• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

And Omega/Okada II is ago...

Crowd way more behind Kenny
tumblr_oo590bg46c1u7gnm9o1_500.gif

All the stars

It's the first step. Huge part of the crowd is flying in(including myself) so viability of the expansion is still muddy. Still, just gotta take the first step.

I know. I just wonder/hope it gets good coverage.

Im still planning on going to Japan on boxing day or the day after for WK and a bunch of other shows in Tokyo that week. New Year Dash might be too hard to get tickets though.

Heroman

Banned
I know. I just wonder/hope it gets good coverage.

Im still planning on going to Japan on boxing day or the day after for WK and a bunch of other shows in Tokyo that week. New Year Dash might be too hard to get tickets though.
It is almost impossible to get New years dash tickets.

The good thing is that most major Japan company run mainly Tokyo and also have major shows in December it like wm weekend but better. I hope i can go one day.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. It is a big wewk or so. WK/DDT/Stardom then maybe another show or two depending on how I am feeling.

The annual Dragon Gate DOA cage match is on Friday! Should be ridiculous, as always - here's this year's convoluted rule set;

-Flags will be place at the top of the cage at each corner. The Dream Gate title belt will be placed on the center pole.
-The Takagi, Kong, Hulk, & Doi must first retrieve a flag. Once they have done so, they will gain Dream Gate challenger status.
-The four challengers can be eliminated via pin or submission at any time during the match. This can occur before they are able to retrieve a challenger flag. An eliminated competitor must leave the cage.
-YAMATO must compete during the entire match, but will not be able to retrieve the title belt until there is only 1 challenger remaining. He can not be eliminated via pin fall or submission at any point during the match.
-The match will progress until YAMATO and 1 challenger remain. The match can then be won by retrieving the Dream Gate title belt to win.
-The final competitor left in the cage will lose their hair or mask.

1997-1999.jpg

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!

We are on Day 3 of our 19 Days of Kane, and I think it's time to get into some in-ring stuff.

Kane debuts at Badd Blood 1997.

Badd Blood 1997 is one of my favorite PPVs of all time, because you get to see Undertaker get clowned by the debuting DEMON KANE.

Vince McMahon rightfully gets a bunch of shit for his commentary, but "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!" is one of his best calls. Also, ripping the door off the (first) Hell in a Cell match was a great visual too. Really one of the best debuts in WWE history.

on7hsDA.gif

Also, for all of you Meltzer devotees out there. This capped off a five star classic, and the only one since then has been CM Punk vs John Cena at Money in the Bank.

Tune in tomorrow for more hellfire and brimstone.

Previous entries in 19 Days of Kane
Day 1: Kane's inception
Day 2: Kane likes poontang pie

The annual Dragon Gate DOA cage match is on Friday! Should be ridiculous, as always - here's this year's convoluted rule set;

-Flags will be place at the top of the cage at each corner. The Dream Gate title belt will be placed on the center pole.
-The Takagi, Kong, Hulk, & Doi must first retrieve a flag. Once they have done so, they will gain Dream Gate challenger status.
-The four challengers can be eliminated via pin or submission at any time during the match. This can occur before they are able to retrieve a challenger flag. An eliminated competitor must leave the cage.
-YAMATO must compete during the entire match, but will not be able to retrieve the title belt until there is only 1 challenger remaining. He can not be eliminated via pin fall or submission at any point during the match.
-The match will progress until YAMATO and 1 challenger remain. The match can then be won by retrieving the Dream Gate title belt to win.

This sounds crazier than usual

I'm excited

Tall4Life

1997-1999.jpg

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!

We are on Day 3 of our 19 Days of Kane, and I think it's time to get into some in-ring stuff.

Badd Blood 1997 is one of my favorite PPVs of all time, because you get to see Undertaker get clowned by the debuting DEMON KANE.

Vince McMahon rightfully gets a bunch of shit for his commentary, but "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!" is one of his best calls. Also, ripping the door off the (first) Hell in a Cell match was a great visual too. Really one of the best debuts in WWE history.

on7hsDA.gif

Also, for all of you Meltzer devotees out there. This capped off a five star classic, and the only one since then has been CM Punk vs John Cena at Money in the Bank.

adf.jpg

Foggy

Even though there's less incentive for outside fuckery, I still hope there's a bunch of dudes outside launching soccer balls and shaving cream pies.

Sephzilla

A7EtD92.png

GWF Facts Post-GWF3: Sports Entertainia:

Current Champions
GWF World Champion: Beefy
GWF Tag Team Champions: The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman)
GWF B+ Champion: Tall4Life

The Goldberg Club
The following GWF sports entertainers are undefeated
--Beefy (2-0) (current GWF World Champion)
--Hasney (2-0)
--FlammableD (1-0)
--Skyward Sheep (1-0)
--SomewhatGroovy (1-0)

More W's Than A Wrestling Promotion Name
--Bronx-Man & Ithil currently have the most wins in GWF (3)

How Do I Hold All These Ls?
--Zach (1-3) and BewareTheBatsie (0-3) have the most losses in GWF

Breaking The Seal
The following superstars scored their first win at GWF3
--FlammableD
--SomewhatGroovy
--RBH
--imbask
--klonere
--Heroman
--sf2fanatic

The Streak... Is Over
The following superstars were dealt their first loss at GWF3
--Bronx-Man
--FallingEdge
--Ithil
--korly
--Sephzilla
:mad:
--ShadowSwordmaster

Fifty Fifty Booking
Seven GWF superstars currently have a 50% winning percentage
--Biggest-Geek-Ever
--FallingEdge
--Heroman
--imbask
--klonere
--Sephzilla
--sf2fanatic

GWF Firsts!
--Korly has the potentially infamous distinction of being the first former champion in GWF history
--Beefy is the first champion to successfully defend his championship

A7EtD92.png

GWF Facts Post-GWF3: Sports Entertainia:

Current Champions
GWF World Champion: Beefy
GWF Tag Team Champions: The New Japan Express (Klonere & Heroman)
GWF B+ Champion: Tall4Life

The Goldberg Club
The following GWF sports entertainers are undefeated
--Beefy (2-0) (current GWF World Champion)
--Hasney (2-0)
--FlammableD (1-0)
--Skyward Sheep (1-0)
--SomewhatGroovy (1-0)

More W's Than A Wrestling Promotion Name
--Bronx-Man & Ithil currently have the most wins in GWF (3)

How Do I Hold All These Ls?
--Zach (1-3) and BewareTheBatsie (0-3) have the most losses in GWF

Breaking The Seal
The following superstars scored their first win at GWF3
--FlammableD
--SomewhatGroovy
--RBH
--imbask
--klonere
--Heroman
--sf2fanatic

The Streak... Is Over
The following superstars were dealt their first loss at GWF3
--Bronx-Man
--FallingEdge
--Ithil
--korly
--Sephzilla
:mad:
--ShadowSwordmaster

Fifty Fifty Booking
Seven GWF superstars currently have a 50% winning percentage
--Biggest-Geek-Ever
--FallingEdge
--Heroman
--imbask
--klonere
--Sephzilla
--sf2fanatic

GWF Firsts!
--Korly has the potentially infamous distinction of being the first former champion in GWF history
--Beefy is the first champion to successfully defend his championship

I lost but was never pinned or submitted?

M9mPdkj.gif

1997-1999.jpg

THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE!

on7hsDA.gif

What was day 2?

Top Bottom