• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Montresor

Man what a beautiful game. Everything about the gunplay, attention to detail, cutscene style, music, Max's narration, all of that is flooding back and reminding me why this was my personal GOTY.

The music is this game's greatest strength, besides the slick gunplay. I'm only at Chapter 2 in this playthrough but I'm sooooo excited to get back to Chapter 11. When you wake up in the yacht in Ch. 11 and that awesome music kicks in I just melt.

Montresor

So how do I get the new DLC if I have the Season Pass? Wouldn't let me access Challenges on the main menu.

If you have the season pass you need to select Xbox Marketplace from the main menu (where it says Story/Arcade/Multiplayer/Xbox Marketplace/etc... the order is a bit off but you get the gist). When you're in the marketplace select Rockstar Pass and download Deathmatch Made In Heaven along with compatibility pack #3.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Easily my GOTY 2012. Anyone else love the multiplayer or am I alone on that score...?

CO-OP, by the way, brought back waves of Max Payne 2 Dead Man Walking style nostalgia. It should've been in the box, though.

EDIT:

:lol @ no singleplayer Dead Men Walking. Rockstar is clueless sometimes, I swear.

You can play it solo using Private Match. Sweet Avatar, BTW.

EDIT 2: A quick, rabbling, incoherent and parentheses heavy review for you...

Well... Co-Op is (I think) freakin' awesome fun. Due to the similarities to Max Payne 2's DMW mode, I had huge gobs of nostalgia splatting all over my Joy Lobes (that is not a euperhmism). This may have affected my judgement somewhat... so, you have been warned.

I played it solo and with a little buddy. Essentially, it's all the single player mechanics (including last stand) in an enclosed area. Be prepared to put in some serious time because, if you play your cards right, you can last ages. You will feel like an utter badass.

You play as either Max or Passos, using any of their skins you unlocked/downloaded in the MP. You'll be attacked by waves of mooks, each getting progressively better armed and better trained. It gets pretty manic. What is quite nifty is that all of the mooks use the stuff we use with our avatars. After a few waves you get a Boss Round, culminating in a bunch of Bomb Suit wearing nightmares. Needless to say, they take quite a few bullets to take down.

As you kill more mooks you build up Grit which allows you to either unlock doors leading to other areas of the map or open crates that can have weapons, weapon upgrades, painkillers or ammo. This means levels have been tweaked and adapted specifically for this mode (extra doorways, floorboards, crates in walls etc), making them seem - oddly - larger. It'd be nice to have more than two levels but it's much of a muchness, really.

The presentation is quite snazzy: you have a helicopter following you about with a spotlight, offering news-style commentary on your spectacular kills. As you'll likely find out, the helicopter acts as the "kill" cam, which is a pretty cool touch. You see, rather than die in Co-Op, you get captured. The other player has to get to you and release you, which can be a bit of a mission in the later waves. The captured player watches all this from the helicopter camera. Like OJ Simpson without the car.

I haven't tried the other modes yet and frankly don't expect to anytime soon.... I think this one will be taking up most of my time for the foreseeable.

I'm in love all over again.... if only I could use my Mona in it.

vidcons

Banned
Okay, Co-Op is freaking gnar. Think Zombies from World at War but the enemies are not defenseless hobbling braindead pre/post-corpses. Waves of rough dudes swarm out of crevices with their guns drawn, ready to mad blast the sad blaster. You can open doors, open gun boxes, swan dive off buildings and unleash a furious hail of bullets while your partner rolls out from behind a truck and melee executes a Bad Man.

Challenge mode is pretty okay. Before every encounter, the game will pause and tell you your objective. This is usually something like "Get 4 headshots" or "Kill 2 guys with only explosives." There is room for cool, diverse moments where the answer to the puzzle is a little trickier than the obvious.

but that will probably never shine because the same, main problems with the base game pop up. You're in a great playground for shooting and shooting stuff, but the design is so structured around how you're supposed to specifically shoot that it's amazing that they put so much effort into "shooting wrong." I'm not going to say that the challenges are randomized on each play through, I'm going to say that they could be, but I'll never find out on my own.

You can play solo in private? Fuck yes. Me love you long time then, Rockstar. Now to wait until next fucking week due to SCEE.

Also, do you have to play as Max and Passos, or can you use your own deathmatch-chosen character? Would be sweet to team Max and Mona together.

Dead Man/Men Walking is amazing. My only gripe is that with the way opening weapon/ammo boxes works, only the person who opens the ammo box gets the benefits.

There are heavily armored enemies, but they only show up 3-5 at a time, and there's no other enemies in that round.

Had some awesome moments where shit went down and we were both diving through the air, guns blazing. This should've been in the game day 1.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You can play solo in private? Fuck yes. Me love you long time then, Rockstar. Now to wait until next fucking week due to SCEE.

Also, do you have to play as Max and Passos, or can you use your own deathmatch-chosen character? Would be sweet to team Max and Mona together.

Mona is my favourite character in the series but, tragically, you have to be Max and Passos. The cool thing is that you can use any of their skins that you unlocked/downloaded in multiplayer... Max Payne 1, Police Max (FTW!) or Bodyguard Passos etc.

Okay, Co-Op is freaking gnar. Think Zombies from World at War but the enemies are not defenseless hobbling braindead pre/post-corpses. Waves of rough dudes swarm out of crevices with their guns drawn, ready to mad blast the sad blaster. You can open doors, open gun boxes, swan dive off buildings and unleash a furious hail of bullets while your partner rolls out from behind a truck and melee executes a Bad Man.

Well said! If that doesn't get you pumped, nothing will.

undrtakr900

So I started playing single-player again on Hard, and for some reason I'm having a much more fun time than when I first played through months ago on medium. Mainly because I don't spend half the time looking for those dam "collectibles", instead I just have my laptop open to the item location guide. Thanks to the guide I only have about 3 golden gun pieces left till I get the achievement, while getting all the gameplay achievements I missed along the way.

My first playthrough I was upset this wasn't the "Remedy" style Max Payne I was used to(setting,tone,gameplay), but now I just accept it for what it is, a Rockstar interpretation. I'm trying to follow the story, so I'm watching all the cutscenes again(not that I had a choice lol). So far I'm on Chapter VIII and loving it, except for the Favelas which seemed like a shooting gallery with enemies popping out of doors, windows, roofs, balconies, etc.

I don't know why I'm having so much more fun during my second run through, did anyone else find themselves enjoying the game more on their subsequent play through?

Easily my GOTY 2012. Anyone else love the multiplayer or am I alone on that score...?
Yes, I am loving the multiplayer too(since I'm an upgrade whore, from COD). I love trying the different combinations of weapons, upgrading them and switching my gameplay style with the different perks. Though I seem to only see a few weapons used by players as they are clearly superior than the rest.

I also wish there were more people to play the other mode, so far 99.9997% of the time its just: Gang Wars or Team Deathmatch and very seldom are there enough to play (my favorite) Payne Wars. I never had enough players for any of the other modes. But still having a blast when I do get in a match :)

CO-OP, by the way, brought back waves of Max Payne 2 Dead Man Walking style nostalgia. It should've been in the box, though.

EDIT 2: A quick, rabbling, incoherent and parentheses heavy review for you...
Well... Co-Op is (I think) freakin' awesome fun. Due to the similarities to Max Payne 2's DMW mode, I had huge gobs of nostalgia splatting all over my Joy Lobes (that is not a euperhmism). This may have affected my judgement somewhat... so, you have been warned.

I played it solo and with a little buddy. Essentially, it's all the single player mechanics (including last stand) in an enclosed area. Be prepared to put in some serious time because, if you play your cards right, you can last ages. You will feel like an utter badass.

You play as either Max or Passos, using any of their skins you unlocked/downloaded in the MP. You'll be attacked by waves of mooks, each getting progressively better armed and better trained. It gets pretty manic. What is quite nifty is that all of the mooks use the stuff we use with our avatars. After a few waves you get a Boss Round, culminating in a bunch of Bomb Suit wearing nightmares. Needless to say, they take quite a few bullets to take down.

As you kill more mooks you build up Grit which allows you to either unlock doors leading to other areas of the map or open crates that can have weapons, weapon upgrades, painkillers or ammo. This means levels have been tweaked and adapted specifically for this mode (extra doorways, floorboards, crates in walls etc), making them seem - oddly - larger. It'd be nice to have more than two levels but it's much of a muchness, really.

The presentation is quite snazzy: you have a helicopter following you about with a spotlight, offering news-style commentary on your spectacular kills. As you'll likely find out, the helicopter acts as the "kill" cam, which is a pretty cool touch. You see, rather than die in Co-Op, you get captured. The other player has to get to you and release you, which can be a bit of a mission in the later waves. The captured player watches all this from the helicopter camera. Like OJ Simpson without the car.

I haven't tried the other modes yet and frankly don't expect to anytime soon.... I think this one will be taking up most of my time for the foreseeable.

I'm in love all over again.... if only I could use my Mona in it.
Dam this review along with the seemingly universal praise for CooP has me pumped to play it, but my only worry is that there won't be anyone to play it with. I've been getting down in multiplayer pretty heavy for the past week and I only occassionally find a full GangWar/TDM game. I don't want to spend $10 and not have anyone to play with =( , since my work/school I game at odd hours in the early a.m.

Rainy Dog

Started this up on the PC last night after picking up in the Steam winter sale.

Was absolutely floored at how good it looks after playing through it on the PS3 only a couple of months ago. Seems to run perfectly with everything maxed out and SMAA instead of any in-game AA too, if the first chapter is a solid indication of overall performance anyway.

Felt so good to play again as well coming off a not too favourable playthrough of Spec-Op's The Line.

Sucks that co-op mode only has two maps, and only Max and Passos can be used. Also, what happened to New York Minute co-op? Season pass owners got fucked over again with misleading promises.

vidcons

Banned
Sucks that co-op mode only has two maps, and only Max and Passos can be used. Also, what happened to New York Minute co-op? Season pass owners got fucked over again with misleading promises.

let's sue them and get a refund because they sold a us a future product and then backed out of it

50% serious, here

Was it due to the developer being closed down? They claimed that the content from two cancelled packs would be included in the other ones, but I severely doubt that.

Montresor

So I started playing single-player again on Hard, and for some reason I'm having a much more fun time than when I first played through months ago on medium. Mainly because I don't spend half the time looking for those dam "collectibles", instead I just have my laptop open to the item location guide. Thanks to the guide I only have about 3 golden gun pieces left till I get the achievement, while getting all the gameplay achievements I missed along the way.

My first playthrough I was upset this wasn't the "Remedy" style Max Payne I was used to(setting,tone,gameplay), but now I just accept it for what it is, a Rockstar interpretation. I'm trying to follow the story, so I'm watching all the cutscenes again(not that I had a choice lol). So far I'm on Chapter VIII and loving it, except for the Favelas which seemed like a shooting gallery with enemies popping out of doors, windows, roofs, balconies, etc.

I don't know why I'm having so much more fun during my second run through, did anyone else find themselves enjoying the game more on their subsequent play through?

Funny, I'm also on Chapter 8, but this is my bajillionth playthrough of the game. I'm playing the game through on medium because challenge mode is locked unless you've beaten the game at least once, and I lost my save files awhile back.

I love this game so much. The end of chapter 7 is beautiful, Max in shock at his
failure
and the game seemlessly transitioning to
Jersey
in the next chapter, Max looking down at another
dead girl he was supposed to protect

I chuckled at the beginning of Ch. 8. "You Max Payne?" and then "Somehow I didn't think they were gonna say I won the lottery."

The music is top notch. I should buy the soundtrack.

Made it to 43 rounds of Dead Men Walking before my co-op partner left. We must have played for three hours straight... he saved my ass like 12 times. I don't even want to know how much further we could've gone.

Before that when I was going solo, I got almost 200 kills. It's crazy how good this mode is despite being so bare bones (only two levels and two characters to play as). They should make every level available for this mode.

undrtakr900

Funny, I'm also on Chapter 8, but this is my bajillionth playthrough of the game. I'm playing the game through on medium because challenge mode is locked unless you've beaten the game at least once, and I lost my save files awhile back.

I love this game so much. The end of chapter 7 is beautiful, Max in shock at his
failure
and the game seemlessly transitioning to
Jersey
in the next chapter
, Max looking down at another
dead girl he was supposed to protect

I chuckled at the beginning of Ch. 8. "You Max Payne?" and then "Somehow I didn't think they were gonna say I won the lottery."

The music is top notch. I should buy the soundtrack.
I generally loved the game's transitions all around, especially from cutscene-to-gameplay where the camera just seamlessly rotates to the over the shoulder view.

I also noticed other little details on my 2nd playthrough, like if you shoot a dead body blood will pour out of the wound and made a puddle of blood. Then if you step in that puddle you will leave bloody footprints.

But one thing I did hate on future play through, is that when you find a (previously discovered) "clue" he doesn't say anything. Which sucked because I was actually trying to pay attention to the story this time. Is there a way to reset the "clues" so he give dialog on them again?
Made it to 43 rounds of Dead Men Walking before my co-op partner left. We must have played for three hours straight... he saved my ass like 12 times. I don't even want to know how much further we could've gone.

Before that when I was going solo, I got almost 200 kills. It's crazy how good this mode is despite being so bare bones (only two levels and two characters to play as). They should make every level available for this mode.
Wow, 43 rounds?? Does it have an extremely slow difficulty ramp up or something. Most hoard/suvival games I play the gameplay rounds starts getting extremely difficult/hectic during the mid-late 20's.

Or are you guys just that good :p
Started this up on the PC last night after picking up in the Steam winter sale.

Was absolutely floored at how good it looks after playing through it on the PS3 only a couple of months ago. Seems to run perfectly with everything maxed out and SMAA instead of any in-game AA too, if the first chapter is a solid indication of overall performance anyway.

Felt so good to play again as well coming off a not too favourable playthrough of Spec-Op's The Line.
I wanted to play Spec Ops becuase I was intrigued by the story. But is it still worth playing if I already had the ending spoiled for me?

Wow, 43 rounds?? Does it have an extremely slow difficulty ramp up or something. Most hoard/suvival games I play the gameplay rounds starts getting extremely difficult/hectic during the mid-late 20's.

Or are you guys just that good :p

I was doing OK, it was my partner who was really destroying everyone. It seems really manageable most of the time and it does ramp up kind of slow. There's a point where we were frequently getting into close calls though. You have to keep moving to collect supplies, so that keeps you from holding up in one place for long.

After a while, every enemy has helmets/body armor on, but if you aim right you can kill them in one-two shots (though I was hardly aiming right by the end since I was so tired). We could've kept going for a while longer I imagine.

I think they could increase the number of enemies every round - I wasn't paying attention, but I think it stopped increasing at about 50-60 enemies in a round - but lower the number of enemies with body armor. That way, you're encountering enemies every step of the way, but are able to dispatch them quicker.

And about the clues in single-player, I don't know how to get him to repeat what he says while looking at them, aside from starting a new game. Even then, sometimes it skips that audio...

Rainy Dog

I wanted to play Spec Ops becuase I was intrigued by the story. But is it still worth playing if I already had the ending spoiled for me?

Depends on how partial you are to serious business, 'visceral', military shooting galleries with lots of swearing and explosions, I suppose. It was another reminder that they're just not for me unfortunately. The last few chapters were pure frustration and painful to play through, had to force myself to finish it in the end.

That said, the story, characters and setting are somewhat deeper and more interesting than usual. I'd have probably got more out of it if I'd have stuck the difficulty on easy and played just to experience the story. That's the only way I could sort of recommend it I'm afraid, though your mileage may well vary depending on your tastes...

KalBalboa

Banned
Two levels away from finishing New York Minute. After that I might take a break from the game for a while and return to platinum it during the summer.

undrtakr900

So...I beat Hard mode last night and collected all the Golden Guns which unlocked the infinite ammo cheat.

SO naturally I load up Chapter VIII when you get the Grenade launcher. It says I have like 37434 rounds in reserve, so I'm ready to unleash some 'nade-spam. But...the grenades don't do any damage, WTF!? I reload the checkpoint, still no damage. I go back to the main menu and reload and still get the same problem.

Is this a glitch or did they purposely "deactivate" the grenade damage? I hope its not on purpose, because unlimited-grenades was my motivation in tediously finding all those dam gun parts :/

sidenote: I noticed that the Golden Gun effects gives you 1.5X maximum active ammo.
I was doing OK, it was my partner who was really destroying everyone. It seems really manageable most of the time and it does ramp up kind of slow. There's a point where we were frequently getting into close calls though. You have to keep moving to collect supplies, so that keeps you from holding up in one place for long.

After a while, every enemy has helmets/body armor on, but if you aim right you can kill them in one-two shots (though I was hardly aiming right by the end since I was so tired). We could've kept going for a while longer I imagine.

I think they could increase the number of enemies every round - I wasn't paying attention, but I think it stopped increasing at about 50-60 enemies in a round - but lower the number of enemies with body armor. That way, you're encountering enemies every step of the way, but are able to dispatch them quicker.
Oh kool, so its one of those suvival modes where you have to keep moving and don't just camp at the sweet spot of the level (which gets boring).

~Do they have mini-bosses, like those Heavy-Machine-Gun-Guys from single player?
~Also, does the coop have matchmaking? Because none of my friends play to invite them.
And about the clues in single-player, I don't know how to get him to repeat what he says while looking at them, aside from starting a new game. Even then, sometimes it skips that audio...
I did start a new game on Hard, but previously found all the clues on Medium. I think the only way to bring it back to delete the save, but then I'd loose all my progress/grinds so screw that lol

undrtakr900

Depends on how partial you are to serious business, 'visceral', military shooting galleries with lots of swearing and explosions, I suppose. It was another reminder that they're just not for me unfortunately. The last few chapters were pure frustration and painful to play through, had to force myself to finish it in the end.

That said, the story, characters and setting are somewhat deeper and more interesting than usual. I'd have probably got more out of it if I'd have stuck the difficulty on easy and played just to experience the story. That's the only way I could sort of recommend it I'm afraid, though your mileage may well vary depending on your tastes...
I'm so desensitized to swearing it doesn't bother me in the least. I played the demo and the gameplay felt sorta clunky but manageable, but it jumped around to different chapter so I couldn't get a feel for the story much.

It was actually This Thread that got me interested in the game and also spoiled the ended for me. So I somewhat know how 'viceral' it can get, along with making moral decisions. I think I will play it, it'll go on my backlog for toomangamesnotenoughtime.
Two levels away from finishing New York Minute. After that I might take a break from the game for a while and return to platinum it during the summer.
Congrats, I don't think I'd have the patience for NYM. Not so much that you have to start at the beginning if you die, but starting over and having to watch 1-5 minute mid-level cutscenes.

Oh kool, so its one of those suvival modes where you have to keep moving and don't just camp at the sweet spot of the level (which gets boring).

~Do they have mini-bosses, like those Heavy-Machine-Gun-Guys from single player?
~Also, does the coop have matchmaking? Because none of my friends play to invite them.

Yeah, every few rounds there'll be a group of 3-5 guys wearing bomb-defusing gear. You can shoot them anywhere to kill them, but it takes forever unless you shoot them directly in their helmet-window.

Co-op does have matchmaking. You can play by yourself if you select "private match," then choose Dead Men Walking.

Well thats nice, picked it up on PC today and cannot play multiplayer at all since I do not own the DLC. Every playlist, every time I try to join a game. 10 straight minutes of trying.

EDIT: Ah I see, they got rid of the team that made the game. Ah whatever.

undrtakr900

Dam I don't know what's up with me, I've been getting utterly destroyed online..
Well thats nice, picked it up on PC today and cannot play multiplayer at all since I do not own the DLC. Every playlist, every time I try to join a game. 10 straight minutes of trying.

EDIT: Ah I see, they got rid of the team that made the game. Ah whatever.
You don't need to have the DLC to play online, you can still play on the default maps. You just get kicked out of the game if they load a DLC map. Which I hate because this segregates they already limited online community just like the soft/free aim modes.

On consoles we have the opposite problem, we'll spend 10 minutes just trying to find a game with enough people in it :(
Yeah, every few rounds there'll be a group of 3-5 guys wearing bomb-defusing gear. You can shoot them anywhere to kill them, but it takes forever unless you shoot them directly in their helmet-window.

Co-op does have matchmaking. You can play by yourself if you select "private match," then choose Dead Men Walking.
Sounds great, thanks for all the info!

Hey what system do you have MP3 for, if its xBox PM me your gamertag so we can play coop together.

Zep

Banned
Wow...4 hours and I didn't wanna stop playing. This mode should have been available from the beginning.

Also, whats with there only being two maps? I read that this is the last DLC, so expecting more of them is out of the question.

Dries

Currently playing the last chapter of this game and one thing is clear. These are the best shoot-outs I've ever played in a game.

Zep

Banned
5 pill bottles...Playing real good, on my 19th wave of enemies!

Killed by a grenade that bounced off a container and came back towards me :-/

Fucking game.

Zep

Banned
"Damn realism."

-A quote my friends and I began coining mid-PS2 era.

Don't get me started on headshots. I got killed in a 5th or 6th wave (trying to untie passos) catching a pistol round to the back of my head. One hitter quitter and that's what makes it awesome.

KalBalboa

Banned
Don't get me started on headshots. I got killed in a 5th or 6th wave (trying to untie passos) catching a pistol round to the back of my head. One hitter quitter and that's what makes it awesome.

I still need to finish New York Minute. The police station is killing me- I got the final encounter last night and almost had it.

EDIT: FINALLY beat the police station in New York Minute! Only one level remaining, and I got the final shootout during my first attempt.

KalBalboa

Banned
Got the airport on my second attempt:

8436003728_b9a82e6005_z.jpg
[/url]

My proudest trophy next to my inFamous platinum.

Question for people with the co-op DLC: can you level up your multiplayer rank in co-op?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

[/url]

Question for people with the co-op DLC: can you level up your multiplayer rank in co-op?

Congratulations, chief!

You can get some Grinds and most Payne Thresholds but your overall score doesn't have any XP attached.

[/url]

Now get the NYM Hardcore trophy!

Also, why are Payne Thresholds locked? Been like this for a week for me now.

pa22word

Does anyone know if there are special grit unlocks for maxing the grit bar (the top-most bar turns blue) in the co-op? I know you can use gold unlocks for big weapons, but I've yet to find anything to use blue unlocks yet.

Playing through challenge mode, I noticed that the stadium level lets you skip more of the cutscenes now, mostly the longer ones. Shame it took so long, because I got really sick of watching them while doing arcade and NYM.

Does anyone know if there are special grit unlocks for maxing the grit bar (the top-most bar turns blue) in the co-op? I know you can use gold unlocks for big weapons, but I've yet to find anything to use blue unlocks yet.

Don't know; the best weapon I've gotten is grenade launcher, and I'm fairly certain that was a gold unlock.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Playing through challenge mode, I noticed that the stadium level lets you skip more of the cutscenes now, mostly the longer ones. Shame it took so long, because I got really sick of watching them while doing arcade and NYM.

Oh Christ, yes! That is the only level in the game where the cut scenes really REALLY hack me off.

SlickVic

Thought the game was supposed to give you an extra painkiller if you keep dying at the same checkpoint? I've must've died 5 or 6 times at the same checkpoint in Chapter 2 and kept restarting with 0 painkillers. What's worse is I keep dying inches away from next checkpoint, so an extra painkiller really would make a world of difference. Weird.

Wound up getting frustrated and bumping the difficulty down to casual, but was kinda annoyed how easy it became (didn't even need to bullet time).

Edit: nm, seems I'm getting painkillers now with deaths after starting Chapter 3.

Zep

Banned
Thought the game was supposed to give you an extra painkiller if you keep dying at the same checkpoint? I've must've died 5 or 6 times at the same checkpoint in Chapter 2 and kept restarting with 0 painkillers. What's worse is I keep dying inches away from next checkpoint, so an extra painkiller really would make a world of difference. Weird.

Wound up getting frustrated and bumping the difficulty down to casual, but was kinda annoyed how easy it became (didn't even need to bullet time).

Edit: nm, seems I'm getting painkillers now with deaths after starting Chapter 3.

No worries man, it only gets a lot harder.
;)

Also, Im gonna put the silenced pistol down as my favorite weapon. I breezed through
the docks
with that...Until nobody else had pistols and I ran out of ammo. Love the little effects of the smoke coming out of the silencer.

Good god, I put this game down for almost a week before returning to it today to start finishing up the golden guns.

Doing the same. Somehow I missed a piece in the docks and now gotta do it over again...

undrtakr900

^^ Congrats, I got all the golden guns/clues a few weeks ago for the achievements. Did you use a guide or did you just scavenger hunt everything?

KalBalboa

Banned
^^ Congrats, I got all the golden guns/clues a few weeks ago for the achievements. Did you use a guide or did you just scavenger hunt everything?

After NYM I only had about 10 gun parts, so I used a guide. I had very few clues left too, maybe 5.

The blind-fire grind was a bit of a chore, though. Makes you wonder how much cover fire they intended. I rarely used cover for kill shots, but it was handy for assessing situations and getting initial shots in prior to moving into bullet time and firing off.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this problem so I figured I'd plop this issue here in hopes that someone has a solution to my problem. I'm playing the Steam version, and a little less than a month ago I was playing the game no problem. A few weeks later I try to run it, and it gets stuck on the initializing/login to social club screen. The little loading wheel in the image just keeps spinning.

I tried updating my profile in the social club website itself to try to just see if that would make anything happen...does anyone have any advice? This social club is bullshit.

Zep

Banned
Didn't want to start a new thread for this problem so I figured I'd plop this issue here in hopes that someone has a solution to my problem. I'm playing the Steam version, and a little less than a month ago I was playing the game no problem. A few weeks later I try to run it, and it gets stuck on the initializing/login to social club screen. The little loading wheel in the image just keeps spinning.

I tried updating my profile in the social club website itself to try to just see if that would make anything happen...does anyone have any advice? This social club is bullshit.

Try going offline (on steam only, not altogether) and running the game. I had an issue with my start button not registering and this fixed the problem. It seems like Steam and social club have a disconnect at times.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm getting the error that others get when trying to run this on PC and the game won't launch at all. Ugh, I tried several fixes like changing the directory to MaxPayne3 in both the main folder and the other Max Payne 3 folder within the main one. The extreme suggestion is to move the entire directory to the root of the HDD and then regedit. I don't want to have to do that. I just want to launch from Steam.

Zep

Banned
Good news: Got all the golden guns.
Bad news: The game doesn't recognize it.

Gonna see what kind of trainers are out there. Would be nice to see one that let you use any gun on a level.

Top Bottom