• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Forsaken82 said:
I just can't stand monti though..
Can't say I agree. I like her. I like that everyone keeps thinking she's going to get dumped and she keeps kicking out good food. You can kiss her Puerto Rican ass.:D

Becky's a word I can't use around here.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Unless I missed something it was Gorden Ramsey that made that speech to Tali, and he didn't say Master Orator (wtf does that mean?) he said This is Master Chef, not Master Bate. And Graham was uncharacteristically the most blunt this week in my opinion when it came to berating. As for his "Show some respect" comment last week, it makes some sense when you think about it... Amateurs or not, it is disrespectful to think that you have a successful dish, and serve it when it is basically undercooked, raw, or just not edible. These guys aren't trying to be assholes for the sake of being assholes (well maybe the producers tell them to be more blunt than they would normally for the sake of ratings), they are businessmen, trying to train employees. At least thats how I see it.

That being said, when Monti goes (hopefully next week... ) it will be interesting to see who ends up leaving next as I think they are all cooking pretty damn well at this point...

I just can't stand monti though... Sadly, shes the last one left to bring in the interest of the people who want to love to hate someone since everyone else seems very Root worthy. SHe needs to go back to Danger... (seriously? Danger? ugh...) Oh wait... David still exists too... I want to be excited for the Glencoe kid from the ghettos with the sob story, but man... he clearly can't cook under pressure..

Not sure who i want out more between the two...

They both did, Gordon with Master bate and joe with master orator when tali tried to explain his dish.

Monti is kind of super annoying. But it's also annoying when the others are being super catty about recipes and bullshit. Frank is cool. Hope he wins. Or Christine, would be a nice story, and everyone else should feel ashamed of themselves if that happens.

I really don't get the Monti hate and people saying that she doesn't have the passion.

And yes, Tali finally leaves. I was getting tired of his "they don't understand my genius" shit.

I really don't get the Monti hate and people saying that she doesn't have the passion.

And yes, Tali finally leaves. I was getting tired of his "they don't understand my genius" shit.

It certainly isn't her passion for me, she had proved she can cook. I just hate her personality and despite what the producers of the show clearly think, it just doesn't make for good television. The only reason shes still on the show is because the majority of the other contestants think she is the weakest, and when she catches wind of it, she makes some shitty retort about how being puerto rican makes her better than them and the producers think that makes for fantastic television.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It certainly isn't her passion for me, she had proved she can cook. I just hate her personality and despite what the producers of the show clearly think, it just doesn't make for good television. The only reason shes still on the show is because the majority of the other contestants think she is the weakest, and when she catches wind of it, she makes some shitty retort about how being puerto rican makes her better than them and the producers think that makes for fantastic television.

Yeah and because she's actually pretty good at cooking despite what Becky keeps telling us. Everyone left except David deserves to be there. This is definitely a more talented cast than Season 1 and 2.

I would expect that from anyone who is good at what they do yet can't seem to catch a break. I guess I just don't see how defending yourself is annoying.

ChocolateCupcakes said:
I guess I just don't see how defending yourself is annoying.
Same. Frankly, I root for her when she gets super defensive about the people around her telling her she doesn't have the passion for cooking or that she is nothing but a "budget mom" cook or some such nonsense. She has every right to get irked and defend herself and more importantly - she backs it up with some good plates of food. They keep underestimating her and she keeps coming out like a boss in the kitchen.

Hipster Ariel FTW.

Unless I missed something it was Gorden Ramsey that made that speech to Tali, and he didn't say Master Orator (wtf does that mean?) he said This is Master Chef, not Master Bate. And Graham was uncharacteristically the most blunt this week in my opinion when it came to berating.

Wrong. Ramsey's remark/joke was totally separate. Rewatch Tali's judging by Joe again. Joe clearly says "This is Master Chef, not Master Orator." Orator in simple lay terms means someone who likes to talk or give public speeches. And I agree Graham was surprisingly cranky with Felix this week but one can cut him some slack since he's usually a lot more balanced and constructive, plus it's understandable why he'd be disappointed with her since it was her elimination to lose and she should have had it in her hand yet she almost sent both herself and Christine home. I like Graham a lot actually. I don't know if it was the same night as Joe's "Show some respect" remark but Tanya was crying over her dish and Graham was really cool to her and tried to encourage her saying something like she's there for a reason and 'As long as you cook with love that's what matters.'

As for his "Show some respect" comment last week, it makes some sense when you think about it... Amateurs or not, it is disrespectful to think that you have a successful dish, and serve it when it is basically undercooked, raw, or just not edible. These guys aren't trying to be assholes for the sake of being assholes (well maybe the producers tell them to be more blunt than they would normally for the sake of ratings), they are businessmen, trying to train employees. At least thats how I see it.

Nope, sorry Joe is just a jerk. And if they want to act all hardcore "We're trying to train responsible future employees" that looks a little disingenuous when it takes them weeks and weeks to send home someone like Tali and keeping David on who cooks nasty bacon strip soup and RAW FOOD.

Monti is annoying because she has a shtick. That underdog shtick. You're not a fucking underdog. You've come out on top on NUMEROUS occasions despite the odds. No more me against the world bullshit. Every.single.time they complement her she has this DERRRPP REALLY?!?!?! face.

That's just that particular shtick. She does other things like yell a lot in the team challenges, refuse to take responsibility, and just all around hipster-ishness which never helps.

Oh and lttp, just wanted to second how awful that lame "Food So Good You'll Wanna Slap Yo Momma" logo by Monti is. She really does look like the annoying Progressive lady in that thing. Still she seems like a good cook for all of Becky's whining. I think a finale with Monti and Becky is likely in fact (moreso for how marketable they both are unfortunately).

Palmer_v1

I'd be fine with this season if Frank, Christine, Felix, or the tall dude wins. Everyone else either seems less skilled, or bad sports.

chris121580

Yeah and because she's actually pretty good at cooking despite what Becky keeps telling us. Everyone left except David deserves to be there. This is definitely a more talented cast than Season 1 and 2.

This is exactly right. Monti isn't too terrible...I just get sick of watching her cry all the time. Gordon said when she auditioned that he thought she was putting on some sort of schtick and he didn't like it...I still think that might be happening. She can definitely cook though.

benjipwns

Banned
Food Network should give Tali his own cooking show. Call it "Mad Meals" or something.

There'd have to be like a 5000 word disclaimer before and after every commercial break but it'd be worth it.

I'm totally backing Frank and Monti for winning this. I used to be for David as well but the last couple of weeks he's just turned into a douche.

Jim

Frank seems like he knows his stuff especially since he's moved away from the stereotypical Italian dishes. He's also a fellow Long Islander, so I have to root for him. I do like Christine and Josh also, and think Becky is starting to get a bad edit to make her out as more of a villain.

Curious what happened with Josh's sardine dish. Found it hilarious watching him trying to fillet them, hah.

So damn glad Tali is finally gone. David getting through so many times after having raw meat is ridiculous though, they both should have been sent home.

I'm starting to think we're going to have a Monti/Becky final two.

I really hope what the previews allude to don't happen next episode.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Food Network should give Tali his own cooking show. Call it "Mad Meals" or something.

There'd have to be like a 5000 word disclaimer before and after every commercial break but it'd be worth it.

:lol, fantastic idea. I'd seriously watch this.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I gotta say I'm enjoying this season way more than season 1. I'm not sure if it's the contestants or the format change that caused this, but with a few reality TV shenanigans aside, they've done a much better job at asserting it's a cooking show aimed to showcase skills without an excessive amount of curve balls.

I'm also amazed by how much I can stomach Ramsey in this.

Is season 2 worth tracking down?

Ramma2

Crazy how the blue (Wal-mart) team beat the red (Target) team with those delicious and tender Wal-Mart steaks that couldn't have come from Wal-Mart could they?!

Brb going to Wal-Mart.

Dr Prob

Banned
I would jizz all over Monti's Ray Bans

Xva71.gif

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I can only handle so much of this show.. I fucking hate Joe so so much.. he's about the biggest douche on TV.. and the way he holds a fork.

He makes Gordon look like a Care Bear.

Seriously one of the least likable people in the world.. He's the Ahmadinejad of the food world.

TheYanger

Stupid 'twist' basically killed Josh. Then letting Felix sit? Fucking nonsense. Josh was one of the most likeable and apparantly GOOD chefs on the show. Totally killed by Monti's incompetence.

Chris R

Wanna see what the Paula Deen stuff is tomorrow. She has lost quite a bit of weight with her new diet, so it would be nice to see them do something in that vein.

Pkaz01

Im getting tired of Monti's edit. She fucks up towards the end of the countdown only to produce everything perfectly cooked and great. Every damn pressure test or elimination challenge is the same shit. We get it she can cook its hard to expect her to fuck up when she never has.

Josh. :( And Felix is the other cook I'm rooting for, too. Tough to watch him go on those terms.

Im getting tired of Monti's edit. She fucks up towards the end of the countdown only to produce everything perfectly cooked and great. Every damn pressure test or elimination challenge is the same shit. We get it she can cook its hard to expect her to fuck up when she never has.

Yup. They're giving Monti the underdog edit. The producers must love her. Attractive, indie single mother with a kid named Danger. A home cook with a hard luck story and a mountain of twee.

Top Bottom