• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Adree

Meltzer on the latest Observer Radio is pretty insane. Trying to tie Aiden English's new gimmick to Mauro is not only demeaning to the real story of Mauro's trouble with WWE and will probably end up with them just killing any screen time Aiden gets at all. He really stretched trying to make the point even going so far as to say Mauro had a breakdown on air which isn't what happened.

He also doesn't like Tom Phillips talking bad about Drew Gulak's mat-based wrestling gimmick when that's the entire point of it: He's a heel that is keeping cruiserweights from doing high-flying offense so Tom as a face/neutral announcer is supposed to be angry.

Pikma

Banned
Enjoy NJPW while you can, friend.
NJPW will be a lot harder for them to gut, they'll need a lot of $$$$$$$ and to make Nakamura happy enough to help them convince talent to make the jump. I mean, they probably can take a bunch of low/mid carders somehow but the top stars ain't risking shit and ain't abandoning their company.

Meltzer on the latest Observer Radio is pretty insane. Trying to tie Aiden English's new gimmick to Mauro is not only demeaning to the real story of Mauro's trouble with WWE and will probably end up with them just killing any screen time Aiden gets at all. He really stretched trying to make the point even going so far as to say Mauro had a breakdown on air which isn't what happened.

He also doesn't like Tom Phillips talking bad about Drew Gulak's mat-based wrestling gimmick when that's the entire point of it: He's a heel that is keeping cruiserweights from doing high-flying offense so Tom as a face/neutral announcer is supposed to be angry.
JBL telling Byran he'd be doing the same thing too was pretty suspect tho

JBL telling Byran he'd be doing the same thing too was pretty suspect tho
JBL has always shit talked Byron though, that's nothing new. Remember how he said he'd unplug Byron from life support to charge his iPhone?

Trying to tie it to Mauro is asinine. Dave needs some hard evidence for me to believe that shit.

Beefy

NJPW will be a lot harder for them to gut, they'll need a lot of $$$$$$$ and to make Nakamura happy enough to help them convince talent to make the jump. I mean, they probably can take a bunch of low/mid carders somehow but the top stars ain't risking shit and ain't abandoning their company.

I think it all depends if wwe make a wwe Japan or not. If they do they could just say to the bigger stars they can stay in Japan. Give it a few years and the UK indie scene will be dead. Then the the wwe will move onto Japan.

Heroman

Banned
I think it all depends if wwe make a wwe Japan or not. If they do they could just say to the bigger stars they can stay in Japan. Give it a few years and the UK indie scene will be dead. Then the the wwe will move onto Japan.
Japan and Europe are two different beast.

Pikma

Banned
Well, maybe but the UK thing needs to work out and be kept away from Vince, the Cruiserweights did not, Vince & Co botched them and now it's becoming less appealing for guys like Ricochet and probably Ospreay to sign.

Meltzer is an idiot when he speculates about things. He's working himself into a shoot. English is taking the #Hardbody route to success and Dave better not fuck up that dude's sceentime.
JBL has always shit talked Byron though, that's nothing new. Remember how he said he'd unplug Byron from life support to charge his iPhone?

Trying to tie it to Mauro is asinine. Dave needs some hard evidence for me to believe that shit.
He has yet to provide any hard evidence about anything regarding Mauro. He's getting pissy at ESPN and the only evidence he had was a segment from the WWE Network.

Caderfix

Vince's master plan is to kill wrestling once and for all. He'll make sure there's only sports entertainment left before he dies.

Heroman

Banned
It's still going to end up who has the deepest pockets and who is willing to spend cash. I would hate to see wwe wipe out the indies etc, but that is what they are doing.
I doubt WWE will spend a alot of time and money in a place that where they are not that popular in. In order to compete in Japan they would to completely change how they book, runs show, and match quality

Beefy

I don't like giving wwe ideas, but they could have wwe uk, wwe usa, wwe japan, wwe europe and then NXT. All as their own shows once a week with their own ppvs,then make Wrestlemania were all the stars of each programme meet up.

I don't like giving wwe ideas, but they could have wwe uk, wwe usa, wwe japan, wwe europe and then NXT. All as their own shows once a week with their own ppvs,then make Wrestlemania were all the stars of each programme meet up.

Don't forget about WWE India and WWE China.
I wonder if this is what they want to do in the long run.

Caderfix

And then US wins everything because anyone else is a heel foreigner.

Pikma

Banned
Meltzer also mentioned that Evolve wanted to do a slow build to O'Reilly vs. Riddle, but they had to just rush and do it this month because O'Reilly is going to WWE soon.
What's the source on this? Not that I doubt you but can't find it at all, all I see is a mention of Kyle's run on Evolve being short but nothing else

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's okay they would never use that idea.

I think it'd be easier for them to gut the Mexico scene than Japan's, and that says a lot

Nationalism is pretty big in Mexico, if the national lucha scene was in danger of disappearing because of WWE I could see a national movement to keep it alive, at least for CMLL,Mexico City and Mexico State promotions. AAA I could totally see it gone.

Nationalism is pretty big in Mexico, if the national lucha scene was in danger of disappearing because of WWE I could see a national movement to keep it alive, at least for CMLL,Mexico City and Mexico State promotions. AAA I could totally see it gone.
AAA seems to be in a lot of trouble but it keeps going.

Heroman

Banned
WWE can't gut Mexico because there like a unlimited supply of talent there. It crazy how many talented dude are there wreslting all over Mexico.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WWE wouldnt know the first thing about who to sign from Mexico because Meltzerz doesnt wathc lucha libre so they wouldnt know who to steal

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why doesn't he watch it?
He does if it's a big show but he doesn't have time to watch UFC, every WWE product (they skim through NXT weekly programming), and most of the bigger NJPW shows plus write the Newsletter.

Pikma

Banned
WWE can't gut Mexico because there like a unlimited supply of talent there. It crazy how many talented dude are there wreslting all over Mexico.
And most of them would never work, or at least their characters, on WWE television. So really, it'd be nigh impossible, same as Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm really starting to dig Chavo in LU. Especially when the whole Mexico is after him stuff comes up.

I also like the bit where Vampiro says he doesn't like Blue Demon Jr. either!

I'm almost done with season 1. It's pretty good and I'm glad I watched it but it wasn't exactly life altering either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really starting to dig Chavo in LU. Especially when the whole Mexico is after him stuff comes up.

I also like the bit where Vampiro says he doesn't like Blue Demon Jr. either!

I'm almost done with season 1. It's pretty good and I'm glad I watched it but it wasn't exactly life altering either.

Grave Consequences is life altering

Top Bottom