• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

It has gotten to the point now where I like no one in the kitchen except Frank. So now I am just rooting for Monty or Becky to get eliminated. I cannot stand how fake Becky is, and I cannot stand how annoyingly obnoxious Monty is.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
How these guys can live with themselves while pimping Wal-Mart steaks... seriously.. they have zero credibility after shit like that.

NervousXtian

The line after was the clincher. :lol Must have drove him crazy to read that one off the teleprompter

The only 1 out 5 steaks is good enough to be called a Wal-Mart steak?

It's funny, Joe just looked irritated towards the show most of the episode instead of his usual hatred towards the world.

chris121580

It has gotten to the point now where I like no one in the kitchen except Frank. So now I am just rooting for Monty or Becky to get eliminated. I cannot stand how fake Becky is, and I cannot stand how annoyingly obnoxious Monty is.

I lost some respect for Frank after what he did to Josh last night. I'm not sure what I would've done in his situation but it was cold the way it went down

I lost some respect for Frank after what he did to Josh last night. I'm not sure what I would've done in his situation but it was cold the way it went down

Josh got kicked off, and then brought back on. He's on his second life, why should he get a get out of jail free card as well. Plus he kept royally fucking up that bread shit.

NervousXtian

Of course you save yourself. It's a competition, not make friends camp.

There wasn't even drama there, he knew he was saving himself. Even Josh knew that... because Josh would have saved himself as well.

this_guy

Of course you save yourself. It's a competition, not make friends camp.

There wasn't even drama there, he knew he was saving himself. Even Josh knew that... because Josh would have saved himself as well.

But Frank, in a few episodes back, was all high and mighty about how even though this is a competition, he wants to win the right way. In the episode where David needed rice he was getting on Josh because Josh admitted he wouldn't give him rice.

Yeah I need to find other ways to kill time.

The only 1 out 5 steaks is good enough to be called a Wal-Mart steak?

No, there was a line...I'm paraphrasing badly here but he belts out the "finest steaks from WALMART" line and then is forced to follow it up with something like "Only WALMART can make such high quality steaks and for under $20". It was oldschool, like some sort of ad out of the 60's or something.

this_guy said:
But Frank, in a few episodes back, was all high and mighty about how even though this is a competition, he wants to win the right way. In the episode where David needed rice he was getting on Josh because Josh admitted he wouldn't give him rice.
Deciding to give someone rice to even the playing field and feeling as though you beat the person outright is a bit different than putting yourself through a pressure test to take the supposed moral high ground because you were the team leader.

Plus as mentioned - Josh was the weakest link on the team with his bread fuck-up. He put the blue team behind almost from the get-go. If anything, I found it amusing Josh was all "I got a raw deal" about it. As if he wouldn't have done the same thing.

chris121580

Josh got kicked off, and then brought back on. He's on his second life, why should he get a get out of jail free card as well. Plus he kept royally fucking up that bread shit.

I don't think it would've been a big deal had he not praised Josh initially for doing the best. Like I said, I understand why Frank did it but it was just harsh how it went down.

this_guy

Plus as mentioned - Josh was the weakest link on the team with his bread fuck-up.

Actually Frank said Josh performed the best. He did mess up on the bread, but David was also ruining the sauce or whatever he was doing.

Here in Houston on Fox local news (not the same Fox news Republican propoganda channel) they had a segment with Christine making a desert - so good for her getting some recognition.

Does anyone even actually like these Gordon Ramsay shows? The only semi-interesting one is Kitchen Nightmares. Hells Kitchen is fake as hell because real, proper chefs are so far beyond the level of what you see in HK. They pick drama queens and people who I swear have never seen the inside of a kitchen. This show...just...terrible cooking. All drama. (and yes, I'm sure Kitchen Nightmares has its fair share of fake)

TheYanger

Does anyone even actually like these Gordon Ramsay shows? The only semi-interesting one is Kitchen Nightmares. Hells Kitchen is fake as hell because real, proper chefs are so far beyond the level of what you see in HK. They pick drama queens and people who I swear have never seen the inside of a kitchen. This show...just...terrible cooking. All drama. (and yes, I'm sure Kitchen Nightmares has its fair share of fake)

Your opinion is totally cool and edgy and you've now convinced everyone in this thread to stop watching, thanks for this insight!

On a serious note, yes we like the show, that's why we're talking about it. If you don't like it there are approximately near infinity other threads to read on the board.

Fixed1979

I love them. Easy to watch (no thinking involved) with a really wide variety of characters that are usually to one extreme or the other. I watched the first couple episodes of Hotel Hell and wasn't totally impressed but if there was a Gordan Ramsay channel I would have that shit on all the time...well most of the time.

It does seem a little odd to come into a Ramsay show thread and ask that question though...

chris121580

I'll watch anything with Gordon. Guy is awesome and so are all of his shows

StrangeADT said:
Does anyone even actually like these Gordon Ramsay shows?
Come into the MasterChef thread.

Ask if folks actually like the show.

weebay.gif

The likely answer is yes believe it or not.

If you don't like the shows why bother posting in a thread about them?

Oh look, i wasn't the first person to ask this...

You're right. HK and KN are awful dreck at this stage. The format of MasterChef is just a whole lot more interesting and conducive to focus on actual cooking, rather than typical American reality tv nonsense.

Heysoos

Not gonna lie, I hope Josh goes next. He's annoying as fuck. As if he wouldn't have done the exact same fucking thing as Frank. Guess someone forgot he's the reason they fell behind in the first place.

anyways...

#TEAMCHRISTINE

Jim

Deciding to give someone rice to even the playing field and feeling as though you beat the person outright is a bit different than putting yourself through a pressure test to take the supposed moral high ground because you were the team leader.

A few episodes back, didn't the judges basically call a contestant a dumb-ass for not saving themselves from the pressure test? I like how they partially changed their tune with Frank.

He made the right decision with so few chefs left.

Zoe

A few episodes back, didn't the judges basically call a contestant a dumb-ass for not saving themselves from the pressure test? I like how they partially changed their tune with Frank.

When they are calling the mystery box winners dumb, it's because they fuck up their advantages. Both Felix and David were guilty of that.

Not gonna lie, I hope Josh goes next. He's annoying as fuck. As if he wouldn't have done the exact same fucking thing as Frank. Guess someone forgot he's the reason they fell behind in the first place.

anyways...

#TEAMCHRISTINE

Agreed 100%. Can't stand Josh.

I would love to see Christine win.

Pkaz01

yea josh has been annoying since he came back into the competition. same guy who wouldnt give up rice is complaining about what frank did. Becky called him out on twitter too lol.

I watch all 4 US shows +any of his UK shows and like all of them. Lately US Kitchen Nightmares is the worst with this season of Hells Kitchen being its worst but I still like them.

anyways...

#TEAMCHRISTINE

I really, really liked Josh before he got kicked off. But now he's just getting annoying and is not backing up his talk with his food.

tmdorsey

Plus as mentioned - Josh was the weakest link on the team with his bread fuck-up. He put the blue team behind almost from the get-go. If anything, I found it amusing Josh was all "I got a raw deal" about it. As if he wouldn't have done the same thing.

I don't see how it's that much different. The bottomline is it's a competition and you should take whatever competitive advantage you can get. Frank really contradicted himself and put his foot in his mouth at the same time. I do agree that Josh got a little too angry knowing full well he would have done the same thing if he was in his situation.

On Josh fucking the bread, it's true he did set the team back. I think as team leader Frank should have realized how bad Josh was struggling and pulled off the bread earlier.

David's finally gone. I said before the pressure test started that as bad as David has been fucking up cooking meat all season if Josh couldn't beat him he didn't deserve to stay.

Please let anybody not named Monty or Becky win this thing.

Fuck that shit. Josh shouldn't even be in the fucking competition any more. He already got kicked off once and has been up for elimination pretty much every show since he returned. Complete and total bullshit that he's still around.

Monti should have been the one to stay, and Josh should have gone home.

TimeKillr

See, the way I see it, is that Monti was not good for ratings anymore because she doesn't cause as much drama as she used to, while Josh has his all competitive nature and is good for drama.

My guess is next week Josh is getting kicked out.

In terms of skill, the top 3 is definitely Christine > Frank > Becky, but we'll see. If Josh was kicked this week, it would've been Monti next week for sure.

Top Bottom