• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

RBH

Wow, so Michael Hayes was pushing for that house of horrors match for nearly two decades according to Court Bauer.
tumblr_n3l9uundgc1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Former WWE writer on his rejected ideas:
Rhodes had started sporting a cheesy, thin moustache that immediately caught the attention of the fans, who chanted "Cody's moustache" during his matches. WWE Diva Kaitlyn had tweeted several times in the past that she had a thing for guys with moustaches. This one was a no-brainer -- or so I thought.

At the time, Rhodes and Damien Sandow were paired together as best friends and tag-team partners. I thought it would be compelling if moustache-lover Kaitlyn, a babyface, suddenly found Rhodes irresistible despite the fact that he was a heel.

Rhodes and Kaitlyn would begin dating, causing Sandow to resent her for putting a strain on his bromance and for her trying to change Rhodes by encouraging him to abandon his villainous ways. Having to choose between a love interest and a close friend is something a lot of people could identify with.

I figured we could take the storyline in several different directions. The obvious route would be for a jealous Sandow to turn on Rhodes. Eventually, Sandow would get together with a rival of Kaitlyn's, leading to a series of mixed tag matches.

Another way to go would be for Kaitlyn to turn heel and hook up with Sandow, saying Sandow's impressive beard put Rhodes' moustache to shame.

My initial pitch of Kaitlyn being attracted to Rhodes actually did make it onto TV, but I could tell McMahon wasn't all that interested in it. When Brie and Nikki Bella returned to WWE, the storyline was abruptly dropped after a couple weeks because McMahon decided to align the Bella twins with Rhodes and Sandow.

"What about the budding romance between Rhodes and Kaitlyn?" I asked McMahon during a booking meeting.

McMahon, who had made it clear on several occasions he did not find Kaitlyn's muscular physique all that attractive, replied (and I'm paraphrasing): "If one of the Bellas showed interest in Cody, why would he ever look at Kaitlyn again?"

Undeterred, I said, "Because plenty of men in our audience think Kaitlyn is hot whether you think so or not."

Actually, I didn't say that. I believe my response was, "Fair enough, sir."

I guess he really is going blind.

Top Bottom