• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

If there's one issue I would pick as the biggest of this game, it's the cutscenes, no question. There's some funky loading going on behind the scenes, and I'm willing to bet it's because there are so many cuscenes with the filters, some of which apparently aren't even realtime (?), that play nearly every other room. I can look past it because the gameplay is so damn satisfying, but this would've been a much better experience if they did most of the conversations/narration in gameplay. Too many little moments and conversations are presented in-cutscene that could've been done like the old games.

obonicus

Yeah, story and character complaints for this game are nuts. Rock bottom Max is best Max.

Max Payne was never that competent, but in this game it's taken to absurdity. Max gets
held up and his gun taken away from him at least three times
-- he's worse than Will Ferrell in The Other Guys.

As to the story, my take was that Houser watched Man on Fire, Elite Squad 1 and 2 and played Max Payne 1 and 2, and then mashed them up together into something really dumb by making every character one-dimensional. The game is fun (I just played through MP1 and 2, so I don't think it's as good as those) but the story is awful and the presentation is terrible. I don't even mean the blurring cutscenes, I mean how every single scene transition is followed by some cutscene, and how Max will not shut up about how much he sucks. Really, I get it Max, you've contemplated suicide. At some point it just sounds like a forum cry for help and I just started rolling my eyes at him.

It's almost funny how inept the writing is in places -- from the laziness regarding the setting (was it lack of research that made Sao Paulo into Rio de Janeiro?) to just how much of a clown Max is. Seriously,
the part where he shaves his head comes out of nowhere, everyone recognizes him anyway and he manages to have his gun mugged off him right away

Montresor

Max is a clown because he thought shaving his head would make him inconspicuous? That's an interesting way to suck all the fun out of a cool cutscene.

I never got the impression that he was trying to hide his identity.

Solo

Sorry I didn't join the Max Payne 3 circle jerk club and remain critical towards some aspect of it.

There is no circle jerk. There are people who like it and people who don't, and then hyperbole laced claims like the game having billions of cutscenes.

george_us

People thinking this is the worst Max Payne game are smoking some good shit. Story is a subjective point that I won't argue. I enjoyed it but I could see why other people wouldn't. The gameplay however, is a monumental step up from the first two MP games and I don't even see how that's arguable. MP3 has the best gunplay of any third person shooter on the market today and is arguably the best TPS period available.

Sethos

Banned
It's cool how liking a game and disagreeing with criticism means you're participating in a circle jerk

Because there's a distinct difference in 'disagreeing with criticism' and constantly trying to pull the two liner defence card of "Oh my best game ever, you just suck, you don't get anything". That latter I just see as the usual circle jerking. Not saying every one that doesn't agree with the criticism is part of that group.

The gameplay however, is a monumental step up from the first two MP games and I don't even see how that's arguable. MP3 has the best gunplay of any third person shooter on the market today and is arguably the best TPS period available.

Don't think people disagree with that. It's just the fact that we barely get to play it because of the grotesque amount of cutscenes, coupled with lots of scripted events and being put in lots of cheesy situations that doesn't really feel enjoyable. Core gameplay is fantastic, the story mode is just littered with issues and pulls you out of the game constantly. It's all wrapped up in the subjective part of the story which a lot feel is just bad right now, elements, setpieces and pacing that is also horrid.

The game has some of the best TPS mechanics I've ever tried, everything is so satisfying, sounds are great, graphics are great but the game is severely tainted.

Solo

People thinking this is the worst Max Payne game are smoking some good shit. Story is a subjective point that I won't argue. I enjoyed it but I could see why other people wouldn't. The gameplay however, is a monumental step up from the first two MP games and I don't even see how that's arguable. MP3 has the best gunplay of any third person shooter on the market today and is arguably the best TPS period available.

It's called rose-tinted glasses. I would say this is easily the best MP game. I prefer the tone/aesthetic of MP1/MP2, but other than that this one wipes the floor handily with the older games. Handily.

MormaPope

Banned
The biggest difference between Max Payne 3 and MP1&2 is MP3 is grounded in reality much more than the first two. If you expected a more surreal and personal plot/environment chances are you will be sorta unimpressed.

Personally though I'm glad things were more grounded though, if MP3 felt identical to MP1&2, I would've been really disappointed.

And the comments about Max moving on from his family's death in the MP2 ending doesn't really mean anything. People change, and not having anything to live for is as much an obstacle for Max as fighting the guilt for not protecting his family.

I also felt the ending/last chapter in MP3 was executed much better than MP1&2's ending/last chapter. Besides the characters you encounter, the end "bosses" in MP1&2 gameplay wise are terrible.

MMaRsu

The biggest difference between Max Payne 3 and MP1&2 is MP3 is grounded in reality much more than the first two. If you expected a more surreal and personal plot/environment chances are you will be sorta unimpressed.

Personally though I'm glad things were more grounded though, if MP3 felt identical to MP1&2, I would've been really disappointed.

And the comments about Max moving on from his family's death in the MP2 ending doesn't really mean anything. People change, and not having anything to live for is as much an obstacle for Max as fighting the guilt for not protecting his family.

I also felt the ending/last chapter in MP3 was executed much better than MP1&2's ending/last chapter. Besides the characters you encounter, the end "bosses" in MP1&2 gameplay wise are terrible.

I would agree with you on the story front but I will say that I still found the story very personal, albeit not in the same style as in the old games. Those were very psychological and had an certain dreamy feel to it all. Personally hell yeah I liked that style more, and I am not down with so many ingame cutscenes either. A lot of things COULD have been done ingame, like Passos opening up a fucking door for me like Vinny in the previous games.

A funny moment in Max Payne 2 with vinny near his apartment, he steps into an elevator and you can take the stairs and he yells out fuck it payne I'm going up without ya if you wait too long or something. Stuff like that would all be done in a cutscene in Max Payne 3 and then three guys would burst through the door. There are a few nagging issues here, but in my opinion all of that is overlooked because the gameplay itself is so damn good. The guns feel so satisfying to use and it's just amazing putting down three gangbangers in one fell swoop, or sliding down a surface and switching on bullet time.

The style in the cutscenes can be annoying to some, and others wont mind as much. I would have loved to see the comic cutscenes back, with actual ingame cutscenes before and after or at certain points in the game itself. You know just have comic book stuff in between chapters. Could feel disjointed, could feel good if done right.

But R* always go their own way, and it is certainly a worthy successor to the previous games. Then there is multiplayer which is another amazing thing entirely. Level 32 I am now, and still loving every goddamn minute of it ( when it works ). Sometimes you just get booted out of a server but I'm really hoping for a patch. The patch should also increase XP gained on free aim modes, softlock is ruining the community :(. I feel a lot of people switch over to softlock because they get squashed hard in free aim by people who are cleaning up. I really hate the sniper rifle, RPG and grenade launcher weapons, they are just so fucking stupid.

All in all a better multiplayer experience than Uncharted MP for me, and I really liked UC2 multi. The kills in this game make you feel like a genuine badass. And it's mostly all skill :D.

Fjordson

Yeah, story and character complaints for this game are nuts. Rock bottom Max is best Max.
Yeah, MP 3 Max is twice as interesting as he ever was in the first two games for me.

But as I figured before this came out, the different approach to the character, the new tone, style, atmosphere, etc. would probably rub some people the wrong way. S'all good.

The more E3 trailers and demonstrations I see, the more I appreciate what Rockstar did here with gameplay and the overall style of the game. There's really no other action shooters out there with as much style as this one. Everything else just look like carbon copies of each other.

MMaRsu

The more E3 trailers and demonstrations I see, the more I appreciate what Rockstar did here with gameplay and the overall style of the game. There's really no other action shooters out there with as much style as this one. Everything else just look like carbon copies of each other.

Everything aside from South park looked like ass today.

The biggest difference between Max Payne 3 and MP1&2 is MP3 is grounded in reality much more than the first two.

Wut. In the first hour of MP3 you jump onto a helicopter and shoot a rocket in midair with a pistol while hanging from the landing skids. I don't remember doing anything remotely as outrageous in MP1 or 2.

Fjordson

Don't think people disagree with that. It's just the fact that we barely get to play it because of the grotesque amount of cutscenes, coupled with lots of scripted events and being put in lots of cheesy situations that doesn't really feel enjoyable. Core gameplay is fantastic, the story mode is just littered with issues and pulls you out of the game constantly. It's all wrapped up in the subjective part of the story which a lot feel is just bad right now, elements, setpieces and pacing that is also horrid.

Despite my love for the game, I can appreciate your complaints, Sethos. As a whole, it did feel a lot more closed in and controlled than the first two Max Payne games. Not that those were open world games or anything, but they had a nice pace to them. A certain openness. You could explore the environments a bit more and you didn't feel like you had to constantly push ahead. Parts of MP 3 felt like a waterslide :lol if that makes sense. You were flying forward and there was nothing you could do about it.

For example, I was looking around Club Moderno towards the beginning of the game because it was such an awesome environment (and I wanted to get as much of the golden gun pieces as I could) and all of a sudden, a cutscene of Max talking to Passos on the phone kicks in, with him saying that Fabiana got away and that I failed the mission. Story-wise it totally made sense, but gameplay-wise it was pretty jarring and irked me at the time.

Stuff like that and a few other things in MP 3 are pretty odd considering Rockstar's history of open-world games that give you tons of freedom. If they could balance their linear work here with some of that freedom then I bet they could make a truly mindblowing shooter.

I was pretty invested in the story and Max as a character, so it was still a great ride for me, but I don't find your gripes ridiculous or anything.

Sethos

Banned
Despite my love for the game, I can appreciate your complaints, Sethos. The game as a whole did feel a lot more closed in and controlled than the first two Max Payne games. Not that those were open world games or anything, but they had a nice pace to them. A certain openness. You could explore the environments a bit more and you didn't feel like you were

For example, I was looking around Club Moderno towards the beginning of the game because it was such an awesome environment (and I wanted to get as much of the golden gun pieces as I could) and all of a sudden, a cutscene of Max talking to Passos on the phone kicks in, with him saying that Fabiana got away and that I failed the mission. Story-wise it totally made sense, but gameplay-wise it was pretty jarring and irked me at the time.

Stuff like that and a few other things in MP 3 are pretty odd considering Rockstar's history of open-world games that give you tons of freedom. If they could balance their linear work here with some of that freedom then I'd bet they could a mindblowing shooter.

I was pretty invested in Max as a character and the story, so it was still a great ride for me, but I don't find your gripes ridiculous or anything.

Hey man,

It's not to say I don't like the game, because I do. Everything Rockstar touches becomes gold by my standards, every single Grand Theft Auto game and Red Dead Redemption especially. That's why I just seem all the more bitter and angry because the gameplay is god-tier standard along with everything surrounding it. Yet it all just went off the tracks somewhere with the Single-Player and it frustrates me quite a bit as that's a huge chunk of the game.

Normally I'd just brush off a bad Single-Player campaign and play the rest of what the game(s) has to offer or in this case, go for some grinds, clues, guns or scores in arcade mode but they are are all under the same curtain of problems, still have to sit through every cutscene, still have to deal with frustrating events over and over again. Had this game just been paced much more openly, being able to start a level and play it all the way to the end without being interrupted and then perhaps get a more fleshed out cutscene, plus toned down that obsession with putting players in completely cheap situations with enemies everywhere and you behind a shower curtain, then it usually ends up in basic trial-and-error gameplay until you get out of there alive. That is the cheap way of making a game hard. If that had gotten some attention, this game would have been an easy GOTY.

Also what you mention could easily be a complaint for my part, being 'rushed' in some parts when they also want you to look for pickups and clues but every minor complaint I could possibly have is just overshadowed completely. It's all the more frustrating because I buy so few games, I only go for the true top-bin title which means there's ages between getting a new great game - So when they don't even come close to meeting your expectations it is all the more frustrating.

But as I said, game does have redeeming features and hopefully with an upcoming mouse acceleration fix or at the very least, a fix to MSAA so it doesn't cause additional mouse lag and I have the whole multiplayer aspect to dive in - Plenty of game to go through yet. But I just can't get behind the single-player praise, not one bit.

Enco

The fucking rooftop segment after the
organ transplant
building is one of the worst gaming levels I have ever played. The bullshit shaking makes it near impossible to aim. The final mini boss is also a joke. I needed 4 painkillers to win after around 15 tries.

Kayhan

For the PC crowd, two questions:

1) Is SLI supported?

2) How is the difficulty? Is Normal a stiff challenge or a walk-over? Will Easy be boring?

MormaPope

Banned
I would agree with you on the story front but I will say that I still found the story very personal, albeit not in the same style as in the old games.

I'd say this is definitely right concerning Max Payne as a character. The way his character was fleshed out and how he participates in the events around him is very personal. What I really meant is that Max enters a world completely foreign to him, being around people that he barely knows and being involved in events he doesn't understand.

In MP1&2, every main character was tied to what Max did or is doing, Max's vendetta with the antagonists is due to what they've done to him. In MP3, any revenge Max feels he should dealt out is due to what others have done to others(In some instances).

And I'd say one of the main conflicts/themes of MP3 is how or can Max be happy, which of course would be very personal.

Wut. In the first hour of MP3 you jump onto a helicopter and shoot a rocket in midair with a pistol while hanging from the landing skids. I don't remember doing anything remotely as outrageous in MP1 or 2.

Action wise, MP3 definitely has more outlandish stuff. But story and atmosphere wise?

Gui_PT

The fucking rooftop segment after the
organ transplant
building is one of the worst gaming levels I have ever played. The bullshit shaking makes it near impossible to aim. The final mini boss is also a joke. I needed 4 painkillers to win after around 15 tries.

I see this complaint many times but I still don't get it.

I've went through it on all difficulties and on New York Minute and I completed them all on my first try

Sethos

Banned
For the PC crowd, two questions:

1) Is SLI supported?

2) How is the difficulty? Is Normal a stiff challenge or a walk-over? Will Easy be boring?

1) Yes, get the latest drivers.

2) It's hard in a cheap way. Tons of enemies and lots of cheap shots where they put you in exposed situations, the pathetic mouse movement doesn't help either, especially when you're on the ground. Lots of trial and error gameplay until you get it right, then you can one-shot the events from there on out for next playthroughs.

I see this complaint many times but I still don't get it.

I've went through it on all difficulties and on New York Minute and I completed them all on my first try

I don't get it either. That rooftop section was real easy to me. I even got the headshot achievement first try.

Fjordson

Had this game just been paced much more openly, being able to start a level and play it all the way to the end without being interrupted and then perhaps get a more fleshed out cutscene, plus toned down that obsession with putting players in completely cheap situations with enemies everywhere and you behind a shower curtain, then it usually ends up in basic trial-and-error gameplay until you get out of there alive. That is the cheap way of making a game hard. If that had gotten some attention, this game would have been an easy GOTY.
lmao @ butt-clenching. Agreed, though. I hope a theoretical sequel or future shooter from R* opens things up a bit.

What are your thoughts on the combat in relation to GTA V? Obviously bullet time and other stuff like the killcams doesn't apply there, but I'm really hoping some of Max Payne rubs off on GTA. The shooting and character movement within RAGE is starting to feel pretty damn good in my opinion.

Sethos

Banned
lmao @ butt-clenching. Agreed, though. I hope a theoretical sequel or future shooter from R* opens things up a bit.

What are your thoughts on the combat in relation to GTA V? Obviously bullet time and other stuff like the killcams doesn't apply there, but I'm really hoping some of Max Payne rubs off on GTA. The shooting and character movement within RAGE is starting to feel pretty damn good in my opinion.

I think you can be 100% sure GTA V will play like this, because Rockstar uses expensive technology ( Time and cost wise ) and when it matures, it's distributed throughout all their studios. So now their euphoria motion is spot-on with weight, how the character changes direction and collides with objects, they are sure to use that improvement in their biggest title. Slowmotion will most likely be out but we might see some jumping ala Multiplayer to get out of harms way and into cover.

Kayhan

1) Yes, get the latest drivers.

2) It's hard in a cheap way. Tons of enemies and lots of cheap shots where they put you in exposed situations, the pathetic mouse movement doesn't help either, especially when you're on the ground. Lots of trial and error gameplay until you get it right, then you can one-shot the events from there on out for next playthroughs.

Thank you.

Touching on the gameplay, in Max Payne 2 there were two moments where you had a companion with you. Once during your first trip to Vodka, and later when defending Vinnie. When you find "Mike the Cowboy" at Vodka, he tags along with you, but he's not tethered to you or important in any way. He's a companion, but he can die along your way to Vlad. If he survives, he shows up later in the game, if not, he's dead then and there. I really liked that. Passos is more of a central character, so you couldn't really do it with him, but it does get annoying to have him shouting at you every 3 seconds to hurry up when you're also trying to explore the area and maybe look for scattered clues and golden gun pieces. Seems like conflicting design there.

On characterization, I like what they've done to Max in this game, I like him being down on himself, and I like him hitting rock bottom as an alcoholic. Though I can't say from a superficial level anything about him or the Sao Paulo environments are interesting or memorable within this generation full of bald protagonists and slums. You'll find nothing in MP3 that was like running through an abandoned funhouse based on Address Unknown. Characters had their goofiness in the previous games too; Vinnie was a spastic Italian stereotype with a Captain Baseball Bat Boy collection, Vlad's voice work was played up and I'll always love his "dearest of all my friends" line. You don't really get that in MP3 either, the game takes itself seriously throughout and that'll either come across to some as an improvement and others not.

Though I will agree with the cutscene gripes, the combat is really fun but the game doesn't like giving you too much of it at once uninterrupted.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've already listed why I don't think MP3's gameplay is enough to elevate it from its poor story, technical and design problems. It's more polished and it 'feels' better (well, if you ignore when awkard mouse acceleration gets in the way), but that's about it, I simply don't see the "monumental" improvements, and, like I said, story comes first in MP games, and since I think the story is the worst of the bunch (and man MP2's story was rocky at best) and the gameplay isn't as revolutionary as Rockstar would have me believe, I stand by my belief that it's the worst Max Payne.

No rose-tinted glasses here, I played a bit of the old games this very week and I regularly beat MP1.

obonicus

Though I will agree with the cutscene gripes, the combat is really fun but the game doesn't like giving you too much of it at once uninterrupted.

One thing that I think makes combat suffer is how powerful headshots are. Maybe it's because I played on PC, but headshots were fairly easy to line up (even out of bullet-time) and enemies all seem to drop with one two well-placed shots, making the difference between weapons mostly trivial. There's little reason to use the Bull when the auto 9mm kills enemies just as fast if you go for headshots. (Also, it seemed that outside of certain vital shots enemies soak a little too much damage.)

devo1989

Sure. Max and Vinnie do have a foot chase which starts with them both front flipping onto and off a moving train though..

Fjordson

Sure. Max and Vinnie do have a foot chase which starts with them both front flipping onto and off a moving train though..
Lmfao. That was so god damn weird.

Vinnie's flip was the best. He's stumbling around after he's been shot in the gut, and then all of a sudden turns into Neo and busts this massive flip on to the train.

Montresor

Fucking LOVE this game. This is easily my favourite game of the entire gen. I want to kiss Rockstar.

I just finished my 7th playthrough of the game, finishing NYMH. Here are my stats after 7 playthroughs.

Deaths: 405
Headshots: 6434
Bullets Fired: 92998
Kills in Bullet Time: 8249
Kills While Blind Firing: 255
Kills While Shoot Dodging: 2169
Kills While Crouching: 135
Kills While On Back: 256
Dual Wield: 2656
Distance Traveled: 183,939 m.
Last Stands Survived: 621
Time Spent In Cover: 07:59:57.470
Time Spent Prone: 01:39:11.535
Times Died While Prone: 28

Now I just have one mode left to play: Hardcore! Playing Max Payne with checkpoints again is gonna be a huge fucking relief.

Montresor

7 playthroughs?! My. God.

Well fudge, I miscounted. It's actually just six playthroughs:

1st playthrough: Medium
2nd playthrough: Hard
3rd playthrough: Easy (golden guns, collectables, achievements, etc...)
4th playthrough: Old School
5th playthrough: New York Minute
6th playthrough: New York Minute Hardcore

But if you count all the fuck-ups from New York Minute Hardcore maybe it's a lot more than 6 (or 7 for that matter) playthroughs. In NYMH, you've gotta beat the entire game in one sitting without dying once. My attempts went like this:

1) Failed at Ch.4 (waited too long to go through a gate, my partner died)
2) Failed at Ch.2 (accidentally shot a woman)
3) Failed at Ch.11 (fucked up a fight and wasted all my painkillers)
4) Failed at Ch.10 (got one-hit-killed by a sniper)
5) Failed at Ch.7 (hit in the face with a molotov)
6) Failed at Ch.6 (I had no painkillers and died almost instantly)
7) Failed at Ch.2 (accidentally shot that same woman)
8) Completed NYMH

zkylon

zkylewd
Well fudge, I miscounted. It's actually just six playthroughs:

1st playthrough: Medium
2nd playthrough: Hard
3rd playthrough: Easy (golden guns, collectables, achievements, etc...)
4th playthrough: Old School
5th playthrough: New York Minute
6th playthrough: New York Minute Hardcore

But if you count all the fuck-ups from New York Minute Hardcore maybe it's a lot more than 6 (or 7 for that matter) playthroughs. In NYMH, you've gotta beat the entire game in one sitting without dying once. My attempts went like this:

1) Failed at Ch.4 (waited too long to go through a gate, my partner died)
2) Failed at Ch.2 (accidentally shot a woman)
3) Failed at Ch.11 (fucked up a fight and wasted all my painkillers)
4) Failed at Ch.10 (got one-hit-killed by a sniper)
5) Failed at Ch.7 (hit in the face with a molotov)
6) Failed at Ch.6 (I had no painkillers and died almost instantly)
7) Failed at Ch.2 (accidentally shot that same woman)
8) Completed NYMH
Wait you gotta beat the entire game in one sitting? I thought it was just NYM without last stand. That's pretty brutal...

I've hit this glitch where pistols work fine, uzi's and mp5's won't stop firing when equipped and my shotgun won't fire at all. Validated local files, took a bit of time, dunno if it downloaded anything but I had to re-activate MP3 when I booted it up and manually input my serial key.

Steam forums don't have anything on this and google yields nothing. Kinda don't want to have to re-download and re-install another 30GBs.

Hazanko

Banned
I bought the game, mainly because of negative impressions lol. I loved the first two games and was curious to how they handled it. It's not bad, haven't found it hard yet. I'm upto the part where he starts wearing that colourful shirt. I do miss the graphic novel cutscenes, the new ones are okay apart from the heavy use of that effect. I also hate the way Rockstar makes characters flail their arms around like madmen. It's over-the-top but I knew there would be things like that since they love over-the-top characters.

Maybe it's me but multiplayer on PC/free-aim consists of me with an avg life of 15 seconds and accuracy of 9% while everyone else is hitting me with headshots and crotchshots to death. I didn't think I was this bad...

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe it's me but multiplayer on PC/free-aim consists of me with an avg life of 15 seconds and accuracy of 9% while everyone else is hitting me with headshots and crotchshots to death. I didn't think I was this bad...
It's not just you. I have mixed feelings about the multiplayer...

It's not just you. I have mixed feelings about the multiplayer...

Yea, I played it on 360 and was really digging it. It's almost like the mouse is just way too accurate. Levels are too small or something. I suppose that is on purpose, but it's not fun at all. This is Rookie DM/TDM as well. I'm not sure I'll go back to it, and it was a big consideration in dropping the 60 bucks on this game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yea, I played it on 360 and was really digging it. It's almost like the mouse is just way too accurate. Levels are too small or something. I suppose that is on purpose, but it's not fun at all. This is Rookie DM/TDM as well. I'm not sure I'll go back to it, and it was a big consideration in dropping the 60 bucks on this game.
I played Regular TDM until I unlocked Gang Wars but left it at that. Mouse aim in multiplayer was enough to sway me away for now. But you're right, the maps seem too small. It takes only like literally 3 seconds for you to be in a shootout. It's exhausting.

I really, really enjoyed everything about this game. Of course, I never played MP and MP2, so I'm really looking at MP 3 on it's own regard. The story was interesting and I enjoy Max as a flawed character. The shooting mechanics in the game are solid albeit flawed (Which, I've seen covered).

I do kind of wish that Max moved in SP like the characters do in MP. They just seem a bit faster although I'm sure they don't have as many animations as Max does.

Also, an odd thing occurred in the airport level where 'Tears' starts to play. as I ran through, a glitch caused the entire level to become invisible, including enemies. So the moment was ruined for me. Although I am proud to say even though I was handicapped with invisible enemies, I didn't die. Just looked for the muzzle flare and fired like crazy.

Definitely going to play through the game again.

Seriously, what the fuck, shotguns do not work, SMGs do nothing but spray and pistols work fine. No one else is experiencing weird shit like this with the guns? Game is fucking unplayable.

Seriously, what the fuck, shotguns do not work, SMGs do nothing but spray and pistols work fine. No one else is experiencing weird shit like this with the guns? Game is fucking unplayable.
Never experienced any of these specific issues. I do have an issue where laser sights make guns wildly inaccurate though, so I have to shut them off immediately. It's bizarre.

pa22word

PC patch releasing:

We've had a lot of positive feedback from the community on the launch of Max Payne 3 on PC and our support for a wide range of specs. That said, there are still a few commonly reported issues, and we'll be rolling out a series of patches that address these starting tonight.

Issues fixed by tonight's patch are below. Our goal is to get everyone up and running as smoothly as possible so be sure to hit http://support.rockstargames.com if you are having any specific issues.

Compatibility Issues
* Fixed reported issues with needing service packs, compatibility with incorrect OS.

Various Crashes
* Fixed a range of issues which could have led to crashes on startup and in-game.

Audio Crash
* Fixed reported issues of audio dropouts when no audio device was plugged in, or when the headphones/speakers disconnected while in game.

Mouse Sensitivity
* Fixed reported issues of mouse being sluggish, especially in prone and Shootdodge™. Increased top end range of mouse sensitivity, but kept the slider from 1-10, allowing the user more range in their sensitivity setting.

Mouse Acceleration
* Fixed reported issues of mouse acceleration affecting aiming, included commandline option to disable mouse acceleration, -nomouseaccel (In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Mouse Controls menu).

Stretched Image / Wrong Aspect Ratio
* Fixed reported issues of game locked in incorrect aspect ratio, or alt-entering and having incorrect aspect ratio. Added commandline option for locked aspect ratio as commandline option -aspectratio width:height (ie. -aspectratio 4:3 / -aspectratio 16:9) In a future update, this will be added as an option in the Graphics menu.

Video Memory Reporting as 0MB
* Fixed reported issues of the video card reporting having 0MB of video memory available. Users unable to adjust Graphics options because of this (Also helps fix stuttering on some video cards).

We are aware of a few outstanding issues including multiplayer cheaters and hackers. Rest assured this will be dealt with in a forthcoming patch.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames

Thank fucking god, as the mouse problems were infuriating.

MMaRsu

Rockstar put out a patch like THAT... they are trying to please you PC gamers..

I know this sucks EatChildren but give it another chance!

Top Bottom