• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

benjipwns

Banned
Bulbo Urethral Baggins said:
Am I the only one who thinks giuseppi is rocking a fake accent?
I wish that when he's kicked off he would suddenly drop the accent and say "it's okay, I'm not really Italian anyway" with a normal midwestern voice.

Einbroch

Banned
One reason I hate reality competition TV:

Someone always fucks up. Therefore, if you're simply mediocre and play it completely safe, you go far, and can even win. Suzy, I'm looking at you.

They need to reward winners more.

"you miss your husband? "
*timid answer*
"maybe you'll see him tonight"

Guy is a fucking asshole and clearly scripted comments every time.

Beaten *

Heysoos

^ Have they ever actually done that? But yeah not going to happen, they already said one was the worst.

Bye Giuseppi, I liked you better than some of the others. :(

Suzy is the worst because she's arrogant like Christian, except she doesn't seem aware of it. Christian is cocky as hell but he knows it. But alas, she is safe. Maybe next week :(

Einbroch

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
Suzy is the worst because she's arrogant like Christian, except she doesn't seem aware of it. Christian is cocky as hell but he knows it. But alas, she is safe. Maybe next week :(
We can always hope.

Heysoos said:
Reminds me of Mario and Luigi! Jk. He was just less annoying than some of the ones left. :p

I don't think I like any of them left! I kinda want the beard cocky guy to win because it'll make everyone rage hard.

I hate that nerdy guy. He pretends to be so upset every time somebody gets kicked off... or worse, he actually really gets that vicariously upset.

vas_a_morir said:
I hate that nerdy guy. He pretends to be so upset every time somebody gets kicked off... or worse, he actually really gets that vicariously upset.
He's full of it just like the majority of food writers wishing they were chefs..

Only kidding folks!

Heysoos

Haha, I like how cocky Christian is, just pisses everyone off. He is quite a bit better than some of the ones left though.

Heysoos said:
Haha, I like how cocky Christian is, just pisses everyone off. He is quite a bit better than some of the ones left though.
that's what's so great, he is the producers dream. Can back up his shit, and is mad annoying to everyone else.

This show has a reputation for being super fake, but man, I like it so much because of my heterosexual man-crush on Gordon Ramsey.

My favorite character was Max, because he was like a rich kid antagonist from a college movie. He also got booted out on complete bullshit.

Zoe

vas_a_morir said:

Given the way he interacts with the rest, I think he really does get that upset.

Pkaz01

Damn surprised so many people wanted Guiseppe to go. That apple pie looked way better than the pear maybe cause I hate pears. But we all knew Guiseppe was going home right when Ramsay told him he had arrived last episode.

The funniest thing about Ben is I think that dude is seriously that over dramatic and his hat trolling is almost better than Christians douchebag actions.

I am also kind of rooting for that crazy blonde who is literally there for the cameras to say shit like I like being on the bottom and throw cake around. Can't wait for another breakdown.

DominoKid

Pkaz01 said:
I am also kind of rooting for that crazy blonde who is literally there for the cameras to say shit like I like being on the bottom and throw cake around. Can't wait for another breakdown.

i like that chick. she seems a little off though.

Machine

They said Giuseppi had never made a hollandaise sauce before. How did he even have a clue what to do? Do they coach them before the challenge or give them a recipe? I wouldn't expect him to even know where to begin. I've wondered a few times if they are given some research time between when they are given the challenge and when they start cooking since it seems unlikely that these home chefs are going to know every recipe and technique called for.

Zoe

Machine said:
They said Giuseppi had never made a hollandaise sauce before. How did he even have a clue what to do? Do they coach them before the challenge or give them a recipe? I wouldn't expect him to even know where to begin. I've wondered a few times if they are given some research time between when they are given the challenge and when they start cooking since it seems unlikely that these home chefs are going to know every recipe and technique called for.

They give them classes during the downtime. Sheetal talked about a few on her blog last year.

kottila

Machine said:

In the masterchefs I've seen from other countries, they also focus heavily on the classes and cooking lessons, but I guess that's not something the network thinks Americans are interested in, as they ignore that part in Kitchen Nightmares as well.

Zoe

kottila said:
In the masterchefs I've seen from other countries, they also focus heavily on the classes and cooking lessons, but I guess that's not something the network thinks Americans are interested in, as they ignore that part in Kitchen Nightmares as well.

Do you mean Hell's Kitchen?

Top Bottom