• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

xbhaskarx

Every season they need some white-ish (I know Monti is Puerto Rican) loudmouthed single mother with emotional problems who has almost zero cooking skills and gets frazzled easily in stressful situations in the final 5-10, and they always get a sympathetic edit where they 1. talk shit to the mean villain chefs who (correctly) don't like them because they have no skills and 2. have a handful of touching moments with Ramsay where they "prove everyone wrong" by making something that's not absolute crap.
This season it's Monti and last season it was that equally annoying/talentless blonde unemployed single mother, Christine. I assume that demographic makes up a significant chunk of the television audience...

Every season they need some white-ish (I know Monti is Puerto Rican) loudmouthed single mother with emotional problems who has almost zero cooking skills and gets frazzled easily in stressful situations in the final 5-10, and they always get a sympathetic edit where they 1. talk shit to the mean villain chefs who (correctly) don't like them because they have no skills and 2. have a handful of touching moments with Ramsay where they "prove everyone wrong" by making something that's not absolute crap.
This season it's Monti and last season it was that equally annoying/talentless blonde unemployed single mother, Christine. I assume that demographic makes up a significant chunk of the television audience...

Damn, looks like the Masterchef demographic just got f*cking PWNED!

Jim

I kinda wish they would focus on Christine more when she is cooking. I'm really interested about what her process is.

Her assistant must help her a lot more than they show. Especially when it comes to plating. I'm thinking that feeling that white tuna dish wasn't going to let her reproduce the layout of it so accurately.

Her assistant must help her a lot more than they show. Especially when it comes to plating. I'm thinking that feeling that white tuna dish wasn't going to let her reproduce the layout of it so accurately.

Uh, her assistant cannot help in any way at all that involves cooking or plating.

Jim

Uh, her assistant cannot help in any way at all that involves cooking or plating.

Physically no. But it's not unexpected that her assistant can possibly help by describing coloring and other small details as well. It's a heavily edited entertainment show, so there's a lot going on that the producers don't want to (or can't) show the viewers.

Zoe

They didn't show the assistant going up to the sample dish.

I believe Becky did describe it to her a bit though.

LM4sure

Banned
I thought I was watching the new episode now! I was wondering why no one was posting. Guess somehow I missed last week's episode.

Cousteau

Frank is a stone cold lock for top 2 .
Josh shouldnt even b there.he got put out once
And at least two other times he should have went home.

Cousteau

Motherfuckin Josh wont die though.

Its obvious Becky/Frank will b in the finals.

I think thats why Ramsey has been harder on her.

I seriously hope Becky goes home. I cannot stand her. At all. She is so full of shit and has the fakest personality.

If she goes home, I will be happy with the top three for the first time in MasterChef history.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I really wish they would have stopped manipulating her blindness by this point, but I guess they need to for viewership reasons.

Last week putting nothing in the box and telling her after 15 seconds.

My favorite was when Paula Deen came out and everyone goes nuts and Christine just stands there, not giving a single fuck, until someone tells her.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'd guess it's Frank since they went straight from the cheese to raspberry, skipping the chocolate during the judging instead of going in the original order.

Fuck Josh. Seriously, how the fuck does some one who got eliminated weeks ago, who then gets brought back, and is up for elimination every week since he got brought back, end up making it to the top 3.

Such forced producers calling the shots bullshit.

Josh will probably win this thing because the producers love him.

Top Bottom