• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I've never been to a Raw, but I was at Elimination Chamber last year. Pretty good show. Got the better of the two Rock/Punk matches, a Shield match, and two good Chamber matches.

BUFF BAGWELL COME BACK TOUR

bufflol.gif

ONE LAST RUN

aabuff1.gif

gurudyne

what the hell. Gaming side seems so damn touchy

We're still in the first days of the new generation. The way I understand it, drive-by one-liners like that provoke console war responses and for a gaming forum, is a worse form of trolling than posting a similar sarcastic remark in OT. Things will probably calm down in the future, but no one should be stupid enough to go into Gaming side and pointlessly shit talk a specific console right now.

It doesn't help on gaming side that there's an absurd amount of people constantly treading into topics they have absolutely nothing to offer to except "I don't understand why they're lazy". It's a parade of embarrassment in each technical or development thread.

ghostmind

That was a great opener - probably the best one in recent memory.

Time Splitters and the Young Bucks need to go to war over the Jr. Tag belts.

Bloodwake

I got to see Hunter/Steph/Orton come out and Steph bitched about Orton hitting Cena's dad.

Batista returned to a lackluster reaction, but it was still the only babyface reaction of the return.

Bryan had just left the Wyatts and came off a concussion, him and Bray had good promos though.

Del Rio/Mysterio in which I could hear a fucking pin drop in the arena.

Shield vs Rhodes/Big E which was OK.

CM Punk in his FINAL EVER RAW MATCH against Billy fucking Gunn. Kane shenanigans somewhere in there.

Lesnar tripped over a monitor cable running scared from Big Show.

40 minutes of ads, in which the crowd booed a picture of Obama on MLK day.

No cool Wyatt entrance because of said 40 minutes of ads.

Wyatts/Usos (yep it was going on at the time as an aside of Bryan/Wyatt) which was completely dead outside of Bryan coming out to beat up Bray.

The entire FUCKING show was built around Cena being three hours late to work, coming out at 10:59PM to beat up Randy Orton in his second match with Kofi. Cena finally comes out and they have a shitty brawl up the stairs near me.

I had fun, but it was draining.

I was at this show. Bought tickets at the last minute because I was excited about the Rumble for some odd reason. Boy, was I disappointed.

The best part of the whole night was me getting to mark out to Daniel Bryan. The last Raw I went to was Raw 1000 and I was basically the only person in the upper deck of the Scotttrade Center yessing. I was slightly inebriated. It was good to not be the only huge Daniel Bryan mark in the building.

Other than that, it was a three and a half hour drive that was definitely a waste of gas and a hotel room. The drive back was even more miserable due to the 5-6 inches of snow that fell in the early morning.

WWE managed to get my money again for Raw in Knoxville this Monday. I plan on being an asshole. If I get bored I will chant for CM Punk at will and sing John Cena sucks. Parents will hate me.

We're still in the first days of the new generation. The way I understand it, drive-by one-liners like that provoke console war responses and for a gaming forum, is a worse form of trolling than posting a similar sarcastic remark in OT. Things will probably calm down in the future, but no one should be stupid enough to go into Gaming side and pointlessly shit talk a specific console right now.
Ah, i see. I don't really keep up with videogames these days, but yeah it is pretty baity

Chanting for CM Punk is just dumb. They didn't fire him. Or force him out. He left at will. I want him back as much as the next guy, but chanting his name is stupid and not at all productive.

Bloodwake

Chanting for CM Punk is just dumb. They didn't fire him. Or force him out. He left at will. I want him back as much as the next guy, but chanting his name is stupid and not at all productive.

I care about none of these points. My point is I am going to be fucking obnoxious and do obnoxious things.

I might as well plan on doing them because I will probably be drinking and that will happen anyways.

Knoxville is a dead fucking crowd anyways. It always comes across dead on TV even with Smackdown crowd edits. My lone voice will not change how drab and uninterested the audience who goes to this show will be. It will be my luck that we will get some crazy Cesaro vs. Barrett barn burner twenty minute five star match. Knoxville will probably sit on their hands and kill both of their pushes in one go.

Mark my words, there will be at least one really good match on Monday with wrestlers we all care about that will be good. The crowd will then proceed to act uninterested and WWE will grow impatient and place them in Zack Ryder - JTG land.

Never underestimate my bad luck.

Vylash

I was at this show. Bought tickets at the last minute because I was excited about the Rumble for some odd reason. Boy, was I disappointed.

The best part of the whole night was me getting to mark out to Daniel Bryan. The last Raw I went to was Raw 1000 and I was basically the only person in the upper deck of the Scotttrade Center yessing. I was slightly inebriated. It was good to not be the only huge Daniel Bryan mark in the building.

Other than that, it was a three and a half hour drive that was definitely a waste of gas and a hotel room. The drive back was even more miserable due to the 5-6 inches of snow that fell in the early morning.

WWE managed to get my money again for Raw in Knoxville this Monday. I plan on being an asshole. If I get bored I will chant for CM Punk at will and sing John Cena sucks. Parents will hate me.
How much do I have to pay you to convince you to bring a "we want bayley" sign?

ghostmind

Adding Yujiro to the Bullet Club was a great idea. Having him play the trolling asshole gives a better (negative) connection with the crowd.

EDIT: I love Bruce Tharpe-des' jacket.

Bloodwake

How much do I have to pay you to convince you to bring a "we want bayley" sign?

I'm not going to be on TV. The hard camera seats sold out way before I looked into buying tickets. I have a friend of a friend who has some pull getting comps and I waited too long to buy good seats. I ended up paying more than I should to get seats somewhere behind the commentators facing the ramp.

I shouldn't be so negative about going since I was really stoked for the show when I bought the tickets. Daniel Bryan was the champ and the fucking stupid Kane shit hadn't started yet. This was also when I still thought there was an outside shot they would give Bray Wyatt a clean win over Cena. The Evolution and Shield stuff was good too.

At least one of those three good things is still going on. Maybe it won't be too bad. Seth Rollins and Batista was entertaining this past week so there could be more good Evolution and Shield stuff. And, you never know, CM Punk might show up. (lol)

Bloodwake

You truly deserve the show you're going to get.

Probably.

I might buy cheap tickets to a TNA house show ten minutes away from my house on Friday. You may argue that's actually the show I deserve.

TNA's product over the last 6-9 months made the last month of WWE look like the fucking Attitude Era.

Vylash

Probably.

I might buy cheap tickets to a TNA house show ten minutes away from my house on Friday. You may argue that's actually the show I deserve.

TNA's product over the last 6-9 months made the last month of WWE look like the fucking Attitude Era.

I don;t think they've made WWE look that bad

Probably.

i recommend getting the cheap TNA tickets. they may not be around much longer, so see 'em while you still can!

ghostmind

Ya got me NJPW - here I was thinking "here we go again... another Iizuka & Yano vs. Suzuki & insert Suzuki-gun member here match... zzz"

ghostmind

What is left of CHAOS:

Shinsuke Nakamura
Kazuchika Okada
Tomohiro Ishii
Toru Yano
YOSHI-HASHI
Alex Koslov
Rocky Romero
Jado
Gedo

The cracks are forming, now we just need the Nakamura and Okada feud to shatter CHAOS.

ghostmind

Fale has to work on that gut if they want him to be the feared monster.

Everyone walking out because they know a Gracie match is next.

Top Bottom