• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

alstein

That just shows how terrible the writing is then; use a wrestler to prolong a feud for a manager instead of the other way around.

Further: Axel was immediately buried by Triple H and for some reason did not have him retaliate at all. Then he "beats" them because Triple H collapsed on his own for whatever reason they never disclose, then beats Cena by countout because of interference. Not that Axel ever had much charisma to begin with, he needs helluva lot stronger booking than that to start out. And they failed to do that. Ryback is similar, losing every match against somebody who isn't a complete jobber. Big chance to make him the #2 babyface in the company, and instead turns him heel and he jobs more.

List goes on for people they've made into practically nothing or midcard at best: Barrett, Ziggler, Kofi, Miz (he sucks, but his WWE title reign was ass), ADR, Swagger, Christian since returning, Sandow, and can throw in McIntyre if you want. Basically, if you're not in Evolution, Sheamus, Cena, Bryan, or Roman Reigns, you're pretty much a bug on the windshield.

Ryback got punished for doing the spear and jackhammer in a match when he tried to get WWE to do him vs Goldberg and it wasn't going to happen. They were trying hard to avoid Goldberg chants with him at the time, so it's his own damn fault, even if I'm a fan of the big guy. (Seriously I find him more enjoyable than most of the roster)

As for ADR, he's clearly talented as hell but the fans just didn't take to him for some reason. Sometimes it just happens. I think if WCW was still around he would have done a lot better there- he just screams WCW-style guy.

Sblargh

Banned
It's like a timewarped edition of the match starring 2012 Bryan vs 1997 Kane.
I mean if you're going to go through the effort then you'd think maybe getting the right figures would be a good idea.
(or they're just choosing the best versions of both guys)

I think it's fan made and they just reposted on their page.

DiscoJon

Banned
It's 5:14am and I'm still up. Alternating between Botchamania vids and old R.E.M. songs. Fucking shit man.

I think it's fan made and they just reposted on their page.

Actually, yeah.
Considering they posted that other one with Kane/Taker WM14 that I linked back in the March (?) thread maybe the guy just really likes his classic Kane, and with good cause!

Alucard

Banned
That just shows how terrible the writing is then; use a wrestler to prolong a feud for a manager instead of the other way around.

Further: Axel was immediately buried by Triple H and for some reason did not have him retaliate at all. Then he "beats" them because Triple H collapsed on his own for whatever reason they never disclose, then beats Cena by countout because of interference. Not that Axel ever had much charisma to begin with, he needs helluva lot stronger booking than that to start out. And they failed to do that. Ryback is similar, losing every match against somebody who isn't a complete jobber. Big chance to make him the #2 babyface in the company, and instead turns him heel and he jobs more.

List goes on for people they've made into practically nothing or midcard at best: Barrett, Ziggler, Kofi, Miz (he sucks, but his WWE title reign was ass), ADR, Swagger, Christian since returning, Sandow, and can throw in McIntyre if you want. Basically, if you're not in Evolution, Sheamus, Cena, Bryan, or Roman Reigns, you're pretty much a bug on the windshield.

I wrote an article about how Axel was never given a chance and that they fucked him from the word "go." Really sad and one of the times when the Triple H shovel complaints are legit.

Alucard

Banned
Also, sounds like the NJPW PPV came off as expected:

-a great main event
-Ishii and Ibushi stole the show
-Gracies were terrible
-opener set a good pace

Just surprised Tencozy still came away with the NWA tag belts.

Gonna watch this as soon as I'm able to.

strobogo

Banned
I'm pretty sure level 17 of the iOS/Android Godzilla game is impossible to get past unless you purchase updates.

EDIT: As I say that, I get an update that makes it possible to beat.

Can anyone find me a screenshot of that terrible Limp Bizkit sign from WMX7 the kid did that won the competition? Google is failing me.

Alucard

Banned
Bennett's not that bad, bros. Cut the man some slack. He's got a good look and is constantly improving his in-ring game.

Also, sounds like the NJPW PPV came off as expected:

-a great main event
-Ishii and Ibushi stole the show
-Gracies were terrible
-opener set a good pace

Just surprised Tencozy still came away with the NWA tag belts.

Gonna watch this as soon as I'm able to.

Yeah man, it was a fun show. And as of right now, Ishii has to be the early runner for Wrestler of the Year. He is on fire and on another level with the performances he has been giving.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah man, it was a fun show. And as of right now, Ishii has to be the early runner for Wrestler of the Year. He is on fire and on another level with the performances he has been giving.

I still need to go back and watch his other notable matches from this year. One was against Naito, and the other was...?

Sblargh

Banned
Is there any one site where there is a comprehensive weekly listing of wrestling events for noobies like me to know stuff before they happen? (I just missed a Shine iPPV this friday, apparently)

Vince McMahon said:
Meltzer said there were still tickets available at the door.

Yeah, yottsume said they had tickets for all sections available at the door, but I'd say the place ended up about 70% full with the set-up they had.

I still need to go back and watch his other notable matches from this year. One was against Naito, and the other was...?

. Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii - NEVER Openweight Title - (NJPW 2014/02/11)
. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NEVER Openweight Title - (NJPW 2014/04/06) - 20 minutes in
. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs KUSHIDA - NEVER Openweight Title - (NJPW 2014/04/12)
. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Tomoaki Honma - NEVER Openweight Title - (NJPW 2014/05/03)
. Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Kota Ibushi - NEVER Openweight Title - (NJPW 2014/05/25)

Carnby

I bought a wifi repeater for when I watch PPVs on the Network. PPVs constantly skip when I watch them on my PS4. I hope this wasn't a waste of money.

For those who watch ppvs on PS4, how is the quality for you?

I shouldn't be so negative about going since I was really stoked for the show when I bought the tickets. Daniel Bryan was the champ and the fucking stupid Kane shit hadn't started yet. This was also when I still thought there was an outside shot they would give Bray Wyatt a clean win over Cena. The Evolution and Shield stuff was good too.

At least one of those three good things is still going on. Maybe it won't be too bad. Seth Rollins and Batista was entertaining this past week so there could be more good Evolution and Shield stuff. And, you never know, CM Punk might show up. (lol)

Same here. I was so stoked about going when tickets went on sale. Now I wouldn't care if I had to back out at the last minute. I contemplated putting mine on StubHub but it's only an hour away so I figured I'd just go and have fun.

I bought a wifi repeater for when I watch PPVs on the Network. PPVs constantly skip when I watch them on my PS4. I hope this wasn't a waste of money.

For those who watch ppvs on PS4, how is the quality for you?

I use a wifi repeater, they work well.

The quality is pretty good! It's my go to even though I have an HTPC

Carnby

I use a wifi repeater, they work well.

The quality is pretty good! It's my go to even though I have an HTPC

Thanks. that makes me feel more confident about my purchase.

BTW WrassleGAF, the real Outsider on our FB group, Chainsaw, is going to Chikara tonight. I told him that he should post that he is there. I'm not sure if he will....

Sblargh

Banned
They should rethink Countdown's format a bit, or at least outright lie about the result, so it stops being popularity contests unrelated to the topic at hand. Rock's and Cena's debut being on the list was like: "Yeah, our debuts that made the top 10 best debuts of all time sucked, but hey, you liked us after we turned our back on it and became the opposite of that character, right?"

I forgot to mention how good I thought Naito's performance was today - Fale deserves some of the credit too, as he led much of the match, but it was Naito's perfectly placed hope spots and the reactions he was drawing from the crowd that made it. Also, his new ring gear and laser light show entrance were cool.

hmm. I dunno...

Yeah, I thought Tokyo Pimps was a great finisher, but he does sometimes struggle to get bigger guys up for it and this new one looks a whole lot easier, in that regard.

darkbanjo

They should rethink Countdown's format a bit, or at least outright lie about the result, so it stops being popularity contests unrelated to the topic at hand. Rock's and Cena's debut being on the list was like: "Yeah, our debuts that made the top 10 best debuts of all time sucked, but hey, you liked us after we turned our back on it and became the opposite of that character, right?"

Didn't they try play that off as the 'most memorable' rather than best? Honestly I can't fathom how the voting aspect would entice people to watch a show like that. I like Countdown, but I wouldn't care at all if it wasn't voted on, in fact I'd probably prefer it.

Wow, NJPW didn't even come close to a Yokohama sellout. Very unlikely they will go back there again soon, and this makes me very worried about the Seibu Dome closing out the G1.

Pretty much was as I expected match-wise. Hopefully we've seen the last of the Gracies in NJPW, and man, Naito's stock has fallen off the wagon, which is a real shame as he's a decent hand in the ring. Ishii again had easily the best match of the show, and he is still NJPW's MVP in 2014. Hell, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's my favorite to win the G1.

So for Dominion, it's looking like...

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale
IWGP Tag Team Championship: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. BOSJ 2014 Winner
NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Yujiro Takahashi

We might see an AJ title defense but I doubt it as BITW 2014 is the same weekend, so he will likely defend the belt there.

Yujiroinboringblackattire.jpeg

forever ruined

Yea but that mask

Wow, NJPW didn't even come close to a Yokohama sellout. Very unlikely they will go back there again soon, and this makes me very worried about the Seibu Dome closing out the G1.

Pretty much was as I expected match-wise. Hopefully we've seen the last of the Gracies in NJPW, and man, Naito's stock has fallen off the wagon, which is a real shame as he's a decent hand in the ring. Ishii again had easily the best match of the show, and he is still NJPW's MVP in 2014. Hell, if I didn't know any better, I'd say he's my favorite to win the G1.

So for Dominion, it's looking like...

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale
IWGP Tag Team Championship: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. BOSJ 2014 Winner
NEVER Openweight Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Yujiro Takahashi

We might see an AJ title defense but I doubt it as BITW 2014 is the same weekend, so he will likely defend the belt there.

AJ Inst booked for the ROH PPV.

Top Bottom