• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Derrick01

Banned
Alright so I was convinced to preorder this on Steam. Hopefully the PC port isn't shit at first like most PC Rockstar games have been.

What's the consensus with the PS3 version performance wise - nothing too much to be concerned about, right?

Has been fine so far, there is a little slowdown in the beginning of some parts where a big firefight is about to happen (slowdown seems to go away when the actual fighting starts) but from what I've read it's the same on 360.

RoylAsult

this. game. is. awesome.

so happy i got this, single player so far is pretty great and im surprised how much fun online is. Finally something to play online and enjoy.

Raptomex

Even with it installed, it looks to be 30 most of the time. I've seen a few spots during a cutscene where it actually seems to move above 30.
Hmm. Well at least it will reduce load times (not that they're that bad.) Hopefully, I can run the PC version in 2 weeks at full specs and that will solve that.

dreamfall

It is so god damn satisfying. The shooting mechanics feel like they've got so much impact for every single round fired. Blown away. Back to playing in a bit!

MMaRsu

I hope I don't end up watching the whole game through YouTube before Monday.
FFS.

I have watched the first few levels a bit skipping all cutscenes and some other stuff. Only saw that first level and some stuff of the second. I dont mind considering this game is pretty long. I really hope i can pick it up tomorrow.

Requiem

Soooooooo what's the point of Amazon's release date delivery if I don't get the fucking game on the release day!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to delivering maximum Payne when I got home from work only to see no Amazon box and no UPS delivery note.

Worst part is I ordered Rage last week and got it with no hiccups in 2 days...I don't even want to play that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raptomex

Soooooooo what's the point of Amazon's release date delivery if I don't get the fucking game on the release day!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to delivering maximum Payne when I got home from work only to see no Amazon box and no UPS delivery note.

Worst part is I ordered Rage last week and got it with no hiccups in 2 days...I don't even want to play that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I ask why you bought it then?

newsguy

Slow mo final kill and watching 4 rounds penetrate a head is AWESOME. Also, if you pause and hide the menu, you can rotate the camera and see everything going on in freeze mode, nice touch

Still waiting for UPS to deliver my amazon copy as well. They haven't taken this long to deliver since DMC4 which didn't get dropped off until like 7pm. =/

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm in a pretty tight spot atm... lol must have retried a dozen times already. Thank god R* made it so quick to replay a section. Having some kind of obnoxious load here might have really detracted from the otherwise awesome-as-shit game.

Requiem

Oh. I understand. That's not a bad deal. Rage is okay. I just didn't care for all the racing. Kind of turned me off.

The ever loading textures really turn me off and take me out of the atmosphere....maybe I'll revisit it but its looking like I'm going to try and flip it on Craigslist

Still waiting for UPS to deliver my amazon copy as well. They haven't taken this long to deliver since DMC4 which didn't get dropped off until like 7pm. =/

I wonder if they will compensate us for not it not being delivered today

MercuryLS

Banned
Whoever came up with the scenarios for this game did a very good job, these missions are fun.

The only thing I don't like is that it can be really hard to see the minuscule reticle at times, I need to sit pretty close to me TV to aim that little dot well.

Raptomex

The ever loading textures really turn me off and take me out of the atmosphere....maybe I'll revisit it but its looking like I'm going to try and flip it on Craigslist

I wonder if they will compensate us for not it not being delivered today
I assume your playing Rage on console? I haven't played it in a while but I installed it. I don't remember all the texture issues. I'm sure they're there though. But like most id games, I should play it on PC. Maybe it's better. I really have no idea. Yet I'll get it on Steam during a Christmas sale.

zychi

Banned
2 questions.

how do i join the crew for xbox? social club is giving me a hard time.
if i buy the digital version for pc on amazon, the game is steamworks right?

This game is pretty amazing so far. Love the presentation like the narration and the gunplay is really satisfying. Story is getting pretty interesting.

Lunchbox

Banned
i dont know why max keeps calling the playboy brother names and shit

he seems like a pretty chill dude, having fun partying. i want him as my deputy

Raptomex

i dont know why max keeps calling the playboy brother names and shit

he seems like a pretty chill dude, having fun partying. i want him as my deputy
He's probably responsible for everything. Including world hunger
. But I really have no idea. I'm not that far in.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I guess Rockstar servers are down?

U2NUMB

Got into a couple multiplayer games.. I like it! Doing very well so far but holy hell does this remind me of Uncharted multiplayer.. Most certainly in the best way.

Crew question.. I belong to 2 crews right now and when you select crews in game it has a button next to them and only one can be selected at a time. I assume you can only apply your xp and stats to one crew at a time. This is a bit of a bummer.

d0c_zaius

Just played my first MP game. Gang war or whatever was broken (never started the game even though we had all players) but TDM was alright fun.

Damage seems inconsistent, with some players taking tons of bullets to down while others taking 1. But otherwise, it feels fun and I'm enjoying the pace and style of the fights.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Who's running the NeoGaf crew on 360?

Simo

I'm in a pretty tight spot atm... lol must have retried a dozen times already. Thank god R* made it so quick to replay a section. Having some kind of obnoxious load here might have really detracted from the otherwise awesome-as-shit game.

Yeah I got in a tight spot too and I think I restarted so many times that eventually the game started giving me Painkillers to help me get through the section...

Who's running the NeoGaf crew on 360?

Moi but there's no console specific crew since the crew system is multiplatform:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/neogang

I think I stopped at Chapter VIII and good lord...the docks chapter was fucking amazing from beginning to end. Also when you get to this moment followed with the heavy percussion from the score and everything after....=O
cutscene.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm loving this game so much and I haven't even touched mp yet.

MercuryLS

Banned
You know I've been waiting for a game like this ever since I saw titles like Stranglehold and Kane & Lynch. It took R* to do this shit properly *bow*.

Top Bottom