• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

BFIB

In remembrance of Owen, this is the long sign that me and all my friends/family did at the Owen Hart Memorial episode of Raw.

I'm the first L, of course signblocked.

tumblr_mjj52kkHAw1qzx70zo1_1280.png

KissVibes

Banned
I remember watching Over the Edge as a kid and thinking along the lines of it being a storyline. Like, a wrestler did it to him. My dad had to explain to me that it wasn't part of the show and that one of my favorite wrestlers was actually dead, at which point I started crying uncontrollably for the rest of the night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's not a lot of 'what could have been' for Savage.

Good point.

In remembrance of Owen, this is the long sign that me and all my friends/family did at the Owen Hart Memorial episode of Raw.

I'm the first L, of course signblocked.

Aww, you guys are so nice.

Owen was always better than Bret, too.

Striker

There's not a lot of 'what could have been' for Savage.
Owen probably would've done more tag, and possibly gotten another IC title run. With Rock, Mankind, Austin, Undertaker, and Triple H in the main event scene, I didn't see them giving Owen any chance. I thought if they were ever going to give him a run, it would've been in two moments: 1994 in his feud with Bret, or in 1998 in the early stages of the Black Hart days. It's unfortunate they never did much in either moment in time, but there was one person involved in both moments: Shawn Michaels. In '94 his buddy Diesel began getting his push, and Vince's obsession with big guys (who couldn't look like big meatheads in this time due to the trial) probably took Owen's chances down. And for whatever reason later after the Montreal Screwjob, they didn't and instead let Owen job a bit to Hunter (ahem).

Speaking of Hunter, I was watching some older WWE PPV's and one promo from Orton with Legacy caught my attention: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=davfFsDpBtc#t=4861s

Yet, here we are now, in 2013, and if you replace a few words, his time still reigns.

jred2k

lol at the sign right after Orton's promo.

"THE PUNJBI PLAYBOY"

How do you make such a stupid typo on a cardboard sign.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worth reading:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-greatest-unscripted-disasters-in-pro-wrestling/

Here's the list.

#5. Jeff Hardy Shows Up to His Headline Pay-Per-View Match Completely Bombed

#4. JBL Beats the Fuck Out of Blue Meanie ... for Real

#3. Andre the Giant Shows Up Drunk and Decides to Be a Dick

#2. Hulk Hogan Story Goes Too Far and Runs Him Out of the Company

#1. WWE Tries Out Actual Real Fighting, Proves Wrestlers Suck at It

Videos of all moments and decent writeups.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Worth reading:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-greatest-unscripted-disasters-in-pro-wrestling/

Here's the list.

Now that is thread worthy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Worth reading:

Here's the list.

Stevie is a fucking bro, man.

Striker

lol at the sign right after Orton's promo.

"THE PUNJBI PLAYBOY"

How do you make such a stupid typo on a cardboard sign.
Backlash 2009 had two things that points to what's wrong today:

Triple H lost the title to Orton, Triple H was pinned after being punted. Looking for the "oh no!" sympathy angle, the crowd gave no shit and had a chant of "Hey hey hey, goodbye!", while Cole and King have the low voices of concern. He's still doing that shit.

Edge vs. Cena in a Last Man Standing match. Edge wins following a Big Show interference where he chokeslams Cena into the spotlight which has a big explosion. Edge stands, Cena's out, referee keeps counting. Edge becomes new champion. Today the match between Cena and Ryback abruptly ends, nobody wins, Cole and King bring on their Owen voices and parade around saying this has gone too far, blah blah.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kevin Kleinrock (Masked Republic, Wrestling Society X), Sean “X-Pac” Waltman and Konnan are looking to launch a new online lucha libre series, Viva L.A. Lucha. They’ve created a Kickstarter campaign in order to raise $60,000 by July 2nd. To donate and get more information on the project, visit Kickstarter.com.
Here’s their pitch:

From creators/producers of MTV’s WSX & PPV’s Viva La Lucha- dedicated to creating tomorrow’s stars it’s the 1st fan funded lucha series
The goal of Viva L.A. Lucha is twofold: First, it seeks to create an environment where wrestlers who specialize in either the Mexican “lucha libre” form of professional wrestling or the more “traditional”/”WWE style” form can compete with and against each other as a way to become experts in both styles, helping both the individual performers and the companies who need well trained wrestlers to produce their television shows all while ensuring the brightest future for the lucha art form. Our second goal is to give fans and viewers a unique program that will deliver incredible action and entertainment as tomorrow’s stars are groomed in front of their eyes today (with incredible “groomers” as you will see below)! And, with the unique rewards we have created for this campaign, backers can have an unprecedented say in WHO a wrestling show will feature, HOW some of the talent is used, and get to SEE the actual television taping as it happens including what is normally restricted behind-the-scenes access and uncensored producer commentary as the tapings take place.

We also want to be able to take networks a television pilot that is 100% in our vision – including the input from our fans and backers – so that they can see, not just on paper or in a sample reel, what tremendous potential a Viva L.A. Lucha series can have. Often times, leaving the creative process of developing a series WITH a network can lead to the network creating a series in THEIR image and not that of what the fans or producers really want.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1922546104/viva-la-lucha-pilot-and-web-series?ref=live

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay, I know you've been in short supply today, but we need you in the Cracked wrestling thread to help us find video of Chono/Xpac/Chyna thing where shit got real.

Some pretty nice tier rewards for that Kickstarter.

I'd totally do the $10k one to be able to name one of the belts 'GWF Lucha Title sponsored by Wrassle-GAF's Mr. Luchador'.

Bootaaay, I know you've been in short supply today, but we need you in the Cracked wrestling thread to help us find video of Chono/Xpac/Chyna thing where shit got real.

I don't think it ever aired - all we got was a 3 and a half minute clipped version of the 12 minute match that doesn't even show the finish;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFjyEsap8A

If there's footage of the incident out there, I wouldn't really know as I had stopped following puro at the time...in part because NJPW were doing shit like bringing in Chyna, lol.

Kaladin

That Cracked thread....I hate when people completely miss the intention of an article and it overruns the thread. Owen Hart was not a hilariously bad wrestling disaster, it was a tragedy....he shouldn't be on that list.

UberTag

I'll be picking up Animal Crossing at launch.
Can I get my residents to say assclown again?

I will solicit friend codes each Monday during RAW so I can amuse myself while you guys watch John Cena, squash matches and commercials.

jred2k

how much of wrasslegaf is going to get Animal Crossing. I need fruits.

I've never played an Animal Crossing before, but I'm currently thirsting for more 3DS titles so I'm thinking about it.

I've got to read more and find out what the hell those games are all about and why people seem to be so excited for it.

I can't wait to live in my new town of Cenation, I will adorn the Able Sisters place with Cena merchandise, painstakingly creating all his fruity pebble shirts pixel by pixel.
So yes I will be getting AC.

I just got 4 suite tickets to RAW from work.

Haven't been watching it like I did back in the day, but the last time I was at a live RAW event here in Calgary, Lance Storm did one of the first Invasion run-ins and for some odd reason superkicked a WCW guy (I think it was Saturn)? Anyways, the place exploded.

jred2k

I just got 4 suite tickets to RAW from work.

Haven't been watching it like I did back in the day, but the last time I was at a live RAW event here in Calgary, Lance Storm did one of the first Invasion run-ins and for some odd reason superkicked a WCW guy (I think it was Saturn)? Anyways, the place exploded.

This time the hometown cheer will go to a valet with a farting problem. That is, if she gets to appear on screen.

Top Bottom