• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

purg3

slept with Malkin
seriously, how many times are they going to let David fuck up? Dude get's so many passes, plus I think he's borderline mentally disabled.

That is not the situation at all. The purpose of the competition is to win. Not to make sport of the situation. People are there based on the decisions that they make, their inherent skill and their ability to adapt.

They are not there because they enjoy cooking in a group setting. As I mentioned this is not an Arthurian Duel where the purpose is to build bonds and increase the strength of the group as a whole with the secondary reward of placing as the best in show. It is a competition where one person must win and everyone else is eliminated.

Or perhaps we simply see the competition for what it is while you are looking through rose tinted glasses.

Being a decent person = rose tinted glasses

lol

IceCold

You guys forget that the judges make their decision with the help of the producers of the show. This decision is bullshit and there to create drama in the show.

purg3

slept with Malkin
To be fair, David actually tried to make something while Felix tried to make a Little Debbie snack and still failed.

The only reason he was able to "make" something was because Becky gave him the rice. He squandered the winners advantage and forgot the integral ingredient for his dish. No excuses for that.

When you look at it from an entertainment perspective, it does make sense. As dumb as that is.

The only reason he was able to "make" something was because Becky gave him the rice. He squandered the winners advantage and forgot the integral ingredient for his dish. No excuses for that.

When you look at it from an entertainment perspective, it does make sense. As dumb as that is.

The whole Becky thing doesn't matter at all. They weren't judging him based on him borrowing rice from Becky. They were judging him based on the fact that his dish sucked despite having a massive advantage.

I'm just mad because Felix is hot.

Same here bro. :( Only thing left is Christine which unfortunately they will milk for all she's worth even if she doesn't deserve to be there even though she's done pretty well. I absolutely hate Monti though, she's annoying to listen to.

Dr Prob

Banned
efPJb.jpg

Felix is hot.

I agree and will miss her strange, yet captivating mouth and the way she always seemed baked in the interviews.

Sucks that she was kicked off the week after they brought all those nitwits back from elimination. This is a damaging blow!

Same here bro. :( Only thing left is Christine which unfortunately they will milk for all she's worth even if she doesn't deserve to be there even though she's done pretty well. I absolutely hate Monti though, she's annoying to listen to.

Ughughugh, I loathe Monti. She says some of the dumbest shit, and I absolutely cringe at every dumb facial expression she does and every single outdated slang term from the 90s she uses. And...She talks...So slow...And I just want her to shut the fuck up.

Anybody remember that psycho bitch from last year, Christina (or Christine, I don't remember)? Monti is the EXACT same person as her, except slightly less psychotic, and 100 times more annoying.

Tabris

Right - ultimately it's up to the producers on what's good for ratings and who should be eliminated. And I'm also mad because Felix is hot.

I don't think ratings factor in that much as fan favourites have been knocked out early due to a bad challenge. I don't think this is like Hell Kitchen. They don't spend that much time on drama (which is what I like).

Just adding in my own BOO! David sucks. No way he should have stayed over Felix. She should have gotten a pass on the strength of that gorgeous sushi plate she put together last week alone. That was better than anything David put on a plate all season long.

Becky and Frank final. I want Frank to win it.

Tabris

I have a feeling that David stayed because his mystery box dish was the best while Felix hasn't been in the top for a while.

I want Christine to win.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have a feeling that David stayed because his mystery box dish was the best while Felix hasn't been in the top for a while.

I want Christine to win.

Christine needs to shine more. She's never won a contest. She's consistently good, but rarely great.

greepoman

Actually it was pretty smart of Becky to help David out because he's one of the weakest. No rice and he definitely goes home. From a strategic point of view you want to keep him around if you think you can beat him. And I think it worked because Felix is probably more of a threat than David.

Meh, eliminations like this make no sense. Her dish most likely tasted like dog shit compared to his. But it didn't come off on TV like that at all.

Anyways the inevitable final 4 is Monti, Becky, Frank and Christine. Should be really fun.

TheYanger

I haven't read the thread yet since I'm watching this episode as I type this, but MY FUCKING GOD Monti is such a phony ass bitch. Watching her handle her prawns just fine prior to Chef Ramsey walking up, then suddenly HERE COME THE THEATRICS 'OH MY GOD I CANNOT TOUCH A PRAWN' splashing water everywhere. "did it jump out?!"...then as soon as Ramsey is gone, she's just cutting right into it. Give me a fucking break.

I hate this stupid bitch. I know she won't be, but I PRAY she's out by the time this episode is done.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I haven't read the thread yet since I'm watching this episode as I type this, but MY FUCKING GOD Monti is such a phony ass bitch. Watching her handle her prawns just fine prior to Chef Ramsey walking up, then suddenly HERE COME THE THEATRICS 'OH MY GOD I CANNOT TOUCH A PRAWN' splashing water everywhere. "did it jump out?!"...then as soon as Ramsey is gone, she's just cutting right into it. Give me a fucking break.

Yeah, that was reallllllllllllllllllllly transparent this episode. Ick.

Pkaz01

bullshit decision but they have been tough on her in the past so if she didnt go home this time she would have gone home next. Most likely going to be david anyway but I dont care as long as its not christine.

TheYanger

Ok, finished episode, and I'm still pissed off at Monti but almost more annoyed by the judges and their bullshit, just so we can have a 'villain' going forward. I get that they have to judge each challenge seperately to a point but give me a break.

On the other hand, that's what honor gets you Becky: your friend kicked the fuck out and a worthless sack of shit remaining.

lol Gordon Ramsay does this on just about all his reality shows every season. Any time there is a toss up between 2 terrible outings between 2 chefs, he'll always keep the one that can add some drama. He is good at what he does. They both were terrible, he deserved to go home, but so did she, so he figures he'll get more mileage out of David and then eliminate him at a later date.

GlassBox

Banned
Damn, Lex Luthor living up to his name...

David: "It tastes like my momma's kitchen"

Lex: "that's a place I would avoid"

But yeah, David is such a fool. Not only did he forget the rice, but even when he managed to get it, he still totally messed up the dish. Only reason he didn't go home legitimately was his mystery box performance.

Damn the judges! How the hell does David keep getting through???

I liked how he got tired of serving raw food so for his mystery box dish he didn't even bother cooking the prawn. :lol

David stays over adorable cookery goddess, Felix? Outright idiotic ratings pandering. Last episode was pretty shameless, too. Producers straining every sinew to give the flavorelevatorTM a pass back into the competition.

Top Bottom