• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Krissi will make it to top 3 if Masterchef is still the predictable show I think it is. Abandon hope of seeing her eliminated before then.

Zoe

Interesting...

http://benstarr.com/blog/masterchef-4-recap-families-meals-and-sushi-s4e17/
Another giant mystery box is sitting up behind the judges, but before it’s raised, Gordon announces that the winner will be publishing their own cookbook.  This hadn’t yet been mentioned as a prize thus far in the season…only the cash prize and the “coveted” MasterChef trophy.  To me, this indicates that the producers have now decided who is going to win the show.  Because they’re not going to publish a cookbook with a winner who they don’t believe can sell a bunch of cookbooks.  I remember chatting with the producers after my season aired (in which there was NO cookbook deal for the winner) and they told me what a nightmare it had been to publish the season 1 winner’s cookbook…Whitney Miller’s Modern Hospitality: Simple Recipes with Southern Charm, and that they had no plans of publishing another cookbook unless the winner was incredibly marketable.  We all know that Christine Ha, the winner of Season 3, would publish an incredibly marketable cookbook, so the cookbook returned for her season after skipping my season.  (And it’s a good cookbook, I love it.  Recipes From My Home Kitchen: Asian and American Comfort Food.)  Yet there was no announcement of a cookbook in the beginning of this season (at least not that my IPA-soaked brain remembers), so I believe at this point they’ve come to a decision on the probable winner and they believe that person will be able to sell a cookbook.  It will be interesting to watch the editing at this point forward.

Eddie getting booted kind of pisses me off and really reinforces what is wrong with the show. He was the strongest one out of the group and if they are going to look for the "MasterChef", they really shouldn't be booting out the strongest cook over one small mishap, especially on one of the hardest and most technical dishes in the world. It just seems so counter-intuitive, especially when you consider that others that remain there have screwed up cooking basics time and time again. Hard to take the show seriously when someone who has fucked up the basics of cooking food has a better shot at winning the competition than someone who up until that point was a very, very good cook.

I know that the room for error is small when you get further in but for me personally, it is just frustrating to see someone as strong as Eddie get thrown out on a competition like that after the strong showing he has had over the entire season.

Then they want to bring someone back but ignore Eddie? I mean come on... that is a little silly. I don't really like anyone else on the show, but I'd rather see Luca take it I guess. Like, what the hell did Bimi show that he deserves another chance over Eddie?

For shame. For. Shame. Oh well.

MasterChef is probably going to stick with a woman again.

modernhosp.jpg
20130514-032004-244x300.jpg

Bri or Jesse please. Both are marketable. Probably Jesse. She's very pretty.

Hero

Yeah what Ben Starr says definitely makes sense and I remember them NOT talking about a cookbook at the beginning of the season and thinking it was weird.

Marketable I can only see Jessi or Luca. Bri's vegetarianism is a hindrance here. At least I think it would be.

bkw

I hope Bri gets back since they screwed her over when she was captain. Win a challenge and get punished with a team you did not pick.

UberTag

Then they want to bring someone back but ignore Eddie? I mean come on... that is a little silly. I don't really like anyone else on the show, but I'd rather see Luca take it I guess. Like, what the hell did Bimi show that he deserves another chance over Eddie?

For shame. For. Shame. Oh well.
They should throw a swerve. Bring those three chefs back, have them duel against one another, let the winner think they're back in only to face off against Eddie in a head-to-head challenge to win their apron back.

UberTag

Team Bri

please come back
Bri's a sweet girl... but I can't get behind her story arc thus far.

Last year with Christine we got, "Boohoo! I can't see my food. But I'm still a phenomenal chef despite my disability" all season long.
This year with Bri we get, "Boohoo! I can't taste my meat dishes. But I'm still a phenomenal chef despite my vegetarianism" all season long.

Next year we'll get a chef with no arms that can still cook amazing with their feet.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm starting to think Luca might be the winner. With all the emotion he always shows and it'd be a different take for the cookbook with an Italian bent.

Dereck

Last year with Christine we got, "Boohoo! I can't see my food. But I'm still a phenomenal chef despite my disability" all season long.
This year with Bri we get, "Boohoo! I can't taste my meat dishes. But I'm still a phenomenal chef despite my vegetarianism" all season long.

Next year we'll get a chef with no arms that can still cook amazing with their feet.
lol

zero_suit

I laughed too hard at this.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Laughed hard at everyone being spooked to see Lynn just for him to be eliminated first. This guy must have been a God in the classroom.

Top Bottom