regretful decision.

big_z

is the new dlc worth it? i dont have a save early enough on to go back to play it, i would have to start a new game.

big_z said:
is the new dlc worth it? i dont have a save early enough on to go back to play it, i would have to start a new game.

You basically
fight a lot, participating in typical multiplayer style games such as capture and survival and whatnot. There are scores to beat and an alien who gets pissed off at you for besting his times, so he challenges you to beat eight of his records and if you do so you have the option to pick from four weapons (shotgun, sniper, pistol, assault).

That's all I've experienced so far anyway. It's not bad.

Peff

brandonh83 said:
DLC: I just beat enough of
Vidinos' records to choose which weapon to receive and I have no idea which one to pick...
and I'm afraid of making a regretful decision.

I think they're all junk...
or at least the assault rifle is. Not only he pretty much says so after giving it to you, it's just a regular X weapon, which are not that useful when you have the Spectre equipment

EDIT: For that level stay on the square metal pillar thingy, where you can aim at whoever spawns in front of you and to your right. That should be enough to reach 3x (I got 50).

Peff said:
I think they're all junk...
or at least the assault rifle is. Not only he pretty much says so after giving it to you, it's just a regular X weapon, which are not that useful when you have the Spectre equipment

EDIT: For that level stay on the square metal pillar thingy, where you can aim at whoever spawns in front of you and to your right. That should be enough to reach 3x (I got 50).

Thanks. I don't think I have the Spectre equipment yet, I'm only on my second playthrough. I might look into that, didn't even know about it.

Samara

Wow, guess they had to beat the iron while it's hot, that would explain the laissez faire attitude about the DLC. How long has it been; a year :lol

Anyway, I NEED VIDEOS!

DuckRacer

Peff said:
Apparently the new DLC does not work correctly if you have the Platinum Hits edition that includes Bring Down The Sky and have finished it with that character. So if anybody bought the game recently, finish this one first or try to keep a save from before you do BDtS.
Heh, I impulse purchased it and just discovered this. I'm deleting the BDtS DLC I installed to see if Pinnacle Station works.

edit: It doesn't, not having BDtS stops my save from even loading. Fuck you, Bioware.

Just played a little of the DLC, seems pretty cool. I imagine I'll have some fun with it. I'm going to go and level up a bit first as so far on this save all I've done is go get Liara so I'm still relatively low level. Looking forward to playing it alot more though.

It's cool that you essentially have a way to get some quick combat in whenever you want. That's something I actually wanted a few times while playing, as much as I love the story sometimes I just wanted to get to the action.

This new DLC is great.

Also I'm not surprised by this at all by Bioware, it's to hype Mass Effect 2 (The late release of this DLC, that is)

SlickVic

Looks like the DLC is up for PC here.

Unlike BtDS, looks like PC gamers will have to pay for this one ($5 which is equivalent to what it costs on 360).

Farm your main game achievements in an easy to access combat simulator.

I can't believe they used that as a bullet point.

Undecided as to whether I'm going to buy this or not. Probably not, since all I really care about with respect to replaying the game are story permutations.

It appears that Patch 1.02 is included in the DLC download, for what it's worth.

Gowans

randomlyrossy said:
Well I'm in the UK and I managed to download it, so I'd guess so. But who knows, BioWare still haven't even announced it :lol

Just grabbed it, it's all avertised on the dash too, DLC, Theme and Avatar gear.

So so tempted to get the suit and helmet but I could get XBLA or Indie games at that price.

SlickVic said:
Looks like the DLC is up for PC here.

Unlike BtDS, looks like PC gamers will have to pay for this one ($5 which is equivalent to what it costs on 360).

I'm assuming this is just like a patch? Hopefully there isn't a problem with the Steam version.

SlickVic

So what I'm gathering there isn't much in terms of a story in this DLC it's mainly combat challenges? If so I'm not sure how eager I am in buying it.

Top Bottom