• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
MOTYC:
The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (Elimination Chamber 2014)
Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt (Royal Rumble 2014)
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (WrestleMania XXX)
Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn (NXT Arrival)
John Cena vs. Cesaro (some RAW)

Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi (NJPW 42nd Anniversary)
Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata (Wrestle Kingdom 8)
Ricochet vs. Masato Yoshino (Dragon Gate Dead or Alive 2014)

Stuff I'd like to watch:
Inner-City Machine Guns vs. African-American Wolves (PWG DDT4 2014)
Young Bucks vs. reDragon (ROH Raising the Bar Night 2)
Masato Yoshino vs. Masaaki Mochizuki (Dragon Gate Infinity #324)
Anthony Nese vs. Trent Barreta (EVOLVE 25)
Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong (DGUSA Way of the Ronin)
Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero: Ringmaster's Challenge (ROH Raising the Bar Night 2)
Johnny Gargano vs. Ricochet (DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2014)

Where's Bootaay's giant list?

Why is Bradshaw the general manager of NXT?

It was from the aborted Authority vs. Rhodes feud, and the Authority removed Dusty and installed JBL as NXT GM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ishii/Naito from ...I think New Beginning was the one I loved.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST who gets paid to write this shit on WWE.com

RAW PREVIEW

20140523_Light_Raw_5ptPreview_HP.jpg

We’re less than one week away from WWE Payback, but we might very well be heading into the anticipated special event without a WWE World Heavyweight Champion. As the WWE Universe waits to see whether the leader of the “Yes!” Movement will indeed relinquish his hard-earned title, what will transpire when a special Memorial Day edition of Monday night’s hottest show emanates from Knoxville, Tenn.? WWE.com has five theories.

1. Although their hero underwent successful neck surgery and is fortunately on the mend, the “Yes!” Movement has been in turmoil since The Authority demanded that Daniel Bryan personally surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Championship this Monday on Raw. As argued by Stephanie McMahon last week on Raw, the WWE Universe needs an active champion, and since Bryan is currently unable to compete while in recovery, giving up his title is “best for business.”

WWE COO Triple H addressed the matter further last Wednesday on WWE.com in an exclusive interview with Michael Cole, suggesting that perhaps Bryan’s “not tough enough to be able to handle the gig” and that the fan-favorite Superstar will do the right thing by relinquishing the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. If Bryan doesn’t, we can only assume that the consequences will be dire.

Awful, awful stuff.

dream

NXT is so terrible. Nothing on it makes any sense. Why would Bo Dallas care about losing a loser leaves town match when losing it means he gets to leave this bingo hall and go to WWE? This shitty show is like WWE's version of Thursday Thunder.

NXT is so terrible. Nothing on it makes any sense. Why would Bo Dallas care about losing a loser leaves town match when losing it means he gets to leave this bingo hall and go to WWE? This shitty show is like WWE's version of Thursday Thunder.

If NXT:WWE :: Thursday Night Thunder:WCW, what does that make SmackDown? Because SmackDown sure as hell isn't Saturday Night.

Trips vs Bryan for me.

I feel like a terrible wrestling fan for not liking Shield/Wyatts as much as everyone else.

Depends on the style you like. It was a great crazy brawl. But if you're not as into crazy brawls, I can understand. I personally feel the Chamber match is highly underrated. I enjoyed it more than Shield/Wyatts. I mean hell, Meltzer liked the Raw match a week later more, and that doesn't appear to be the consensus.

Depends on the style you like. It was a great crazy brawl. But if you're not as into crazy brawls, I can understand. I personally feel the Chamber match is highly underrated. I enjoyed it more than Shield/Wyatts. I mean hell, Meltzer liked the Raw match a week later more, and that doesn't appear to be the consensus.

Oh shit, so I can admit that I liked the Chamber match more? Because I did too.

I don't know, I feel like The Shield's best work was a year ago when they were facing Team Hell No and their random partner week after week. Like you said, their stuff more recently is brawling. That Shield/Evolution match is madly overrated.

That hyperbole, dream. NXT is a very up-and-down sort of show - it's quality from week to week is hindered by a number of things; the fact they tape in blocks, the fact that they have a large roster of varying levels of skill all vying for TV time and the fact that it's a meant to be a place for future talent to hone their craft. Thunder was just the shits.

As for match of the year, I'd be hard pressed to pick one without re-watching them all, but for me it's got to be between Ishii vs Naito at New Beginning, Nakamura vs Tanahashi at Invasion Attack, Trips vs Bryan at Mania, T-Hawk vs Tozawa at King of Gate, Ricochet vs Uhaa at Glorious Gate, Yoshino vs Mochizuki at Mochi's 20th Anniversary Show, Ibushi vs Okada at the NJPW Anniversary Show, The Shield vs Wyatt Family match at Elimination Chamber and Devitt vs Zack Sabre Jr. at Progress Chapter 13.

Wow, NJPW didn't even come close to a Yokohama sellout. Very unlikely they will go back there again soon, and this makes me very worried about the Seibu Dome closing out the G1.

I wouldn't worry about the G1 - even when New Japan was in the shits, quality-wise, the G1 finals still drew well at Ryogoku. Whether that'll translate to the Seibu Dome is a different matter, but I don't think they'll have too much of a problem. I'd like to see them return to the Yokohama Arena next year, to see if they can build on the crowd (who were great throughout) that came out this time around. Also, they'd kinda booked themselves into a corner and, combined with a lacklustre showing at Dontaku, that could have hurt interest.

Where's Bootaay's giant list?

On my currently-broken laptop, unfortunately.

dream

Can we all agree that Charlotte is one of the most unattractive women in pro wrestling since the late Rhonda Singh?

What's everyone's MOTY up to this point? I'm tempted to say Ishii vs. Ibushi, but that might be because it is recent.

My MOTY is still Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito at NJPW New Beginning Osaka

As for the rest (in no particular order):

Young Bucks vs reDragon, ROH/NJPW War of the worlds
Chris Hero vs Masato Tanaka, DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate
Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito, NJPW Invasion Attack
Flamita vs Jimmy Susum, Dragon Gate Dead or Alive 2014
Ricochet vs YAMATO, Dragon Gate Dead or Alive 2014
Cesaro vs Sami Zayn, NXT ArRival
Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt, WWE Royal Rumble
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, NJPW Invasion Attack
Shield vs Evolution, WWE Extreme Rules

Gonna watch Ishimori vs Harada later today.

So, CHIKARA's in 25 minutes - who's in? Bronson is obviously too ecstatic to post the details, so here you go;

http://smvod.com/premium-video/chikara-ippv-may-25-2014-you-only-live-twice-easton-pa

. Jervis Cottonbelly vs Juan Francisco de Coranado
. Sinn Bodhi & The Odditorium (Oliver Grimsley & Quefka the Quiet) vs The Batiri (Kobald, Kodama & Obariyon)
. Elimination Match: 3.0 (Scott Parker & Shane Matthews) vs The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) vs GEKIDO (17 & deviANT) vs Pieces of Hate (Jigsaw & The Shard)
. '2014 WrassleGAF Mascot' Archibald Peck vs Jimmy Jacobs
. Die Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (Ares, Milo Schnitzler & Nøkken) vs The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked, Frightmare & UltraMantis Black)
. The Colony (Fire Ant, Green Ant & assailANT) vs The Colony X-Treme Force (Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Ant & Orbit Adventure Ant)
. CHIKARA Grand Championship: Eddie Kingston (c) vs Icarus

Heel said:
BJ Penn is the WrassleGAF mascot, brehs.

Whoever this BJ Penn feller is didn't win the 2014 WrassleGAF Avatar Rumble, so no, he's no mascot of ours. Besides, he'd probably get his ass kicked by Marchie Archie.

Rzx27Ay.jpg

Tursas!!

I like the facial recognition reticule that keeps popping up on the hard camera whenever it detects a face. Turn that shit off, jeez. Freaking amateur hour here.

*edit, Bryce said there's 1,500 fans in attendance, 25 rows deep.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tursas!!

I like the facial recognition reticule that keeps popping up on the hard camera whenever it detects a face. Turn that shit off, jeez. Freaking amateur hour here.

*edit, Bryce said there's 1,500 fans in attendance, 25 rows deep.

1500? That's amazing for Chikarrer. I'll watch it some other time because I don't have room in my life for chikara today ;(

Top Bottom