• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

boblobla

Neo Member
I like Adrian and Jennifer. I just hope it is one of the two of them who win. Christian is a douche and I can't stand Suzie's facial expressions and constant nodding.

Zalasta

I really hated whenever they say that the winner of the mystery box will have a huge advantage in the elimination. Well guess what, it doesn't. There have been zero correlation between the two. In fact, no mystery box winners have actually won the subsequent elimination because of that "advantage". Furthermore, there have been two instances where they actually landed on the bottom with one sent home.

Zalasta said:
I really hated whenever they say that the winner of the mystery box will have a huge advantage in the elimination. Well guess what, it doesn't. There have been zero correlation between the two. In fact, no mystery box winners have actually won the subsequent elimination because of that "advantage". Furthermore, there have been two instances where they actually landed on the bottom with one sent home.

It honestly puts more pressure on the winner.

Fixed1979

Zalasta said:

I would think it's still an advantage regardless; whether or not you actually manage to properly use the advantage is something else.

Sad to see Ben go I was definitely rooting for him. I was originally rooting for Christine and was disappointed to see her leave but she definitely made it further than I expected.

I guess now I'll be cheering on Jennifer, I really hated her at first but she showed her strong no BS side a couple weeks ago and kind of changed my mind on her. She seems to have a decent enough clue to pull something out.

JGS

Banned
Tim the Wiz said:
Christian's edit is such a villain construct I just don't see him winning. Hope Adrien pulls it out.
There's almost always someone just like him on other cooking competitions. On this one it makes sense because he often does cook above most others. However, he lacks a shred of humilty.

Out of all of them, I expect he's the one we'll see again whether he wins or not which could be a part of the plan.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Divvy said:
Masterchef Australia is fantastic. It really sets the bar for cooking competition shows. This is cemented by the fact that they get SOOOOO many world class chefs to guest star on it so regularly.

Better than Top Chef?

Heysoos

Finally caught up with Tuesday's episode. Sad to see Ben go, I thought he was going to win it all.

I am convinced though, that there's no way in hell Christian wins. It seems like the Gordon and his crew purposely forget all his highs in the past and past couple episodes and just remember the lows. Then chefs with far more lows than Christian suddenly are front runners. I'm thinking it's either Jennifer or Adrian that win this.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
commish said:
Better than Top Chef?

Yes and I really like Top Chef. You can really tell MC Australia is all about the cooking.

I know this also because so far no one has said "Im not here to make friends"

Heysoos said:
Finally caught up with Tuesday's episode. Sad to see Ben go, I thought he was going to win it all.

I am convinced though, that there's no way in hell Christian wins. It seems like the Gordon and his crew purposely forget all his highs in the past and past couple episodes and just remember the lows. Then chefs with far more lows than Christian suddenly are front runners. I'm thinking it's either Jennifer or Adrian that win this.

Jennifer and Christian are still the front runners. They've had the most highs throughout the season. It's a difficult position for judges to be in though since they're going to be selling a cookbook from the winner, so it would be hard to go with someone as unlikable as Christian. That's why I just don't get why you'd go into a competition like this with that type of attitude.

Dynedom

Divvy said:
Masterchef Australia is fantastic. It really sets the bar for cooking competition shows. This is cemented by the fact that they get SOOOOO many world class chefs to guest star on it so regularly.

The Master Classes are great.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Dynedom said:
The Master Classes are great.

Indeed, just last night I made the braised short rib and daikon from a few master classes ago. Turned out excellent.

The Heston Blumenthal and Adriano Zumbo episodes are the best.

Gamecocks625 said:
This has become one of my favorite shows on television. I honestly have no idea how you can just look at a basket of "stuff" and think...oh I'll make an incredible dish in 45 minutes under intense pressure.

Great blend of creativity, character, and drama. It also makes me hungry.
Me too actually. Caught one of the first couple of episodes and I got hooked, I love the overall tone of the show (though I do wish some of the dramatics were cut back a bit, I do realize they need to do it for TV however) and the tips they provide the chefs. I might check out MC Australia due to what a few of you have said.

Einbroch

Banned
I can't stand Suzy. Haters gonna hate, whatever. She's cute, but holy shit is she annoying.

She has no poker face and she thinks she's God's gift to the cooking world. Hate.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only person remaining I don't want to win is Jennifer what an annoying piece of shit and that god awful gapping jaw - suck my soul from my body - laugh she did on the episode made me wanna stop watching. Adrien / Suzy / Christian are all very talented and no one should complain if any of them win. I'm hoping Suzy makes it till final 2 just for more screen time <3 but I want Adrien to win it.

adelante

LOL Graham's blatant product placement has gone from cringeworthy to something that I actually look forward to each episode. His delivery is hilarious.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
adelante said:
LOL Graham's blatant product placement has gone from cringeworthy to something that I actually look forward to each episode. His delivery is hilarious.

yup, he's great at it.

MooMoo

At the very beginning of this season, Joe made a prediction about who would make it to the finals/win this season. Anyone remember who it was?

adelante said:

So horrible.. hahaha.. So horrible.

Rooting for Christian or Adrian. Can't stand Suzy or Jennifer but if I had to choose I would go with Suzy. I knew this was going to be the final four from the typical Fox bs. Now take it home Christian or Adrian!

Zyzyxxz

Divvy said:
Indeed, just last night I made the braised short rib and daikon from a few master classes ago. Turned out excellent.

The Heston Blumenthal and Adriano Zumbo episodes are the best.

Wow, if you put Heston Blumenthal on the Masterchef USA the contestants would probably be clueless as to how great he is. You put someone like Bobby Flay and they will shit their pants in joy.

Chamber said:
"Jennifer's just here because she has a really good smile."

Suzy spitting the truth.
she won the most mystery boxes and did a lot of good stuff. Suzy sucks, but she has a better smile than Jennifer.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tamanon said:
Wow, not going to be Christian v Suzy final after all.
Neither Christian or Suzy have a chance in hell of winning this show.

"Bad guys" don't win reality tv competitions.

purg3

slept with Malkin
ok, well this is going to be more interesting than the final.

edit: pie, Christian is going home...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If they know Christian isn't going to win I hope they do send him home before the finale. Guy deserves better than that. He is the best chef there.

Top Bottom