• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Fuck Josh. Seriously, how the fuck does some one who got eliminated weeks ago, who then gets brought back, and is up for elimination every week since he got brought back, end up making it to the top 3.

Such forced producers calling the shots bullshit.

Josh will probably win this thing because the producers love him.
producers definitely love christine the most. She deserves it, but yeah she is the most marketable as well.

Heysoos

Fuck Josh. Seriously, how the fuck does some one who got eliminated weeks ago, who then gets brought back, and is up for elimination every week since he got brought back, end up making it to the top 3.

There's absolutely no way he wins. It's either Christine or that other chick.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm not sure about that. I think Christine will win this one.

this_guy

Because he FLAT OUT beat Frank today - that's why. And I liked Frank.

Christine and Josh will be the Final 2, it is almost too obvious...

Christine being the underdog(due to her handicap) and josh being the fan favorite who got a second wind. I sort of feel sorry for Becky to be honest because she has nothing that the fans want to see in the final.

Tabris

I don't know why you guys think the voting is fixed this far in. The seasons before have proven it doesn't matter how popular someone is. If they are worried about alienating viewers by Christine being knocked out, they just edit it so it's a cliffhanger in part 1 and she's knocked out in part 2 and people will finish watching the rest of the episode.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
This thread sure turned on Josh quick. As long as Becky doesn't royally fuck up, she'll make the finale. She's a better cook than Josh easy.

Christine got this because it'll get the most viewers.

If Becky wins this, it'll be the third year in a row where the most unlikable female wins.
Strange. I don't see how Whitney was unlikable even if you don't think she deserved to win.

Pkaz01

As long as there is no team challenge or replication bullshit or something ridiculous in a short amount of time christine is the favorite. If they get free reign over their dishes like they did when they served to the guest judges (who were actually pretty impressive) she can't be beat.

Strange. I don't see how Whitney was unlikable even if you don't think she deserved to win.

she was awesome, she would have destroyed this souffle challenge.

chris121580

I'm totally fine with any of the 3 winning. This has been a great season with a lot of likeable people which is nice to see. Sad to see Frank go but Josh's souffles looked a lot better

I'm totally fine with any of the 3 winning. This has been a great season with a lot of likeable people which is nice to see. Sad to see Frank go but Josh's souffles looked a lot better

You speak the truth. They are all doing an awesome job and I'd be happy to see any of them win.

Frank was a good cook, but he let the team down in the competition and then just got beat in the souffles. Regardless of the outcome, I think this season had an amazing final four.

Pretty obvious Josh won that pressure test and he's been consistently good with desserts. Kinda reminiscent of Whitney. If the finale skews to that domain, he might actually pull off a dark horse victory. Christine's marketable whether or not she's the winner. And Becky's ego can get the better of her at times, even though she's probably the overall best cook. It's really up in the air IMO.

chris121580

Pretty obvious Josh won that pressure test and he's been consistently good with desserts. Kinda reminiscent of Whitney. If the finale skews to that domain, he might actually pull off a dark horse victory. Christine's marketable whether or not she's the winner. And Becky's ego can get the better of her at times, even though she's probably the overall best cook. It's really up in the air IMO.
No matter what, all 3, probably all 4 cooks are going to have a lot of success after this competition.

My issue with Josh is that he shouldn't be there. He's was eliminated once already and has been up for elimination every single time since he came back. I personally thought he should have been eliminated for thinking he could improve upon Graham's dish and totally fucking it up. People can bitch and moan about Monti all they want, but at least she didn't get eliminated already and get brought back cause the producers love her.

He may have beat Frank this time but did he clearly win all the previous elimination rounds since he came back, most certainly not.

tmdorsey

I went in thinking Frank was easily going to win, but then remembered that desserts and baking was one of his weaknesses, so it's really not that surprising that he got beat out by Josh in the pressure test. Josh's souffles did look better and probably tasted it better. One of the judges also made a good point about Josh being used to the pressure after being in so many pressure tests while Frank hadn't really had to deal the pressure. Frank screwed himself in a way by fucking up plating the deserts earlier.

The only thing I really hate about Frank being gone is that he was probably the best hope of beating Becky. I really can't stand that chick with her passive aggressiveness and her ego. She's probably the best overall cook left no doubt, but I think her arrogance is going to get the best of her. She was happy to see Frank get cut cause now she thinks she's got an easy path to winning.

The order who I'm rooting for goes Christine>Josh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fuck Becky.

this_guy

I'm glad Josh is back. He might be a little cocky, but he backs it up and doesn't cause drama. Frank took it like a man when he lost, why can't some of the posters here do the same?

tmdorsey

My issue with Josh is that he shouldn't be there. He's was eliminated once already and has been up for elimination every single time since he came back. I personally thought he should have been eliminated for thinking he could improve upon Graham's dish and totally fucking it up. People can bitch and moan about Monti all they want, but at least she didn't get eliminated already and get brought back cause the producers love her.

He may have beat Frank this time but did he clearly win all the previous elimination rounds since he came back, most certainly not.

If I remember correctly, he got a raw deal in the challenge and shouldn't have even been in the elimination test. Also it's not like he just was brought back without being tested. He had to earn his way back. Obviously the judges have thought his fuckups haven't been enough to kick him out or he would have been gone.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I think it'll be Christine vs. Becky, and Christine will win.

Becky's talented but unlikable, Christine is a 'heartwarming' story waiting to be capitalized upon.. but, I do like Christine, even if it's a production coup.

I'm glad Josh is back. He might be a little cocky, but he backs it up and doesn't cause drama. Frank took it like a man when he lost, why can't some of the posters here do the same?

Christian was 100 times more cocky and backed it up way more than Josh did. Josh is like a poor man's Christian.

Fuck I miss Christian.

If I remember correctly, he got a raw deal in the challenge and shouldn't have even been in the elimination test. Also it's not like he just was brought back without being tested. He had to earn his way back. Obviously the judges have thought his fuckups haven't been enough to kick him out or he would have been gone.

If I remember right he didn't get any raw deal in the challenge. Wasn't it the cowboy cook out or another group one, were he was fucking up early on, like screwing up the steaks. Then cried when it came time to pick some one to have immunity that he did nothing wrong, even though he fucked up the steaks.

His ego is way to fucking high, like it was said he's another Christian only more annoying.

tmdorsey

If I remember right he didn't get any raw deal in the challenge. Wasn't it the cowboy cook out or another group one, were he was fucking up early on, like screwing up the steaks. Then cried when it came time to pick some one to have immunity that he did nothing wrong, even though he fucked up the steaks.

His ego is way to fucking high, like it was said he's another Christian only more annoying.

I was thinking it was another challenge where it came down to Monti picking Felix instead of Josh undeservedly. The one you are talking about is where Frank went on about how good a job Josh did and when it came down to picking who he would save, he decided to save himself.

No way he's more annoying than Christian. Josh gives credit where credit is due. If Christian did acknowledge somebody else's skill, it was half-heartily and still thought he was the best. The dude was such a tool he almost became a joke character.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
No way he's more annoying than Christian. Josh gives credit where credit is due. If Christian did acknowledge somebody else's skill, it was half-heartily and still thought he was the best. The dude was such a tool he almost became a joke character.

And somehow this guy has the biggest fanbase for a reality tv show personality ever. Or maybe it's just a GAF thing.

He wasn't even that good.

Pkaz01

The thing with Christine is even if you take the blind marketing angle away from her she has still been consistently one of the best. Josh has even gone home and came back and christine has been in the bottom like once.

#TeamChristine all the way.

I'm only a tad surprised she's still there only because i assumed sooner or later there would be a challenge she couldn't handle. It's pretty damn clear she's been the best cook the whole season. Frank or becky might have a few better skills, but they have been inconsistent a lot. Sure becky was won a lot of mystery box challenges but that shit has become completely irrelevant.

When you look at the elimination table becky/christine have been almost dead even.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MasterChef_(US_season_3))

Pennywise

Gordon Ramsay shows are king of Red Herrings, so chances are she'll have the best dish and win the whole damn thing.

So true.

Just like Hells Kitchen a while ago.
It's almost every time the same with someone leading the scores and somehow the score is even or people having a disadvantage doing the best dish.

This edit isn't looking good for Christine, with this last appeal by Becky getting such an overture. Josh is essentially a lock for the final.

Top Bottom