• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Zzoram

Salazar said:
Trailer was very nice. I've read too much GAF discussion of this game, though. I expected "I had to make a choice" to be followed something tetchy like "This isn't a fucking shooter, you know".

I think if Ashley said anything except "I understand" it would've been better. Preferably something like, "You bastard!" :lol

sangreal

I stopped by my Local K-MART but as soon as I got to electronics I heard "He's looking for what? Massive on 360?" The guy looked in the case which didn't have it so that was that. I asked, but he said if its not in the case they don't have it. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow

I still don't get the thread title either

Sallokin

Checked my local K-Mart and they said they hadn't received their shipment yet. I'm definitely going back though because they had already put out their copies of Ocean's 13 on HD-DVD and their copies of Dragonball Z BT:3 both of which aren't out until the 13th. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them getting it next week.

EDIT: Has anyone had any luck with wal-mart.com processing and shipping their orders? Their site is saying they can have the game to me by November 14.

Hey, Che or Luke or King Jesus of Microsoft; are the cutscenes in the game all real-time, or have you come across any that are pre-rendered?

I'm pretty sure that everything will end up being real-time, but I don't want to go telling friends, family and anyone else who will listen that everything is in-game, only to be proven wrong in two weeks time.

Some gifs from the yahoo video/commercial.

71meslu.gif

71obar9.gif

87dw9bt.gif

869y04i.gif

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Called some of the close by, 1 said yes, I said o_O, he said he'd double check, and then said no. I asked when they'd have it he said Tuesday.

Another 2 spots knew exactly what I was talking about, and 1 even mentioned getting calls about it. Both said not now, and to check on Tuesday.

tuesdaytuesdaytuesday

Yessir, TRU had it, and the guy was about to ring it up, but then something came up in the system, then he went and got someone to take a look, then he was all "Cant sale it bye" So then I took advantage of this old guy workin at the K Mart, done deal.

Old people are the future.

picture003ak5.jpg

jvalioli

Agent Ironside said:
Old people are the future.
I ran into some strangely knowledgeable old people. They didn't even have to check to know that it was street dated.

I'm going to try my K-Mart again later tonight if someone else is working.

For me, I guess it's just as well, really. Because I have the collector's edition on pre-order from EBGames.com, and I would much prefer the CE over the standard edition. However, that being said, if Kmart were to have had a copy, I would have gotten it and cancelled my CE pre-order. :lol

sangreal

For those of you finding this at K-Mart... Is it in the display case, or do they have to get it from the back? I doubt I will be able to convince the staff at my local K-Mart to even check the computer

Big-E

Anyone in Canada know if people are breaking street dates or not? Would love to play this now due to papers being due soon.

Jirotrom said:
what an awesome gaffer you are... rather than help some of your fellow members you price guage them.
If I had another copy, I would be more than happy to help someone here out. But at the moment, I have been unemployed for 6 months and I desparately need the money.

sangreal said:
For those of you finding this at K-Mart... Is it in the display case, or do they have to get it from the back? I doubt I will be able to convince the staff at my local K-Mart to even check the computer

I found mine in the display case.

Snaku

Banned
Kestastrophe said:
If I had another copy, I would be more than happy to help someone here out. But at the moment, I have been unemployed for 6 months and I desparately need the money.

But for $100? Get bent.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Didnt realise they were selling it a whole 7 days early, that's......fantasitc, how do i pull this off in the UK?

Phthisis

My experience just now on the phone.

Me: Hi, I'm just wondering if you guys have the game Mass-

Clerk: No we did not receive it.

*click*

No joke.

Internet -> GAF -> Internet -> real life

bendak

Big-E said:
Anyone in Canada know if people are breaking street dates or not? Would love to play this now due to papers being due soon.

Unfortunately our stores seem to mostly employ literate people who can read the do not sell stickers.

It's also troubling that just recently future shop and best buy changed their date to november 22nd...definitely won't be trying to get it there.

Cdammen

Watched the new trailer. The content shown was good, very good... but I disliked the trailer. The epic music, the clichés and the fast cuts do not match with how I see the game. I would've enjoyed it more if it was more thoughtful, had some ambient synth music and alien world vistas.

But the sound which is heard, at the end, when the Mass Effect logo is shown made me shiver with delight :)

OMG NEVERMIND THE LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WALMART FTW!!!!!!!!!!

At first I didn't see it, then before I gave up I see 3 copies.... The lady working was old and not on top of it AND SHE SOLD IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture270lq1.jpg

Will check my Walmart a 'lil bit later...

GhaleonEB said:
Visually, great trailer. The narration was a bit too cliche - "and only you stand in his way!" etc.

Have to agree. It was good, but was totally not as subtle and awesome as the tv commercial. Which is weird... you'd think it'd be the other way around.

bendak said:
Unfortunately our stores seem to mostly employ literate people who can read the do not sell stickers.

It's also troubling that just recently future shop and best buy changed their date to november 22nd...definitely won't be trying to get it there.

yeah, generally its a struggle to even get the game on its street date, let alone early.

its really starting to get to me. especially with guitar hero 3. i just saw a commercial saying its going to be available at best buy on sunday, still 10 bucks more than the US and 2 weeks late?

thats just fucked.

Shawn128

I tried to preorder the collector's edition today at Gamestop.

They said they were sold out. Of preorders.

I said 'WTF is this shit?'

Amazon has now received my funds.

purg3

slept with Malkin
No luck at Crap mart, God that place was a dump. None of the games were in order and no one was working in the section...

Shawn128 said:
I tried to preorder the collector's edition today at Gamestop.

They said they were sold out. Of preorders.

I said 'WTF is this shit?'

Amazon has now received my funds.

The CE is only being offered online.
"Please note: Due to extremely limited quantities from the manufacturer, Mass Effect Limited Edition is being offered online only and is not available for pre-order in our stores."

Shawn128

purgeface said:
The CE is only being offered online.
"Please note: Due to extremely limited quantities from the manufacturer, Mass Effect Limited Edition is being offered online only and is not available for pre-order in our stores."

Ah, thanks for the heads up. *themoreyouknow.jpg*

Why would they make it in such limited quantities? Seems like something many would be willing to pay for...

Top Bottom