• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Nice, two of my problems seem to be fixed with this patch then (asking me for SP1 and wonky mouse). If they completely fix the mouse aim, that'll be one hell of an upgrade for the game.

Same here; nice to see they are actually looking into the MP stuff. After playing it a bit more I have a feeling there's a lot of cheaters out there. Being decimated as bad as I was seemed iffy. I don't know for sure but I did much better on 360 MP, and assumed with better control via mouse I would do better than that.

BFA

Can't wait to replay this game with a mouse I can actually control. I hope in future patches, we are able to skip cutscenes as well.

Can't wait to replay this game with a mouse I can actually control. I hope in future patches, we are able to skip cutscenes as well.

Doesn't arcade mode cut out most cutscenes? There's also cutscenes that can be skipped, the ones that can't are there because they mask the loading.

Doesn't arcade mode cut out most cutscenes? There's also cutscenes that can be skipped, the ones that can't are there because they mask the loading.
PC and console cut-scene skippability seems to be pretty much the same, which is a shame. I don't think background loading is the only reason we can't skip some of them.

pa22word

PC and console cut-scene skippability seems to be pretty much the same, which is a shame. I don't think background loading is the only reason we can't skip some of them.

Indeed. Sit through any cutscene that tells you "still loading" for 2 mins and exit back to the main menu. Then resume your game to watch it load in like 7 seconds flat :mad:

Not to mention there's a cutscene you can flat out miss when you first visit the Favela (
the missionary with the ex-cop you meet in the nightclub bathroom
) that has that dreadful "still-loading" popup when you try and skip it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Cuts intro and outro cutscenes, but all the in-betweens are still there and a lot of them have the infamous STILL LOADING sign of unskippability. A piss poor choice not to include actual loadings in the game, and instead to have you clicking (or pressing enter -I found some cutscenes ignore my madly clicking but do get skipped when I press enter) like crazy, trying to figure out which cutscene you can skip.

Cuts intro and outro cutscenes, but all the in-betweens are still there and a lot of them have the infamous STILL LOADING sign of unskippability. A piss poor choice not to include actual loadings in the game, and instead to have you clicking (or pressing enter -I found some cutscenes ignore my madly clicking but do get skipped when I press enter) like crazy, trying to figure out which cutscene you can skip.

Yup, the enter trick is never certain it seems. It is pretty annoying. At least the cutscenes are terribly long for the most part.

Montresor

Ugh, just accidentally skipped a cutscene. It's bad enough that there are long ass unskippable cutscenes, but the ONE time I push A accidentally, the cutscene automatically skips.

1) Every cutscene must be skippable

2) For christ's sake, give the user a "Are you sure you want to skip the cutscene" message.

haikira

PC patch is now live folks!

EDIT: haikira beat me to it with his ninja skills o_o

When it comes to Max Payne, I never mess around.

It's funny. I didn't think there was much wrong with the aiming before. But now that I've turned off acceleration, I couldn't imagine going back. Just tried a few encounters there and it feels amazing.

pa22word

Holy shiiiiiiit the shootdodging and BT feel AMAZING now!

It's like a blast in the past to Max Payne 1/2....but in a an amazing sort of way!

zkylon

zkylewd
Yup, the enter trick is never certain it seems. It is pretty annoying. At least the cutscenes are terribly long for the most part.
Worst offender for me are the intro credits. It's like five fucking minutes, which were great the first time, but feel like they take eons the following times. It didn't help that the game crashed twice on the first level and for some reason it didn't save, so I had to watch the damn intro three times before actually starting to play :(

It does. I compiled a quickfix over in the de facto PC OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38469327&postcount=1180
Oh man I love you so much! You just gave me another playthrough! Will try this no doubt tomorrow when I get home...

Steam patch just downloaded for me. 23.3MB.

EDIT: No mouse acceleration, feels sooooo good.
So many good news regarding this game the only day I'm not sleeping home lol

pakkit

Banned
I recorded the ending of Max Payne 3 on PC with nearly all max settings at 1200p. Watch only if you finished the game! Switch the video to original for full quality. 1080p works as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrmTKckWXJg&feature=youtu.be

That music at 4:09. What an amazing transition. It really wraps up Max's life so well.

The quote above the bar is a Portuguese translation of the philosopher Seneca, and means "There is nothing in the world so admired as a man who can bear unhappiness with courage."

haikira

PC Payne, are you guys going to play the Arcade modes or not? Seems like me and 2 other guys only care about it.

I've actually been doing the first few levels.

Anyone able to to hit me up with an invite, to the clan by the way? This is actually my GOTY. I'm active and positive about the game. I was just on a blackout, until I finished the story.

EDIT: Remembered to check OP. Stuck in a request, to the clan on the social club. I have an exam tomorrow, that I'll be revising for. But after that, I'll be pretty active again.

my favorite feature is easily becoming vendetta..

It really creates a tension between me and my newly formed arch nemesis.. I know he's hunting me

or/ he knows I'm hunting him

watch your back, new foe

I will get you

*pop pop*

oh, btw, HOW OP ARE THE FUCKING PISTOLS

nerf plz -_-

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This game looks and sounds amazing on my PC. I have a decent mid-level rig and I can basically max out most of the settings and crank up the AA in DX11 mode and I'm getting a smooth 30fps.

I'm not really "getting" the game loop yet. I still feel like I'm doing it wrong. If I pop out from cover to shoot, my health meter instantly starts depleting, so the only viable option is strategically placed dives, which is kind of hilarious, but gets kind of weird after a while.

Edit: wait, you can turn off mouse acceleration? Nice.

It's really nice to see Rockstar kicking ass with their PC support.

Montresor

I love the little touches in this game. <3

I just booted the game up, and the title treats me with a shot of Max drinking all alone inside the
boat
while everyone's partying and having fun outside, reflecting my story progress (I've reached
Ch.11
).

I like that Rockstar did this with the title screen. It changes depending on your progress in the story.

Sober

PC Payne, are you guys going to play the Arcade modes or not? Seems like me and 2 other guys only care about it.
Started with the first few levels. Dunno if it's because they finally removed the mouse acceleration or I just know the flow of the levels know but it feels much better and it's pretty damn fun.

Second issue of comic series coming on June 12!

533884_10151030279065097_304203364_n.jpg

Check out the cover of Max Payne 3 Issue #2: "Hoboken Blues" - the middle chapter of this three part comic series produced by Marvel - which will be available as a free download via the Max Payne 3 Official Site on Tuesday, June 12th (look for it at additional digital comic outlets shortly thereafter).

"Hoboken Blues" further explores Max's fractured psyche as he recalls the circumstances of his life that led up to his confrontation with Tony DeMarco in the Hoboken dive bar at the onset of Chapter 4 in Max Payne 3. Max's time as New York City cop, his early days on the force, meeting his wife and his ultimate dismissal from the NYPD in the wake of the events that transpired in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne are all featured in this new issue, written by Dan Houser and Remedy's Sam Lake, with cover art by Jorge Molina and pencils and inks by Fernando Blanco.

There's also still time to get your hands on a printed edition of Issue #1: "After The Fall", as we're giving away ten copies to lucky Social Club members every week until through the end of this month. Just enter your Social Club info at www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/comics for your chance to win.

Top Bottom