• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

Aiii

So not worth it
Four PPV main events per year. Spend one of them on Sting and (rumored) another on Hogan.

Jeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuus!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
with the spirit of cooperation in mind, i'll invite you to visit MMA-Gaf Sunday and watch the greatest fight card of all time:

Sunflower, i'll be done for now, when you wish to proceed wtih MMAGAF vs WrassleGAF let me know.

I've got in my head we need 10 themed matches. David vs Goliath I and II, Sellout vs Sellout, etc - each switching roles, and a lot of other things. BTW Evilore fought Soulplaya WrassleGAF in Undisputed 3 and lost so that might just be 1002 fights on his end. (He lost twice.) We will be getting with you. Hoping to see Nick Diaz in it.

Sunflower, aren't you the creator of the Taco Bell Official Thread? There's like 3 dudes straight up eating your lunch John Morrison style in the OT.

This reflects poorly on your character and I'm sad to admit that I now think less of you as a result.

I can't eat Taco Bell. I renounced it and have dropped 60 lbs. Now I'm gaining muscle again, Bell might be back on my menu.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Who are these people that continue to watch TNA every week? Don't they have anything better to do with their lives?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want some. I want to be more sexy.

My plan is to go sleep-dep for about 2 days, see a doctor, and have him check my levels and tell him I never get boners anymore. Should be good enough to get prescribed.

The adventures of dick move Sheamus continue on Smackdown, i'm not really sure where they're going with Sheamus' character, is he supposed to be this rogue face who still plays by his brawling rules instead of being a goody two shoes? like an anti hero for the current era? because if so he's not doing that good a job, I kinda want to see him get his wig split.
More likely it's just vintage WWE Face personalities.

He's still solid in the ring at least.

Rollin's bump from the apron to announce table on SD is a thing of beauty.
The match has shades of monster Kane and keeps both the shield and Kane looking strong, also Ambrose's finisher isn't quite the overdrive we feared, it looks a lot better.

Aiii

So not worth it
The adventures of dick move Sheamus continue on Smackdown, i'm not really sure where they're going with Sheamus' character, is he supposed to be this rogue face who still plays by his brawling rules instead of being a goody two shoes? like an anti hero for the current era? because if so he's not doing that good a job, I kinda want to see him get his wig split.
More likely it's just vintage WWE Face personalities.

He's still solid in the ring at least.

Cena, Sheamus, Orton and Del Rio are heels in everything but (dubbed) crowd noise. The sooner you adopt this way of thinking, the better the segments with them get.

In WWE the heels always tell the truth and make sense and the faces are utter dicks.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wasn't that different in WWF days. Hogan the dick, Andre the slighted and insulted. It's just these days the only true "nice guy, friendly, do gooder" is Kofi and all he can do is jump.

That's why I like Osaka Pro, where everyone is a face even if you can't dance.
Shimmer and SHINE where villains act dastardly, faces act determined and fairly, and they sometimes dance in celebration.
NJPW, where it doesn't matter who is a heel or a face, it's all about doing good wrestling. Not enough dancing though.

Everything else is various degrees of the above, give or take the dancing.

Cagey

Banned
This downward spiral. This just means that they got to push Hogan and Sting more!

It doesn't matter who they put on TV. New blood, old names, whatever. The wrestling audience isn't there anymore, TNA as a brand is a non-entity in the general consciousness, no one gives a damn outside of people who already consume pro wrestling (WWE first and foremost).

There's just no growth potential beyond poaching current WWE stars and earning a greater percentage of the existing pro wrestling audience.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rollin's bump from the apron to announce table on SD is a thing of beauty.
The match has shades of monster Kane and keeps both the shield and Kane looking strong, also Ambrose's finisher isn't quite the overdrive we feared, it looks a lot better.
Yeah, it's really a well done match that does everyone a bit of good.

strobogo

Banned
Hogan was probably the first at that level to be the dick babyface, but he was doing it in the 80s. All he did was glory hog, cheat, and often fuck over his friends just because. That's pretty much the basis of all of his non-monster, non-Piper feuds.

somedevil

Get to ready to watch Ryback best match in the WWE and its all thanks to Bryan.

edit: Did anyone in the WWE watch Billy Madison before coming up with his new catch phrase!

Kacho

Gold Member
Get to ready to watch Ryback best match in the WWE and its all thanks to Bryan.

edit: Did anyone in the WWE watch Billy Madison before coming up with his new catch phrase!

Yeah, that match was great.
I just wish Ryback sold the hurt leg a bit more.

Best I could do for now! In case anyone wants to see the finisher.

ambrosehgu5r.gif

strobogo

Banned
230 made me remember how it makes no sense that Jack Swagger is still in the title picture. He lost 100% clean at WM, then he lost again the next night in half the time WITH a partner (who didn't help at all, which made me think Zeb was dumping Jack). He really has no claim to a title shot. It's been pretty soundly defeated at least twice, probably more. Has he done anything since WM to earn a title shot? Didn't Heath Slater use Ambrosia's finish for a bit? Or was he doing a snap mare driver?

Yeah Kane handled the move pretty well for a big man. I'm curious if he can pull off that move with little setup. It's not bad though. But I always kind of dislike moves that have to be explicitly set up. But I thought it looked cool.

strobogo

Banned
That could be real OUTTANOWHERE kind of finish since he could be doing a headlock once second and hitting that move the next.

XShagrath

Speaking of new finishers and whatnot.. Kassius Ohno had a new one at NXT last night. There had been discussion in here that his rolling elbow was too similar to Barrett's, so maybe that means he might be getting called up soon?

His new finisher:
The rolling knee

Top Bottom