• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer did like 20 minutes on Brazo de Oro on his podcast the other day so he obviously watches at least some Mexican wrestling.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like how Alberto comes in as a face, has like one match, and then disappears for the rest of season one while the guy he feuded with immediately becomes a face.

Adree

It always cracks me up with Meltzer and Alvarez gripe about Miz's ripoff Yes kicks looking terrible. I mean isn't that the point?

Caderfix

It always cracks me up with Meltzer and Alvarez gripe about Miz's ripoff Yes kicks looking terrible. I mean isn't that the point?

I don't think it is the point at all. The point is to steal Bryan's move, making it look look shitty is just lack of skill.

Adree

I don't think it is the point at all. The point is to steal Bryan's move, making it look look shitty is just lack of skill.

The law of wrestling is that if you steal a move it doesn't work nearly as effectively so why would he try to make it look good?

He should probably stop doing them though since it just gets him cheers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm amazed how over Son of Havoc gets. Considering how much I love mismatched tag teams that hate each other I totally dig the same thing with a trios team.

Caderfix

The law of wrestling is that if you steal a move it doesn't work nearly as effectively so why would he try to make it look good?

Honestly, I see such argument as an excuse because Miz is doing it. He would make it look good because making moves look good is part of pro wrestling, whether the move is flashy or not, it has to look at least threatening.

DMczaf

I went to see Peter Pan and this woman on a girls night out thing ended up puking at the end of the first half of the show. She had a sippy cup that was like 24 oz of wine...

Kaladin

I went to see Peter Pan and this woman on a girls night out thing ended up puking at the end of the first half of the show. She had a sippy cup that was like 24 oz of wine...

That's almost a whole bottle of wine.....people don't realize it's hard to down a bottle in one go with no food.

What's the source on this? Not that I doubt you but can't find it at all, all I see is a mention of Kyle's run on Evolve being short but nothing else

Sorry I'm late, but this is the part of the Newsletter where he mentions it:

Evolve announced their next set of shows on Flo Slam with a 5/20 show from Chicago starting at 1:30 p.m. Eastern (they are going early to avoid going head-to-head with NXT) with Matt Riddle vs. Kyle O’Reilly for the WWN title (with O’Reilly’s timing with Evolve likely short they needed to get this match done as soon as possible rather than doing a long build)

Combine that with what he has said about O'Reilly elsewhere and it's obvious why his Evolve run will be short.

DMczaf

Apparently she can't go anymore.

All I could think of was Vince McMahon...

BqTBaq0CMAA6bon.jpg

How was the show

Pretty damn good. Lots of Hook references that I'm sure the kids didn't get.

That's almost a whole bottle of wine.....people don't realize it's hard to down a bottle in one go with no food.

You could tell she had issues since she kept rocking back and forth...and then SHES GONNA PUKE! SHES GONNA PUKE! SHES GONNA...*PUKE*

Got some on the couple sitting next to her.

Anth0ny

lol

these days you need to be shit in ring to be a heel. see: jinder, roman reigns

no one is booing aj styles, kevin owens or seth rollins when they go out there and have 4.5* classics, no matter how much they call the crowd dumb

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not sure how you could fuck those kicks up. They don't look hard to do.

Adree

lol

these days you need to be shit in ring to be a heel. see: jinder, roman reigns

no one is booing aj styles, kevin owens or seth rollins when they go out there and have 4.5* classics, no matter how much they call the crowd dumb

Owens got booed when he turned on Jericho. They just don't know how to build modern faces that people can get behind without them being colossal do-gooder dipshits.

Angry Grimace

It's obvious what I mean by wipe out. Steal all the talent and just leave the shit/ average wrestlers, some indies will survive but most will close up. It's what they are starting to do in the UK.

Meltzer said something way different this week - indies are drawing better than they ever have and that he thinks it just leads to more talent showing up.

Top Bottom