• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cutest girl is gone, I'll have to settle for Becky now.

I figured Felix was gone either this week or next but god damn David really does have nine lives.

Ughughugh, I loathe Monti. She says some of the dumbest shit, and I absolutely cringe at every dumb facial expression she does and every single outdated slang term from the 90s she uses. And...She talks...So slow...And I just want her to shut the fuck up.

Anybody remember that psycho bitch from last year, Christina (or Christine, I don't remember)? Monti is the EXACT same person as her, except slightly less psychotic, and 100 times more annoying.

I am glad I am not the only one irked by this...

Watching her eyes constantly widen while the chefs were tasting her dish yesterday was sooooooooooo disturbing... Its like they kept getting bigger!

I am glad I am not the only one irked by this...

Watching her eyes constantly widen while the chefs were tasting her dish yesterday was sooooooooooo disturbing... Its like they kept getting bigger!

My god she was stearing down Ramsey like she was going to stab him any second. That or ball her eyes out if he moaned from a bite.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Fuck David. Fuck his face, his attitude, and his skills. They're leaving him for his screw ups and drama's sake. I can't even look at him, he fills me with disgust. SO MAD.

isny

napkin dispenser
Fuck David. Fuck his face, his attitude, and his skills. They're leaving him for his screw ups and drama's sake. I can't even look at him, he fills me with disgust. SO MAD.

He needs to go. I yelled at my screen when Ramsay sent her home instead of him.

Also, anyone notice Becky's Blue Steel when they cut to her at the end? =D

I'm just mad because Felix is hot.

Words cannot describe how not hot she is, she looks like a hooker from the Vietnam war, she wears too much makeup and is a walking stereotype.

Guys, she made a cat poop on a dish.

Apparently, it also tasted like poop.

David fucked up, but the mystery box challenge saved his ass.

Yeah but David has had many more screw ups than Felix in the whole competition, he doesn't deserve to be there, at all. Felix is a better cook than him.

I'm also tired of Josh being an arrogant ass, he's a good cook... But his personality is so off putting.
Unfortunately, I feel like I'm the only one on GAF with this opinion.

I'm also tired of Josh being an arrogant ass, he's a good cook... But his personality is so off putting.

No, I get that as well. My impression is that Josh is probably a pretty cool cat generally, but he's taking the competition very seriously, which is showing a bad side of him. Or is allowing the editors to show a bad side of him.

How many times has David served raw food? Or the fact that he had a HUGE advantage and was given the idea of the food he would make and still screwed it up completely. The dude should have been gone long ago.

No, I get that as well. My impression is that Josh is probably a pretty cool cat generally, but he's taking the competition very seriously, which is showing a bad side of him. Or is allowing the editors to show a bad side of him.

His reactions to Ryan were great. But other than that I agree, I almost think his arrogance is played up a little though.

Big-E

I would have sent Josh home simply for the fact they gave him the second chance and he went into the bottom 3. I am also bitter that he got chosen over Stacey as Stacey did a lot more on that challenge and deserved it over a tiny mouse. Mystery Box was the only thing that saved David though he should have gone home before Felix. The only person I don't want winning is Josh and Monti, both are too cocky for what they do. At least Becky can back up her cockyness.

Dr Prob

Banned
Only caught the very end last night, watching the prawn battle now.

dkSA8.gif

"Let's go Jeff the Prawn clap clap clap clap clap!!!"

tmdorsey

Yeah but David has had many more screw ups than Felix in the whole competition, he doesn't deserve to be there, at all. Felix is a better cook than him.

Felix was definitely a better cook than David. I was hoping this show would not sink to the Hell's Kitchen level of keeping people around for drama, but unfortunately that's what this move of keeping David around looks like to me. The dude is king of serving raw food.

Josh comes off arrogant sure, but is in no way worse than Becky with her passive aggressive arrogance. I really can't stand her. As for the females I pro Christine all the way. The other 2 chicks are terribly annoying to me.

I'm gonna miss Felix
Damn she had one of the nicest asses I've seen on an asian chick

Felix was definitely a better cook than David. I was hoping this show would not sink to the Hell's Kitchen level of keeping people around for drama, but unfortunately that's what this move of keeping David around looks like to me. The dude is king of serving raw food.

Josh comes off arrogant sure, but is in no way worse than Becky with her passive aggressive arrogance. I really can't stand her. As for the females I pro Christine all the way. The other 2 chicks are terribly annoying to me.

I'm gonna miss Felix
Damn she had one of the nicest asses I've seen on an asian chick

I have do disagree that keeping David was a move for drama. he isn't even a good villain, he is just this nobody goober who cant cook.
If they wanted drama they should have kept Ryan or Tali.

-_-

Banned
Bottom 8 (where's Chen the gay Chinese college student) compete: Joshy-kins! There is a scientific method*!

Top 7 Compete: Too much rage inducing with this David. I can put up with Tali's annoying "method to my madness" but I sure as hell can't put up with David's "oh my glob drama bomb~"

Don't know how to feel about getting a favorite back at the cost of losing a favorite. Still hoping top four will be Kurisutine**, Joshy-kins, Franky, and now Beck-ster (still not cool with this but she's better than David and Monti)

*obviously agnostic
**fucking Steins;Gates

I just learned that there are no new episodes of Masterchef next week or the week after. Fox doesn't want to go up against the Olympics, I guess :\

Ben Starr (from Season 2 - go to 30:00 here to remember ) basically says that this week was rigged and Stacey was robbed:

http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-recap-stacey-gets-robbed/

"While I’m happy for Josh to have a second chance at the title, I feel like all this transpired because the producers regretted eliminating Josh so early. I’m fairly sure they do test screening of footage in front of focus groups while the show is being filmed (I could be wrong about that) and discovered after Josh was gone that they had made a mistake."

I mean, to hear someone say that is already a bit odd, but for Ben Starr to make that sort of accusation is just crazy and it makes me think that he might be right.

TheYanger

Ben Starr (from Season 2 - go to 30:00 here to remember ) basically says that this week was rigged and Stacey was robbed:

http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-recap-stacey-gets-robbed/

"While I’m happy for Josh to have a second chance at the title, I feel like all this transpired because the producers regretted eliminating Josh so early. I’m fairly sure they do test screening of footage in front of focus groups while the show is being filmed (I could be wrong about that) and discovered after Josh was gone that they had made a mistake."

I mean, to hear someone say that is already a bit odd, but for Ben Starr to make that sort of accusation is just crazy and it makes me think that he might be right.

That seems REALLY far fetched to me, editing together a rough cut of the episodes while they're filming to show to focus groups? That's a ton fo extra work with the sole benefit of telling them which characters are testing well, and obviously not very successful if they didn't realize people thought Josh was a strong chef at any point PRIOR to his being eliminated.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Comments seem to be all negative. Haha.

IMG_1060.jpg

It's almost a parody site.... For a trust fund kid, I would have at least expected a much better camera.
Regardless of how the food is presented, those dishes are horribly, horribly photographed. It's giving off unappetizing tones to the colors.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Felix out over David was such bullshit! And I even kinda liked him (based pretty much solely on his audition dish)

Two weeks of HK, yuck, no thanks. I'd rather watch Hotel Nightmare.

Comments seem to be all negative. Haha.

IMG_1060.jpg

It's almost a parody site.... For a trust fund kid I would have at least expected a much better camera.

Definitely makes sense given his horrible, entitled personality but how is this known/where was this stated? lol at those comments.

benjipwns

Banned
Similar to Hell's Kitchen this is going to be on Tuesday only next week (14th) at 9PM after Hotel Hell. And like in that situation, I assume that will be its slot for the rest of the season.

Pushing the Walmart steaks HARD.

Do you think Gordon, Joe, and Graham die a little on the inside when ever they have to act like Walmart steaks are unbeatable cuts of meat?

Frank! Although that's not the way I'd want to win, wasn't Josh the one that said he wouldn't share the rice with David last time? And Frank was the one that said that that was wrong? Oh how the moral tables have turned.

Top Bottom