• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

He'll probably lose it in that incoming triple threat, it's the only reason I see for the TJP addition, dude is doing the job to Aries
Honestly I don't mind, he's too good to be trapped down there when he's leagues above everyone character and in ring wise. I couldn't see boring baby face Nevelle ever going for the WWE title but as his cocky heel that can back up his words character I believe he can beat anyone's ass.

The depth is not there, there's no one DIY/AoP can face at all outside of Heavy Machinery and that is not happening yet. And they're taking their time with Black, which is really good and an improvement over how they used to strap a rocket on whoever the hottest signee was at the moment

It was still a pretty good episode imo

Meh I was pretty bored, a lot of video packages and bad interviews... It wasn't bad but I didn't care about anything on the show other than Cross and the Main event (which was pretty solid except for what I felt was kind of a flat ending). Also even though it makes sense not a fan of running those Roddy vignettes and then jobbing him first night after

And Black is basically an entrance and a finisher right now... meh, dude is going to be great but these 1 minute squashes are getting dull, they worked with say Braun because they were pretty creative with it and it was more fun, these ones are just entrance, kick, flip into sitting taunt, knee, Black Mass... Like put him in handicap matches or something maybe... Just anything more than what is literally a 1 minute formula.

They don't have more Oney Lorcans.

Also, if the ending fell flat in that main event was because of time constraints, they even had to cut what happened after the match ended

People act like good jobbers just grow on trees. Good jobbers who can make their opponents look incredible and credible are hard to train because that requires a very specific skill set and mindset. Everybody wants to be the star. Nobody wants to be the wimpie in a squash.

People act like good jobbers just grow on trees. Good jobbers who can make their opponents look incredible and credible are hard to train because that requires a very specific skill set and mindset. Everybody wants to be the star. Nobody wants to be the wimpie in a squash.

And then you get guys like Apollo, Breeze, Bo, Axel, etc who should be getting used to put on good matches with higher tier talent but just get wasted as WWE tries to turn them all into stars. There is absolutely no reason you can't have KO face Bo in a normal match without having AJ, Sami, or Corbin walk out.

And then you get guys like Apollo, Breeze, Bo, Axel, etc who should be getting used to put on good matches with higher tier talent but just get wasted as WWE tries to turn them all into stars. There is absolutely no reason you can't have KO face Bo in a normal match without having AJ, Sami, or Corbin walk out.

That first match on NXT where Aleister Black squashed a wimpie guy with one move did more for him than any back and forth match with a mid tier guy could have.

Jobber squashes and promos to build to money matches create a time tested sequence for wrasslin' success. You might not sell Tyler Breeze merch if he's a complete jobber, but how much are you really selling now with him in this middle space where everybody's a Superstar?

That first match on NXT where Aleister Black squashed a wimpie guy with one move did more for him than any back and forth match with a mid tier guy could have.

Jobber squashes and promos to build to money matches create a time tested sequence for wrasslin' success. You might not sell Tyler Breeze merch if he's a complete jobber, but how much are you really selling now with him in this middle space where everybody's a Superstar?

Yeah this is kind of what I'm trying to get at. WWE is trying to make everyone, especially those who come through NXT, into an established star rather than using them within the roster for story building matches. A guy like Ellsworth could have been kept on the roster simply for squash matches but NOPE he had to be turned into a storyline character.

The WWE didn't have 40 jobbers, it was always a small handful but they had a solid low to mid tier level of talent for use in matches with mid to upper tier players. We used to see Godfather/Kama, D-Lo, Mark Henry, Snow, Holly, Golddust, etc all being used interchangeably as either title contenders or jobbers despite some having solid technical talent (Dust, Snow).

Watching this dude cut a theatrical wrasslin' promo about healthcare at a town hall:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=7m35s&v=3uTTn9uDZzc

Give him the strap.

GOP will give him the strap all right.

giphy.gif

Menome

Also: I have super-kidneys. I drank a whole bottle of wine last weekend and got up at about 9am on Sunday as normal.

EDIT: Or maybe a super-liver.

I always drink some whiskey in order to be able to sleep, otherwise I'm not able to at all. Drinking during long flights is great.

I would have been happy if I could have kept drinking but they werent serving it on that flight for whatever reason.

I have always had a stupidly high tolerance to alcohol which doesnt help either.

Flying sucks. No beatings or fights so far at least.

I got a new job where I had to travel every few months for events we put on. At first I thought "THIS IS AWESOME" but by the third trip I really began to hate flying. It got easier in terms of knowing the routine and such, but just the feeling of being on a plane became awful.

jmdajr

So much for flight. Maintenance issues. Got off plane. Booked for another flight. Wonderful. Well at least I wasn't suplexed off the ride.

Hasney

"Son, you need to learn what to do if some wrasslin' company gets too big for it's britches. Go into the UK and "work with them"."

Top Bottom