• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Dontaku about Legit Shook

PWG, June 15th, first time ever;

Kevin Steen vs Drake Younger

FUCK YES!!!

Also, non-title match; The Young Bucks vs AR Fox & Samuray Del Sol

Oh, and ROH is on iPPV tonight!

i5ECOV5D9WRNZ.jpg

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

. ROH World Title Match: Jay Briscoe (c) vs Adam Cole
. NOAH vs ROH: Taiji Ishimori vs 'Die Hard' Eddie Edwards
. First Time Ever: 'Intrepid Traveller' Paul London vs 'American Wolf' Davey Richards
. ROH World TV Title: Matt Taven (c), w/ Truth Martini vs Mark Briscoe
. I Quit Match: BJ Whitmer vs Rhett Titus
. ROH vs SCUM: Jay Lethal & Michael Elgin vs ??? & ???
. Special Tag Team Challenge: Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander vs ACH & Tadarius Thomas

The top three matches look great, but is it weird I'm most excited for the opener on the undercard? I'm pretty sure that tag match is going to be all kinds of great.

Totally unrelated, but I found some dude on youtube who worked out how to play Tenryu's theme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM5V1Xt11Y

BEST THEME MUSIC EVAR! I'm totally spending my weekend trying to figure that out.

strobogo

Banned
Look, Kane is good and all, but 3rd best masked wrestlers ever is ridiculous. A pretty convincing argument for number 3 on the masked, white super heavyweights list, though. I don't really know anyone else besides him and Vader. So I guess he's number 2 on that list.

I had some fucking amazing yogurt covered cranberries this morning. Holy shit. I gave up dairy, but I'm sticking with yogurt and those were so good. So god damn good. I wanted to eat the whole bag.

Kane/Ambrose was great.

Come on WWE, give Kane one last monster run. When Kane hit the flying clothesline, then sat there smiling while tucking on the glove, I was shining with joy. BTW, Cole is an idiot. Kane did his version of the throat cut, calling for the tombstone, and Cole says it's a "tribute to the Undertaker". No, it's not, Cole. That's Kane's signature throat cut. See how he keeps the pointing finger extended? That's Kane's way of doing it. He's been doing it since his debut!
I knew I wasn't the only one marking for such things as glove tucking, funnily enough I thought the same thing when Kane did his taunt, granted to Cole's defence he did sort of bother with it in memory of Taker's ass kicking, on the other hand Cole needs to brush up on his riveting Kane lore.

FUCKING LOL

I might just wear that avatar for the hell of it
You'll wear it because you're a Kane mark as Bean Breath proved.

I actually hate Bo Dallas.
I was hating Bo Dallas before it was cool, which would be from the moment someone first posted a pic of his creeper face from the development website like 2 years ago, actually i'm sure we all hated him then as well.

Ithil

I knew I wasn't the only one marking for such things as glove tucking, funnily enough I thought the same thing when Kane did his taunt, granted to Cole's defence he did sort of bother with it in memory of Taker's ass kicking, on the other hand Cole needs to brush up on his riveting Kane lore.

You'll wear it because you're a Kane mark as Bean Breath proved.

I was hating Bo Dallas before it was cool, which would be from the moment someone first posted a pic of his creeper face from the development website like 2 years ago, actually i'm sure we all hated him then as well.

I've hated him since he hogged the spotlight in FCW, and won nonstop matches with his shitty spear. He was full on BOWINSLOL, too, getting beaten up for the match, then winning with a running hug OUTTA NOWHERE.

You have greater Bo Hate seniority, he used the running hug as well? it's like he wants to be despised, maybe this is the man who will fully inherit the troll Cena heel turn by being a heel who pretends to be face.

CHIKARA spoilers from last night. Looks like a pretty good show with a return and a lot of set up for the IPPV next month.

-Ophidian, The Batiri, & Kobald def AssailANT, Fire Ant, & Los Ice Creams when Obaryion pinned AssailANT after the drop toe hold/Knee lift

-Saturyne pinned Orbit AssaultANT in a quick match with a rollup

-Colony:Extreme Force(Orbit Adventure Ant & Arctic Rescue Ant) & New leader DeviANT def 3.0 & Gran Akuma when Arctic AssaultANT pinned Akuma w/ a top Rope leg drop after DeviANT hit Him with a snowboard.

-Amasis defeated The Shard in a hard hitting matchup with a rolling prawn hold.
Archibald Peck beat Jigsaw with a roll up reversal & handful of tights out of a Jig N Tonic attempt.

-Young Lions Cup Match
Mr Touchdown def Chiva Kid to retain with a sit out cutter.

-The Spectral Envoy(Ultra Mantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) beat F.I.S.T.(Icarus,
Chuck Taylor, & Johnny Gargano w/ Sugar Dunkerton when Frightmare pinned Gargano w/ a schoolboy after he was distracted by Sugar. After the match Gargano threatened to quit & Icarus asked him to give Sugar one more chance. The two hugged it out but Gargano super kicked Dunkerton. Icarus then speared Gargano & the pairs left seperately.

-Grand Championship Match
Eddie Kingston retained over Green Ant with 2 back fists to the future.

-The Spectral Envoy(Ultra Mantis Black, Hallowicked & Frightmare) beat F.I.S.T.(Icarus,
Chuck Taylor, & Johnny Gargano w/ Sugar Dunkerton when Frightmare pinned Gargano w/ a schoolboy after he was distracted by Sugar. After the match Gargano threatened to quit & Icarus asked him to give Sugar one more chance. The two hugged it out but Gargano super kicked Dunkerton. Icarus then speared Gargano & the pairs left seperately.

Nice, I was expecting something like this to happen - I guess
there'll be two F.I.S.T. teams
in the Tag World Grand Prix.

Speaking of, The Young Bucks have been confirmed for the tournament. 13 teams announced, so far.

And another first round match for the AIW J.T. Lightning Invitational Tournament;

ibeWZF7RoYqVGW.jpg

That leaves Ethan Page, Louis Lyndon, Addy Starr & Tadarius Thomas without matches, at present.

Nice, I was expecting something like this to happen - I guess
there'll be two F.I.S.T. teams
in the Tag World Grand Prix.

Speaking of, The Young Bucks have been confirmed for the tournament. 13 teams announced, so far.

And another first round match for the AIW J.T. Lightning Invitational Tournament;

ibeWZF7RoYqVGW.jpg

That leaves Ethan Page, Louis Lyndon, Addy Starr & Tadarius Thomas without matches, at present.

I think the Bucks were the final team for the Tag World Grand Prix. 13 is a weird number wonder how it's going to work. I'm hoping they have a first round match with Zero Gravity. Those two teams would be amazing together.

Delaney and Shane Page should be good. I used to think Shane Page was the drizzling shits but he's entertaining enough in the ring, and can put on a good brawl. I'm thinking the final two matches will be Starr vs Page and Thomas vs Lyndon.

Striker

Yikes, bad move.

Seems hard for people to be creative anymore (if it's them thinking of the finisher rather than somebody like Vince or creative). Throughout WWE, TNA, and others we've seen so many super kicks, spears, or chokeslam variations.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
A.J. (WWEAJLEE)
@WWEAJLEE

"Kane's getting him some" JBL on Smackdown just now & every coworker who sees me walk near the boiler room door.

AJ still wants him.

tm24

This is one of the best lucha stories ever

This is is a weird story, and only partially a lucha libre one. The FBI and other law enforcement raided an April 7th lucha libre show in McAllen, Texas, shutting down the show and the whole block. They claimed at the time it was due to an immigration issue, but it turns out they were looking for a Reynosa based drug cartel boss (and his brother) who is also rumored to be luchador Imagen II. Imagen II was on the card – but it was a completely different guy who also uses the same name. The non-crime boss Imagen II says he’s been using that name for 20 years, his brother was Image and he doesn’t want to change his name just because someone is also using the name. That first link says local promoters know of at least five different Imagen II in the area!

Top Bottom