• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

xbhaskarx

DominoKid said:
they just had a cutaway with the black guy!
drudge-siren2.gif
drudge-siren2.gif

benjipwns said:
Are we sure the red team didn't win just so they didn't have to show more of the black guy?

They at least gave him a little time to talk about why he was happy that he didn't have to compete in the elimination challenge.

SO glad Esther is gone, she has fucked up almost every week. She had a shitty attitude I thought too. It's why I was glad when Max was cut as well. I like Christine for some reason not sure why. It sucks she's in the bottom 3 each week for these pressure tests. I can't imagine her lasting much longer.

I think Ben is awesome. I don't know if he has the chops to win it, but I hope he does.

One thing I really hate about this season is how little air time some people get some episodes. You just completely forget they're there. I wish they made sure each person got a bit of air time.

xbhaskarx

It seems like the more air time people get, the more annoying they become.

Esther seemed fine at first, but by now I'm glad to see her go. Suzy is fucking so unbearable I want to punch her in the face, as is the white single mother chick who keeps flipping out and should have been kicked off four times already. Even the winning captain dude from today, guy with the facial hair, seemed nice enough at the beginning until they started showing more of him.
The only exceptions I can think of are the older Latina lady and Ben, so I'm rooting for them.

Maybe that is the black dude's secret, stay off camera and we won't hate you... perhaps he is a Milford man
tumblr_ljc3hliWGf1qexawxo1_500.png

Pkaz01

xbhaskarx said:
The only exceptions I can think of are the older Latina lady and Ben, so I'm rooting for them.
I agree with you there Ben is a little weird but at least he isn't being an asshole all the time like most of the contestants. The two you mentioned and guiseppe are the only three that seem like they arent in it to complain about their competitors. Id throw in tracy and the black guy but we hardly see them at this point.

chris121580

Good riddance to Esther. I can't believe she gave up being a lawyer to attempt to become Master Chef. She wasn't even that good. I'm rooting for Adrien, Derek, and Ben. Christian is such a douche. He may be worse than Max

MooMoo

Unlike season one, I don't think there are a lot of interesting people in this second season. They all seem pretty cut-throat and bitchy, perhaps even too much so. I liked how in season one the show was pitched as finding your average home cook and trying to find an expert chef out of them. This was reflected in the attitudes and relationships between each contestant as well as the judges. But now they pitch it as simply getting the next title of MasterChef, which doesn't have quite the same dynamic. Also Joe is obviously trying to hard to be the douchebag judge (aka Simon) which makes this season come off as even more fakey than usual. Lastly, I think the contestants who win the mystery box/invention test challenges get way too huge of an advantage during the elimination tests compared to the season one contestants. In season one, you typically only got to choose the ingredient. Well in this season, the first elimination test (after auditions) the guy didn't even have to cook. Adrien (?) got to choose his and his competitors' ingredients, Jennifer had the whole lot of ingredients given to her for remaking Whitney's dish, Esther got to choose the two people to enter the elimination test etc. etc.

Also black guy ftw! I hope he wins lol.

artist

Banned
What was the music playing in the background when Gordon spared Suzie .. swear I heard it in a movie some where ..

MooMoo said:
Unlike season one, I don't think there are a lot of interesting people in this second season. They all seem pretty cut-throat and bitchy, perhaps even too much so.

I'd say most of the contestants really don't fall into that description. Adrien, Alejandra, Ben, Giuseppe, Jennifer, and Tracy don't really seem bitchy. I think what you're catching onto is that the contestants that get most of the attention (like Christian, Suzy and Christine) do fall into that category. It's the same reason that Joe is highlighted so much in the elimination challenges. His outbursts are much more interesting to most viewers than a detailed explanation of what the contestant did wrong.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I like how you all know the names of the people you hate but don't bother with the names of the ones you like/tolerate.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They've never shown the black presenting his dish to the judges have they? Or is he never in pressure tests?
I feel like when they do have him go up there its going to feel awkward.

DominoKid

lol they busted Christian's balls hard.

wish he had told them to taste it though.
would've been funny if it were actually awesome. bet they'd never admit it though.

wonder how the black guy's lobster turned out. never seen anyone ice shock a lobster before.

Top Bottom