• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DominoKid said:
i love how savage everyone has gotten. they all want each other to fail. well maybe Ben doesnt but he seems naive.
Suzy and Christian have always been haters.

UberTag

This is my first time watching Master Chef and I've got to say I love the fact that it actually focuses on showcasing culinary skills. Such a breath of fresh air after watching so many episodes of Hell's Kitchen (which all seem to blur together and feel the same).

Wordsgohere

Neo Member
UberTag said:
This is my first time watching Master Chef and I've got to say I love the fact that it actually focuses on showcasing culinary skills. Such a breath of fresh air after watching so many episodes of Hell's Kitchen (which all seem to blur together and feel the same).
Agreed. I much prefer the atmosphere on this show.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
cartoon_soldier said:
Ben Starr's star is diminishing
He's still my pick to win this season. He has the same likability that Whitney had last year and that's always a big factor on reality tv.

Tamanon

Banned
"Oh Deer"

Dammit Graham, you're killing me. All the product placement, that Ska Band roadie hat yesterday, and now a horrible pun?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
UberTag said:
These guys would destroy the Hell's Kitchen folks.

Tamanon

Banned
I think the Hell's Kitchen folks would be good in a restaurant environment, but the Masterchef folks would probably give them a fight in the challenges.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
dallow_bg said:
These guys would destroy the Hell's Kitchen folks.
To be fair, I think the Hell's Kitchen people cook under a lot more stress. Masterchef contestants are treated with kids gloves by comparison.

Zoe

Noooooo Ben Starr :(

Tamanon said:
I think the Hell's Kitchen folks would be good in a restaurant environment, but the Masterchef folks would probably give them a fight in the challenges.

Yeah, everyone in Hell's Kitchen is a career cook while Master Chef gets lots of hobbyists. The red team really struggled last night with MC's version of HK.

purg3

slept with Malkin
poor Ben, how can you not like that guy. Knew he was gone though after he fucked up the meat after getting the advantage.

Zoe

DominoKid said:
i'm going to lol when Adrian goes home next week.

If it's like last season, two will be going home next week.

Edit: whoops, looks like they're changing it

Adrien should've gone home. He underperformed in the mystery box and elimination challenges. He started out strong and faded while Ben started out weak and has improved a lot over the last few weeks.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
DrForester said:
Even if they don't think he deserves to win, I can't see them getting rid of Christian before the finale.
Christian vs Jennifer in the final. Similar to Sharone vs Whitney from last year.

Pains me to say it but I think Suzy goes home next episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Chamber said:
Christian vs Jennifer in the final. Similar to Sharone vs Whitney from last year.

I will be disappointed if Jennifer wins over anyone.

I want to see either Christian or Ben win. Ben has such an amazing attitude about everything, and I really don't mind Christian's attitude, because he has the skill to back it up.

Maybe I should finish the episode before commenting...

I LOVED the "Forever Alone" Christian cut at the end as the other three are hugging.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chamber said:

I thought Sharone lost before the final.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I will say that if Christian is not going to win, that they get rid of him before the finale. I think this show is much like Hells Kitchen in that they pretty much know who's going to win early on, and just keep people for ratings at that point. Christian has enough talent that I hope they don't just keep him around to shoot him down in the end.

mj1108

UberTag said:

If you want Masterchef that actually focuses on cooking, check out Masterchef Australia. The differences between it and the US versions are night and day.

EDIT: I'm guessing it will either be Suzy or Jennifer that will win it. They need a pretty face to hawk cookbooks.

Pkaz01

I thought the winner didn't get a cookbook this season?

I knew Ben was a goner right when he won the first mystery box and Ramsay said you are back in this competition. They did the same to Guiseppe so predictable.

The finale is going to be Christian vs Jennifer with Jennifer winning against the "douchebag" christian. Suzy goes home next then Adrien. Christian vs Jennifer has been set up for too long and the judges really love them some jennifer. I personally can't stand her though and at this point id rather anyone win but her.

edit - oh and Ben didn't have a hat tonight.

Fatalah

These last two episodes have been the best I've seen. Such wonderful drama and intense competition. I skipped Hell's Kitchen altogether this week, MC rocked it.

Ben Starr surprised me this season. I thought he was put on the show to provide laughs, and he ended up being a highly intelligent chef. He's made for TV - someone get this man his own show!

Ben's last message to Adrian is exactly what he needs. Go Adrian go!

One final note: Suzy grinds my gears to no end! Such a big mouth.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Christian is the only person on that entire show i actually like. Everyone else is so squeaky clean and boring.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
mj1108 said:
If you want Masterchef that actually focuses on cooking, check out Masterchef Australia. The differences between it and the US versions are night and day.

EDIT: I'm guessing it will either be Suzy or Jennifer that will win it. They need a pretty face to hawk cookbooks.

Masterchef Australia is fantastic. It really sets the bar for cooking competition shows. This is cemented by the fact that they get SOOOOO many world class chefs to guest star on it so regularly.

This has become one of my favorite shows on television. I honestly have no idea how you can just look at a basket of "stuff" and think...oh I'll make an incredible dish in 45 minutes under intense pressure.

Great blend of creativity, character, and drama. It also makes me hungry.

Top Bottom