• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Maybe Monti will be the winner.

Why:
1. The editing consistently emphasizes how she is an underdog
2. She is one of the top winners
3. The tweet where she said that her tomato and soda bread recipe belongs to Fox, suggesting that her recipe got into the cookbook.

Only thing that suggests is that they sign a contract from the beginning saying any dish they make on the show is property of the network.

Pkaz01

I thought it was stupid that they picked ryan instead of stacey after knowing josh wins they totally picked him over her because she might have got in his way. Ryan was good tv and an easy in for josh to get back in.

I have a feeling christine wins the mystery box next episode. She is too good to have not won yet.

greepoman

Wait so he really does call himself flavorelevator outside of Masterchef???

http://www.flavorelevator.com/

Earliest entry is June 1 2012 so I doubt he did beforehand, but looks like he's sticking with it.

Is it just me or does the food he has on there look kinda terrible? It's like a mixture of bad presentation and horrible photography.

mozzarella%20sticks.jpg
short%20ribs.jpg

adelante

Earliest entry is June 1 2012 so I doubt he did beforehand, but looks like he's sticking with it.

Is it just me or does the food he has on there look kinda terrible? It's like a mixture of bad presentation and horrible photography.

Yeah pretty amateurish...my guess is after he got eliminated and when he found out he could come back, he decided to come up with a nickname and use it repeatedly during the second chance round. So after he got booted again, he'd build a website out of it. lol

rakhir

What demographic is he going for with this?
The fine-dining/dude-bro crowd?
'Behind the apron' part of the site is hillarious:

Anytime people eat food, I want them to think of me

Innovative and inspiring flavor combinations grabbed from all corners of the earth that will assuredly keep you coming back, and constantly wondering… what will this culinary juggernaut do next?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Between all the gasping and Joe's "inedible" comment, they didn't show Christine at the end of tomorrow's preview... say goodbye to her.

yeah, he kind of got a raw deal on that one. He's probably one of the more genuinely likeable people left, I'm pulling for him to win it.

Josh is a very talented chef, but.. "one of the more genuinely likeable people left"? Far from it. He's very arrogant.

this_guy

I like Josh - he's a likeable guy, puts up good food, and pulls his weight in the elimination challenges.

Christine is a feel good story, but she hasn't done anything impressive lately (other than cooking blind). And sorry to say, but her handicap makes her a liability in any team challenge.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Christine is a feel good story, but she hasn't done anything impressive lately (other than cooking blind). And sorry to say, but her handicap makes her a liability in any team challenge.
While that's true, I don't think there's going to be any team challenges going forward.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/383209#s-p1-so-i0

Skip 'till "Followed by one of the most brutal elimination challenges of this season" (41:20)... They show Felix, Josh, Monti, Becky, Frank, but not Christine. SHE'S A GONNER!

It's all american only bro

And as I said, christine's tears all over the lens in the preview

While that's true, I don't think there's going to be any team challenges going forward.

Sure about that? Isn't there always a "you must command a group of eliminated chefs to make your food" challenge?

this_guy

I think Frank will make it to the final and lose. He's got the skill but the producer's will pick a pretty female face for the cook book.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Monti continues being so fucking annoying. OHMYREALYL YOULIKEIT FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIMEErWEef

yeah, it's really getting old at this point.

Even with Josh and Felix's dishes looking like shit, David should still be sent home just based on the fact he royally fucked up the advantage he was given. That's just straight incompetence.

What does your honor mean when it is only given when it is advantageous for you to do so?

That is not the situation at all. The purpose of the competition is to win. Not to make sport of the situation. People are there based on the decisions that they make, their inherent skill and their ability to adapt.

They are not there because they enjoy cooking in a group setting. As I mentioned this is not an Arthurian Duel where the purpose is to build bonds and increase the strength of the group as a whole with the secondary reward of placing as the best in show. It is a competition where one person must win and everyone else is eliminated.

You guys are villains.
You guys are Ryan

Or perhaps we simply see the competition for what it is while you are looking through rose tinted glasses.

Top Bottom